Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 16
Re: St. Louis, MO USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: jon12345 ()
Date: August 30, 2021 20:34

2120Joe
I had GA Tix for 3 shows in 2019. I got an “operational upgrade” to pit each time. I accidentally came across a roadie passing out upgrades before the first show in Chicago. Same guy was doing it at each show. He had a hundred+ upgrades each show. Not sneaking around, fully official. He upgraded my entire group of 6 once. Look around for someone passing out wrist bands in GA once you arrive. I was mad about the shows I actually paid for pit. But for St Louis this year I bought pit, not taking chances.

Are you the same Joe that gave me the head's up about this in the beer line at Chicago 2019 Night 2? My 3 friends and I all got "operational upgrades" thanks to you and we had the time of our lives! We still talk about that night to this day.

Posted by: Laminateman ()
Date: September 2, 2021 00:17

I'm super tempted to buy GA now. Does this happen around when doors open or a little later?

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: September 2, 2021 01:26

Even if you don't get the upgrade GA is the best bang for the buck in my opinion. I kind of wish I would have gone with GA.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 2, 2021 01:44

Anyone have an extra Lucky Dip for this show?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 2, 2021 01:48

Will there be any coronavirus safety measures at this show?
Looked at ticketmaster, and see no mask requirements, or proof of vaccination, or negative test protocols as is the case with L.A., Vegas, and others ...
Missouri is quite low on the list of vaccination percentages at #39 w/only 45% of population fully vaccinated...doesn't seem the best place to open a tour imo, but better than Texas or Florida I suppose.
Looks like lots of tix left for this show...face value pits, and face value tix in every price category...expect lots of free giveaways from a variety of outlets, radio stations, etc.

> Face value

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-02 01:51 by Hairball.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 2, 2021 02:11

TumblinDice76
Even if you don't get the upgrade GA is the best bang for the buck in my opinion. I kind of wish I would have gone with GA.

Must be from coming up at concerts in the seventies (at least for me),
Even when I get a decent seat, I would (almost) always rather be on the floor, even GA.
I suppose a seat on the floor near the B stage could change my mind real fast these days though winking smiley

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: September 2, 2021 02:26

Hi jon12345. Yup, same guy. I saw you got upgraded to Keith's side. Glad you enjoyed the show.

Date: September 2, 2021 03:32

Tickets for this show will sell. There are people in limbo just waiting to make sure the show will go on before purchasing the tickets.

It's a 5 hour drive from Chicago and in a central US location. As we get closer people will make the trek. With the show on Sunday people can travel Saturday, see the show on Sunday and travel back on Monday and only miss one day of work.

As many of us here have said it's probably the last US tour.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: September 2, 2021 06:17

I am now considering going to the St Louis show. Can anyone recommend a couple of the nicer hotels within walking distance of the stadium/arena please? Thanks in advance.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 2, 2021 17:00

Marriott, Magnolia are nice and close.

There's a Drury close, not bad, not as nice as a Marriott (there are multiple Drury Inn's downtown though, look for the one by the convention center).

Date: September 2, 2021 17:15

There are others too, close to a MetroLink station. I normally wouldn't recommend the MetroLink at night due to various crime issues, but I suspect it'll be fairly crowded so should be in good company.

The Hilton at our newly renovated Union Station would be nice, decent restaurants close including Lombardo's, a good representation of our Italian restaurants, in the Drury right behind Union Station. At least there's some stuff to do around there too.

There's also a new Loews by Ballpark Village which has food/entertainment options, and a Westin across the street.

Date: September 2, 2021 18:47

Thank you so much Kovach. To me, that is what this board is best at, helping other fans. I think I will stay at the Marriott St Louis Grand.

Like a lot of you probably, I am torn by wanting to see as many shows as possible while worried about COVID. I am fully vaccinated but still worry with Delta surging. Trying to balance my firm belief that this will be the last US tour so my last tour to see them, with trying to remain as safe as possible. Not easy decisions to make.

Date: September 3, 2021 00:57

Keefmick, I'm in the same boat. Fully vaxxed, but worried about COVID. Have old Tampa tickets from before the world changed. Considered braving the Florida COVID seas, but it just doesn't seem to get better there and no COVID policies for the show is terrifying. Even though I'm in my late 30s and vaxxed, I'm a cancer survivor with lingering lung issues from the chemo. Have Tampa GA and Lucky Dips that will now go to waste as my girlfriend and I just don't feel comfortable. She works at a dentist office. 3 of her co-workers took vacations to Florida in August and ALL THREE of them got caught COVID while they were down there and passed it to other members of their families when they returned.

I bought GA and Lucky Dips for Vegas though and we hope to go to the show still. They at least has some sort of COVID policy for the stadium and their case numbers aren't that bad. My main worry for Vegas is now spending money on plane tickets but then having the show postponed or cancelled and losing several hundred on the flights.

Now I'm considering going to St. Louis as I can drive down from Chicago, though GF couldn't take off Monday after so I'd be solo. Another thought is to go to Detroit if I still feel the need to do another show after Vegas and if the tour is still happening at that point. Can also drive from Chicago, and tickets aren't selling that well. Pits at face value and floor seats partially unsold. Just wish I could track down a returned Lucky Dip but that ship has sailed I think. Originally the Detroit show was on a Wednesday and was too complicated to take off basically an entire week of work. Now it's a Monday and much easier for our work schedules.

Date: September 3, 2021 02:03

Jon--with many airline tickets now, if you don't use them you get a credit for the value of the ticket for a year or more so hopefully that won't be an issue for you. Right now I am planning on Charlotte and Tampa and considering St. Louis because don't want to miss any special Charlie tribute for the first show. Although I feel the tribute will happen at all the shows this tour. I live in Florida so plan on the Tampa show for sure and it's not as crazy here as it sounds. I will be in the pit for all shows I attend and will likely double mask and stand in the back of the pit which generally has sufficient room. I guess if I get uncomfortable I can always leave but that seems unlikely once the Boys are on.

Date: September 3, 2021 02:28

Keefmick, going to respectfully disagree on Florida. Didn't Florida just set an all-time single day Death record for the entire pandemic? If I didn't have to fly and get a room at a public hotel, I'd be more inclined to risk it. Your plan to double mask and stay distanced a bit sounds good. It's the rest of the trip's exposures that worries me. Part of the deal with the girlfriend was to also do Disney while we were down there, but she doesn't feel comfortable doing that either. Nor does she think it would be very fun to be anxious about eating maskless at Disney. Half the fun for her is all the food and drink at the parks. Sorry if this is going off-topic. I'll keep it to St. Louis from now on.

Date: September 3, 2021 02:40

I am going to St. Louis and the rest of the shows except Austin I am still pondering that one.

We all have concerns about becoming ill but I think most of us here are going to use common sense for the shows. They'll probably come up with some sort of vax code prior to the show which is difficult to enforce but at least it will do more good than doing nothing.

I plan to wear a mask (and take extras), and hopefully some sanitizer in a small bottle.

The pit is the place people will be crammed together especially up front. I don't think these shows will be overcrowded like in the past. Many people just don't want to go anymore for whatever reason it's just not the same as 2 years ago.

Date: September 3, 2021 02:46

I am staying at the Marriott. My company has an account with Marriott I have stayed here several times. It's an easy walk to the stadium and should be safe walking back with all the crowd.

A few weeks ago I called the front desk the lady told me the hotel will be filled with people going to the concert.

keefmick
Thank you so much Kovach. To me, that is what this board is best at, helping other fans. I think I will stay at the Marriott St Louis Grand.

Like a lot of you probably, I am torn by wanting to see as many shows as possible while worried about COVID. I am fully vaccinated but still worry with Delta surging. Trying to balance my firm belief that this will be the last US tour so my last tour to see them, with trying to remain as safe as possible. Not easy decisions to make.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 3, 2021 02:54

jon12345
Keefmick, going to respectfully disagree on Florida. Didn't Florida just set an all-time single day Death record for the entire pandemic? If I didn't have to fly and get a room at a public hotel, I'd be more inclined to risk it. Your plan to double mask and stay distanced a bit sounds good. It's the rest of the trip's exposures that worries me. Part of the deal with the girlfriend was to also do Disney while we were down there, but she doesn't feel comfortable doing that either. Nor does she think it would be very fun to be anxious about eating maskless at Disney. Half the fun for her is all the food and drink at the parks. Sorry if this is going off-topic. I'll keep it to St. Louis from now on.

"Take Florida, where new COVID-19 cases began climbing in early July. Now, the average number of deaths per day in the state is higher than at any other point of the ongoing pandemic".

Corona-Florida

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 3, 2021 10:55

I looked into the Marriott while on Expedia and while it is fully refundable, it must be paid for immediately. If you can afford to pay for it up front, no problem I guess. You can cancel up to Sept 22nd for free.

Does anyone know anything about the Holiday Inn which also seems to be nearby? 811 N. 9th Street.

plexi

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: September 3, 2021 14:56

I’m going alone and have an extra lucky dip ticket. Feel free to email me @ Jdsam1994@gmail.com

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 3, 2021 15:03

timbernardis
I looked into the Marriott while on Expedia and while it is fully refundable, it must be paid for immediately. If you can afford to pay for it up front, no problem I guess. You can cancel up to Sept 22nd for free.

Does anyone know anything about the Holiday Inn which also seems to be nearby? 811 N. 9th Street.

plexi

Booking.com seems to have a "pay later" option for the Marriott, but the rate per night is higher. Free cancellation up to the night before check-in though. Granted I only searched for a one-night stay (the night of the show)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-03 15:10 by Topi.

Date: September 3, 2021 16:58

timbernardis

plexi

If I remember correctly it's on the west side of the convention center which is attached to the dome. Nothing wrong with it, a bit off on its own with not much nearby but if just needing a place to sleep, probably enough of a crowd heading there after and you'd be fine. Just don't expect to stop for food or drinks anywhere on the way, you'd probably be walking back on your own later which may be risky.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-03 18:37 by kovach.

Date: September 3, 2021 17:02

Thanks Topi and Kovach, those suggestions really help. Think I'll look into booking.com and maybe others as well.

plexi

Date: September 7, 2021 07:53

Need LD for St. Louie -- will buy or trade for an LD Pittsburgh

Just found out I am going to St. Louie and need a LD ticket. Will buy one if you have one.

Or, I also just found out my wife cannot go to Pittsburgh, so I've got an extra so can trade that for a LD in St. Louie.

tim_bernardis@hotmail.com

And BTW, got my accommodations all set -- I'm at the Marriott and since my wife cannot make this show either, I have a room with two double beds. That was what I had to do to get a decent rate as well as pay for it in advance (but fully refundable). Can share the space and split the cost. I've got the room for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

plexi

Posted by: IgotDbluez ()
Date: September 8, 2021 22:09

A poster on the Shidoobee Facebook page is looking for someone to share a room in St. Louis for one night (Saturday). She said she is going to just go to airport after the Sunday night show. I don’t know her, and my room already has 3 people in it….plus I’m only staying Sunday night. She said she is having trouble signing up on IORR, so I agreed to post this for her. I apologize if this isn’t allowed!

Her post:
Hey All!! After news of Charlie's passing I made an impromtu decision to go to opening night of tour in St. Louis. I will be flying there late morning on Saturday and am looking for another that would be open to finding/sharing(if you already have one) a hotel room for just Saturday night as I take off Early Monday am to return to DC. Totally open to reasonable options and prefer to stay near venue(anyone know how safe that area is?) Thanks so much and hope to hear from someone soon! Lori in DC watzup005@yahoo.com 202-361-9060

Posted by: IgotDbluez ()
Date: September 8, 2021 22:24

She is also in the market for a ticket in case someone has extra.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: September 8, 2021 22:33

Plenty of tickets available for St. Louis.

Date: September 9, 2021 09:43

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-09 10:55 by timbernardis.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 10, 2021 21:40

I bought a ticket this morning to the St. Louis show. Something in my gut tells me I need to be there for the first show of this tour. I’ll be going solo but the opportunity to have a floor seat right beside the end of the catwalk on the B side was something I just couldn’t pass up smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 10, 2021 22:48

BFR
I bought a ticket this morning to the St. Louis show. Something in my gut tells me I need to be there for the first show of this tour. I’ll be going solo but the opportunity to have a floor seat right beside the end of the catwalk on the B side was something I just couldn’t pass up smiling bouncing smiley

smileys with beer

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 16

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1763
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home