Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 16
Re: St. Louis, MO USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: August 13, 2021 19:36

Let it Rock, Sweet Little 16, Bye Bye Johnny have all been played in St. Louis.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-13 20:32 by TumblinDice76.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 14, 2021 00:03

Kinda OT, but any of you St Louis folks ever go to Vintage Vinyl in University City? My friend Papa Ray owns the place and its a great olde tyme record shop from what I understand. I have never had the chance to check it out. Papa Ray presents and emcees blues shows there locally and otherwise. The store reflects it. If you are from out of town with some hours to kill, I recommend it. If Tom Ray is around, hail him up from jb in cali.

jb

Date: August 14, 2021 00:32

I can see them making a statement like they did about Elvis in Memphis in 1978 annd play one of his numbers. I'd love to hear Roll Over Beethoven it is the one song of his they played before but not recently that I am aware of.

Send It To me
Can't remember them ever playing a Chuck tune in St. Louis, which is surprising. I was expecting him to be a guest in 1997. They did have Johnny Johnson sit in during the 1989 show for a blues number. Maybe now that Chuck's gone they'll bust out "Little Queenie" or something.

Date: August 14, 2021 00:58

Little Queenie was great in Chicago in '97. I don't think they are going to get quite that adventurous setlist wise this tour. 2015 was cool though, they did interesting stuff in KC, Columbus, and a few others.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 14, 2021 16:57

jbwelda
Kinda OT, but any of you St Louis folks ever go to Vintage Vinyl in University City? My friend Papa Ray owns the place and its a great olde tyme record shop from what I understand. I have never had the chance to check it out. Papa Ray presents and emcees blues shows there locally and otherwise. The store reflects it. If you are from out of town with some hours to kill, I recommend it. If Tom Ray is around, hail him up from jb in cali.

jb

Oh yeah, it's a regular stop, along with Blueberry Hill, anytime I'm near U City.

He used to have a good radio show on KDHX too, not sure if it's still on

Date: August 14, 2021 17:01

georgemcdonnell314
Sockers you should fly into STL - Lambert International.

There is a train you can take right to the arena area from the airport and there are plenty of hotels still available some within walking distance of the Dome.

Not sure if I'd ride that train at night unless there's a crowd. Lots of crime.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 20, 2021 08:40

Keith side pits available for 447 USD + fees.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 20, 2021 08:45

Topi
Keith side pits available for 447 USD + fees.

Funny...you can look at that as good news. OR, you can look at that as bad news.

Date: August 21, 2021 17:33

This isn't California, NY, or Chicago, those prices will have to drop dramatically before being sold.

I look every now and then to see what's left, and there's quite a bit in the lower bowl but the prices are all $300+. People in this area won't pay that.

Hopefully ticketmaster's dynamic pricing will start to recognize that and drop the prices to sell, though I wonder how many people will look once never to return...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 21, 2021 17:46

Kovach, I don't think pits will go lower than the face value (447) on Ticketmaster. The same goes for the best seats.

Resale market could end up having some sweet deals thanks to No Charlie and the Covid situation.

Date: August 21, 2021 18:24

Yes, very interesting to look at the ticket availability in St. Louis. Cheap seats all sold, the floor...holy smokes PLENTY of seats available. I'm kind of wish I would have went with back GA.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 25, 2021 21:33

If this tour still goes, going to try very hard to make this opener now.
Not sure I'll be able, but this will likely be the first opportunity to pay respect in person to Charlie, and I would like to be there for it.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 25, 2021 21:38

georgemcdonnell314
I can see them making a statement like they did about Elvis in Memphis in 1978 annd play one of his numbers. I'd love to hear Roll Over Beethoven it is the one song of his they played before but not recently that I am aware of.

Send It To me
Can't remember them ever playing a Chuck tune in St. Louis, which is surprising. I was expecting him to be a guest in 1997. They did have Johnny Johnson sit in during the 1989 show for a blues number. Maybe now that Chuck's gone they'll bust out "Little Queenie" or something.

ROB would be amazing, or a least a snippet. With the tribute to Charlie, not sure there's much emotional room left over for Chuck now, however. All around, will be a special night if it happens. Special and difficult.

Date: August 25, 2021 22:02

Kind of feel like a Chuck song is a bit irrelevant now. Being night #1, Charlie will be the focus of remembering.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: August 25, 2021 22:19

This show will have been strange enough anyway but now it will be surreal. So glad I will be there with the fans hopefully chanting CHARLIE all night

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: August 25, 2021 22:32

TM didn't change the band photo.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: August 25, 2021 23:32

Pit Tix available at face value now at Ticketmaster. I just got Keith’s side. $447+fees.

Posted by: Sodacityflyguy ()
Date: August 26, 2021 02:21

2120Joe
Pit Tix available at face value now at Ticketmaster. I just got Keith’s side. $447+fees.

I was back and forth on Pit or GA but somehow Section B Seat 1 by catwalk showed up at $447+ fees. So Igrabbed it instead since I Got Pits and LD for 6 other shows. This show is gonna be SURREAL.

Date: August 26, 2021 03:20

I will be in the pit for the show and the others except Austin.

Instead of a tour shirt I am going to wear a Charlie shirt. It is the right thing to do!

These tickets will sell out. People will come. Promoters will buy them up. Many know this may be the last time(no pun intended) to see Mick and Keith perform.

Something tells me the band will be like a three legged animal though. I don't know how else to say it.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 26, 2021 05:50

MisterDDDD
If this tour still goes, going to try very hard to make this opener now.
Not sure I'll be able, but this will likely be the first opportunity to pay respect in person to Charlie, and I would like to be there for it.

If you see this and have a minute, please give comments on [iorr.org]

Posted by: IgotDbluez ()
Date: August 27, 2021 19:38

I have Nashville tickets but now I’m thinking of driving up from Memphis to be there for the opener. Looks like plenty of tickets left. Just need to secure lodging, I suppose. Walking distance, hopefully.

Date: August 27, 2021 19:51

IgotDbluez
I have Nashville tickets but now I’m thinking of driving up from Memphis to be there for the opener. Looks like plenty of tickets left. Just need to secure lodging, I suppose. Walking distance, hopefully.

Have Nashville tix as well, and also added this opener to my itinerary.

Only close walking distance lodging I could find with "reasonable" (<$200) rates left was at The Hyatt by the arch.
Snagged a rear GA ticket, but hopeful another round (or returns) of LD's open up ideally.
Kinda like an addiction now. Need to perhaps check out an LDA (Lucky Dip Anonymous) meeting,

Booked the Hyatt, but if there are others people are aware of, please post.
smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-27 19:55 by MisterDDDD.

Date: August 28, 2021 19:35

Something tells me if I am in the pit with one other person for this concert it will be DDDD.

We seem to have the same approach towards all of the shows and are determined to be positive going forward.

MisterDDDD
IgotDbluez

Only close walking distance lodging I could find with "reasonable" (<$200) rates left was at The Hyatt by the arch.
Snagged a rear GA ticket, but hopeful another round (or returns) of LD's open up ideally.
Kinda like an addiction now. Need to perhaps check out an LDA (Lucky Dip Anonymous) meeting,

smileys with beer

Date: August 28, 2021 20:24

Looking forward it George..
May be a bit behind you on the floor, but if the band will be there, so will I.
thumbs up

Date: August 29, 2021 00:11

georgemcdonnell314
Something tells me if I am in the pit with one other person for this concert it will be DDDD.

We seem to have the same approach towards all of the shows and are determined to be positive going forward.

MisterDDDD
IgotDbluez

smileys with beer
[/quote

Hey MisterDDDD I have the Marriot by stadium at $150 may be able to get another to help out a fellow Stones fan. If need be

Date: August 29, 2021 02:32

Sodacityflyguy

Hey MisterDDDD I have the Marriot by stadium at $150 may be able to get another to help out a fellow Stones fan. If need be

Thank ya kindly..

That would be great!
Funny, I had booked the wrong weekend initially (thought the opener was the 20th, confusing it with the private show) and had the Marriot all set.

Email is not hidden.. smileys with beer

Date: August 29, 2021 05:56

MisterDDDD
Sodacityflyguy

Thank ya kindly..

That would be great!
Funny, I had booked the wrong weekend initially (thought the opener was the 20th, confusing it with the private show) and had the Marriot all set.

Email is not hidden.. smileys with beer

J420ski@aol.com hit me up so we can get this done...I'll be arriving into St Louis night before show..

Date: August 30, 2021 07:17

MisterDDDD
IgotDbluez

smileys with beer

Was looking at Drury Inn by the Arch but wasn’t sure what the walk back afterward would be, safety-wise. Ended up booking the Magnolia, full refund if something else comes my way. Might be 4 of us going so we can split it and maybe won’t be so bad. Thinking of the GA tix.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: August 30, 2021 15:09

I had GA Tix for 3 shows in 2019. I got an “operational upgrade” to pit each time. I accidentally came across a roadie passing out upgrades before the first show in Chicago. Same guy was doing it at each show. He had a hundred+ upgrades each show. Not sneaking around, fully official. He upgraded my entire group of 6 once. Look around for someone passing out wrist bands in GA once you arrive. I was mad about the shows I actually paid for pit. But for St Louis this year I bought pit, not taking chances.

Date: August 30, 2021 18:45

2120Joe
I had GA Tix for 3 shows in 2019. I got an “operational upgrade” to pit each time. I accidentally came across a roadie passing out upgrades before the first show in Chicago. Same guy was doing it at each show. He had a hundred+ upgrades each show. Not sneaking around, fully official. He upgraded my entire group of 6 once. Look around for someone passing out wrist bands in GA once you arrive. I was mad about the shows I actually paid for pit. But for St Louis this year I bought pit, not taking chances.

Just ordered GA tickets - hope this happens to us!
I’ve been a nervous wreck for days since I started pondering whether or not to go to this show. Now I can relax and wait for it! Whew!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 16

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home