Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 16
Re: St. Louis, MO USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 28, 2021 20:16

CBII-Stay safe on both accounts my friend.

Posted by: Rolling1 ()
Date: July 28, 2021 20:59

live in the St. Louis area, 2 nut case Democrats are attempting once again to force their power on society even when they get voted down by the county council. this will end up in the court system, Sam Page will lose. Maybe if the Mayor of St. Louis would worry about the murder rate instead of a virus, crime would stop. Sadly that's not in the Democrats agenda. [www.stltoday.com]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 28, 2021 21:13

Please delete, accidental post

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-28 21:15 by Topi.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: July 28, 2021 22:45

I think STL is the opener because it will be easy to cancel with high Covid numbers. I am not optimistic about this show at all.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: July 28, 2021 23:17

TumblinDice76

Thank you...

CBII

Date: July 29, 2021 02:25

I believe St Louis has restarted mandatory mask wearing, not sure how this policy can be or will be applied to a concert

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 29, 2021 03:24

St Louis is the opener because the stadium is no longer used for anything so they can load in early and do a run through.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 29, 2021 03:49

CBII
Let's just hope it isn't cancelled again. Covid-19 is RAGING in parts of Missouri right now.

Hoping for the best CBII , and I will be here in Southern California following the show on IORR along with many others- hoping for some live feeds and/or updates just like the good old days....
Speaking of RAGING, wondering if Rage Against the Machine has ever opened for the Stones - they did a crazy intense raucous version of Street Fighting Man quite a few years ago.

Date: July 29, 2021 04:10

There is still 2 months before the first show. A lot can change in two months. I see no need to panic or fret about things now.

I can see the band pushing the crowd back a few more feet from the stage and I can also see them eliminating the "B Stage" if things are bad.

Some of us like me have to wear a mask at work and it won't bother me a bit if I have to wear a mask to see my favorite band perform again.

Personally I think they are going to come out and nail it just to prove to everyone that they are still rolling.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: July 29, 2021 04:49

mizzoumonkeyman29
I believe St Louis has restarted mandatory mask wearing, not sure how this policy can be or will be applied to a concert

Actually they voted today to end it as their state is engulfed in the Delta variant.

Date: July 29, 2021 05:30

I plan on getting to St. Louis pretty early on the 26th so I would be happy to post pics of merch tents and such.

Date: July 29, 2021 05:48

We got a hotel about a 10 minute walk from the venue. It sure makes it easier to get out instead of parking and driving which I find can be a nightmare depending
on the venue.

Posted by: irishjohnnie ()
Date: August 1, 2021 08:56

Got tickets in Section 113 and a room at the Drury Inn. Super stoked for this one! Can someone recommend a great place for dinner before the show?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-01 09:49 by irishjohnnie.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: August 1, 2021 17:23

I hope the Stones play a Chuck song in his home town of St Lou. They are known for playing a few extra songs on opening night.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: August 1, 2021 17:47

TumblinDice76
More political excuses from a Trump troll. Give it a rest snowflake, and focus on the music.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 1, 2021 17:54

MisterO
I hope the Stones play a Chuck song in his home town of St Lou. They are known for playing a few extra songs on opening night.

smileys with beer

Date: August 1, 2021 18:26

I'd like to see this as well. Maybe they'll do a tribute to him this time around. I was surprised Chuck wasn't a guest in 1997 at the PPV. I'd much rather have had Chuck than Dave Matthews (barf)

MisterDDDD
MisterO

smileys with beer

Date: August 1, 2021 19:18

Roryg-um what? Telling another poster to be safe makes me a snowflake??? Wow, you sound like a wonderful person. And when/where did I ever mention politics? You have never met me and you have no idea what my political affiliatuon is.. I'll be waiting for you to point out my political posts tool. See, anyone can call others names from the safety of mommies basement. How about YOU stick to the music. I never mentioned politics once on here. YOU are the one who brought up politics, Maybe YOU need to take your own advice.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-01 20:48 by TumblinDice76.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 1, 2021 21:55

CBII
Let's just hope it isn't cancelled again. Covid-19 is RAGING in parts of Missouri right now.

True amongst the unvaccinated.

Vaccinated not hardly spreading at all and infected having much milder, if any, symptoms.

I don't ever see this changing as the vaccination rates have pretty much stalled. It might be the new normal.

Vaccinated people are essentially being asked to sacrifice for the unvaccinated who have had every oportunity. I don't know how long we should be asked to protect people against their own stupidity. The unvaccinated have weighed the risks, I don't know why the vaccinated need to cover for them. We'll be wearing masks forever at this rate.

Date: August 1, 2021 22:15

irishjohnnie
Got tickets in Section 113 and a room at the Drury Inn. Super stoked for this one! Can someone recommend a great place for dinner before the show?

What kind of food are you looking for, and what dress code (concert attire), and are you looking to walk or Uber it?

We're known for out Italian restaurants but I checked 2 good ones downtown and one is closed on Sundays, and the other closed until 2022, so you'd have to go to "The Hill" area for thst (a 10 minute ride). Zias, Gittos, Favazzas, Cunnettos all good options. Rigazzis has maybe the most varied menu around.

Our oldest microbrewery, Schlafly, is about a mile west of where your staying, it has good food and beer. Wouldn't walk there, while not necessarily dangerous, some sketchy areas along the way.

You have a whole host of restaurants and bars on nearby Washington Avenue between about 5th and 14th. Probably fine during the day but unfortunately a bit high crime rate at night so probably not a good post show option.

Date: August 1, 2021 23:41

TumblinDice76
Roryg-um what? Telling another poster to be safe makes me a snowflake??? Wow, you sound like a wonderful person. And when/where did I ever mention politics? You have never met me and you have no idea what my political affiliatuon is.. I'll be waiting for you to point out my political posts tool. See, anyone can call others names from the safety of mommies basement. How about YOU stick to the music. I never mentioned politics once on here. YOU are the one who brought up politics, Maybe YOU need to take your own advice.
My abject apologies, Tumblin, I was actually responding to the next post by Rolling1. Can't be in Mom's basement, though, she shuffled off her mortal coil 40 years ago.

Date: August 1, 2021 23:53

Roryg-were good. Just seeded totally odd you had an issue with my simple post. Just a reminder A) how easy it is to miss quote someone electronically B_ probably not a good idea to call people we don't know names. That said find me outside the Dome on the 26th we can share a beer and toast the Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-01 23:54 by TumblinDice76.

Date: August 2, 2021 01:07

Sounds like a most excellent plan

Date: August 2, 2021 17:12

I remember in 1997 walking back to the hotel after the concert. I was wasted. There was a police convention of some kind at the hotel and here I am staggering along right into a crowd of cops most of whom were in about the same condition as I was but it was still an awkward feeling.

Posted by: Rolling1 ()
Date: August 2, 2021 18:02

roryg
TumblinDice76
My abject apologies, Tumblin, I was actually responding to the next post by Rolling1. Can't be in Mom's basement, though, she shuffled off her mortal coil 40 years ago.

calling me a Trump Troll ? really, is that all the liberals do, name calling ? lets talk some facts, not make believe fear from the left! County council voted Sam Page (Democrat) down, fact, Lieutenant governor filed a lawsuit against Sam Page regarding his illegal mask mandate, will win in court, another fact. If the Mayor of St. Louis Tishaura Jones (Democrat) would be as concerned about the murder/crime rate in the city it would be a saver place to visit. Fact. But her agenda is defund the police, while the PA doesn't show up to court on a murder trail numerous times, he gets released because of her Dept! Democrats at work. Might want to tell the out of towners exactly how high our murder rate is, wouldn't walk solo from dome anywhere in the city. While were talking virus, CDC and the Press Sec have admitted there is no test that will detect the Delta variant. So how do they even know there is a variant? The CDC has also admitted the PCR tests were never accurate - they detect false positives! So let's keep using them until December. The new lockdowns are supposedly based on a new variant that CAN'T BE DETECTED BY A TEST. Amazing, people believe their crap. Why hasn't the FDA approved the vaccine, they have had many months ? Why did our government make all drug manufacturers exempt from any lawsuits if you die or get sick/ill from injection ? Why don't the Democrats want to form a committee with Republicans on exactly where this virus came from? Many in this country believe this was no accident, didn't just appear in a food mart/animal. When big brother starts telling you what to stick in your body we have a problem !

Date: August 2, 2021 18:15

Thanks for keeping a focus on the music instead of falsehoods (https://6abc.com/fda-pcr-test-recall-2021-delta-variant-covid-variants/10921489/) and the old "many people"/bandwagon stunt. Sheesh.

Date: August 2, 2021 20:12

georgemcdonnell314
I remember in 1997 walking back to the hotel after the concert. I was wasted. There was a police convention of some kind at the hotel and here I am staggering along right into a crowd of cops most of whom were in about the same condition as I was but it was still an awkward feeling.

I remember it being cold, maybe some snow, but my dumb wasted buddy decided to jump from his seats onto the floor. Couldn't find him after the show for a long time delaying everyone's ride home. Needless to say nobody was very happy with him (and it's not the first time he pulled a stunt like that and wasn't the last...we really don't talk anymore for those and other reasons).

But was a great show though I thought the sound was a little low and muffled; hoping 24 years later it'll be better! I've seen them 7 times since and I'm sure it will be!

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: August 10, 2021 03:38

Hi,

How many airports does St Louis have & which would be the best one to fly into?

Thanks, Sockers56

Date: August 10, 2021 05:25

Sockers you should fly into STL - Lambert International.

There is a train you can take right to the arena area from the airport and there are plenty of hotels still available some within walking distance of the Dome.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 13, 2021 17:21

Can't remember them ever playing a Chuck tune in St. Louis, which is surprising. I was expecting him to be a guest in 1997. They did have Johnny Johnson sit in during the 1989 show for a blues number. Maybe now that Chuck's gone they'll bust out "Little Queenie" or something.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-13 17:21 by Send It To me.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 16

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1865
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home