Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Cleveland, OH USA/CA 2020 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 6, 2020 20:41

Please post your comments, questions and info related the following Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 show and travel here:

CLEVELAND

Bjornulf

Re: Cleveland, OH USA/CA 2020 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 8, 2020 21:12

Why is no one posting here?? I am going to this gig partially to go the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame and partially cuz it falls in with a business trip I am making, with the latter being the dominant factor so I can get my travel costs paid for by my employer. Driving from Montana, thence to Chicago for a conference and to nearby Toledo Ohio for business.

Couldn't find much near the stade, got a 136/night including taxes. About 4 miles from the stade. La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cleveland - Airport North.

plexi

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: February 9, 2020 00:30

My hotel is walking distance from both the stadium and the R&R Hall. I saw my first Stones shows there in 75 and 78. I’m looking forward to the people from all over the world I’ll meet at RRHOF events and elsewhere .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-18 16:34 by rbk.

Posted by: brewcrew87 ()
Date: February 9, 2020 20:27

Old stadium was Torn down in 96. This is a completely new structure

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: February 9, 2020 20:53

timbernardis
Why is no one posting here?? I am going to this gig partially to go the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame and partially cuz it falls in with a business trip I am making, with the latter being the dominant factor so I can get my travel costs paid for by my employer. Driving from Montana, thence to Chicago for a conference and to nearby Toledo Ohio for business.

Couldn't find much near the stade, got a 136/night including taxes. About 4 miles from the stade. La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cleveland - Airport North.

plexi

this hotel is right next to a Train Station (Puritas)...it's a good choice. About 20-30 minute train-ride downtown.

R&R HOF is cool. Cleveland is cool.

East 4th Street is a "Pedestrian Street" and has pubs and restaurants (and the House of Blues is there....keep your eye out and maybe there will be a cool band there over the same weekend).

The area around "The Arcade" has some cool shops (and a great breakfast diner inside)

The area around west 6th to west 9th also has some cool bars & such.

spend some time walking around...spend some money too...the Heartland needs it!

enjoy!

Date: February 12, 2020 18:06

so I assume from what you are saying that East 4th St and West 6th to 9th are downtown near the stadium, not out near the airport where I am staying?

plexi

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 12, 2020 20:50

RBK, what Hotel is that? I know nothing about Cleveland and would love a few suggestions on affordable hotels. Thanks!

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 12, 2020 22:04

I got my tickets for Cleveland today. Thanks to all the info.

Ian

Posted by: dczuma ()
Date: February 13, 2020 03:18

TM Presale password?

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 13, 2020 08:08

'TM' I registered for the presale and joined The Stones fanclub as
everyone else did. As it turned out I was / may of been a few minutes late ..
(I had no idea? .. I did not know there was a deadline for registering for presale .. though I still think I beat the 11 am dead line yesterday?).

I used the code everyone else did ...

'She's a ..' well you know the rest ha. Thanks to everyone who assisted.
I wasn't blowing it off believe me .. I registered and was checking my inbox and spam folder on and off all day lol (and I spent hundreds on tickets for four seats).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-13 08:15 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Steve312 ()
Date: February 14, 2020 17:16

Anyone else getting defaulted to Detroit on TM for Cleveland Lucky Dip?

Date: February 14, 2020 17:44

timbernardis
so I assume from what you are saying that East 4th St and West 6th to 9th are downtown near the stadium, not out near the airport where I am staying?

plexi

correct...there's not much out where you are staying.

but the train ride is totally manageable to go in-and-out if you want

Date: February 14, 2020 17:48

mickschix
RBK, what Hotel is that? I know nothing about Cleveland and would love a few suggestions on affordable hotels. Thanks!

"affordable" is relative....and they've all jacked up the price for the Stones concert.

Holiday Inn Express Downtown is your best bet, if there are rooms.

Hilton Downtown...the Doubletree.

anything that is considered "downtown" (near the football Stadium or Progressive Field - baseball - Rocket Mortgage - basketball)....all of those are walking distance to R&R HOF and the football stadium.

the Quintana is best if you are staying by the airport (next to Puritas Train Station is why)

Otherwise, look for hotels near a train station...the train runs right downtown and is a great option.

Date: February 14, 2020 17:59

Thanks a lot, STICKYFINGERS101, I'll check out your suggested hotels. I booked one that's .08 miles from the stadium & Rock N Roll Hall of Fame....EXPENSIVE! I like the idea of walking not cabbing! I think I can do better on the hotel price so I'm calling the Holiday INN Express now. I hope everyone knows that the secret when booking a room is to NEVER SAY you're in town for the Stones...I say I'm there for a wedding!

Date: February 14, 2020 18:03

mickschix
Thanks a lot, STICKYFINGERS101, I'll check out your suggested hotels. I booked one that's .08 miles from the stadium & Rock N Roll Hall of Fame....EXPENSIVE! I like the idea of walking not cabbing! I think I can do better on the hotel price so I'm calling the Holiday INN Express now. I hope everyone knows that the secret when booking a room is to NEVER SAY you're in town for the Stones...I say I'm there for a wedding!

"funeral" works better...they feel bad for you.

...unless you believe in Karma, then stick w/ something positive!!

ha!

you are far better off walking/train than Cab....cabbing around any city ends up costing you more than paying for a better-located hotel room.

Cleveland is cool...see my reply to Plexi for some interesting areas to check out downtown.

keep your eye on the House of Blues...you might get a good show there over the same weekend (and maybe even a Stone dropping in to check it out!).

Date: February 14, 2020 18:09

Here's one more option for folks....I dunno if they have "Stones Prices" in place or not, but it's a good, clean option - shared/private rooms

[www.theclevelandhostel.com]

it's across the river from downtown (not walking distance)....it's close to the train (W.25 Ohio City stop)

right in front of a bus-stop, if memory serves.

there's some cool cafes etc. in this area.

Oh...I don't know if they are out in this area yet...but, rather than cabbing, Cleveland has FREE bikes and FREE those motorized-scooter things all around the downtown area...fun!

Date: February 14, 2020 20:38

STICKYFINGERS, YOU DA BOMB!! Thanks for your tips...yes, funeral would be better....weddings are more POSITIVE, as you said. I didn't know about the House of Blues..I will check that out. Have you been to Cleveland recently? You sound like you KNOW that town! I'd love to exchange info via email...I hate making travel plans! I really don't even LOVE stadium, shows buy hey, it's THE STONES! Not sure if we're flying in but it looks that way now because Amtrak is not convenient. Chat soon via mail?

Posted by: brewcrew87 ()
Date: February 15, 2020 12:33

That hotel by puritas is a dump. Lifelong Cleveland resident. I advise you to look elsewhere...

Date: February 15, 2020 17:54

mickschix
STICKYFINGERS, YOU DA BOMB!! Thanks for your tips...yes, funeral would be better....weddings are more POSITIVE, as you said. I didn't know about the House of Blues..I will check that out. Have you been to Cleveland recently? You sound like you KNOW that town! I'd love to exchange info via email...I hate making travel plans! I really don't even LOVE stadium, shows buy hey, it's THE STONES! Not sure if we're flying in but it looks that way now because Amtrak is not convenient. Chat soon via mail?

Yeah. I've been to Cleveland several times in the last few years (Go Browns!). It's a cool city, IMO.

I've never taken the Amtrak, but I think it stops right by the stadium. The problem w/ Amtrak overall is that it is generally slower than the bus (or the same) and costs as much as a plane (almost).

I recommend flying. The train station is right in the airport, so you can avoid cabs and the train system in Cleveland is pretty good - especially if you are staying downtown...takes about 40 minutes from the airport.

as per the Quintana and BrewCrew's post...I stayed there once and it was fine. I wouldn't have my honeymoon there, though. But, typical lower-cost hotel. No great digs, for sure and not much to do out there but a good option if you want something cheaper and close to a train-stop and the airport (ie. only in town for a day or two).

stay downtown, if you can get a reasonable rate.

if you wanna post your email here, I'll shoot you a message...I don't like to post my email publicly b/c I'm paranoid...haha!

Date: February 16, 2020 04:52

stickyfingers101
timbernardis

plexi

How late does it run, or does this depend on the day of the week?

plexi

Date: February 16, 2020 05:01

Don't know about saying it's for a funeral business would work well this far out from the show. Unless you can predict a death, or you are planning a hit yourself.

plexi

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: February 16, 2020 10:56

Hi.
As a first time visitor, R&R Hall of Fame is the must to visit I know.

Then I am thinking of going to Indians game @ Progressive Field on 18th, one day before the Stones show.
It is a June weekday night game against Baltimore, not a big game.
So I guess it is very easy to buy a ticket at stadium box office. Is it correct, locals ?

I don't need a good seat. I would like to feel american baseball atmosphere with relaxed feeling at upper stand seat.smiling smiley

Posted by: admorgan ()
Date: February 16, 2020 19:02

brewcrew87
That hotel by puritas is a dump. Lifelong Cleveland resident. I advise you to look elsewhere...

Well it gets 4 stars and decent reviews on tripadvisor, it you don't want to spend $500 to stay downtown what other options are there that are easily accessible without a car?

[www.tripadvisor.ca]

Posted by: barkeeper ()
Date: February 17, 2020 06:40

I flew in to see the R&R Hall of Fame last year and stayed at this hotel and it was fine! Have my room reserved here for the Stones. Easy to reach downtown on the light rail, and the station is just a walk through the parking lot from the hotel. Only $5.50 for a all day pass.

Date: February 17, 2020 06:41

Booked Hampton Inn Cleveland-Downtown. stickyfingers101 and brewcrew, what do u know about it?

$265 plus $47 a night taxes -- average, some nights are more expensive than others. Half a mile from both the stadium and R n R HOF. After sticky's comments about the downtown area, I decided I wanted to be there. Holiday Inn Express sold out. Drury Plaza Hotel Cleveland Downtown looks like it is a grand old hotel but also sold out.

Is the Hampton close to where the Indians play? Would love to go see a game as the fellow above noted.

My employer should be paying for my stay anyway as I am combining a leisure with a business trip. And I do have the backup near the airport as noted.

plexi

Date: February 17, 2020 22:20

timbernardis
Booked Hampton Inn Cleveland-Downtown. stickyfingers101 and brewcrew, what do u know about it?

$265 plus $47 a night taxes -- average, some nights are more expensive than others. Half a mile from both the stadium and R n R HOF. After sticky's comments about the downtown area, I decided I wanted to be there. Holiday Inn Express sold out. Drury Plaza Hotel Cleveland Downtown looks like it is a grand old hotel but also sold out.

Is the Hampton close to where the Indians play? Would love to go see a game as the fellow above noted.

My employer should be paying for my stay anyway as I am combining a leisure with a business trip. And I do have the backup near the airport as noted.

plexi

yes....this is very close to Progressive Field

yes...this location is where you'll wanna be.

staying downtown is a good call if this is your first/only time to Cleveland. Especially if you only have a day or two.

the Quintana is fine for what it is, but you'll appreciate being downtown and being able to walk out your door and go do stuff w/o the 20-30 minute train ride.

Date: February 17, 2020 22:23

timbernardis
stickyfingers101
timbernardis

plexi

How late does it run, or does this depend on the day of the week?

plexi

I think it depends on which line and which day of the week.....but I think the general rule is 4am to 2am (approx).

I've never had to take it at "odd" hours.

Date: February 17, 2020 22:26

a bigger nut
Hi.
As a first time visitor, R&R Hall of Fame is the must to visit I know.

Then I am thinking of going to Indians game @ Progressive Field on 18th, one day before the Stones show.
It is a June weekday night game against Baltimore, not a big game.
So I guess it is very easy to buy a ticket at stadium box office. Is it correct, locals ?

I don't need a good seat. I would like to feel american baseball atmosphere with relaxed feeling at upper stand seat.smiling smiley

middle of the week in June....you should be able to walk up to the door and get a ticket.

if they are playing NY or Boston, it might be a little harder b/c those are more popular teams....or Houston b/c people are gonna show up to boo those cheaters!

hahaha!

Anyway...point is, I doubt you will have a problem getting a ticket - esp. in the Upper Stands at this time of year.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: February 18, 2020 15:03

Thanks, stickyfingers.

My last visit to US is for Zipcode Milwaukee show, then I saw Cubs in Chicago. It was really fun.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: February 18, 2020 16:23

The White Sox are in town that weekend. I was considering catching a game and the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame. Lot's to do in Cleveland. Should be a great weekend!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1166
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home