Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Detroit MI USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: jstanek ()
Date: November 15, 2021 00:00

Vote is on

Worried about you
Wild horses
Sweet Virginia
Play with fire

[vote.rollingstones.com]

So the winner is obvioussad smiley

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: November 15, 2021 00:02

2 decades with the Rolling Stones: Michigan-bred Tim Ries salutes friend Charlie Watts

[www.freep.com]

Nice read from the Detroit Free Press

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 15, 2021 00:18

Looks like Ronnie and the gang took a private tour of the Motown Museum today. Check out Hitsville USA's Facebook page:

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-15 00:19 by tatters.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: November 15, 2021 00:21

jstanek
Vote is on

Worried about you
Wild horses
Sweet Virginia
Play with fire

[vote.rollingstones.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: WembleyWhammer ()
Date: November 15, 2021 00:39

jstanek
Vote is on

Worried about you
Wild horses
Sweet Virginia
Play with fire

[vote.rollingstones.com]

Worried about you cool smiley So hopefull they will play it! Can't remember when it was played the last time.

Date: November 15, 2021 00:50

I'd like to see Worried About You.

The others have been played recently but I don't remember this one being played for a while.

Plus with the Tattoo You reissue it would make good sense to help promote the album.

For those of you coming from the airport staying downtown there is a bus from the 3rd level door one that takes you right downtown. It takes an hour but for $2.00 it sure beat the $55.00 to $60.00 Uber. It was bus 261 I took and I got a nice tour of the suburbs.

The weather is crappy here. Rain/snow mix and in the upper 30's to low 40's.

The Detroit Brewery looks like a good meeting place. It is a few minute walk from Ford Field. I also found a good tequila spot on Woodward that has outdoor seating that is partially covered.

Posted by: jstanek ()
Date: November 15, 2021 01:15

If somebody wants to meet up today, I’m up to that.

Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: November 15, 2021 02:02

Hope they will play Sweet Virginia

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 15, 2021 04:41

Thought Nashville was it for me, but have managed to make last minute drive to Detroit, arrive tomorrow (show day).. Have a room but am looking to see if anyone needs a Lucky Dip partner?

Thanks

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: November 15, 2021 04:58

Worried About You got my vote... the only one of the cuts I haven't seen live.

Gonna be a great show, Ronnie and Co. touring Hitsville USA gives the show that familiar Motown vibe... I'm gonna go extra-selfish and hope for Ain't Too Proud to Beg, another one I've never seen 'em do.

Bringin' along my 18-yr old for her 3rd Stones gig, after Columbus 2015 and Philly in 2019.

This will be Stones show #50 for me! So glad I jumped on the Pit ticket for Minneapolis, 'cause 49 just wouldn't do!!

Safe travels and everyone enjoy the gig!!

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: November 15, 2021 05:01

WembleyWhammer
Does anybody know how warm/cold the temperature will be at Ford Field? I think it is an inside arena with a closed rooftop, but not sure how to dress yet. Last week I was at Little Caesars Arena next to Ford field and it was cold inside, so I had to wear a jacket. Does anybody know if there is a wardwrobe option at Ford Field?

Yes, it is an enclosed stadium. Not sure what you mean by wardrobe option. A little surprised Little Caesars was cold. I don't think Ford Field will be cold, but bring a jacket anyway!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 15, 2021 09:53

Voted for Worried About You

Rod

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 15, 2021 12:53

Sockers56
WembleyWhammer
Does anybody know how warm/cold the temperature will be at Ford Field? I think it is an inside arena with a closed rooftop, but not sure how to dress yet. Last week I was at Little Caesars Arena next to Ford field and it was cold inside, so I had to wear a jacket. Does anybody know if there is a wardwrobe option at Ford Field?

Yes, it is an enclosed stadium. Not sure what you mean by wardrobe option. A little surprised Little Caesars was cold. I don't think Ford Field will be cold, but bring a jacket anyway!

I assume they're asking if they should dress for cold weather whilst walking around downtown Detroit before the concert. The answer is yes. Temperature at showtime will be around 35 degrees.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: November 15, 2021 13:30

Detroit, the home of everything from Tamla Motown to House.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: November 15, 2021 14:16

Remember when this started back in st Louis....have a great concert tonight can't wait for the unknown song or songs

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 15, 2021 14:19

So maybe "She Was Hot" going off of Jagger's tweet, would love to hear that live!

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: November 15, 2021 15:42

The Shidoobee crowd are meeting at Bookies from 3.30pm if anyone wants to join smiling smiley

Voting for Worried About You but can't imagine anything other than Wild Horses winning

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 15, 2021 16:06

tatters
Sockers56
WembleyWhammer

I assume they're asking if they should dress for cold weather whilst walking around downtown Detroit before the concert. The answer is yes. Temperature at showtime will be around 35 degrees.

I assumed it was a British term for "coat check".
The answer is no.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 15, 2021 16:22

This thread is now closed. For show and live comments please use one of these thread:

Detroit show live updates - Monday 15-Nov-2021

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home