Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Detroit MI USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 11, 2021 03:54

swimtothemoon
Shott
Two tips for Detroit:

1) Motown Museum
2) Cliff Bells Jazz Club, close to Ford Field.

I agree the Motown museum is excellent. Unfortunately, I understand it’s
closed until sometime next year.

It is, as is 2120 S Michigan Ave. It was closed when I was last there too. Detroit does not like me. Will you be at the show STTM?

Date: November 11, 2021 04:18

I noticed the ticket sales picked up a bit since the border is now open.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: November 11, 2021 05:13

My daughter and I will probably be hitting the Hockeytown Cafe, always a fun hang-out, even for a Blue Jackets fan! Haha!!

A word of caution for those driving in... the Pistons have a home game at Little Caesars Arena on Monday night, also... it's right across I-75 from Ford Field and Comerica Park, so both crowds will be converging on the same parking facilities.

Perhaps a Detroit native can give further insights, but I was jammed up getting to parking years ago for the Aerosmith/Ki$$/Ted Nugent gig at Comerica, which had been rescheduled to a Sunday where the Lions were playing a preseason game at Ford Field. The show was moved back due to the freak blackout that hit the northeast US in August, 2003...

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 11, 2021 09:00

SomeTorontoGirl
swimtothemoon
Shott
Two tips for Detroit:

1) Motown Museum
2) Cliff Bells Jazz Club, close to Ford Field.

I agree the Motown museum is excellent. Unfortunately, I understand it’s
closed until sometime next year.

It is, as is 2120 S Michigan Ave. It was closed when I was last there too. Detroit does not like me. Will you be at the show STTM?

Yes STG, I will be at the show. How about you? I’m not sure why the Motown
museum is closed - maybe it has something to do with Covid? The rooms are small like Chess in Chicago. Both museums are amazing. In both Chess and Motown - those small rooms gave birth to so many iconic tunes which, in turn, launched so many iconic artists. Amazing when you are within those actual rooms…

Date: November 11, 2021 11:46

swimtothemoon

Yes STG, I will be at the show. How about you?

I was planning on it but may have to check into hospital for a case of Brain Cramp…why was I even thinking 2120 is in Detroit…? I’ve bloody been there! (If Doc
let’s me go, I’ll be there!)

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: November 11, 2021 11:52

I have been watching for Pit tickets for this show and was just now able to get them at face ($446 plus fee so total was $479 each) through Ticketmaster. Had to buy 2 but could only get them one at a time.

I’m excited to see this show! Will be show number 5 for me this year.

Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: November 11, 2021 17:55

Who knows what's the opening act ?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 11, 2021 18:05

jhrock83

Ayron Jones.

Posted by: shakedown ()
Date: November 11, 2021 19:22

Unfortunately I have to miss this show which would have my first of the tour.

I am sick with a chest cold and also cannot get the proper PCR test required to get back into Canada which in a totally backwards way has to be done herein Ontario within 72 hours of returning to have the results in time since I was only going to Detroit for the night. (it's complicated to explain but I have like one symptom of all the ones listed re. covid which is a cough, they will not give me a PCR test for travel) So I have one PITB ticket for sale on Keith's side at cost $479 US if anyone is interested.

Hopefully I will be better by later next week as I have single seat for the Hard Rock show

Date: November 11, 2021 19:42

shakedown

I am sick with a chest cold and also cannot get the proper PCR test required to get back into Canada…

If you’re feeling well enough to go, you can get a PCR test relatively easily. I’ve had to do it twice now. Get your test here before you leave, up to 72 hours before your return. If you are flying out of YYZ there is a testing office in the Viscount parking garage , they had results to me in less than 24 hours. If you”re driving, many Shoppers Drug Marts do testing - book your PCR test on line thru Life Labs, print your requisition form and take it in. You’ll likely need an appointment, you might consider booking an appointment now as I had trouble getting a convenient time for my first one. Had results from them in around 24 hours. Good luck and feel better.

Posted by: Megzandbacon08 ()
Date: November 11, 2021 20:02

Looking for Detroit lucky dip tickets or PIT. Ideally 2!
Let me know!
Email:

Megansteinmetz@kw.com

Posted by: LuvtheJag43 ()
Date: November 12, 2021 01:04

I can't wait for Detroit!! I am looking for 2 LDs for Detroit. Let me know via email at jaggerfan43@gmail.com. I have never been to Detroit, only to the airport. I am staying at Hilton Garden Inn downtown. We like to explore, are there any bus or trolley tours? I prefer the ones where you can Hop On and Off at your leisure. What about walking, is it a safe area to walk from Ford Field after show? Any areas that are not so safe, to walk around? This will be my 22nd Stones show!! Have a great time for anybody going to see The Stones in Detroit!!

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: November 12, 2021 05:32

TKinOH
My daughter and I will probably be hitting the Hockeytown Cafe, always a fun hang-out, even for a Blue Jackets fan! Haha!!

A word of caution for those driving in... the Pistons have a home game at Little Caesars Arena on Monday night, also... it's right across I-75 from Ford Field and Comerica Park, so both crowds will be converging on the same parking facilities.

Perhaps a Detroit native can give further insights, but I was jammed up getting to parking years ago for the Aerosmith/Ki$$/Ted Nugent gig at Comerica, which had been rescheduled to a Sunday where the Lions were playing a preseason game at Ford Field. The show was moved back due to the freak blackout that hit the northeast US in August, 2003...

I suggested this earlier but if parking in the immediate area is going to be an issue I would consider parking for free at Nemo's and taking their shuttle to the show if they're running it.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: November 12, 2021 06:02

SomeTorontoGirl
shakedown

I am sick with a chest cold and also cannot get the proper PCR test required to get back into Canada…

If you’re feeling well enough to go, you can get a PCR test relatively easily. I’ve had to do it twice now. Get your test here before you leave, up to 72 hours before your return. If you are flying out of YYZ there is a testing office in the Viscount parking garage , they had results to me in less than 24 hours. If you”re driving, many Shoppers Drug Marts do testing - book your PCR test on line thru Life Labs, print your requisition form and take it in. You’ll likely need an appointment, you might consider booking an appointment now as I had trouble getting a convenient time for my first one. Had results from them in around 24 hours. Good luck and feel better.

Very difficult to book through Life Labs if you're driving, all of the online forms ask for flight info. Such a mess. This is the only thing holding me up from going to this show.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: November 13, 2021 03:27

LuvtheJag43
I can't wait for Detroit!! I am looking for 2 LDs for Detroit. Let me know via email at jaggerfan43@gmail.com. I have never been to Detroit, only to the airport. I am staying at Hilton Garden Inn downtown. We like to explore, are there any bus or trolley tours? I prefer the ones where you can Hop On and Off at your leisure. What about walking, is it a safe area to walk from Ford Field after show? Any areas that are not so safe, to walk around? This will be my 22nd Stones show!! Have a great time for anybody going to see The Stones in Detroit!!

Stay around downtown & you should be fine. Detroit has cleaned up quite a bit the last few years. I live in Lansing just about 1.5 hours from Detroit. There is the People Mover which I think is free which will take you around the city. Your best bet is to google things to do in Detroit. Greektown is always great to check out.

Posted by: jstanek ()
Date: November 13, 2021 11:18

So I finally arrived yesterday and staying in a hotel near to the airport for the first night…still have a little bit jet lag smiling smiley… but anyway..I’m moving to the Downtown today, so if anybody would like to join to grab a beer or visit some places I’ll be pleased - supposed to come with my father, but he couldn’t make it thanks to his work schedule :/

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: November 13, 2021 17:12

The Detroit Institute of Art has a world class collection. It's on Woodward not even a mile north of Ford Field and accessible by the Green Line a free (or inexpensive) train that runs up Woodward to Grand River and back. The Green Line could also be helpful for those wishing to park a bit further away and pay less. Parking in Detroit is highway robbery. Expect to pay between $25 and $70 depending on proximity.

Doors open at 5:30pm and several eating and drinking establishments within Ford Field are having specials. Hockeytown is fun but it's overpriced for what you get and the often understaffed and ill-prepared for big events.

Date: November 13, 2021 18:47

Guys from the crew are apparently staying in Westin downtown smiling smiley

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: November 13, 2021 18:50

Just got an email from Ford Field.

Please note: Guests with Floor Tickets must enter the stadium at Gate C to receive a Floor wristband.

Other details here:

[www.fordfield.com]

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: November 13, 2021 19:55

pit-gate-d[www.fordfield.com]

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: November 13, 2021 20:28

Anybody get their Lucky Dip email yet?

Posted by: WembleyWhammer ()
Date: November 13, 2021 20:36

Does anybody know how warm/cold the temperature will be at Ford Field? I think it is an inside arena with a closed rooftop, but not sure how to dress yet. Last week I was at Little Caesars Arena next to Ford field and it was cold inside, so I had to wear a jacket. Does anybody know if there is a wardwrobe option at Ford Field?

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: November 13, 2021 21:05

erikjjf
jhrock83

Ayron Jones.

Ford Field email says GHOST HOUNDS

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 13, 2021 22:04

Re: Detroit - Advice needed! Where to sit on a budget?
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 14, 2021 07:56

Dan
I notice at a lot of shows the side limited view isn't really that bad.

I see on a lot of YouTube videos from the side that the views ARE terrible. You can’t see Steve J or the horns hidden behind one of the video towers and then the canopies over the band further restricts views. Terrible

Rod

Date: November 14, 2021 11:05

Stage is being built - photos from yesterday

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-14 11:07 by jstanek.

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: November 14, 2021 17:24

Where is the song vote and lithograph?

Date: November 14, 2021 17:56

Shott

Maybe there won’t be any if they will do the dancing in the street thing with Martha

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 14, 2021 18:01

Shott

Song vote hasn't been posted yet.

Event litho and merch are posted day of show

Re: Detroit - Advice needed! Where to sit on a budget?
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 14, 2021 19:36

bitusa2012
Dan
I notice at a lot of shows the side limited view isn't really that bad.

I see on a lot of YouTube videos from the side that the views ARE terrible. You can’t see Steve J or the horns hidden behind one of the video towers and then the canopies over the band further restricts views. Terrible

It depends what you want to see. Just been checking my pictures from my "limited view" seat in Cardiff 2018: could only watch one of the four screens, and no, I couldn't see the horns. But I could see both Charlie and Daryl J, and if you are not way up in the nosebleeds the canopy is not a problem. The compensation is that you do get a great close-up side on view of the rest of the band. I preferred it to the more expensive "unlimited" view at Twickenham: fine view of the screens and all of the band, but from much further away.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1618
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home