Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Detroit MI USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: November 3, 2021 23:24

Pit 1 now available again at face value.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: jstanek ()
Date: November 4, 2021 01:20

scored for that one smiling smiley

just trying to figure out where I will stay... coming from the Czech republic

Date: November 4, 2021 01:49

I prefer Keith's side.

I have been on both sides of the walkway and there is a camera on Ronnie's side that is constantly blocking the view if you are up close.

Date: November 4, 2021 14:22

Can someone recommend some good places to stay? everything is almost sold out :/

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: November 5, 2021 00:40

jstanek
Can someone recommend some good places to stay? everything is almost sold out :/

Looks like your best bet for something reasonably priced might be Hotel Saint Regis. It's about a 10 minute drive from Ford Field so you would need a taxi which may be an issue. This hotel is considerably better than others in the same price range and it appears to have rooms left.

Something to consider is finding out if Nemo's is running a shuttle to the concert. They do this for Tiger and Lion games. It's a great, convenient and inexpensive service. If taxis are hard to find after the show you could go spend some time at one of Detroit's great, old bars and then get a taxi when things calm down.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-05 00:41 by downagain.

Date: November 5, 2021 00:45

jstanek

This also looks decent.

Posted by: FloridaStoner ()
Date: November 6, 2021 04:31

Anyone with LD Detroit want to swap for Austin LD?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 6, 2021 09:16

FloridaStoner
Anyone with LD Detroit want to swap for Austin LD?

I need my LD pair for Detroit but if you don't find anyone for trading I would be Interested in your Austin LD. You can write me a Mail

Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: November 6, 2021 19:34

Anyone from the Detroit area recommend courtyard marriot or fort pontchatrain by wyndham? Close too stadium,good area etc?

Posted by: panthercougar ()
Date: November 6, 2021 22:45

mitchrambler
Anyone from the Detroit area recommend courtyard marriot or fort pontchatrain by wyndham? Close too stadium,good area etc?

Those are both in good areas as far as safety, etc goes. If you’re walking the Courtyard will be a quicker trek to the stadium.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: November 7, 2021 04:02

jstanek

Hi,

Not sure how close you want to get to the stadium, but the Comfort Inn on Wick Rd In Romulus (near the airport) is a good choice. Very reasonable in price. However it's about 23 minutes from the stadium.

Sockers56

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 7, 2021 07:30

Martha Reeves in Detroit?

[www.detroitnews.com]

Date: November 7, 2021 16:48

downagain
jstanek

Looks like your best bet for something reasonably priced might be Hotel Saint Regis. It's about a 10 minute drive from Ford Field so you would need a taxi which may be an issue. This hotel is considerably better than others in the same price range and it appears to have rooms left.

Something to consider is finding out if Nemo's is running a shuttle to the concert. They do this for Tiger and Lion games. It's a great, convenient and inexpensive service. If taxis are hard to find after the show you could go spend some time at one of Detroit's great, old bars and then get a taxi when things calm down.

Ohh....thank you smiling smiley Saint Regis looks excellent!

I'm ok with walking as well. I'm just 31 yrs old, so it shouldn't be problem at all. Could you give some tips for a good bar in downtown/ford field perimeter?

Thanks again winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-07 16:49 by jstanek.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: November 7, 2021 18:53

jstanek

Could you give some tips for a good bar in downtown/ford field perimeter?

[mootzpizzeria.com] Order the Beast of Burden Pizza!

Posted by: Djuro ()
Date: November 7, 2021 19:23

Jstanek, if on a budget, hosteldetroit is available on 14-16th.

Posted by: grandmeaulne ()
Date: November 8, 2021 08:22

Hey all

I will be travelling to Detroit from Montreal, Quebec. We will stay in Windsor thrn drive to Ford Field the day of the show

We have pit tickets. And i could use a tip: how early do i hace to arrive at the gate if i want to be real close to the stage?

Re: Detroit MI USA/CA 2020 - Stones travel and show info
Date: November 8, 2021 21:48

WembleyWhammer
Sockers56
Hi, I live in Lansing. Go to Hotels.Com & enter Ford Field, Detroit in the search box. It brings up a number of hotels within walking distance. I just checked & there are a couple with decent prices.

Hi, are u driving back to Lansing after the show? I am comin from Flint, not sure about yet...

Probably will drive back, but not 100% sure.

Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: November 9, 2021 00:32

Have the stones played ford field before?and if so wondering how the sound is for concerts,I know they have the best of the best audio sound techs but sometimes indoors can be iffy

Date: November 9, 2021 01:44

jstanek

I'm ok with walking as well. I'm just 31 yrs old, so it shouldn't be problem at all. Could you give some tips for a good bar in downtown/ford field perimeter?

There's a ton of places to explore within walking distance. I'd just check out This Map and see what strikes your fancy. If you want something really close the Elwood is good but I'd just take a stroll and see what looks good to you.

Date: November 9, 2021 01:47

mitchrambler
Have the stones played ford field before?and if so wondering how the sound is for concerts,I know they have the best of the best audio sound techs but sometimes indoors can be iffy

I saw them there in 2002. I was on the floor, probably half way back and was happy with the sound. I remember Keith's guitar feeling like it was hitting me like rolling thunder.

Here are reviews from the show in 2002.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-09 01:50 by downagain.

Date: November 9, 2021 05:26

They played in 2002 for the Licks tour. I would predict the sound should be just fine.

Date: November 9, 2021 05:37

jstanek
downagain
jstanek

Hockeytown is a good sport's bar, though it will be packed!

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: November 9, 2021 05:56

Check out the Motown museum.

Re: Detroit MI USA/CA 2020 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: WembleyWhammer ()
Date: November 9, 2021 06:01

Sockers56
WembleyWhammer
Sockers56
Hi, I live in Lansing. Go to Hotels.Com & enter Ford Field, Detroit in the search box. It brings up a number of hotels within walking distance. I just checked & there are a couple with decent prices.

Hi, are u driving back to Lansing after the show? I am comin from Flint, not sure about yet...

Probably will drive back, but not 100% sure.

A friend of mine and me are not sure if we rent a car or travel by bus there. But maybe we can drive together, sharing costs? You can email me here: WembleyWhammer@gmx.de

Best from Flint! smiling smiley

Posted by: WembleyWhammer ()
Date: November 9, 2021 06:42

Topic AirBnB: A feew weeks ago, I've been at Detroit in an AirBnB, called "Goodbye Blue Detroit art / sleep stop" for one night. I can only recommend it, but you need an Uber from Ford Field to it (about 5-10 minutes). Especially for music fans it is the right place. The place is no luxus, but shows art and tells (music)-stories with impressive music-history. (Clean + friendly place)!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 10, 2021 01:27

We are pleased to announce Ayron Jones will be opening for the @RollingStones on November 15 at Ford Field.

[www.fordfield.com]

[twitter.com]

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: November 10, 2021 02:26

I saw them in Houston a month ago and know the tour manager - very good new Up and coming artist with rock billboard chart hits but couldn't tour due to Covid. Ayron is the artist - band is just a backing band but they are good also. Rock and roll.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: November 10, 2021 23:55

Two tips for Detroit:

1) Motown Museum
2) Cliff Bells Jazz Club, close to Ford Field.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 11, 2021 00:36

Shott
Two tips for Detroit:

1) Motown Museum

I agree the Motown museum is excellent. Unfortunately, I understand it’s
closed until sometime next year.

Date: November 11, 2021 03:37

I have been to the Motown museum it is worth going to.

Shame it's closed.

Maybe we'll get an unexpected cover.

swimtothemoon
Shott
Two tips for Detroit:

1) Motown Museum

I agree the Motown museum is excellent. Unfortunately, I understand it’s
closed until sometime next year.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1523
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home