Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Buffalo, NY USA/CA 2020 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 15, 2020 00:56

...finally. I think Robert Shaw has landed sharks more easily than landing these tickets. eye popping smiley

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: February 15, 2020 04:33

Thinking of driving to Buffalo again but taking the misses & 8 year old. Anyone local know of a few thinks for a 9 year old to do there. I don’t have a ticket yet but will look later. I met up with some buffalo folks from iorr the last time. I’m the Irish guy from Belfast that lives in Delaware. You all though I looked I like Dennis hoper. anyhoo

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: February 15, 2020 04:42

Niagara Falls is always something to see...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 15, 2020 06:59

So what is the reason behind there not being any Lucky Dips for Buffalo? Some state law issue?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 15, 2020 09:38

SomeTorontoGirl
...finally. I think Robert Shaw has landed sharks more easily than landing these tickets. eye popping smiley

Are you driving down for the show?

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 15, 2020 10:39

The Sicilian
SomeTorontoGirl

Are you driving down for the show?

Yes, a nice, easy day trip from home.

Date: February 15, 2020 16:05

Thanks. That’s perfect

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: February 15, 2020 16:59

Vivid Seats (were I have previously bought concert tickets in the past and never had an issue) has a bunch of under $100.00 nose bleed seats (10% off special) for the Buffalo show. My question: if I purchased tickets for section 332 or 313, would these be essentially obstructed or limited view seating?

[www.vividseats.com]

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: February 15, 2020 17:19

I’d hang fire, if the show doesn’t sell well they’ll add Lucky Dips.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: February 15, 2020 17:53

Topi
So what is the reason behind there not being any Lucky Dips for Buffalo? Some state law issue?

Yes, the same reason they didn’t in 2015. It’s some NYS ticket law.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: February 19, 2020 20:28

Things to do with an 8 year old in Buffalo. A bit depends on what your 8 yr old is into. If you don't have passports for all, you'll have to stay on the US side, where there is:

Niagara Falls (on the US side the Cave of the Winds or Maid Of The Mist ride can be quite an experience for an 8 yr old),

Buffalo Zoo (small, but that can be a good thing if an 8 yr old is walking),

Explore & More Children's Museum at Canalside (just opened in the last year), also at Canalside an 1800's carousel that is being rebuilt and should be open by Summer, recreational boating (also around Canalside) in boats powered by pedaling to kayaks and small sailboats

Fort Niagara: 1700s French fort just north of Niagara Falls where the Niagara River meets Lake Ontario. French lost it to the British, who then lost it to America, who then used it to attack Canada, and thankfully war-free since 1814 when the US discovered that Canadians are cool people who like a beer as much as we do

Fantasy Island - small, old amusement park geared to those who are maybe 11 and under. No wild roller coasters or scarier rides. Def not trying to compete with a Six Flags or Disneyworld in size, scope or technology. Small and easy to get around, rarely a long line for anything.

I would add our main art museum, Albright Knox, which houses a world-class collection of modern art and going back into the impressionists. It is closed as it's in the early stages of a massive construction project and won't re-open for 2 years.

If you have passports for all, the Canadian side has many attractions from a great Butterfly Conservatory, to zip lining and easy hiking on that side of the Falls. Pre 9/11 no passports were needed to go back and forth across the border and we could pop across one of the bridges to Canada for lunch or dinner or golf or just a bike ride, without hassles/delays at customs. Two countries with one easy to cross border, but not anymore. Expect delays of 15-30 minutes most days. Holidays and weekends come with longer delays unless you pick an off-hour to cross.

Date: February 20, 2020 02:54

Thanks Buffalo7478. That’s perfect

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: February 20, 2020 06:39

buffalo7478
Things to do with an 8 year old in Buffalo. A bit depends on what your 8 yr old is into. If you don't have passports for all, you'll have to stay on the US side, where there is:

Niagara Falls (on the US side the Cave of the Winds or Maid Of The Mist ride can be quite an experience for an 8 yr old),

Buffalo Zoo (small, but that can be a good thing if an 8 yr old is walking),

Explore & More Children's Museum at Canalside (just opened in the last year), also at Canalside an 1800's carousel that is being rebuilt and should be open by Summer, recreational boating (also around Canalside) in boats powered by pedaling to kayaks and small sailboats

Fort Niagara: 1700s French fort just north of Niagara Falls where the Niagara River meets Lake Ontario. French lost it to the British, who then lost it to America, who then used it to attack Canada, and thankfully war-free since 1814 when the US discovered that Canadians are cool people who like a beer as much as we do

Fantasy Island - small, old amusement park geared to those who are maybe 11 and under. No wild roller coasters or scarier rides. Def not trying to compete with a Six Flags or Disneyworld in size, scope or technology. Small and easy to get around, rarely a long line for anything.

I would add our main art museum, Albright Knox, which houses a world-class collection of modern art and going back into the impressionists. It is closed as it's in the early stages of a massive construction project and won't re-open for 2 years.

If you have passports for all, the Canadian side has many attractions from a great Butterfly Conservatory, to zip lining and easy hiking on that side of the Falls. Pre 9/11 no passports were needed to go back and forth across the border and we could pop across one of the bridges to Canada for lunch or dinner or golf or just a bike ride, without hassles/delays at customs. Two countries with one easy to cross border, but not anymore. Expect delays of 15-30 minutes most days. Holidays and weekends come with longer delays unless you pick an off-hour to cross.

All great ideas but unfortunately it was just announced today that Fantasy Island has closed up.

The Buffalo Museum of Science is also great for kids.

Date: February 20, 2020 23:46

Thanks for sharing all the information on Buffalo. I will get a ticket for the show & the wife & Kid can do a few things. I appreciate it.

Date: February 21, 2020 02:11

Donnebr
Thanks for sharing all the information on Buffalo. I will get a ticket for the show & the wife & Kid can do a few things. I appreciate it.

Take the kid to the show. He will win an award at school next Fall when he does his presentation: What I Did I MY Summer Vacation

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 21, 2020 02:35

.....esp if he grows a beard like Chuck

ROCKMAN

Date: February 21, 2020 04:01

He is 8 & has seen Willie Nelson, Van Morrison, Peter Wolf, The Who & The Rolling Stones. He said “Sponge Bob bears em all”. Leaving him with his Mum that day. Oh I haven’t even got myself a ticket yet. Lol

Date: February 22, 2020 17:44

I jumped and bought 2 in the first row of the upper deck for $163 each. Of course after 'service' fees they became $195 each. The stadium is so spread out (I was a season ticket holder for football for over 25 years) that unless you are on the first half of the floor you are likely watching most of the show on video. At least I know with being in the first row, no one will be standing in from of me, trying to record the whole show on his phone, shaky, wobbly and grainy from 300 feet from the stage, talking the entire time. (Exactly what happened for a Beck, Cage The Elephant, Spoon and Sunflower Bean show last Summer...thankfully he finally stopped it during Beck...and left us to wonder if he and his friend ever watched the video and listened to his non-stop commentary over the music for 2 hours...I am all for a good bootleg recording but this was not one of them)

Date: February 23, 2020 03:30

Looking one ticket for Buffalo. Those that know the stadium can you recommend a section to aim for. Can’t spring for pit but around the $200 mark or do you think I am better to wait to closer to the time. Thanks

Date: February 27, 2020 22:30

Date: February 28, 2020 03:10

Donnebr
Looking one ticket for Buffalo. Those that know the stadium can you recommend a section to aim for. Can’t spring for pit but around the $200 mark or do you think I am better to wait to closer to the time. Thanks

The waiting is the hardest part. But that might be your best option. In 2015, I scored a pair of $325 tickets (each) for $100 each a couple hours before the show.

Date: February 28, 2020 17:33

Thanks Sicilian. Was that through a ticket master site or from someone at the stadium

Date: February 29, 2020 08:10

Donnebr
Thanks Sicilian. Was that through a ticket master site or from someone at the stadium

Whoever was selling tickets at the time, I don't remember if it was Ticket Master or Live Nation. What I do know is that you have to act fast and don't think much about it. If you're slow off the mark you'll be wandering the grounds paying scalpers which might even be a better option at a stadium show.

I would also advise you to have a legible seating chart with you to access fast so you can make a decision quickly. By then you probably already set your price budget. People often make a mistake of not knowing where you're buying a seat when tickets suddenly appear either online or in person. This way if you're buying from a scalper at the stadium and a few people gather you can snap them up fast.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-29 08:20 by The Sicilian.

Date: March 1, 2020 23:24

In 2015, a friend that went along with us to the stadium did some walking around 1 hour before the show and got a great seat for $40. If you only need a single, there are seats available for any arena or stadium show just before showtime.

Because this is a big 1970s era stadium it is spread out. I've been seeing shows there since the 70s, and have season tix for Bills games. IMO, for a modern, high-tech audio-visual stadium concert, unless you are close enough to see the band clearly (their faces and expressions), you might as well be far enough away to at least see the whole band, whole video and get full, balanced sound. The vast majority of the people in the stadium will not be able to see the band's faces and expressions without seeing them on video or by using binoculars.

The sound in 2015 was outstanding even though I sat at essentially the opposite 35 yard line from the stage, 30 rows up from the field. Loud, clear, and balanced. The only places I heard of that had sound or viewing issues were the side of the stage (very loud and unbalanced, unable to see most of the band unless they came to the front), or beyond the speaker towers at the far end of the stadium (deafening high end, muffled low end).

This stadium's capacity was 80,020 in 1975. Adding in luxury suites and making the 200 level more roomy and replacing benches with individual seats lowered capacity to 70,000. For this concert the listed capacity is 55,000 but it is still an expansive stadium. If you are not on the floor (Pit, B, C or D) or maybe in the lowest parts of 111-112 or 133-134 your best view will be via video, IMO. It's a stadium show, it will be a party, get in the door and have fun.

Hopefully find a single for very cheap day of show. Get there hours early and tailgate - you will find thousands of others enjoying a Saturday afternoon with food, music and beer. Someone will have one. Someone always has one.

Date: March 2, 2020 02:50

Thanks for all the info. I met a bunch of locals from iorr at the last show. Hopefully we will meet again

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1364
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home