Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Dallas TX USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 6, 2020 20:37

Please post your comments, questions and info related the following Rolling Stones No Filter USA Tour 2021 show and travel here:

DALLAS

Dallas Song Vote

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-01 16:38 by bv.

Re: Dallas TX USA/CA 2020 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: followyoudown ()
Date: February 6, 2020 22:34

Can't wait for this one! Saw the boys there in 1975 after they got out of going to jail in Arkansas. What a great show it was. Still vivid in my mindsmiling smiley

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: February 7, 2020 06:22

Is there a seating chart on how the Cotton Bowl will be set up. The stadium has been redone and 25,000 more seats added since they last played there in 1994. Would like to see it so I can check out tickets as they pop up.

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: February 7, 2020 18:09

751st
Is there a seating chart on how the Cotton Bowl will be set up. The stadium has been redone and 25,000 more seats added since they last played there in 1994. Would like to see it so I can check out tickets as they pop up.
Its not up yet..

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: February 8, 2020 19:45

Dallas Cotton Bowl Seat Map

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 10, 2020 03:01

Thinking about it.

Date: February 10, 2020 07:55

This is where I saw the Stones for the first time--Halloween 1981. I later met Bill Wyman briefly in the lobby of a hotel in France. He remembered the rain that day.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Date: February 11, 2020 06:00

That’s probably the most talked about show of their history of playing the D/FW area because of performing in horrid Texas Flood conditions throughout it all. Ronnie mentioned it in a paperback book he did about 20 plus years ago. All those fantastic Halloween costumes washed away in the Texas Flood. My favorite memory was after the concert I waited under the deck for the rain to stop watching about 50 yards of field cover in a tarp being used by young adults acting and playing like kids on a gigantic super slide over ballet music from the stadium PA.

Date: February 11, 2020 17:12

I was at that one too.Halloween. Water literally up to ankles. Never forget Mick rolling in the water on stage.They also played the next day on a Sunday afternoon. Gorgeous that day.

Date: February 13, 2020 22:31

Have seen the Stones 3 times at the Cotton Bowl twice in 81 and once I think 96 for voodoo lounge.

Was 16 the first shows and had a driver for the last one.

Looks like it will be pretty hard to get an uber or a ride out of there and nothing is close at all.

Any word if any hotels will offer a shuttle service there and back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-13 22:33 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: February 13, 2020 23:57

Pit 2

Posted by: sbryant89 ()
Date: February 14, 2020 18:29

Only seen the Stones once (five years ago at Jerry World) and I didn't know about the Lucky Dip tickets for that one. Just snagged the lucky pair for Cotton Bowl - can't wait!!!

Date: February 14, 2020 19:52

Had major issues with Ticketmaster website in that it kept kicking back my credit card info on entering my name as it appears on the card which I did just that multiple times yet it kept kicking it back and as a result I missed out on Lucky Dips. They got a ear full from me that there are flaws in their website in gathering payment information. Getting freaking tickets to concerts these days is a lot more complicated than it has to be. Fortunately I got tickets in the presale thru a friend. Ticketmaster is a racquet.

Posted by: glshanghai ()
Date: February 16, 2020 03:36

will be in Pit2 with family members. It's the 50th anniversary of my 1st show in 1970 in Frankfurt/Germany and 5 days before my 70th birthday ! Rolling Stones gather no moss .. let's cut the crap - on with the show !

Guenter, Shanghai a.k.a. shanghai stone

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: February 16, 2020 17:16

I will also be in Pit 2 with my son who will have just turned 11.

Time to go back and look at all those threads about the "pit experience" that I didn't read in years past thinking I would never actually be able to do something like that, lol. Could be my last show. Go big or go home.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: February 17, 2020 15:03

Hairball
Thinking about it.

No info for the best BBQ in town as of now.

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: February 17, 2020 16:58

Can anyone from Dallas recommend some nice hotels? I was looking at the Westin, Adulphus or Joule. I want to be in the (cool section), lots of restaurants, bars etc....I see that the cotton bowl is 2 miles downtown, so i could take a bus to the show or even walk possibly from downtown. Any local insight would be appreciated, thank you. Flying in from Chicago on Thursday before show. See ya in the PIT 1

Date: February 17, 2020 17:57

The Adolphus is historic and as good as it gets and if you have the bread then that's where I'd stay.

Date: February 17, 2020 18:02

BBQ spots are plentiful however the best spot in the Downtown area imo is The Pecan Lodge. Go in the early AM around 10 because it's gone by noon and folks have been known to stand in long lines for it. Brisket is the best. Has been featured on DDD on the Food Network.

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: February 17, 2020 18:32

thank you for the info. that bbq spot Pecan Lodge looks great, reminds me of Goode Comapany BBQ in Houston. might be a nice spot to get a base before the drinking day of show. thank you for the info on the adolphus also.

Re: Dallas TX USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 17, 2021 19:32

Have 2 Lucky Dips for Dallas, can't attend and refunds are over so if someone wants these and are willing to try and make the exchange work (as I mentioned in another thread the Nashville exchange was not easy and I wouldn't want others to deal with that on show day)

I am NOT in it for profit, just an across the board exchange. My email is in profile , thx

Dallas Show ?
Date: October 17, 2021 18:57

Ok, I went back 11 pages and tried the search function and could not find the Dallas thread, so apologies if it's there somewhere..

Have 2 Lucky Dips for Dallas, can't attend and refunds are over so if someone wants these and are willing to try and make the exchange work (as I mentioned in another thread the Nashville exchange was not easy and I wouldn't want others to deal with that on show day)

I am NOT in it for profit, just an across the board exchange. My email is in profile , thx

Re: Dallas Show ?
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 17, 2021 19:05

snoopy2

could not find the Dallas thread

See: 'Tour 2021' - [iorr.org] and then click/tap 'Dallas, TX' - [iorr.org] .

Re: Dallas Show ?
Date: October 17, 2021 19:32

Irix
snoopy2

could not find the Dallas thread

See: 'Tour 2021' - [iorr.org] and then click/tap 'Dallas, TX' - [iorr.org] .

Thanks.. No wonder I could not find it, last post was Feb. 17th 2020!

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: October 17, 2021 21:58

I will be in Pit #2 with my cousin. I took another cousin to the 81 show in Orlando. Really looking forward to this one.

Posted by: ExileinSpring69 ()
Date: October 18, 2021 05:58

I Will be up at the top of stacium with my sons. Is there a goiod place to park for cheap and take a tram/ light rail to stadium?

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: October 19, 2021 18:13

The Rolling Stones return to Cotton Bowl Stadium on November 2, 2021. Fair Park First needs volunteers to help with wayfinding, check-in, and general customer service. Volunteers will be able to enjoy the concert after their shift.[www.voly.org]

Date: October 22, 2021 18:23

Good question.I haven't been to cotton bowl since '89 Stones. It is not a very good area of town and parking was a challenge but no idea how it is now. Makes me think I need to check into it for Nov. 2nd. There is light rail in Dallas with a stop at Fair Park.( which is cotton bowl and state fair grounds) I won't have time to explore that option because my son doesn't understand the time and logistical problems(rush hour traffic, parking) going to the cotton bowl presents and is therefore not taking off work and we have a three hour drive. So, I'm not looking forward to that part of it. Why am I saying all this? So, you have time to plan and not experience a nightmare. You might call DART, which is the rail system and pick their brains. Good luck and enjoy the show.

Date: October 22, 2021 18:25

I thought I was answering exileinSpring69

Posted by: ExileinSpring69 ()
Date: October 24, 2021 16:59

Thanks followyoudown, I will reach out to DART and see what I can find out.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1741
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home