Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8
Re: Austin TX USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 10, 2021 20:01

This show is only a remote possibility but I would definitely pitch toward parking if I can't figure the shuttle out.

Date: November 11, 2021 01:24

More on the shuttle situation here:

[www.reddit.com]

"I called COTA today and they said they're getting a shuttle service together and should hopefully have more info on it next week.

Apparently there were existing plans for a shuttle service but a lack of drivers at the shuttle company is causing COTA to work something out with the city instead."

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: November 11, 2021 02:33

Dan
More on the shuttle situation here:

[www.reddit.com]

"I called COTA today and they said they're getting a shuttle service together and should hopefully have more info on it next week.

Apparently there were existing plans for a shuttle service but a lack of drivers at the shuttle company is causing COTA to work something out with the city instead."

Last month I had a question on Formula 1 race and was able to get a reply from a COTA rep via tickets@thecircuit.com

Can’t hurt to shoot them an email...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 11, 2021 02:46

I got an email today informing me that the shuttle tix they never refunded me were indeed now refunded. As of Sept they tell me, but I haven't had the card I used for purchase in a long while. More phone calls for me..

"Your Shuttle Pass Has Been Refunded

As we prepare for The Rolling Stones: No Filter Tour's arrival next Saturday, November 20th, we wanted to provide you with an update regarding your shuttle pass.

Since the show was rescheduled from its original date in May 2020, we will no longer be offering a shuttle from Barton Creek Mall or Downtown Austin. Thus, your shuttle pass purchase was automatically refunded on September 22, 2021. All cars on-site will need a parking pass. To pre-purchase a parking pass for ease of entry, please click the link below.

We look forward to seeing you next weekend at The Circuit! Additional information about your tickets, mobility, and FAQs will be sent to you early next week.

Questions? Our sales representatives are eager to assist via phone at (512)-655-6300 if you have any questions."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-11 02:48 by MisterDDDD.

Date: November 11, 2021 02:52

I was thinking the last 2 shows would be possible but Austin looks more difficult and even expensive than Hollywood, Florida!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 11, 2021 02:57

Dan
I was thinking the last 2 shows would be possible but Austin looks more difficult and even expensive than Hollywood, Florida!

I'd pool all my resources ($$$) and make every effort for the grand finale in Florida.
Could be the last chance to see them in a relatively small venue in the US - I'm rooting for you Dan!

Date: November 11, 2021 02:58

Hairball
Dan

I'd pool all my resources ($$$) and make every effort for the grand finale in Florida.
Could be the last chance to see them in a relatively small venue in the US - I'm rooting for you Dan!

I might lose the decent flight options because I am being held up trying to figure out this show.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 11, 2021 04:31

Dan
Hairball
Dan

I might lose the decent flight options because I am being held up trying to figure out this show.

That happened to me. Saving the miles for Europe.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: November 11, 2021 07:29

I just booked that 3 leg flights on Monday for just under $400 on Monday withh all 3 flights on American Airlines. Now I’m having doubts about this Austin show. Rental cars are running $200 a day with taxes and the parking at COTA will be $70+. There’s no way I’m paying those prices, so if the shuttle doesn’t pan out, I will have to go by Uber. If so, I will arrive real early to get there at a decent price and then be prepared for a nightmare afterwards. I chose the closest cheap hotel to COTA that I could find, but it’s still over 6 miles away. I’m starting to dread going to this show.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 11, 2021 14:43

Halup
I just booked that 3 leg flights on Monday for just under $400 on Monday withh all 3 flights on American Airlines. Now I’m having doubts about this Austin show. Rental cars are running $200 a day with taxes and the parking at COTA will be $70+. There’s no way I’m paying those prices, so if the shuttle doesn’t pan out, I will have to go by Uber. If so, I will arrive real early to get there at a decent price and then be prepared for a nightmare afterwards. I chose the closest cheap hotel to COTA that I could find, but it’s still over 6 miles away. I’m starting to dread going to this show.

I backed out of this one for some of those same reasons.
One thing I hadn't really researched but considered was trying to rent a moped type scooter. Not that many miles, and could manuever around the traffic back-ups.

Date: November 11, 2021 17:39

Halup

What's the hotel?

Date: November 11, 2021 19:17

If I have to do a bit of walking can someone tell me if the major streets surrounnding the area (Eloy Rd or 812) have sidewalks?

Posted by: Andrew ()
Date: November 11, 2021 20:17

If anyone is staying at the Holiday Inn Austin Airport on East Ben White and wants to chip in for parking and tailgate supplies I have space for two in my truck. I have the $75 K lot parking pass that is located at the north/northeast entrance/exit of the speedway. I plan on getting there early to avoid the traffic and to tailgate. Hopefully, with this lot location we can get out without too much of a hassle.

If it matters I have had both my vaccinations as well as a booster shot.

Date: November 11, 2021 20:17

I just booked a room near the airport with the ability to cancel.

If anyone can split transportation costs and let me piggyback (***) with them I am gonna do this, otherwise will have to cancel in the next day or two.

Any option that includes a 2-3 mile walk on sidewalks. pedestrian areas or well lit streets are okay with me.

(*** this is a metaphor, I don't expect anyone to actually take me piggyback to the show)

Date: November 11, 2021 20:20

Looks like we posted at the same time.
Are you staying at the Holiday Inn Austin Airport on East Ben White?

Date: November 11, 2021 20:27

Andrew
Looks like we posted at the same time.
Are you staying at the Holiday Inn Austin Airport on East Ben White?

La Quinta on Ben White. And I can chip in. (We are not gonna run out on Gimme Shelter to beat traffic, right)

Date: November 11, 2021 20:35

Dan
If I have to do a bit of walking can someone tell me if the major streets surrounnding the area (Eloy Rd or 812) have sidewalks?

All roads surrounding track (Elroy, Kellam, 812, McAngus) are 2-4 lane country roads. No sidewalks, a few streetlights, walk on shoulder. Once you walk a few miles there are some subdivisions with some sidewalks. Better plan is to share a ride.

Date: November 11, 2021 20:35

Heeeellll noooo we are not going to leave during Gimme Shelter!
It looks like we are staying about a mile apart. I can pick you up on the way to the show. I will send you my phone number.
I saw them here at the Cotton Bowl a couple of weeks ago and it rocked!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-11 21:51 by Andrew.

Date: November 11, 2021 20:39

Andrew
Heeeellll noooo were are not going to leave during Gimme Shelter!
It looks like we are staying about a mile apart. I can pick you up on the way to the show. I will send you my phone number.
I saw them here at the Cotton Bowl a couple of weeks ago and it rocked!

I just emailed you!

Great! Seen 4 shows but just gotta hit the last 2, which I wanted to do in 2019 but wasn't do able and the reason it's the last 2 is in case something happens to the last one!

Posted by: jjazznola69 ()
Date: November 11, 2021 21:05

ME:

Will there be a shuttle from Downtown to The Stones concert at COTA? I cannot find any info on this anywhere which seems rather strange to me being just a month away. I need to plan ahead as we are getting into town that afternoon.

From COTA TICKET OFFICE:

Thank you for reaching out about the upcoming Rolling Stones concert. I’m sorry for any confusion regarding the shuttles. There are no shuttles to and from our venue. We’ll have on-site shuttles running from different lots to the concert.

Let us know if you have any other questions – we’re here to help!

Date: November 11, 2021 21:20

jjazznola69
ME:

Will there be a shuttle from Downtown to The Stones concert at COTA? I cannot find any info on this anywhere which seems rather strange to me being just a month away. I need to plan ahead as we are getting into town that afternoon.

From COTA TICKET OFFICE:

Thank you for reaching out about the upcoming Rolling Stones concert. I’m sorry for any confusion regarding the shuttles. There are no shuttles to and from our venue. We’ll have on-site shuttles running from different lots to the concert.

Let us know if you have any other questions – we’re here to help!

They left this part out…

[pbs.twimg.com]

(From last month Formula 1 parking fiasco in Lot Q.)

Good luck!

Date: November 11, 2021 22:10

Austin is mostly locked down, just trying to figure out flights.

My best flight option out is 5:48am. The 2 times I tried rideshare here for early morning flights I almost didn't make it.

SO, my question is, if anybody knows, should I go for the 5:48am and if I can't get a Lyft, how walkable are the streets from the area where the hotels are on E Ben White Bl to the airport?

Date: November 11, 2021 22:26

Dan

My best flight option out is 5:48am. The 2 times I tried rideshare here for early morning flights I almost didn't make it.

SO, my question is, if anybody knows, should I go for the 5:48am and if I can't get a Lyft, how walkable are the streets from the area where the hotels are on E Ben White Bl to the airport?

Dan, per Google maps the #20 bus gets you close for a 5:48am arrival. For departure at that time I don’t think bus will work since they start at 6am.

I drove that stretch last month but was concentrating on dodging trucks going 75mph and didn’t check on sidewalks. There may be stretches where frontage road ends making it difficult to walk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-11 22:52 by jmd.

Date: November 11, 2021 22:55

jmd
Dan

Dan, per Google maps the #20 bus gets you close for a 5:48am arrival. For departure at that time I don’t think bus will work since they start at 6am.

I drove that stretch last month but was concentrating on dodging trucks going 75mph and didn’t check on sidewalks. There may be stretches where frontage road ends making it difficult to walk.

Thanks! Not in the wee hours of Sunday morning tho I was able to find a much better flight option thru Southwest (I almost always just use Amex) that leaves at a better time and goes nonstop to FLL.

Posted by: stonesR1 ()
Date: November 15, 2021 17:40

Hi there. Does anyone know when the gates open for this show? Any other news on shuttle service? Thank you

Posted by: DavidinAustin ()
Date: November 15, 2021 19:39

I called COTA in Austin today (Monday AM).

Gates open at 5 and they confirmed no shuttle or special bus service for this event.

I let them know that there has been a lot of confusion about this especially as the event was going to have a special shuttle offering. They were hoping to work something out with the city for bus service (they said) but that did not happen.

I politely let them know this is going to be a blemish on COTA since this is such a high profile event, and they seem aware of that but are apparently unable/unwilling to do anything about that. The infrastructure at the facility is good, big enough to allow dedicated bus lanes - but there will be long lines of vehicles entering and leaving if everyone has to bring their own vehicle. This is a sad situation.

Date: November 15, 2021 20:00

If you are going to a large non-traditional concert venue you have to almost count on problems. Anywhere from traffic bottlenecks to trampling deaths to food and water shortages.

The map indicates there will be a food truck there. Don't show up hungry!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 15, 2021 22:06

A food truck for 120,000 people...better start lining up now.

Posted by: jjazznola69 ()
Date: November 15, 2021 22:40

They have plenty of concessions like any other venue. The gates open at 5 giving everyone plenty of time to get there and park. I would imagine The Stones will not come on until 8:30 or so. Follow the specific directions to your parking lot. Don't just drive there and then try to figure it out when you arrive or it will take you much longer to park. Use Waze app and put in your lot as in "COTA - Lot L". Give yourself an hour to get there from Downtown Austin. They had concerts here before without shuttles and everything worked out just fine. And I really doubt that there will be 120,000 people there. Haha.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-16 01:28 by jjazznola69.

Posted by: stonesR1 ()
Date: November 16, 2021 00:54

Thank you for the update …

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1784
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home