Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8
Re: Austin TX USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: FloridaStoner ()
Date: August 20, 2021 03:44

Have my LD .. stay safe. Let's make this tour happen.smileys with beer

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: August 31, 2021 05:39

For the intended May 2020 Austin show there were city>track bus shuttle tickets available for purchase.

My inquiry to COTA about shuttle service in November 2021 brought this reply:

There will be shuttle access during the Rolling Stones weekend. You should be able to find them on the Rolling Stones website. Please check back [there] in a week or so.

Re: Austin TX USA/CA 2020 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: October 17, 2021 01:34

Kennedy
If you are planning to spend a couple extra days in Austin, these 2 food spots are a MUST:

2. Salt Lick BBQ. It's a ways out of town, so you may want to carpool with the group. It's got a great outdoor area with lots of seating and entertainment if there is a wait, which is likely. Very important to note that it is BYOB, so pack a cooler. They have a family style all you can eat option, and they will bring you all the BBQ and sides you want. You will not leave hungry.

Went to Salt Lick a few years ago during ACL. It is outstanding!
Im thinking of doing this show - looks like it could be ‘too big’ though?

Re: Austin TX USA/CA 2020 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: jmd ()
Date: October 17, 2021 02:26

DEmerson
Kennedy
If you are planning to spend a couple extra days in Austin, these 2 food spots are a MUST:

2. Salt Lick BBQ. It's a ways out of town, so you may want to carpool with the group. It's got a great outdoor area with lots of seating and entertainment if there is a wait, which is likely. Very important to note that it is BYOB, so pack a cooler. They have a family style all you can eat option, and they will bring you all the BBQ and sides you want. You will not leave hungry.

Went to Salt Lick a few years ago during ACL. It is outstanding!
Im thinking of doing this show - looks like it could be ‘too big’ though?

+1 on Salt Lick. Will be in Austin next week for Formula 1. Salt Lick is definitely on tap one night for dinner!

(Re the Austin Stones show…FYI…TM has had few tickets available except for $98 GA for past few weeks. Noticed yesterday that a couple sections of the “Hillside Bleacher” seats went up for sale yesterday for $200-250.)

Posted by: wolundamo ()
Date: October 21, 2021 16:20

Ticketmaster say, no golden circle...??? Cant imagine its sold out...what do you think?
Thank you for your thoughts!

P.

Posted by: frijoless ()
Date: October 21, 2021 17:10

I suspect that there will inevitably be one or several ticket drops. Be patient - we are still many days away from the show. I am in-need of another Golden Circle myself as my fiancee's mom will now be attending to celebrate her birthday.

I think the promoter can put on-sale as many tickets as they wish. There were two additional bleacher sections put on-sale earlier this week that I don't think were previously on the venue map. I would not be surprised to see even more bleacher seating added.

No way they can possibly sell out as I think listed capacity is 120K. Maybe if they add some other incredible bands to make a full day of it?

I am more anxious to see information on possible shuttle buses, additional amenities/entertainment set-up for the day (there was mention of local/regional bands playing on a separate stage earlier in the day), etc.

wolundamo
Ticketmaster say, no golden circle...??? Cant imagine its sold out...what do you think?
Thank you for your thoughts!

P.

Date: October 21, 2021 17:20

Yes, info about shuttle would be great. Hope, there will be one from the airport...and 3 golden circle at face value and I'm (almost) in heavensmiling smiley

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 23, 2021 21:39

Also looking for 2 Gold Circle. Someone has to record this, right?

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: October 25, 2021 23:21

wolundamo
Yes, info about shuttle would be great. Hope, there will be one from the airport...and 3 golden circle at face value and I'm (almost) in heavensmiling smiley

There won't be any "shuttle" from the airport that goes anywhere except local airport parking lots. Cabs and Ubers will, of course, be available. If you're coming in from out of town and don't have a car I HIGHLY recommend renting one. Free buses from Austin to the venue and back will be absolutely overwhelmed. Hear me now and believe me later.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 25, 2021 23:54

Bungo
wolundamo

There won't be any "shuttle" from the airport that goes anywhere except local airport parking lots. Cabs and Ubers will, of course, be available. If you're coming in from out of town and don't have a car I HIGHLY recommend renting one. Free buses from Austin to the venue and back will be absolutely overwhelmed. Hear me now and believe me later.

I had to bail on attending this one for several reason.. not the least of which is the logistics.

Had GC, LD's, lodging, and even 2 r/t shuttle passes all set at one point.
The shuttle is the only one who never issued me a refund after numerous attempts.

The metro from the airport is easy to take downtown, have done it several times.
Runs about every 15 minutes @ $1.75 a good deal, takes about a half hour.
Also, easy to find winking smiley

[www.capmetro.org]

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: October 26, 2021 00:26

When you’re in Austin, don’t forget to throw the “horns down,” gesture. Boomer Sooner!

Date: October 26, 2021 19:15

MisterDDDD
Bungo
wolundamo

I had to bail on attending this one for several reason.. not the least of which is the logistics.

Had GC, LD's, lodging, and even 2 r/t shuttle passes all set at one point.
The shuttle is the only one who never issued me a refund after numerous attempts.

The metro from the airport is easy to take downtown, have done it several times.
Runs about every 15 minutes @ $1.75 a good deal, takes about a half hour.
Also, easy to find winking smiley

[www.capmetro.org]

Just returned from the Formula 1 race at COTA/Austin (great race BTW; go Max!), which had a 3-day announced crowd of 400,000, with 140,000 or so for Sunday race. (Given concert venue area is much less than entire race circuit, I’d expect 65,000-75,000 capacity for Stones show, but who knows for sure as COTA is pretty secretive with crowd counts.)

FWIW, Some observations for those who plan to attend on 11/20…

- Understand before you go that COTA is several miles from downtown Austin in the town of Elroy and accessible for most part via 2 and 4 lane roads. When there’s an event, there’s traffic. Be prepared for a 2 hour wait to leave their parking lot. (Took us 90 minutes Friday, which had lowest attendance of the weekend, to leave Lot F, and another 45 minutes to get 3 miles to TX-130 on-ramp.
- COTA’s primary focus is maximizing revenues for COTA. Meaning they’d much rather sell you a parking space for $60 and up rather than deal with shuttles. Which likely is why they haven’t been very forthcoming with shuttle information for 11/20.)
- If they finally set up shuttles for the show, be aware that there were lots of shuttle issues throughout the race weekend. COTA sent a statement out on social media Saturday alluding to bus cancellations and staffing issues as being cause of long waits for shuttles. (That said, we did use shuttle from airport Sunday and it was fine, albeit it did take an hour for 9 mile trip and there were lines leaving track afterwards.)
- If you rideshare, expect surge pricing. If you can get a ride. Friday, we passed 100s of people on Exxon station at Elroy Rd and McAngus Rd who had walked out 2-3 miles from COTA to arrange rideshares. So there’s that too.
- Don’t try to save a few bucks by parking at their “Lot Q Park and Ride”. Lot is 3.5 miles from the entrance gate and almost 5 miles from the concert area on other side of track. And Sunday the shuttles stopped early; not clear why, but rumored that the bus service quit for the day, leaving people the 3-4 mile walk down a 2 lane road in the dark. COTA’s response: We aren’t responsible; no refunds.

If you plan to attend, I’d reserve a rental car now; can always cancel if COTA shuttles materialize.

We considered Austin but after two shows at Sofi and one upcoming in Vegas, we’ll pass.

Posted by: jjazznola69 ()
Date: October 27, 2021 04:05

Yeah I came to that same conclusion last week when it looked like there would be no shuttle so I rented a car although I rarely do when I visit Austin which is often (3rd time this year). I prefer to Uber, takes busses and use bikes and scooters to get around but have no desire to Uber to this show. Any advice on the best lot to use? I want to get out quickly to hit C-Boy's after the show to see Jimmie Vaughan.

Date: October 27, 2021 04:11

It amazes me that they are having a show with up to 120,000 people showing up drinking and partying and there is no way of getting there besides driving or taking a cab or Uber.

Also this show is less than a month away and so far no announcement on opening acts?

Date: October 27, 2021 09:11

jjazznola69
Yeah I came to that same conclusion last week when it looked like there would be no shuttle so I rented a car although I rarely do when I visit Austin which is often (3rd time this year). I prefer to Uber, takes busses and use bikes and scooters to get around but have no desire to Uber to this show. Any advice on the best lot to use? I want to get out quickly to hit C-Boy's after the show to see Jimmie Vaughan.

It’s a bit of a crapshoot.

I wouldn’t bother with the $40 lots.

Of the $60 lots, F is probably the best assuming weather is dry. Need to be back at car quickly after final bows (or leave during encores) or risk getting stuck in traffic. Of the others, A is paved but a long walk from concert area. Don’t know about the others.

For $15 more, consider K as it’s closest to Elroy Road.

Date: October 27, 2021 12:02

After checking out the ways in and out I chose Lot L. It just seems that you can sneak out up Elroy Rd to Fagerquist Rd and stay away from all of the other lots emptying out. I hope I'm right. Haha. We will probably leave during the last song to get a jump out of there.

Date: October 27, 2021 18:35

Thanks fir everybodys contribution...still needing 3 golden circle, coming from europe

Date: October 27, 2021 18:44

jjazznola69
After checking out the ways in and out I chose Lot L. It just seems that you can sneak out up Elroy Rd to Fagerquist Rd and stay away from all of the other lots emptying out. I hope I'm right. Haha. We will probably leave during the last song to get a jump out of there.

Good luck!

One more thing…COTA’s site suggests to use Waze for updated directions. We used it and it works OK…to a point. Need to apply a sanity check though on those country roads. At one point Saturday getting there it wanted me to cut through a parking lot and around the track using a pedestrian walkway or something. Finally got to the right lot but it was a bit of an adventure.

Date: November 1, 2021 09:13

Still no idea who will be opening in Austin?

Date: November 1, 2021 21:31

jjazznola69
Still no idea who will be opening in Austin?

Ghost Hounds just announced as support for Austin.

Date: November 2, 2021 06:34

Thanks!

Austin 20/11/2021 - Stones on Rogan?
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: November 3, 2021 15:28

Austin, a city changing faster than Light:

Okay anyone who is everyone has moved there. So here is my Question.

Should Mick & Keith do 3 hours on Rogan, unadulterated let it loose, the greatest Podcast of all time.

Let it all hang out, Keith you.. , Mick you ... at times etc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-03 15:50 by SKILLS.

Re: Austin 20/11/2021 - Stones on Rogan
Date: November 3, 2021 15:32

Sure.. I see nothing wrong with the band taking rogaine to keep their hair thick.

Oh wait.. you mean Joe Rogan?
No, they'd never appear on that idiots podcast or whatever.

Date: November 3, 2021 15:39

I don't critize the messenger, only the message Mate

Date: November 3, 2021 15:43

So what could he Crawdaddy out of them that we don't know.

A nice bottle of Bourbon for Keith and a Power Salad for Mick and off to the races Ladies and Gentlemen

Date: November 3, 2021 15:43

SKILLS

And I don't praise the messenger, or the message, Pal.

Date: November 3, 2021 15:46

MisterDDDD
SKILLS

And I don't praise the messenger, or the message, Pal.

How are those splinters from sitting on the fence Fella. Gotta be septic after a while

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 3, 2021 15:48

Clickbait. Suggest adding a ? so it doesn't appear to be fact.

Date: November 3, 2021 15:51

bye bye johnny
Clickbait. Suggest adding a ? so it doesn't appear to be fact.

Taken the suggestion, not meant to be bait, a serious question, wouldn't you want to hear Mick & Keith for 3 hours

Date: November 3, 2021 15:56

Imagine a long form discussion around GHS & IORR into Some Girls which is a Dark period to say the least, expanding on "Life" and getting Jagger to actually Talk about this period, Joe is the perfect age to ask these questions.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1507
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home