Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8
Re: Austin TX USA/CA 2020 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 10, 2020 00:45

MisterDDDD
Hopefully we'll find out in advance as they are sold during the reg sale and if not being offered, would be good to know for those wanting to take advantage of pre-sales.

I never heard them announce the LD in the past years. They just appear. So just keep your fingers crossed.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 10, 2020 01:24

schwonek
MisterDDDD
Hopefully we'll find out in advance as they are sold during the reg sale and if not being offered, would be good to know for those wanting to take advantage of pre-sales.

I never heard them announce the LD in the past years. They just appear. So just keep your fingers crossed.

Yeah.. no announcement.. but they usually do a blurb on their page or FB about them. Typically the day before though.
Was mainly thinking we may find out from other sources..venue insiders etc.

This from 14 on Fire for example states which cities.. was the first example that came up, but generally they post about them day before the general sale.
"Special priced Lucky Dip tickets will go on sale for 10 dates from the upcoming 14 ON FIRE European tour at 10am tomorrow and on Thursday. Most of the shows have already sold out, so this is a great opportunity for fans for purchase these special tickets for just €65..
[www.facebook.com]#

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: February 10, 2020 02:44

GAFF
I really want to visit Austin, but I'll do it another time. Everything I've heard about the venue led me to cancel my room and book Minneapolis instead.

Smart decision. You definitely need to hit Austin and spend a long weekend though. The show though just sounds like a big cluster-f. Maybe if I was 20 years younger.

Date: February 10, 2020 15:29

I booked Austin. The super stage and the circuit sounds like a lot of fun. I am not worried. I survived hitchhiking from southern france to Hockenheim back in the days.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: February 10, 2020 19:31

JumpinJeppeFlash
TornAndFried
JumpinJeppeFlash
I’ve booked a hotel at the airport.

Is it possible to walk back there after the show?

Thanks in advance.

It's at least a 9-mile walk at night. So you are looking at 2-3 hours walk

That’s nothing compared To Werchter as long as it’s possible.

Ex British SAS eh ?
Thank you for your service.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-10 20:22 by Bungo.

Date: February 10, 2020 20:07

Been reading some reviews from people getting to COTA online and the shuttle service that runs on race days anyway gets decent reviews.
Runs every 15 minutes until long after race etc.etc.

I'm cautiously optimistic about getting there and back via shuttle. Thought about renting one of the dozens of rental bikes littered around town, but.. nah cool smiley
Staying in the heart of downtown, the other option would be an early Uber.. like to get to venue super early- may consider that if shuttles don't start till late.

Date: February 10, 2020 22:05

Interesting that they have Pit 1 and Pit 2 reversed from their usual set-up on the venue map.
[ea80e97cace747c2c244-5483548c70a81fe49af7816b21fff1c8.r64.cf1.rackcdn.com]

They have Keith's side as side 1.. fyi cool smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 10, 2020 22:37

the Zyker Park concert , which was filmed is one fine performance!!! I can't remember the year?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 10, 2020 22:50

Chris Fountain

the Zyker Park concert , which was filmed is one fine performance!!! I can't remember the year?

Zilker Park (Austin, TX) 22-Oct-2006 - [iorr.org] ?

Date: February 12, 2020 03:55

The "Suzy Q" seats (why not another stones reference here? The "Lady Jane seats?"look good, but should be less than pit tickets imo.
Curious how much the "Luxury Loge Boxes" will run. Twelve people per, could be a deal for a group, but not likely.
[thecircuit.com]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 12, 2020 06:36

schwonek
MisterDDDD

Oh they do announce, but it's very subtle. It's usually a tweet or a Facebook post. In years past they might have had a page on their website but who goes to websites anymore anyway?

Date: February 12, 2020 10:58

MisterDDDD

98 $ - Bronze Lawn
150 $ - Silver Lawn
150 $ - Hillside Bleacher - Seats
275 $ - Gold Circle
325 $ - Trackside 1&2 Grandstand Seats
500 $ - Pit 1&2 Tickets
500 $ - Susie Q Premium Seats (center front of stage)

I will LD of course but Hillside for 150 is a good deal too.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 12, 2020 18:27

So what are people doing..are we expecting Lucky Dips for Austin? Not sure if I should buy GA lawn $98 now in case LD are not an option...

Date: February 12, 2020 19:26

Justin
So what are people doing..are we expecting Lucky Dips for Austin? Not sure if I should buy GA lawn $98 now in case LD are not an option...

I think the odds now are better that there will be LD's for this as they did the normal process for reg tickets. I was thinking earlier that it wasn't likely, but now would lean towards likely.

That said, I sprung for a Golden Circle ticket.. ($311 all-in w /fees)
Might be a long day in the sun, but I survived DT (barely) figure it can't be much worse.
Did the GC for several European shows and now almost prefer it to Pit.
B Stage rail is my goal now cool smiley

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: February 12, 2020 19:35

The weather in Austin is spectacular at that time of year.

FYI The second problem visitors should consider (the 1st being transport to and from venue ) is lodging. You would think Austin would have plenty of hotel rooms available. The truth is they do not. Most hotels in Austin are sold out in advance on weekends.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 12, 2020 19:55

Bungo

FYI The second problem visitors should consider (the 1st being transport to and from venue ) is lodging. You would think Austin would have plenty of hotel rooms available. The truth is they do not. Most hotels in Austin are sold out in advance on weekends.

My friends who live there have a couch for me.

Date: February 13, 2020 00:11

daspyknows
Bungo

Man....the Golden Circle looks to be a location for a good price even though no seats. Am I missing something. $650 for 2 tickets including fees. DO they pack people in there?

Date: February 13, 2020 00:23

jumpontopofmebaby

Man....the Golden Circle looks to be a location for a good price even though no seats. Am I missing something. $650 for 2 tickets including fees. DO they pack people in there?

Not missing anything.. it is a great value imo.
Course it's larger than the pit so more people vying for prime spots, but if you get one, or anywhere near really, it's fantastic!
Did several in the UK No Filter, and am a huge fan now.

It's a unique venue obviously, but have found it to be less crowded than the Pit. Pluses- you can see the whole stage, the B stage is lower,
and if you can grab the rail you're close to the band when they come out, and they are 55% of the price of a Pit.
Minuses- It's not the Pit cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-13 00:24 by MisterDDDD.

Date: February 13, 2020 00:26

jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
Bungo

Similar to Prague. Plenty of room and perfect location.

Date: February 13, 2020 01:03

daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
Bungo

Cool. And thank you !!

Date: February 13, 2020 01:05

jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
Bungo

Cool. And thank you !!

Austin won't be cool in May, but I get it smiling smiley

Date: February 13, 2020 01:18

daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
Bungo

Cool. And thank you !!

No it won’t. But I have family there and the odds of a good warm up band are good

Date: February 13, 2020 01:27

jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
Bungo

Cool. And thank you !!

No it won’t. But I have family there and the odds of a good warm up band are good

Have friends there. Figuring a good chance for Gary Clark Jr.

Date: February 13, 2020 02:04

daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
Bungo

Cool. And thank you !!

I was thinking possibly Willie or Lucas Nelson

Date: February 13, 2020 02:40

jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
Bungo

Cool. And thank you !!

I was thinking possibly Willie or Lucas Nelson

They are playing 6 days later in LA with Neil

Date: February 14, 2020 04:18

Have not bought any yet but golden circle is still only $275. Did pit last year Denver that was not so bad. Stood towards the back rail and had a place to rest. Did pit at desert trip and that was a little harder on the body Just not sure Taking a chick if I do this just wonder how grueling it would be

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 14, 2020 04:35

jumpontopofmebaby
Have not bought any yet but golden circle is still only $275. Did pit last year Denver that was not so bad. Stood towards the back rail and had a place to rest. Did pit at desert trip and that was a little harder on the body Just not sure Taking a chick if I do this just wonder how grueling it would be

Out of curiosity was looking at this show earlier today (and Dallas) - incredible there's still some Gold Circle left at face value as you'd think they might be the first to go.
There's also still Silver Lawn for only $150 and behind that Bronze at $98. Could be ripe for those who get Lucky Dips, and as tempting as it is, logistically don't think I can make it happen....still looking at Dallas though.

Date: February 14, 2020 04:52

Hairball
Out of curiosity was looking at this show earlier today (and Dallas) - incredible there's still some Gold Circle left at face value as you'd think they might be the first to go.
There's also still Silver Lawn for only $150 and behind that Bronze at $98. Could be ripe for those who get Lucky Dips, and as tempting as it is, logistically don't think I can make it happen....still looking at Dallas though.

I'm going for back up Lucky Dips tomorrow on this..
I could be wrong, but in looking at the map the Gold Circle is perhaps a bit larger than in the past, and also remember it's at least as big as all the floor seating at other venues.

I figure with LD back-ups to my GC, someone will need/want one of them winking smiley
Saw that one of the VIP packages-"exile" had a GC ticket, merch, and early entry(most appealing) which I may have gone for with a little more research for $131 more.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 14, 2020 05:03

Oh I see those "Exile VIPS" now still available....yes the early entry might have made it worth it, and a bit of extra merch as a bonus.thumbs up

Date: February 14, 2020 05:52

Hairball
Oh I see those "Exile VIPS" now still available....yes the early entry might have made it worth it, and a bit of extra merch as a bonus.thumbs up

Buy the pkg and I'll split the extra cost for early entry and provide a coat for you to drape over the rail to save me a spot winking smiley
The making for a great last show. We can haggle over the merch cool smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1825
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home