Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8
Austin TX USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 6, 2020 20:35

Please post your comments, questions and info related the following Rolling Stones No Filter USA Tour 2021 show and travel here:

AUSTIN

Austin Song Vote

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-17 17:04 by bv.

Re: Austin TX USA/CA 2020 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 6, 2020 20:50

Circuit of the Americas:

[TheCircuit.com] -- Large version

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 6, 2020 21:08

I am planning on this one.

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: February 6, 2020 21:42

What is the latest on the size of this venue, seating arrangement, etc..?

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 6, 2020 21:55

TiminIndy

What is the latest on the size of this venue, seating arrangement, etc..?

See here: [TheCircuit.com] .

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 6, 2020 22:05

I suppose there won't be any Lucky Dips for this show.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 22:11

Justin

Were there no LD for Burl's Creek?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 6, 2020 22:37

Justin

May very well be the case... but sooo nice to see a Golden Circle area!!
That will be my first choice on this one... hope they keep the b stage!

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: February 7, 2020 08:21

Looking at the map, I’m surprised to imagine 120,000 capacity, as BV estimated. I saw that this figure is for races, not concerts: The Circuit of The Americas™ track is a 3.4-mile circuit track with capacity for 120,000 fans and an elevation change of 133 feet. It is ideally situated on a 1000-acre site in southeast Austin.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 7, 2020 11:10

cyclist
Looking at the map, I’m surprised to imagine 120,000 capacity, as BV estimated. I saw that this figure is for races, not concerts: The Circuit of The Americas™ track is a 3.4-mile circuit track with capacity for 120,000 fans and an elevation change of 133 feet. It is ideally situated on a 1000-acre site in southeast Austin.

A more realistic number is about 50-70K for this show. Nowhere near 120K.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: February 7, 2020 12:02

Justin

It will for sure.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 7, 2020 12:49

So the pricing looks like:

98 $ - Bronze Lawn
150 $ - Silver Lawn
150 $ - Hillside Seats
275 $ - Golden Circle
325 $ - Grandstand Seats
500 $ - Pit Tickets
500 $ - Susie Q Premium Seats (center front of stage)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-07 13:05 by schwonek.

Date: February 7, 2020 16:15

JumpinJeppeFlash
Justin

It will for sure.

Perhaps you know this from a source, but I would guess that they will not for this. Have to check, but don't believe they did when they played Indy in '15 either.

This is more like a festival, where they also don't sell them. All the areas, packages and wide open inexpensive lawn seats etc., makes it unlikely I think. I do Lucky Dips for most shows, six last leg, and am planning on GC for this even if LD's were available.. Hope you're right though!

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: February 7, 2020 16:35

MisterDDDD
JumpinJeppeFlash
Justin

It will for sure.

Perhaps you know this from a source, but I would guess that they will not for this. Have to check, but don't believe they did when they played Indy in '15 either.

This is more like a festival, where they also don't sell them. All the areas, packages and wide open inexpensive lawn seats etc., makes it unlikely I think. I do Lucky Dips for most shows, six last leg, and am planning on GC for this even if LD's were available.. Hope you're right though!

.. but, eg. Rome 14,Spielberg 17, Lucca 17, all wide fields had them, at least you paid less as for GA winking smiley

Date: February 7, 2020 16:52

austrianstones
.. but, eg. Rome 14,Spielberg 17, Lucca 17, all wide fields had them, at least you paid less as for GA winking smiley

Yeah.. Europe can be a bit different.. I'd put the odds at 50-50 honestly on this one. Hopefully we'll find out in advance as they are sold during the reg sale and if not being offered, would be good to know for those wanting to take advantage of pre-sales.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 7, 2020 17:01

This is a Rolling Stones Concert just like Burl's Creek, Spielberg, Hamburg, Lucca, Prague, Rome, Berlin Waldbühne etc. They all had Lucky Dip Tickets and there is not one single argument why there shouldn't be LD tickets for this concert. The only exceptions where they didn't sell LD tickets where Festivals like Pinkpop, Glastonbury, Roskilde, TW Classic, Jazzfest etc because these are normal Festivals who would also have taken place without The Rolling Stones taking part. They have a complete different Organisation. But I would bet a lot of money that there will be LD tickets for this show.

Date: February 7, 2020 17:12

Ok.. just an opinion cool smiley Didn't for Indy, Milwaukie etc, but we'll see.
I'll save you some $ though, and bet you a beer smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-07 17:14 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: February 7, 2020 21:06

I travel to Austin regularly since I have a satellite office there. Austin is a great Airbnb town, and is now my preference over hotels there.

I strongly recommend finding an Airbnb in the "South Congress" area. It is a great area with amazing food and entertainment options.

[www.doingthestreets.com]

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: February 7, 2020 22:03

FYI, this venue is absolutely in the middle of nowhere. If you plan to get there and back using rideshare services or public transportation of any kind be prepared to experience an absolutely hellish situation. The only reliable way in and out of there is by your own car. And even that will be challenging. If you're flying in I Strongly recommend renting a vehicle. Unfortunately this problem is very common whenever there is a large event in or around Austin. Believe me, I've learned my lesson.

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: February 7, 2020 22:06

Bungo
FYI, this venue is absolutely in the middle of nowhere. If you plan to get there and back using rideshare services or public transportation of any kind be prepared to experience an absolutely hellish situation. The only reliable way in and out of there is by your own car. And even that will be challenging. If you're flying in I Strongly recommend renting a vehicle. Unfortunately this problem is very common whenever there is a large event in or around Austin. Believe me, I've learned my lesson.
There will be shuttle/bus pickups in town.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: February 7, 2020 22:19

Keefy
Bungo
There will be shuttle/bus pickups in town.

= Absolute Hell

Date: February 8, 2020 08:57

I’ve booked a hotel at the airport.

Is it possible to walk back there after the show?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 8, 2020 09:33

JumpinJeppeFlash

Thanks in advance.

It's at least a 9-mile walk at night. So you are looking at 2-3 hours walk

Date: February 8, 2020 10:23

TornAndFried
JumpinJeppeFlash

Thanks in advance.

It's at least a 9-mile walk at night. So you are looking at 2-3 hours walk

That’s nothing compared To Werchter as long as it’s possible.

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: February 9, 2020 00:21

There is no presale date listed for this show. Does anyone have that info? Ticketmaster only lists on sale date for this show, while showing presale dates for the other shows.

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: February 9, 2020 22:56

If you are planning to spend a couple extra days in Austin, these 2 food spots are a MUST:

1. The original Chuys on Barton Springs. Best Tex-Mex on the planet. But only the original location.

2. Salt Lick BBQ. It's a ways out of town, so you may want to carpool with the group. It's got a great outdoor area with lots of seating and entertainment if there is a wait, which is likely. Very important to note that it is BYOB, so pack a cooler. They have a family style all you can eat option, and they will bring you all the BBQ and sides you want. You will not leave hungry.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: February 9, 2020 23:23

Kennedy
If you are planning to spend a couple extra days in Austin, these 2 food spots are a MUST:

1. The original Chuys on Barton Springs. Best Tex-Mex on the planet. But only the original location.

2. Salt Lick BBQ. It's a ways out of town, so you may want to carpool with the group. It's got a great outdoor area with lots of seating and entertainment if there is a wait, which is likely. Very important to note that it is BYOB, so pack a cooler. They have a family style all you can eat option, and they will bring you all the BBQ and sides you want. You will not leave hungry.

Kennedy is correct on both recommendations, I’d add if your patient and have a few hours to kill...Franklin’s BBQ...there will be a wait, but it will be worth it.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: February 10, 2020 00:39

I really want to visit Austin, but I'll do it another time. Everything I've heard about the venue led me to cancel my room and book Minneapolis instead.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 10, 2020 00:42

rattler2004
Kennedy

Kennedy is correct on both recommendations, I’d add if your patient and have a few hours to kill...Franklin’s BBQ...there will be a wait, but it will be worth it.

A friend and fellow taper brought me a Frankin's brisket to California on dry ice. Wow. Amazing stuff. Plan on eating my share while visiting.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 10, 2020 00:44

Keefy
There is no presale date listed for this show. Does anyone have that info? Ticketmaster only lists on sale date for this show, while showing presale dates for the other shows.

On TM it says: The Sale Will Begin on Wed, Feb 12 @ 10:00 am CST

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2126
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home