Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Nashville, TN USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 9, 2021 04:17

Sighunt
You have to hand it to Mick. When it suits the interests of the band, he knows when and how to garner great publicity and do good promo for the tour. He has long ago established himself as the master in this arena.

Absolutely.. the GOAT it could be argued.

The scrap yard is very close to the stadium.. Not sure what day this is but I would bet that while he's taking pics at the stadium and vicinity, some hardcore fan is circling it looking for merch stands, scoping out entrances etc.. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 9, 2021 04:51

did they do soundcheck tonight
did anyone hear what they played

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 9, 2021 05:27

Soundcheck is on the day of the show, when they arrive to the venue, before doors open.

Bjornulf

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 9, 2021 06:07

oh sorry bv my mistake i should know that

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: October 9, 2021 08:54

You guys are gonna get Far Away Eyes. I can feel it in my bones.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 9, 2021 09:07

ProfessorWolf
VoodooLounge13
Soooooooooo......

I'm biting the bullet. Despite the loss of Charlie, setlist omissions, and COVID, after having watched videos of the first 2 shows, I realize I just need to go one last time, to get to my fabled lucky 13 shows...to take my sons to their first show and create what will hopefully be a lasting memory. I am scared as hell, as none of us are vaxed and Nashville seems to be a hotbed BUT I have bought tix far away - probably the furtherest away from the stage since I first saw them at age 21. I thought of different ways for us to limit our proximity to others, and this was the best I came up with. We have seats in the last row of our section, and I bought extra tix so that we will have a little bit of space to ourselves. We will also be masked the entire time, from the approach to the stadium until we are back in the car.

I need to say farewell to the live version of what is now The Rolling Stones. I need to pay my respects for our dearly departed Charlie. I need to share that grief with those who understand and feel the same. I want to create and have this final show be a memory that, hopefully, my boys talk about long after I am one day gone. I have said since I was 21, seeing the Stones live is truly the greatest show on earth. I look forward to one last hurrah with the band. I'm nervous and excited all at once. I'll be driving from Connecticut, to upstate NY to pick up my sons, and then down to Nashville - 16 hours one way and 18 back.

I really hope that this last show has a more diverse setlist that the most recent few shows has had - Ghost, Trouble's A-Coming, and really would love to hear Far Away Eyes. Just want to selfishly grab as many unheard live songs as I can. Would LOVE for Keef to break out Thru & Thru - my favorite of his, and actually, I used to sing it to my elder son when I'd change his diaper as a baby, and I'd act like Johnny Depp in Pirates. He got a kick out of it and used to laugh the whole time I was changing him. Saw Steve say that they rehearsed Moonlight Mile - THAT would be a real treat!! I long ago gave up on getting Almost Hear You Sigh - my only top 10 favorite song that I've never heard live. Either way lots of Mixed Emotions for sure.

See you all tomorrow night!!!

glad you came around i know this has been a struggle for you i'm also hoping for far away eyes
i remeber voodoo lounge is your favorite one of mine too but i don't know about thru & thru but i think keiths done the worst within the last couple years so maybe that and i think though i'm not certain that they rehearsed love is strong
hope you and your sons have fun and stay safe and healthy

and you never know i don't think mick & keith wanna say goodbye to the us with a contractually obligated tour with the sad shadow of charlies death hanging over it and considering how well there playing i don't think this is the end i think they'll be back at least one more timewinking smiley

Thanks Professor. 13 is my lucky number so I’ve been wanting to get to that number for awhile now. Once upon a time I’d wanted to see them 1x for every year I’ve been a fan but the years now outpace shows by quite a bit. It’s sadness and happiness all at once. I doubt I’ll be back to see them again honestly. I feel like this is closing the book on the live shows for me. It’s just not quite the same. I’ll still buy all they put out, but something is different. The mystique the bravado. IDK. But I am looking forward to this show. My sons have just gotten into rock a couple of months ago unbeknownst to me and they’re excited. It’s weird to be talking to them about the Stones. But I am stoked for that!!!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 9, 2021 10:13

Have a great show, everybody!

Date: October 9, 2021 14:36

Ha! Sure enough winking smiley
There's Mick on Lower Broadway..

Mick Jagger
@MickJagger
See you tonight Nashville!

Shot/edited by Matt Clifford

video
[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-09 15:35 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: October 9, 2021 14:51

I hope your setlist is blessed with 2 new sings..have a great evening
Enjoy life is short

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 9, 2021 14:51

The Rolling Stones are in Music City and ready to rock the Nissan Stadium this evening. The fan song vote has ended and you picked a real country classic! See you tonight

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-09 14:53 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 9, 2021 15:27

The fields of Eden
Are full of trash

Date: October 9, 2021 15:36

Man I was really hoping, after Pittsburgh’s poster, for a really nice one.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: October 9, 2021 15:37

VoodooLounge13
ProfessorWolf
VoodooLounge13
Soooooooooo......

I'm biting the bullet. Despite the loss of Charlie, setlist omissions, and COVID, after having watched videos of the first 2 shows, I realize I just need to go one last time, to get to my fabled lucky 13 shows...to take my sons to their first show and create what will hopefully be a lasting memory. I am scared as hell, as none of us are vaxed and Nashville seems to be a hotbed BUT I have bought tix far away - probably the furtherest away from the stage since I first saw them at age 21. I thought of different ways for us to limit our proximity to others, and this was the best I came up with. We have seats in the last row of our section, and I bought extra tix so that we will have a little bit of space to ourselves. We will also be masked the entire time, from the approach to the stadium until we are back in the car.

I need to say farewell to the live version of what is now The Rolling Stones. I need to pay my respects for our dearly departed Charlie. I need to share that grief with those who understand and feel the same. I want to create and have this final show be a memory that, hopefully, my boys talk about long after I am one day gone. I have said since I was 21, seeing the Stones live is truly the greatest show on earth. I look forward to one last hurrah with the band. I'm nervous and excited all at once. I'll be driving from Connecticut, to upstate NY to pick up my sons, and then down to Nashville - 16 hours one way and 18 back.

I really hope that this last show has a more diverse setlist that the most recent few shows has had - Ghost, Trouble's A-Coming, and really would love to hear Far Away Eyes. Just want to selfishly grab as many unheard live songs as I can. Would LOVE for Keef to break out Thru & Thru - my favorite of his, and actually, I used to sing it to my elder son when I'd change his diaper as a baby, and I'd act like Johnny Depp in Pirates. He got a kick out of it and used to laugh the whole time I was changing him. Saw Steve say that they rehearsed Moonlight Mile - THAT would be a real treat!! I long ago gave up on getting Almost Hear You Sigh - my only top 10 favorite song that I've never heard live. Either way lots of Mixed Emotions for sure.

See you all tomorrow night!!!

glad you came around i know this has been a struggle for you i'm also hoping for far away eyes
i remeber voodoo lounge is your favorite one of mine too but i don't know about thru & thru but i think keiths done the worst within the last couple years so maybe that and i think though i'm not certain that they rehearsed love is strong
hope you and your sons have fun and stay safe and healthy

and you never know i don't think mick & keith wanna say goodbye to the us with a contractually obligated tour with the sad shadow of charlies death hanging over it and considering how well there playing i don't think this is the end i think they'll be back at least one more timewinking smiley

Thanks Professor. 13 is my lucky number so I’ve been wanting to get to that number for awhile now. Once upon a time I’d wanted to see them 1x for every year I’ve been a fan but the years now outpace shows by quite a bit. It’s sadness and happiness all at once. I doubt I’ll be back to see them again honestly. I feel like this is closing the book on the live shows for me. It’s just not quite the same. I’ll still buy all they put out, but something is different. The mystique the bravado. IDK. But I am looking forward to this show. My sons have just gotten into rock a couple of months ago unbeknownst to me and they’re excited. It’s weird to be talking to them about the Stones. But I am stoked for that!!!

Being able to go with my son who actually likes the Stones and was old enough to really appreciate their music and history (he was 15 when we saw them in Buffalo 2015) was one of the most precious and memorable times we shared together. You wont regret it! Priceless (as the Mastercard commercial used to say)!

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: October 9, 2021 15:43

bye bye johnny

I'm glad they brought back the "ROLLING" to the artwork. Not a fan of the ones that just say "Stones".

Date: October 9, 2021 15:45

The poster for Nashville is not one of my favorite designs.

Hopefully the shirts will look batter.

It sucks I have meetings for work up til 6:00 so I won't be able to scope out the merchandise trucks like the last shows.

Still hoping for Neighbors to make it to the set list but I think it will show up in LA.

Date: October 9, 2021 16:07

Is the stadium off on its own or are their restaurants and stuff within walking distance?

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: October 9, 2021 16:10

Lots of stuff within walking distance

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: October 9, 2021 16:13

Question for Nashville natives. My hotel is just east of the stadium on Interstate Dr. If after the show I go across the bridge to Broadway for awhile, will it be safe to walk back east across the bridge, by the stadium and to the hotel say at midnight or 1:00 AM? Thanks

Date: October 9, 2021 16:16

VoodooLounge13
Is the stadium off on its own or are their restaurants and stuff within walking distance?

There's a pedestrian bridge that takes you from the Lower Broadway district to the stadium that sits across the river, kinda on it's own. About a 15 minute walk or so.

Plenty of restaurants etc on Lower Broadway.
(Can recommend the Johnny Cash museum & it's restaurant, even if you're not a big Cash fan, very cool)

See Mick's vid for taste of Lower Broadway)- [twitter.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 9, 2021 16:20

rlj1010
bye bye johnny

I'm glad they brought back the "ROLLING" to the artwork. Not a fan of the ones that just say "Stones".

Best part about it is the fact the artist incorporated "ROLLING".

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: October 9, 2021 16:20

VoodooLounge13

Within walking distance but it is a walk. There is a bridge and a couple blocks between the stadium and Broadway.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: October 9, 2021 16:22

I had thought about going to this one but my friend was unable to go tonight so we are doing Atlanta instead.

You all have a great time!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 9, 2021 16:23

They rehearsed Connection, right? Anyone else think that might fit well in Nashville

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 9, 2021 16:40

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 9, 2021 17:10

Have a great time, all. Should be a good show in a good town.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 9, 2021 18:12

This thread is now closed. For show and live comments please use this thread:

Nashville show live updates - Saturday 9-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1802
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home