Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Nashville, TN USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 28, 2021 15:55

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-29 01:13 by MisterDDDD.

Date: August 2, 2021 03:05

Here me out..

We all know the Stones can do country, and at times do it very well.
We also all know that certain city's draw "special" guest stars, and Nashville is usually one of them.

If they are going to go with an "A" list Country guest star in Nashville, I would nominate Dolly Parton for the role. Who better than the "The Queen of Nashville"?
After all, she was also instrumental in vaccine development, so a perfect choice here imo.

In all seriousness, it would be great to see Mick & Dolly bat Beast of Burden back and forth or any number of songs. The thought of Jagger duetting with a beautiful woman, in his age group, who at least equals his fame, is intriguing, and I think they'd sound great together. winking smiley

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: August 2, 2021 14:43

MisterDDDD
Here me out..

We all know the Stones can do country, and at times do it very well.
We also all know that certain city's draw "special" guest stars, and Nashville is usually one of them.

If they are going to go with an "A" list Country guest star in Nashville, I would nominate Dolly Parton for the role. Who better than the "The Queen of Nashville"?
After all, she was also instrumental in vaccine development, so a perfect choice here imo.

In all seriousness, it would be great to see Mick & Dolly bat Beast of Burden back and forth or any number of songs. The thought of Jagger duetting with a beautiful woman, in his age group, who at least equals his fame, is intriguing, and I think they'd sound great together. winking smiley

Then it would be ''Breast of Burden''...

Date: August 2, 2021 15:24

Lol. Or.. Far Away Nipples winking smiley

Date: August 11, 2021 02:51

I just booked my flight to Nashville - SW has tickets at a great price $54.00 & $78.00 so I'm going for sure and I am optimistic the show will go on! I'll wear a mask, show a vaccine card, whatever they ask for I'll go along with it. No Charlie no problem I still want to see my band no matter what!

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: September 2, 2021 20:22

A suggestion for meet/greet before the show? Rock Bottom Brewery? It's on Broadway, close to the pedestrian bridge that leads to the stadium.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: September 2, 2021 20:28

Every day I hope and I pray that I can make it to Nashville, but it seems the USA won’t adjust the covid measures for people from Holland. Because of work I am not in the possibility to go to Mexico (or another country) two weeks before the Tour starts. So, so bad.

Date: September 2, 2021 20:53

BN78
A suggestion for meet/greet before the show? Rock Bottom Brewery? It's on Broadway, close to the pedestrian bridge that leads to the stadium.

Sounds good! Large outdoor decks as I recall.. no doubt many will gather there pre-show. smileys with beer

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 7, 2021 22:31

I’m planning on attending this show and would like to meet up with some fellow Stones fans at Rock Bottom. One thing to note, The Nashville Predators hockey team will be playing a preseason game at Bridgestone Arena (just a few blocks up Broadway from the brewery) at 3:00 PM the day of the concert, so plan for big crowds at bars in the area and higher demand for Uber, Lyft, etc. Go Preds!

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: September 8, 2021 00:58

I am going, my wife and I will be there a day or so before the concert. Hopefully get to meet some fellow IORR'ers.

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: September 10, 2021 07:50

One month away from the show - can't wait!! Has anyone heard anything about opening acts? Black Pumas or Alabama Shakes would be nice...

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Date: September 10, 2021 15:46

TiminIndy
One month away from the show - can't wait!! Has anyone heard anything about opening acts? Black Pumas or Alabama Shakes would be nice...

I would love to see the Ghost Hounds thumbs up

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 10, 2021 19:07

TiminIndy

Brittany Howard has gone solo. Alabama Shakes no longer shaking.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: September 10, 2021 19:34

What's the covid protocol going to be in Nissan Stadium? From what I can tell so far, there essentially isn't one.

I had hopes when AEG made its announcement about vaccination or testing for its concert audiences starting Oct 1, but when we sorted that out it applies only in venues AEG operates, and those don't include the stadiums of this tour.

Supposedly artists have the option of requiring their audiences be vaxxed, or that or a neg. test. Have we heard anything from the Stones on anything along those lines? If so, someone please update me because I've missed it.

What Nissan Stadium is doing for its NFL games is... nothing. A joke. They seem to have signs up, If You're Not Vaxxed We Recommend (or was it "suggest"?... I forget) Wearing A Mask. Well, The Venn diagram of antivaxxers overlaps probably 90+% with antimaskers, esp. in Tenn., so they'll blow right by those without a thought. So that's worthless.

Titans will not require masks or proof of vaccination this season at Nissan Stadium

[www.newschannel5.com]

Sep 08, 2021 last updated 7:32 PM, Sep 08, 2021

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — When fans return to Nissan Stadium this Sunday for the season home opener against the Arizona Cardinals, it will be back to full capacity and masks will only be optional, not required.

It's looking to me like it's gonna be every man, woman, or child for themselves. Us, and at least millions of delta viruses flying around freely.

I'm trying to arrange a 3rd shot of Pfizer before wading into the Tennessee show pit, but that coming through is extremely uncertain.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-10 19:50 by TheBluesHadaBaby.

Date: September 10, 2021 21:06

daspyknows
TiminIndy

That’s right. The drummer, Steve Johnson, was arrested on child abuse charges earlier this year. The band hasn’t been active since 2018.

I was supposed to see Brittany Howard solo at The Alabama Theatre last week, but she canceled the show a few weeks ago. She’s currently opening some shows for My Morning Jacket.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 10, 2021 21:41

TheBluesHadaBaby
What's the covid protocol going to be in Nissan Stadium? From what I can tell so far, there essentially isn't one.

I had hopes when AEG made its announcement about vaccination or testing for its concert audiences starting Oct 1, but when we sorted that out it applies only in venues AEG operates, and those don't include the stadiums of this tour.

Supposedly artists have the option of requiring their audiences be vaxxed, or that or a neg. test. Have we heard anything from the Stones on anything along those lines? If so, someone please update me because I've missed it.

What Nissan Stadium is doing for its NFL games is... nothing. A joke. They seem to have signs up, If You're Not Vaxxed We Recommend (or was it "suggest"?... I forget) Wearing A Mask. Well, The Venn diagram of antivaxxers overlaps probably 90+% with antimaskers, esp. in Tenn., so they'll blow right by those without a thought. So that's worthless.

Titans will not require masks or proof of vaccination this season at Nissan Stadium

[www.newschannel5.com]

Sep 08, 2021 last updated 7:32 PM, Sep 08, 2021

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — When fans return to Nissan Stadium this Sunday for the season home opener against the Arizona Cardinals, it will be back to full capacity and masks will only be optional, not required.

It's looking to me like it's gonna be every man, woman, or child for themselves. Us, and at least millions of delta viruses flying around freely.

I'm trying to arrange a 3rd shot of Pfizer before wading into the Tennessee show pit, but that coming through is extremely uncertain.

Sounds like a terrible situation - be safe!

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: September 11, 2021 02:02

daspyknows
TiminIndy

Bummer. I thought of them because I thought they opened some shows on the last tour, but maybe I was thinking of St. Paul and The Broken Bones.

No news on opening acts?

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Re: Nashville, TN USA/CA 2020 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: KevinPenthouse ()
Date: September 11, 2021 02:53

OH I am staying right in town need to be a "Stones Throw" from broadway where all the music action honky tonk women are and paying those killer $$ prices . . so my post was just a FYI for those looking for deals on room

Re: Nashville, TN USA/CA 2020 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: September 23, 2021 21:23

Wonder if Mick is going to visit the Parthenon again?

Date: September 24, 2021 03:43

Anybody know/guess the opener ??

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 24, 2021 09:19

BN78

Ghost Hounds
[www.ghosthounds.com]

Date: September 24, 2021 13:07

erikjjf
BN78

Ghost Hounds
[www.ghosthounds.com]

Thanks Erik smileys with beer

Date: September 24, 2021 19:02

BN78
erikjjf
BN78

Ghost Hounds
[www.ghosthounds.com]

Thanks Erik smileys with beer

Saw them open in DC in 2019. They're solid for an opener. Don't care if I miss them though.

Date: September 25, 2021 16:52

Looking forward to seeing you in Nashville NB!

Date: September 26, 2021 00:53

BN78
Looking forward to seeing you in Nashville NB!

Sounds good. Maybe we could have an IORR meet-up inside Nissan Stadium. It’d be cool to put some faces with these screen names.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 28, 2021 07:07

If anyone gets word on covid requirements for this show and could post them that would be great. Thinking of driving down from CT via upstate NY with my 2 boys for what would be their first show.

Thanks!

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: September 28, 2021 15:36

Unfotunately ByronBerline is no longer alive to play with them at Nashville, but what about Al Perkins?

Posted by: LuvtheJag43 ()
Date: September 29, 2021 03:15

I have Lucky Dips for Nashville. I have never had LD's before. Where do I pick them up once I get into stadium? Also, for Nashville based IORR members what is the best way to get from my airport hotel to the concert at Nissan Stadium and back to hotel? We will be in Nashville for 4 nights. Any recommendations for interesting and fun things to do and see. We did hop on hop off trolley tour in 2018 when we went to Nashville for Exhibitionism. We will visit Musician's Hall of Fame. But we are looking for other ideas. I am so excited!! I wish I had been able to go to St. Louis but that didn't happen. I wish everybody going to a show a great time!! Have fun!!hot smiley

Date: September 29, 2021 03:57

LuvtheJag43
I have Lucky Dips for Nashville. I have never had LD's before. Where do I pick them up once I get into stadium? Also, for Nashville based IORR members what is the best way to get from my airport hotel to the concert at Nissan Stadium and back to hotel? We will be in Nashville for 4 nights. Any recommendations for interesting and fun things to do and see. We did hop on hop off trolley tour in 2018 when we went to Nashville for Exhibitionism. We will visit Musician's Hall of Fame. But we are looking for other ideas. I am so excited!! I wish I had been able to go to St. Louis but that didn't happen. I wish everybody going to a show a great time!! Have fun!!hot smiley

Uber or Lyft will be your best bet unless your hotel has a shuttle. Nashville is tough without a car unless you’re staying downtown. There is a bus that will take you from airport to the stadium, but I’ve never taken it and can’t tell you anything about it other than it’s Bus 18. Not sure how reliable or safe it is. Traffic on the highway between the airport and the stadium will be hellacious on the night of a big show, especially with it being a Saturday night so give yourself plenty of time to get there.

There are so many great restaurants in Nashville that aren’t downtown. I’m happy to share some favorites if anyone is interested. Broadway/Downtown can be fun for a night or two but it’s so crowded and touristy. Broadway has turned into a redneck Bourbon Street. It’s mostly amateur drinkers and bachelorette parties acting like it’s their last night on Earth. The 12 South area near Belmont University has lots of shops, restaurants and is walkable, you’ll just have to take an Uber to get there.

Check out Nashville Scene for events happening while you’re in town. There are shows happening most nights of the week at The Ryman, Mercy Lounge, The Basement East, Exit/In, 12th & Porter, Cannery or Marathon Music Works. The Ryman does tours during the day. The Country Music Hall of Fame is really cool.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-29 04:03 by BFR.

Posted by: LuvtheJag43 ()
Date: October 3, 2021 13:04

What time do the gates open for the show on Saturday? Who else on here is going to Nashville as well? I would like to meet people. We are staying in a hotel near airport but am looking for a downtown hotel instead.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1587
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home