Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Opinion- PIT, or Floor C Front Row/Center?
Posted by: benito ()
Date: October 20, 2021 05:45

FYI- Floow C is the section directly in front of the B stage

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: October 20, 2021 06:20

Pit, about 10 rows of ppl back, 5 off of the catwalk.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 20, 2021 07:01

Absolutely stay away from Floor C option. The stage is too tall - you can not see
over it and the 1st row is the worst.

Re: Minneapolis MN USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 20, 2021 07:21

Sections D and B are just behind Pit 1 and Pit 2. They are much better than C, which as commented by others here, have the B-stage in front of the section. You get closer to the front with D and B, but Pit is the best place to be, if you have the $500 or so to spare for a ticket to the show, and you are able to stand for a few hours.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-20 07:22 by bv.

Posted by: benito ()
Date: October 20, 2021 08:02

Thanks, folks- Great advice.....PIT it is!

Posted by: ChrisG ()
Date: October 20, 2021 23:11

swimtothemoon
Absolutely stay away from Floor C option. The stage is too tall - you can not see
over it and the 1st row is the worst.

I almost bought front row floor c at Foxboro two years ago. Glad I didn't. Although, last minute price was $150.

Date: October 21, 2021 07:59

Great to be in Minneapolis, just like I left it in 2015. Colder than LA, fresh air, slight rain, I just love it. And I will for sure see as many games as I can with our very own favorite ice hockey player Zucca #36. Saw him in LA last week, will see him with the Minnesota Wild Saturday, may be even Sunday as well, if I have the nerve to attend a game in St Paul starting at 3pm on Stones show day...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 21, 2021 08:06

Hey BV, the guy to watch on the Wild is Kirill Kaprizov winking smiley

Hockey and the Stones on the same day, well, that would be heaven for me right there!

Kos deg!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 21, 2021 10:41

C'mon Mick...we want that fookin powerful "Get Down"!!!!
3:06
[youtu.be]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 21, 2021 10:56

Imagine if they did Jigsaw Puzzle

.......... What a blow-out record .... derelict blues band

ROCKMAN

Date: October 22, 2021 04:37

Uptown seems to be a lot more interesting than downtown Minneapolis.

Bjornulf

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: October 22, 2021 05:27

bv
Uptown seems to be a lot more interesting than downtown Minneapolis.

Agreed! I grew up in Mpls., and I concur thumbs up

Date: October 22, 2021 16:01

Downtown Minneapolis is even more boring than it seemed last time I was here, in 2015. Then it was summer, I had a bike, and I could move around. The Rolling Stones performed at TCF Bank Stadium on June 3, so the weather was different, you could sit outside at restaurants, and there was no covid around.

Downtown is mostly hotels, banks, parking houses, highway tracks, and few cars. I can cross the streets any time on a red light, seems like the cars are other places. Hotel restaurants are either closed or open at 5pm. Same with the few other restaurants here downtown, so I took a car out to Uptown yesterday afternoon. There are plenty of dining places all the way on Hennepin Ave S, I went to Hennepin Ave S & W Lake St, but any place in that area is just great for dining also daytime. The walk back along Hennepin to downtown takes an hour, but is great to see all the activities over there, as compared to downtown.

The hotel I am staying at does not have USA Today, but they have the local paper "Minnesota Star Tribune", great newspaper, they have plenty of Stones reporting today, I will post links separately. Also every day they write about ice hockey, they still write about the sell out overtime home win game on Tuesday, when the row of Kaprizov - Zuccarello - Eriksson Ek made ten points alone. So I got my ticket for the game on Saturday.

Bjornulf

Date: October 22, 2021 16:09

The Rolling Stones as reported by the local paper Minnesota Star Tribune:

7 places Mick Jagger should visit in the Twin Cities this weekend (Oct 19)

A look back at every Rolling Stones concert in the Twin Cities, 1964-2015 (Oct 21)

Rolling Stones production manager started his career with Minneapolis bands (Oct 21)

From the last article, interview with "Opie":

It's just a few hours before Mick Jagger and company take the stage in Los Angeles, and Rolling Stones problem-fixer Dale Skjerseth is as relaxed as Jimmy Buffett.

"We got here at about 9 this morning. You keep your eye on the weather."

No need to worry about the weather at U.S. Bank Stadium. But as the Stones travel the globe, it's Skjerseth's responsibility to see that things run smoothly — like all 23 semitrucks worth of equipment. Stuff happens: A glitch in an electronic keyboard, an inoperative digital panel on the massive video wall, gear getting delayed on a shipping vessel, you name it.

The Stones played last Sunday in Los Angeles, then their crew arrived in Minneapolis Tuesday to start setting up at U.S. Bank Stadium. Skjerseth will show up Friday morning for Sunday's concert.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-22 16:10 by bv.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: October 22, 2021 18:50

Worthy of consideration:

Weekend all you can eat brunch at Gray’s Drugstore in Dinkytown (Bob Dylan lived in an upstairs room in 1960) - 11 am -2 pm, $21; +$6 for bottomless mimosas, bloody marys; 327 14th Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414

Paisley Park studio (no need to do the tour), 7801 Audubon Rd, Chanhassen, MN 55317. Then one of the pharmacies where he got his pills: CVS Pharmacy at 7765 Galpin Blvd, Chanhassen, MN 55317.

Sound80 (where Dylan rerecorded Blood on the Tracks): 222 South 9th St, Suite 3600, MN, 55402

Minneapolis Sculpture Garden (free), the largest urban sculpture garden in the USA.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: October 22, 2021 19:21

I'll be in town, but skipping the show.

It'll be great knowing the boys are here and that the city will have so many fans roaming around, including some of you thumbs upcool smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 22, 2021 19:40

A drugstore perhaps worthy of consideration is the one Mick met "Mr. Jimmy" in..
(hint- it wasn't in Chelsea, but nearby Excelsior winking smiley)

Stones lore: Jagger and Mr. Jimmy in Excelsior
In the summer of 1964, a fledgling British band rolled into town for a one-night stand at a suburban dance hall.

"According to local legend, Jagger had gone to an Excelsior drugstore the day after the concert. While he was waiting to fill a prescription, Jimmy was ahead of him in line, ordering a cherry Coke, but the drug store had run out, so he had to settle for a regular Coke. At that point, Jimmy turned to Jagger and uttered the famous line: “You can’t always get what you want.”

Years later, Jagger used that line as the title of a song, and it became one of the Stones’ greatest hits. Jagger put the drugstore in Chelsea and cherry Coke became “cherry red” soda, but Mr. Jimmy got a mention in the lyrics."
[www.minnpost.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-22 22:27 by bv.

Date: October 23, 2021 00:43

I wonder if then 11 years old Thomas - now 17 years or so old - will be at the show on Sunday. He wrote the following report when The Rolling Stones last time played in Minneapolis 2015:

Letter from Thomas, eleven years old fan

Dear Mick,
Please allow me to introduce myself, for I'm a man of wealth, and taste. The reason I'm writing to you is because I caught your guitar pick in Minneapolis during the zip code tour. I will take care of it, and pass it on to my kids. I really enjoyed your music, but my favorite song is Sympathy for the Devil. I really hope your fan mail checkers or whatever you call them give you this letter.

Sincerely
A man of wealth and taste,
Thomas
P.S. I'm only eleven years old.

The above and other Minneapolis 2015 reports here:

The Rolling Stones - TCF Bank Stadium - Minneapolis, MN, USA - Wednesday, June 3, 2015 (IORR)

Bjornulf

Date: October 23, 2021 02:06

Sweet............ I was supposed to fly in tonight and Delta called and asked if I'd take a flight tomorrow and a free voucher for a year.

I think this will interest BV:

[www.norwayhouse.org]

Date: October 23, 2021 13:39

Mick will become the oldest performing Stone tomorrow, he'll be 2 days older than Charlie was in Miami 2019.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 23, 2021 16:25

Minneapolis Song-Vote - [Twitter.com] :

She’s So Cold
Neigbours
Shattered
Monkey Man

[Vote.RollingStones.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 23, 2021 17:46

Irix
Minneapolis Song-Vote - [Twitter.com] :

She’s So Cold
Neigbours
Shattered
Monkey Man

[Vote.RollingStones.com]

It was between SSC and MM. Went with MM. Love SSC but never have liked it live.

Date: October 23, 2021 17:50

Monkey Man for me.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: October 23, 2021 18:16

Shattered. Sex and sex and

Posted by: vant0037 ()
Date: October 23, 2021 20:25

BV, you have to remember that the George Floyd protests significantly altered the downtown MPLS landscape. Many restaurants and retailers chose not to return to downtown. That explains the boringness you mentioned. Uptown was hit hard too. Check out Northeast MPLS for some great restaurants and breweries.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: October 23, 2021 20:40

Guess which one I picked?

Date: October 23, 2021 23:17

I spend several hours walking around today. There are obvious signs some of the places that were opened the last time I was here 2 years ago are not coming back.

The city just has a feeling of emptyness.

The trucks are lined up! I did not see any merchandise areas open yet.

It says the box office opens at 10:00 for those of you who need to pick up tickets.

vant0037
BV, you have to remember that the George Floyd protests significantly altered the downtown MPLS landscape. Many restaurants and retailers chose not to return to downtown. That explains the boringness you mentioned. Uptown was hit hard too. Check out Northeast MPLS for some great restaurants and breweries.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: October 24, 2021 00:35

I see the evening weather
Bet you can wait for florida
Tampa.warm and sunny

Date: October 24, 2021 01:51

monkey man

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: October 24, 2021 03:51