Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Vancouver B.C. Canada USA/CA 2020 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: JessForte ()
Date: February 12, 2020 17:10

treaclefingers
crholmstrom
treaclefingers
JessForte
treaclefingers
JessForte
treaclefingers
mosthigh
Vancouver's music scene is pretty dismal. Many live club venues have either closed permanently (Media Club, Dover Arms) or have closed then reopened as lame shadows of themselves (Yale, Railway Club) or are on the imminent chopping block (Fairview, Arts Club). All that's left are mostly dive bars near skid row (Pub 340, Ivanhoe, LanaLou's).

There ARE some smaller former movie theatre type venues that host many out of town bands like The Imperial, The Rickshaw, The Fox, and (my fave) The Rio in East Van, but for local bands, it's slim pickings.

I saw Andrew Loog Oldham introduce Charlie is My Darling, a bootleg of the movie (before it's official release) at the Rio. Very cool.

Dude I saw that too! Got him to sign one of my albums.

I had a really bad cold, took a neo citran and went anyway. Glad I did! I shoulda got him to sign an album, never thought of that. Which album?

Got him to sign Out of Our Heads. M

On a totally different note, man I'm so excited, my partner's dad just phoned me a short while ago and told me to get the best possible tickets I could procure and gave me his Amex info. He said it's my birthday present. Damn not even my own parents like me this much. Hoping to score pit in the Amex presale.

Good luck and happy birthday! My bday is today!

happy birthday fellow aquarian!

smileys with beer

Haha thanks but my birthday is in April, it'll be my 31st. I'm an Aries. I guess my partner's dad is thinking ahead. I think he just wants pit tix and knows I'm the most likely person to procure those for him. Whatever the reason, best gift ever.

I told my partner of 5 years if he doesn't want his dad to show him up in the gift giving department, he could always propose at a Stones show...hey, a girl can dream....

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 12, 2020 17:49

JessForte
I told my partner of 5 years if he doesn't want his dad to show him up in the gift giving department, he could always propose at a Stones show...hey, a girl can dream....

At the opener in Chicago last year, kid asked me if I could take a pic of him and his girl.
Then he whispered to me to make it a video as he was going to propose.
Was great!! I think she might still be crying cool smiley

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 12, 2020 17:50

Still waiting for presale for Vancouver. Countdowwn at TM.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 12, 2020 19:34

Good luck in the presale! I will try doubling down on LDs on Friday...

Date: February 12, 2020 19:57

2 minutes till waiting room....

And now 2000 in front of me...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-12 20:01 by MAF.

Date: February 12, 2020 20:08

I'm a music teacher, I put on a listening activity for my students and told them nobody is allowed to talk to me for 10 minutes. Do you think they have the courtesy to follow that? NO. All of them fail. I said GOOD DAY CHILDREN.

Date: February 12, 2020 20:23

Anyone seen the prices?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 12, 2020 20:23

MAF
Anyone seen the prices?

1000ish for the pit

Date: February 12, 2020 20:31

treaclefingers
MAF
Anyone seen the prices?

1000ish for the pit

That's the VIP pkg price.
In there now, no face Pit available.

Date: February 12, 2020 20:32

MY GODDAMN LAPTOP IS SO BAD IT WON'T WORK AND NOW IT WON'T LET ME LOG INTO TM ON MY PHONE. I am the only teacher on staff they wouldn't give a new laptop to because "i'm only music" and now the goddamn thing won't work and I am STEAMING

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: February 12, 2020 20:33

Had same message - 2000 in front of me. Scored in Section 239 within 11 minutes.

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: February 12, 2020 20:37

Topi

I'm actually in Halifax and looking at the Detroit show but can you tell me how you access the link for the LD's. I know it's only available via rollingstones.com but does it appear right at the start of the onsale?
Any advice is mucho appreciated.

Date: February 12, 2020 20:38

I'm in, but too much money...
Pit package only. Nice rip off again.
What is face value for pit? 600 CA$?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-12 20:40 by MAF.

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: February 12, 2020 20:52

Pit 1 right now has only NF Pit VIP $1,037 and OP $1,426 and $1,568. Pit 2 NF Pit $1,037 and OP $1,426. Floor A3 Row 1 is $3,261. Too rich for me!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 12, 2020 20:55

Got through after about 15 minutes. Ended up getting tickets 4 rows up in the upper bowl, about $250 each. Lower bowl were $450. Figured I'll save a couple hundred and sit a bit higher up. Logged in again to check what was left for Amex and most are gone now, couple single seats in the upper bowl but still some 2,3 4 in a row in the lower bowl. I'm sure all Amex presales will be sold out soon.

Date: February 12, 2020 21:00

downagain
Topi

I'm actually in Halifax and looking at the Detroit show but can you tell me how you access the link for the LD's. I know it's only available via rollingstones.com but does it appear right at the start of the onsale?
Any advice is mucho appreciated.

It does.
Sometimes they lag a minute or three.. but typically right when the general sale starts. And yes, enter from their website, not reg waiting room, takes you to different waiting room and a dedicated Lucky Dip TM page.

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: February 12, 2020 21:46

Vancouver Pits now @ CA$586 (Circa US$442)

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Posted by: britstones ()
Date: February 12, 2020 21:46

Just scored regular pit tickets woo hoo!

Posted by: livefromuk ()
Date: February 12, 2020 22:03

Same!!!!!!!!!!! THANK GOD!

Date: February 12, 2020 22:04

My laptop won't let me log out of the browser so i can get tix on my phone. I sent such an angry email to my principal saying my piece of crap technology caused me to miss out on tix and i've been asking for months for a new one since i'm the only teacher on staff who didn't get one and now i'm really upset(he knows what the Stones mean to me)

He ran down to my room to apologize and phoned the district and started laying into them and i have a new laptop finally coming next week LOL my principal has never seen me angry so he was scared. Didn't get tix but i got a new laptop!

Date: February 12, 2020 22:38

Pit Ronnie's side available for face value.

Just gone...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-12 22:39 by MAF.

Date: February 12, 2020 22:43

Cheapest seats I saw were just over $70. All the low priced ones seem to be gone. Still lots of opportunity through the stadium at $400+.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: February 12, 2020 22:44

Got PIT 2 Keith's side at face value, was much easier to get than San Diego, was surprised there were both pits available, Had to have my credit card person on the phone to make sure it went through. Probably too many failed dings on the San Diego venue. We are really looking forward to Vancouver! Will try for Lucky Dips in San Diego.

Date: February 12, 2020 22:51

12 times i got pit and got 12 error messages

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 12, 2020 22:54

My buddy got us GA's so at least we're on the floor with good value. Might try LDs on Friday still.

Date: February 12, 2020 23:02

JessForte
MY GODDAMN LAPTOP IS SO BAD IT WON'T WORK AND NOW IT WON'T LET ME LOG INTO TM ON MY PHONE. I am the only teacher on staff they wouldn't give a new laptop to because "i'm only music" and now the goddamn thing won't work and I am STEAMING

You do realize that's why you call in sick for days like today.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 12, 2020 23:03

a good friend took my advice & got front row of upper deck. good for the spectacle & more reasonably priced. i was about even with the small stage in seattle upstairs & it was great. also, not many going for those on presale so relatively easy to get.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: February 12, 2020 23:05

JessForte
12 times i got pit and got 12 error messages

I kept getting error messages because I would forget to click US instead of Canada for ticket delivery, and then I had to have my credit card on the phone to make the charge go through.

Date: February 12, 2020 23:31

treaclefingers
JessForte

You do realize that's why you call in sick for days like today.

I told my principal id be sick on friday because i won't have this happen again.

I'm glad I'm his favourite because anyone else would get in trouble for admitting it

Posted by: danielharris627 ()
Date: February 13, 2020 14:00

I managed to get a GA standing ticket yesterday, but when I randomly checked later on there were cheaper (Still nearly $600! eye popping smiley) pit tickets that weren't available when I first looked, which I would've preferred. I'm not from Canada, but does anyone know if it'll be possible to sell my ticket easily further down the line? Can I resell it through Ticketmaster? I am tempted to try and see if I can get a pit ticket instead of using my GA ticket, which I'd want to sell if I got a pit ticket.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1906
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home