Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Vancouver B.C. Canada USA/CA 2020 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 6, 2020 20:30

Please post your comments, questions and info related the following Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 show and travel here:

VANCOUVER

Bjornulf

Re: Vancouver B.C. Canada USA/CA 2020 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: February 6, 2020 21:20

I’ll repost this that I posted last night on the old tour thread. Hope that this info helps for those coming to Vancouver.

For folks coming in from out of town Richmond (where YVR airport is located) is just south of Vancouver. The airport has a connecting rail line that can take you to the centre of Richmond (10 to 15 minutes) or right into downtown Vancouver (25 to 30 minutes). The trains are small but a wait is no more than 10 or 15 minutes for the next one with of course morning and evening rush hours being the crowded times. Richmond to downtown Vancouver by train takes about 25 minutes and from there it is a short walk to the stadium. Besides Richmond and downtown Vancouver there is other accommodation available near to the Broadway/City Hall rail station including a Holiday Inn at 711 Broadway. From that area (Broadway & Cambie) it is probably a 30 minute walk or less to downtown Vancouver and the stadium, depends upon how fast you go. If you are staying downtown hotels are expensive just like in any other city (they may be a little cheaper, but not by much, in Richmond - I haven’t checked lately). If you are looking for decent hotel accommodation in downtown Vancouver proper within stadium walking distance try to stay west of Abbott Street (starting with options in “Gastown”).

Here is a link to accommodation near to the Broadway/City Hall rail station.

[www.google.ca]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-07 07:48 by KingmanBarstow.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 21:37

Also, the Skytrain (rapid transit) runs from downtown to New Westminster and across the river to Surrey. Skytrain stops near BC Place at Stadium Station so a person can also look at getting a motel in Burnaby at Metrotown Mall.
As was mentioned, the Skytrain also goes from downtown to the airport in Richmond. There are a number of hotels downtown Vancouver within walking distance of BC Place.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 21:38

Further to my first post, I see American Express has presales so that's how I'm going to try to get tickets.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 6, 2020 22:11

I hear the Hotel Patricia is a fun place to stay.

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: February 7, 2020 06:16

DeanGoodman

Ha!

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: February 7, 2020 07:21

DeanGoodman

Careful, someone might take you seriously...

Posted by: Mick2014 ()
Date: February 7, 2020 09:29

i have the american Express, but in Germany, i don't get an enter code. do you have an idea.

Posted by: anne ()
Date: February 7, 2020 09:56

What's wrong with the Patricia Hotel?
I've booked it because the price! I already read, that it might be noisy!
Anybody knows about the Patricia Hotel?
Is there a kind of WMCA around Vancouver?

Date: February 7, 2020 10:54

Is it a kind of Hotel California?

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 7, 2020 10:59

anne

Seepages 80/81 of old tour thread. Very dire indeed. Strongly recommend you go elsewhere. [iorr.org]

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: February 7, 2020 17:05

We got a room at the Georgian Court Hotel, literally across the street from venue.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 7, 2020 17:10

2014Slayer
We got a room at the Georgian Court Hotel, literally across the street from venue.
Stayed there recently... great place!!
I'm next door at the Hampton for this.

Date: February 7, 2020 18:57

MisterDDDD
2014Slayer

Great! Maybe we can meet up again like we did in Santa Clara.

Date: February 7, 2020 19:10

2014Slayer
MisterDDDD
2014Slayer

Great! Maybe we can meet up again like we did in Santa Clara.
thumbs up

Date: February 7, 2020 19:47

anne

Here’s a link to the YWCA, a much better location for you.

[www.google.ca]

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: February 7, 2020 23:39

We have also booked the Georgian Court Hotel. Sounds like a pre-show gathering at the bar might be in order smileys with beer

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 8, 2020 02:28

Any idea about the ticket prices? Pit 500 CAD?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 8, 2020 03:31

Georgian Court is now in the 225 to 338 USD range. How much was it yesterday or the day before?

plexi

Date: February 8, 2020 06:09

timbernardis
Georgian Court is now in the 225 to 338 USD range. How much was it yesterday or the day before?

plexi

$262 Canadian = $196 US

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 8, 2020 06:46

MAF
Any idea about the ticket prices? Pit 500 CAD?

Gotta be more...the Burl's Creek pits last year were 500+ USD face.

Date: February 8, 2020 08:36

2014Slayer
timbernardis

plexi

$262 Canadian = $196 US

I just booked it now too, but for $284 USD a night. I failed to do my due diligence Tuesday night. I haven't had enough time to devote to this as I am in DC for meetings and just went with an IORRian/local's recommendation of the Sandman. That was after the Hotel Patricia disaster of which I have been amply reminded by deangoodman and others.

So now, I have three Vancouver reservations: the Sandman, the YMCA, and now the Georgian Court. The deciding factor is going to be how much travel money I get from my employer. If it is enough, I will go with the Georgian Court. If not, one of the other two.

plexi

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 8, 2020 15:56

timbernardis
2014Slayer
timbernardis

plexi

$262 Canadian = $196 US

I just booked it now too, but for $284 USD a night. I failed to do my due diligence Tuesday night. I haven't had enough time to devote to this as I am in DC for meetings and just went with an IORRian/local's recommendation of the Sandman. That was after the Hotel Patricia disaster of which I have been amply reminded by deangoodman and others.

So now, I have three Vancouver reservations: the Sandman, the YMCA, and now the Georgian Court. The deciding factor is going to be how much travel money I get from my employer. If it is enough, I will go with the Georgian Court. If not, one of the other two.

plexi
where is YMCA..price

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 8, 2020 15:57

timbernardis
2014Slayer
timbernardis

plexi

$262 Canadian = $196 US

plexi

Sandman is fine...it's close by and it's not exactly derelict. Clean and comfortable...don't overspend unless you're feeling flush.

I paid $200 US for a dump with two short single beds last year in Seattle for the show. One night and get out. Wouldn't do it again but the Sandman is fab by comparison.

Posted by: JessForte ()
Date: February 8, 2020 20:24

anne
I'm from Vancouver, I've been to the pub underneath the Patricia many times for friends bands, but the hotel itself is infamous. Well known for bedbugs and other vermin, its price makes it a short term stay for many of the drug users in the area (it is in the heart of skid row, if you don't know Vancouver, stay away from east hastings in general, it is the shame of our city. Huge drug and homeless population, looks like a war zone. Though, not their fault our city has failed to deal with it in any meaningful way). My friend parked in that area awhile back and when he came out he found used needles on his windshield. Stay away from anything on Hastings since you don't know the area.

Date: February 8, 2020 20:59

babyblue
timbernardis
2014Slayer
timbernardis

plexi

$262 Canadian = $196 US

plexi
where is YMCA..price

Someone here posted that it is not far from the BC Place. I think maybe a mile or less. Go to some of the aggregator travel sites and it will tell you how far it is from the stade. I booked for the 12th and 13th, but when I tried to book another for the 11th and 12th, it said those dates were not available (not sure exactly which day I will be driving in). It was 120 CAD and 90 USD for one night, including taxes etc. Here's the address:

733 Beatty Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6B 2M4
Tel (604) 895-5830
Toll free 1 (800) 663-1424 (in North America)
hotel@ywcavan.org

plexi

Date: February 8, 2020 21:29

timbernardis
babyblue
timbernardis
2014Slayer
timbernardis

plexi

$262 Canadian = $196 US

plexi
where is YMCA..price

Someone here posted that it is not far from the BC Place. I think maybe a mile or less. Go to some of the aggregator travel sites and it will tell you how far it is from the stade. I booked for the 12th and 13th, but when I tried to book another for the 11th and 12th, it said those dates were not available (not sure exactly which day I will be driving in). It was 120 CAD and 90 USD for one night, including taxes etc. Here's the address:

733 Beatty Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6B 2M4
Tel (604) 895-5830
Toll free 1 (800) 663-1424 (in North America)
hotel@ywcavan.org

plexi

It is right across the street from BC Place stadium - a 1 minute walk approximately!

Date: February 8, 2020 21:47

Thank you, Jess Forte for your detailed advice !

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 8, 2020 22:52

JessForte
Stay away from anything on Hastings since you don't know the area.

.. agreed, although the Vancouver Police Museum just around the corner is pretty cool.

Date: February 8, 2020 23:30

DeanGoodman
JessForte
Stay away from anything on Hastings since you don't know the area.

.. agreed, although the Vancouver Police Museum just around the corner is pretty cool.

True.
And I've been known to pop in to The Amsterdam Cafe or similar nearby over the decades.smoking smiley
Legal before legal was legal... Great coffee!! cool smiley

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home