Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: San Diego CA USA/CA 2020 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: February 9, 2020 19:24

Kerryann
After the 8th we are planning on a few days in the Gaslight area. Is this a good area to stay for nightlife, restaurants, sightseeing etc? My on-line search seems to indicate this is the happening place to hang out.
Also are there any recommended live music blues bars worth visiting?

You can scroll through the top clubs here:

[www.casbahmusic.com]

Gaslight is ok. Pacific Beach/Mission Beach/Ocean Beach if you want the ocean with a bit of dive factor.

A little more sedate but great areas are Del Mar, La Jolla, Coronado

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-09 19:28 by coloradocanyons.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: February 9, 2020 19:43

The Casbah is the best dive bar music venue in town. Belly Up Tavern is killer too and hosts bigger names.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: February 9, 2020 19:54

I definitely recommend staying in Pacific Beach (close to the mile of Garnett av that's closest to the beach) or even Mission Beach.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 9, 2020 19:58

FrogSugar
I definitely recommend staying in Pacific Beach

How do I get to the stadium without a car?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 9, 2020 20:01

GAFF
The Casbah is the best dive bar music venue in town. Belly Up Tavern is killer too and hosts bigger names.

Also recommend the Belly Up. I took a road trip to see Ben Harper and Charlie Musselwhite there.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 9, 2020 20:28

daspyknows
GAFF

Also recommend the Belly Up. I took a road trip to see Ben Harper and Charlie Musselwhite there.

Went to the Belly Up to see a stones cover band before Zip Code.
Few nights later, the actual Stones played there for a b'day party tongue sticking out smiley
Also the concert *onlystones posted a memorable fictitious(?) thread about getting to that one I believe cool smiley

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: February 9, 2020 22:46

Catch the trolley from any number of spots. It will be a crush getting out after, but is best way in or out. You can also walk out if you are lucky enough to get free parking in surrounding area. Traffic in and out of parking lot can be awful.

Date: February 10, 2020 00:45

MisterDDDD
daspyknows
GAFF

Went to the Belly Up to see a stones cover band before Zip Code.
Few nights later, the actual Stones played there for a b'day party tongue sticking out smiley
Also the concert *onlystones posted a memorable fictitious(?) thread about getting to that one I believe cool smiley

Actually found out about that one the morning of as a friend of a friend works there. Couldn't get there on short notice.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 10, 2020 03:53

In Dublin 2018, they did two full rehearsals at the stade/stadium Croke Park in the days leading up to the show. We made it there for the second one which as I recall was two days before the show. It was more than a sound check. They played 12 songs lasting over an hour. We listened outside the stadium. We saw Mick in a car as he was driven into the stadium. Daryl was dropped off, walked in but stopped for fotos and a few autographs. There was a bunch of crazy Argentinians there with a huge Argentinian flag with a Stones tongue on it. BV covered it in his Stones Life blog.

Well worth it.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-11 09:23 by timbernardis.

Date: February 10, 2020 04:55

I will need to change the reservation to arrive a day earlier in that case.

Date: February 10, 2020 07:54

I'd love to see this show. I don't think I'll make it. It's a trip that the band is playing where the Chargers used to play.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: February 10, 2020 14:55

schwonek
FrogSugar
I definitely recommend staying in Pacific Beach

How do I get to the stadium without a car?

Ouch... Uber if you have the app. I used to live there but I had a car, can't imagine public transport from PB to the stadium.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: February 10, 2020 16:02

San Diego seating chart

[www.boxofficeticket.center]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 10, 2020 18:36

No need to click on the scalper ticket site posted above when the seating chart is on ticketmaster: >No Scalper

Posted by: dennisdster ()
Date: February 11, 2020 21:43

Has anyone seen a seating chart that details the ticket pricing? (Ticketmaster does have chart with no pricing key)

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: February 11, 2020 23:05

dennisdster
Has anyone seen a seating chart that details the ticket pricing? (Ticketmaster does have chart with no pricing key)

The only pricing I've seen is for Austin, where they show Pit at $500. This would certainly be cheaper than last year if it's priced that way for all shows, but perhaps Austin will be priced differently, just as Glendale was cheaper last year.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: February 12, 2020 03:26

I would expect these smaller markets to cap out at $500 for pit. But we will see tomorrow!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 12, 2020 06:37

Hey, we can call this the No Scalper Tour!

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: February 12, 2020 14:35

Anyone makes the double The Rolling Stones - The Who?

The Who are playing Las Vegas both the night before and the night after The Stones playing San Diego.

[www.thewho.com]

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: February 12, 2020 20:31

I used the fan club password but bought an Amex presale ticket. Finished after 24 minutes but I wasn't trying for Pit. The upper bowl sections were $250 and nosebleeds were $69.50 and $99.50. I'm in a nosebleed. The days of paying big $$ to be in the pit are over for me. Anytime they come around I'll go see them but as the prices go up I sit further and further away.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 12, 2020 20:44

Never saw 69.50 nosebleeds but got in after 24 mins in waiting, took a quick look and said @#$%& this.

Date: February 12, 2020 21:03

Scored seats in B3. A success.

Posted by: spidey9 ()
Date: February 12, 2020 21:20

Scored a pair of tickets in A2 at face value via fan club presale. Took about 40 minutes overall. hot smiley

Discovered that an American Express Serve card (prepaid card) will no longer work for the American Express presale.

I saw the Stones at SDCCU Stadium (then called Qualcomm Stadium) in 1998 (Bridges to Babylon tour).

Date: February 12, 2020 21:27

Gonna hold out - missed face value Pits, but see decent A2 and A6 still there at face value similar to where I sat at the Rose Bowl show....tempting but no rush.
Might go for Lucky Dips...and/or eventually some Pit face values might reappear...patience...

Posted by: brucepv ()
Date: February 12, 2020 21:40

They shut down those $499 pits quickly didn't they. I have a hard time believing the SD pit will be as tough to get as the Rose Bowl was, but time will tell.

Date: February 12, 2020 22:15

Hard to say brucepv, but considering it's the only show in the south/western part of the States could be a tough one.
By the time I got in, all I saw in the Pit was occasional VIP's at $750+ appear and disappear sporadically, but even those seem to be long gone now as I haven't seen any in a while....reminiscent of Pasadena.
Still tempted to settle for one of those decent A2 or A 6's, but I have a feeling patience will eventually pay off - be it Lucky Dips, or whatever...

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: February 12, 2020 22:40

Hairball
Hard to say brucepv, but considering it's the only show in the south/western part of the States could be a tough one.
By the time I got in, all I saw in the Pit was occasional VIP's at $750+ appear and disappear sporadically, but even those seem to be long gone now as I haven't seen any in a while....reminiscent of Pasadena.
Still tempted to settle for one of those decent A2 or A 6's, but I have a feeling patience will eventually pay off - be it Lucky Dips, or whatever...

That was horrible, going around and around and around. We didn't want A2 seats at same price as PITs (after terrible experience at Petco Park on the floor). So we are going to try for Lucky Dips on Friday, hopefully they will offer them (did they ever have Lucky Dips at Rose Bowl last year?) Terrible not to get tickets in my own town. We did score PIT 2 for Vancouver which had plenty of Pit tickets available. Had to have my card card person on the line to make that sale go through.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: February 12, 2020 22:46

2014Slayer
Hairball

That was horrible, going around and around and around. We didn't want A2 seats at same price as PITs (after terrible experience at Petco Park on the floor). So we are going to try for Lucky Dips on Friday, hopefully they will offer them (did they ever have Lucky Dips at Rose Bowl last year?) Terrible not to get tickets in my own town. We did score PIT 2 for Vancouver which had plenty of Pit tickets available. Had to have my card card person on the line to make that sale go through.

Yes there were Lucky Dips at the Rose Bowl. I had one but did not draw PIT. Not many did for that show. Everyone I saw in the very long line for pick up was side stage with me—-high up.

Date: February 12, 2020 22:56

2014Slayer
Hairball

Ah well, it wasn't all that bad - and sort of went as expected...
As for the A2/A6 - had a similar seat at the recent Rose Bowl show and it was fantastic, so still very tempted to go for one of those and call it a day. I don't recall if the Rose Bowl had Lucky Dips.
Also, had a great experience at Petco on floor during Zip Code - since everyone was standing for the entire show, was able to maneuver from my row 35 all the way up to to my friends row 9's on the aisle center section.

kv2915
Yes there were Lucky Dips at the Rose Bowl. I had one but did not draw PIT. Not many did for that show. Everyone I saw in the very long line for pick up was side stage with me—-high up.

I imagine it will be the same for San Diego with not much of a chance getting in the Pit.
Might have to pounce on one of those A2's or A 6's while they're still avaiiable....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-12 23:00 by Hairball.

Posted by: brucepv ()
Date: February 12, 2020 23:05

Hairball

Hairball any thoughts on what SD availability might look like on Friday for the general public sale considering your experience with Pasadena last year?

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1369
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home