Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334Next
Current Page: 31 of 34
Re: Lucky Dip Tickets 2020/2021
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 2, 2021 05:09

MisterDDDD
snoopy2
family friend will be using my extra for Pittsburgh, so no longer available ..

Question tho for you pros: In 7 LDs over the years we never hit a Pit, but since all I read on here are Pit success stories wondered if my experience is more common than not and just not reported ?

Like the strategy of filling holes and upper decks etc has changed to more designated side stage for most, pits have become much more common over only the last few tours,.. in my experience and opinion.
Probably due primarily to pricing.. they've made the nosebleeds more affordable and then rewarded the fans with side stage and pits.

Zactly what happened for me Seattle 2019.

Posted by: blakeo82 ()
Date: October 2, 2021 14:16

Looking for one lucky dip in Nashville!

Email is:

Gateway_city_signatures@yahoo.com

Posted by: frijoless ()
Date: October 2, 2021 17:20

Looking for two dips for Tampa.

Thanks in-advance.

Drew @ drew@truenorth-travel.com

Lucky Dip Seats
Posted by: lasheef ()
Date: October 5, 2021 07:37

1st Rolling Stones concert was Madison Square Garden 1975. Been to a dozen shows since.
After trying for a number of years I finally scored a pair of Lucky Dip tickets for the Thursday, Los Angeles show. Is it a given that we will be seated in the very inexpensive seats or can we really Get Lucky and actually be given some really Good Seats?

Re: Lucky Dip Seats
Posted by: rustytrinket86 ()
Date: October 5, 2021 07:47

Luck of the draw. They’ve released this on their social media:

“Lucky Dip ticket locations will be throughout the venue, including Limited View Upper Level & Pit.”

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: October 5, 2021 09:14

That place is huge, plus its an added show on a midweek day..I bet they will be handing out shitty seats like candy on Haloween, just hope I get something worth bragging about....considering this likely will be my last show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-05 17:44 by snorton.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 5, 2021 09:48

If you strike out with your LDs, you should have no problem buying better tickets on show day. LA #1 is wide open.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 5, 2021 14:22

2 young guys beside me in Pit 2 dipped their way there. Lots of younger fans nearby losing their minds along with the rest of us - nice to see.

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: October 5, 2021 16:04

They're going to put you in the parking lot facing a wall.

Posted by: followyoudown ()
Date: October 6, 2021 17:33

I got LD's for Cotton bowl. Going with my Son. would really be bummed to strike out on LD's. I remember reading on the message forums on the first leg of the tour people talking about upgrading your LD's if you strike out. If I remember correctly it was said you could upgrade them somehow once you got in. Not sure how that works. Anyone know?-Thanks

Posted by: frijoless ()
Date: October 6, 2021 17:45

There's more conversation at this message list...

[iorr.org]

You're not upgrading your lucky dips per se, you would be going to guest relations for the venue itself and asking to move seats if possible. They typically will only entertain the possibility if you have nose-bleed seats, and claim sightline obstructions or difficulty accessing the seats due to a physical disability.

It's definitely worth trying if the venue is undersold, but if you end up with lower-bowl seats, they may look at you and question why you're wasting their time.

Posted by: followyoudown ()
Date: October 6, 2021 21:07

Thanks.

Posted by: Powerage5 ()
Date: October 7, 2021 04:35

frijoless
There's more conversation at this message list...

[iorr.org]

You're not upgrading your lucky dips per se, you would be going to guest relations for the venue itself and asking to move seats if possible. They typically will only entertain the possibility if you have nose-bleed seats, and claim sightline obstructions or difficulty accessing the seats due to a physical disability.

It's definitely worth trying if the venue is undersold, but if you end up with lower-bowl seats, they may look at you and question why you're wasting their time.
I have managed to get my LD seats upgraded when I was already in the lower bowl, in Columbus in 2015, but I had an actual, legitimate obstructed view that day - not trying to play the system at all. I was directly behind one of the delay towers, couldn't see the main part of the stage at all. No questions asked really. Most of the time you probably wouldn't be that successful.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: October 8, 2021 17:29

Looks like both pits are sold out for Nashville on Ticketmaster. Two friends and I all have LD pairs. Wonder what we’ll pull. There appear to be a few seats open in sections 111-114 and 133-136. Now that the pits are sold out, does that mean there is zero chance to pull pit LD’s? Where might the LD’s be?

Date: October 8, 2021 17:56

Of course your LDs still have a shot at the pit. They don't only fill the unsold seats with LDs. They mix it up. With LDs you really can end up anywhere.

Good luck!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-08 17:57 by Topi.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: October 8, 2021 20:35

In Pittsburgh, we ended up on Ronnie's side 2 sections from the stage 12 rows up. Nice seats but certainly not pit. Before the Stones came on ad during their set, ushers in the upper deck started moving people to the lower bowl, clearing out people in partly obscured sections of the upper deck. The closest floor section to us has maybe 30 people in it, instead of the maybe 200 that it had capacity for.

The show was far from a sellout. Usher said they wanted to fill-in sections visible from the stage.

I tried to work with the box office/will-call where we picked up out LDs right at 5:30 but the maybe 60 yr old guy at the window. claimed he know nothing about it. He was told just give each person the envelope that matched their ID - no negotiating or switching. He seemed sincere in following how he was told to operate.

People buying tix at the box office at 5:30 of the show night were paying around $70 a ticket for GA back of floor.

Loved Pittsburgh. People were friendly. Like many places, some restaurants struggling with limited staff. Bars near our hotel, 4 blocks from the stadium were closing at 11 pm, which was a disappointment that night, but in retrospect probably a good thing!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 8, 2021 21:21

Buffalo7478 $70 GA floor sounds close to what I was hearing too. I have no way to verify this because I didn't see the receipt but the two guys next to me swore that they each bought a pit ticket for $250 face at the box office day of show.

Posted by: sbryant89 ()
Date: October 8, 2021 22:42

I have LD pair for the Dallas show, and now it looks like I'll be going solo. Anyone else with LD pair going solo to the show? I would be very interested in joining forces, seeing who pulls the better seats, and then both reaping the benefit of the luckier pull!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 8, 2021 23:32

Yes, I'm down, sbryant89!

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: October 9, 2021 02:53

I really think this time around people that have LD tickets are getting good seats, even Pit. We were lined up at the teller window for St Louis. There was a couple in front of them & two couples in front of them. Those two sets of couples each got Pit tickets. The couple in front of us got lower concourse & we got lower concourse. The seats were great.

In Charlotte, we ended up with Pit. It could be coincidence, but I really believe people are getting better tickets this time around.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: October 9, 2021 03:04

I sure hope the streak comtinues...all the way to LA

Posted by: sbryant89 ()
Date: October 9, 2021 04:40

Justin
Yes, I'm down, sbryant89!

Perfect! Just sent you an email smileys with beer

Date: October 9, 2021 04:58

Sockers56
I really think this time around people that have LD tickets are getting good seats, even Pit. We were lined up at the teller window for St Louis. There was a couple in front of them & two couples in front of them. Those two sets of couples each got Pit tickets. The couple in front of us got lower concourse & we got lower concourse. The seats were great.

In Charlotte, we ended up with Pit. It could be coincidence, but I really believe people are getting better tickets this time around.

If sales are slow for a particular show, that's definitely gonna happen. From what I gather, Nashville has been selling better than the first 3 shows.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: October 9, 2021 05:27

Topi
Sockers56

If sales are slow for a particular show, that's definitely gonna happen. From what I gather, Nashville has been selling better than the first 3 shows.

That makes sense. BTW, Topi, I met Plexi at the St Louis show. When he found out I was Sockers56 he said I gotta take your pic & send it to Topi! Nice guy.

Date: October 9, 2021 07:10

Saw the photo, sounds like a good time was had by all!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 9, 2021 16:27

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-10 11:07 by snoopy2.

Posted by: MysteryTour84 ()
Date: October 9, 2021 19:09

Anyone get their email for the LDs yet?

Posted by: MysteryTour84 ()
Date: October 9, 2021 19:27

Nevermind, found it ! smiling smiley

Posted by: Tilla ()
Date: October 9, 2021 20:29

snoopy2
I have one extra lucky dip for Nashville tonight but I have to warn you are taking a little bit of a chance ..I Purchased them off of someone on this site who can't make the show so I'm hoping that the transfer goes well smiling smiley
but if you're willing to take a chance I'll be in Nashville about 4pm -- my email is in my profile

Are there many success stories of transferring LDs via Ticketmaster?
I never even received a reply from them and am a bit reluctant to call as I imagine it might end up costing more to call from Europe than what I paid for the actual tickets spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Might try messaging again closer to the date as I reckon it would bump up the urgency queue.

Either way - if anyone knows a magic trick, happy to give my LA ones away (17th) as clearly that's not gonna happen for me.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 9, 2021 21:17

MysteryTour84
Nevermind, found it ! smiling smiley

Could you tell me what it says? I didn't get it sad smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334Next
Current Page: 31 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1646
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home