Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334Next
Current Page: 29 of 34
Re: Lucky Dip Tickets 2020/2021
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 28, 2021 17:27

I bought a board members extra LD, and we ended up pulling sec 141 lowers bowl.
Really good seats (that I never sat in) I thought, and will likely pull similar at some of the other shows and be very happy with.

I had bought a GA floor as a back-up and decided to check out the floor before likely heading up to the seat.

The guy at the table putting on floor wristbands asked me if I was here by myself and then said "I'm going to hook you up".. and gave me a pink one that he said was good for the "front of the floor" (??). I said.. Pit? No, he said, but front of it.
Confused I kept walking on the floor up to the seated area, no one knew what to make go my LD and "special" floor bands as I breezed thru to the front. I then looked real quick on TM to see what seats hadn't sold, and grabbed one in sec A on the aisle. Kept an eye on TM and it was still available right up until the openers took the stage, and then TM stopped selling tix for the event.

Didn't use the seat much, it was right in front of Pit 2, but danced in the aisle for most of the show. Still don't know if there was any special "front of the GA floor section", but the band certainly worked in allowing me to move around the floor easily winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-28 18:30 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 28, 2021 17:40

Moral of the story: make sure you get on the floor! winking smiley

You never know!

Date: September 28, 2021 18:42

MisterDDDD: did your pink wristband say anything?

Posted by: filbert ()
Date: September 28, 2021 19:18

anybody have 2 xtra lucky dips for Pittsburgh? Taking my 15 year old to his first show!

Date: September 28, 2021 20:22

They did.. I think the guy telling me that these were for a "special up front" GA floor section was pulling my leg as I was early.
But would be curious if some special GA floor even section existed (?).
Him telling me these were "special" was all the encouragement and confidence I needed to make that statement be accurate.. thumbs up

Topi
MisterDDDD: did your pink wristband say anything?

Date: September 28, 2021 21:33

There is this cordoned-off section reserved for friends and family (in 2019 it used to be right next to the B-stage), but doubtful they would have comped you there?

Posted by: SS ()
Date: September 28, 2021 21:54

I have 2 LD's for Charlotte if anyone wants them. Have to attend a funeral in Nashville. Please email me....

Posted by: followyoudown ()
Date: September 28, 2021 22:10

Now I am confused. I have LD's for Dallas for me and my son. Never had any LD's before. My understanding is you simply go to will call and show them your ID and possibly credit card and pick up your luck of the draw tickets at that time. If you sell your LD's to someone else, their ID won't match your name (on a list?). Can someone enlighten me?

Date: September 28, 2021 22:21

followyoudown
Now I am confused. I have LD's for Dallas for me and my son. Never had any LD's before. My understanding is you simply go to will call and show them your ID and possibly credit card and pick up your luck of the draw tickets at that time. If you sell your LD's to someone else, their ID won't match your name (on a list?). Can someone enlighten me?

You are right. Buyer's name and credit card number are on the list at the box office and they will ID you.

However, some people have succeeded in getting Ticketmaster to change the name of the person who picks up the tickets. It's a bit tricky but it's been done. The hardest part these days is to actually pin down a real person at TM. The live chat is gone and they take forever to pick up phone calls.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-28 22:22 by Topi.

Posted by: Djuro ()
Date: September 28, 2021 22:24

How it worked before and is possibly now, you add alternate pick up person to pick up the tickets instead of you. You do that by contacting TM and saying that would like to add alternate person to pick up the tickets.

Date: September 28, 2021 22:33

And whatever you do, don't tell TM you sold the tickets!

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: September 28, 2021 22:37

SS
I have 2 LD's for Charlotte if anyone wants them. Have to attend a funeral in Nashville. Please email me....

I would be interested but your email is hidden. bengigan@hotmail.com

Posted by: followyoudown ()
Date: September 28, 2021 22:40

AAHHH. I get it now. Thanks everyone.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 28, 2021 22:45

My two friends are hoping to join me in Vegas if anyone has a pair of LDs that they can't use and would like to sell. thanks!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: September 28, 2021 22:52

Topi
There is this cordoned-off section reserved for friends and family (in 2019 it used to be right next to the B-stage), but doubtful they would have comped you there?

Yeah... that would seem unlikely.
Although at some (Chicago for ex) the f&f section seemed to be more of the promoters etc.
Drunk girls going back and forth.. (*got physical w a few of us if you recall).
But you could be right.. still would have preferred the seat I got, but wish I had investigated it more.

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: September 28, 2021 22:53

MisterDDDD
Topi

Although at some (Chicago for ex) the f&f section seemed to be more of the promoters etc.
But you could be right.. still would have preferred the seat I got, but wish I had investigated it more.

Hey Mike!
How does your upgrade in STL compare to our upgrade in Chicago 2019, also the first show of that tour winking smiley

Date: September 28, 2021 23:28

bengigan
MisterDDDD
Topi

Hey Mike!
How does your upgrade in STL compare to our upgrade in Chicago 2019, also the first show of that tour winking smiley

Hey Ben!! Was looking out for you there man, hope to see you in LA or Vegas smileys with beer

Yeah.. not quite as goodwinking smiley Was great tho..and I could have pushed for similar here after the lesson I got from you in Chi, but chose to sit my old arse down where I could easily (kinda) distance myself in my mostly masked area and dance in the aisle.

Now.. in LA with the vax proofs etc., I am looking forward to pit for at least one of those cool smiley

Posted by: Harpo ()
Date: September 28, 2021 23:34

I am interested. Email is not hidden.
Harpo

Posted by: Harpo ()
Date: September 28, 2021 23:38

bengigan
SS

I would be interested but your email is hidden. [email protected]

I am interested as well. harlan.willis@comcast.net

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: September 29, 2021 00:28

I have a single Lucky Dip ticket available at cost ($43) - you would have to enter with me & be at the venue around 5pm. If interested, email me at wickerman767@aim.com .

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: September 29, 2021 00:29

141s we’re pretty solid seats for a lucky dip!

Glad it all worked out

MisterDDDD
I bought a board members extra LD, and we ended up pulling sec 141 lowers bowl.
Really good seats (that I never sat in) I thought, and will likely pull similar at some of the other shows and be very happy with.

I had bought a GA floor as a back-up and decided to check out the floor before likely heading up to the seat.

The guy at the table putting on floor wristbands asked me if I was here by myself and then said "I'm going to hook you up".. and gave me a pink one that he said was good for the "front of the floor" (??). I said.. Pit? No, he said, but front of it.
Confused I kept walking on the floor up to the seated area, no one knew what to make go my LD and "special" floor bands as I breezed thru to the front. I then looked real quick on TM to see what seats hadn't sold, and grabbed one in sec A on the aisle. Kept an eye on TM and it was still available right up until the openers took the stage, and then TM stopped selling tix for the event.

Didn't use the seat much, it was right in front of Pit 2, but danced in the aisle for most of the show. Still don't know if there was any special "front of the GA floor section", but the band certainly worked in allowing me to move around the floor easily winking smiley

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: September 29, 2021 00:57

Our seats in 141 were great, but you found a dandy alternative.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: September 29, 2021 00:58

wickerman
I have a single Lucky Dip ticket available at cost ($43) - you would have to enter with me & be at the venue around 5pm. If interested, email me at wickerman767@aim.com .

For which show? I am looking for a single for Vegas.

Date: September 29, 2021 00:59

Topi

Just heard from a friend with evidence that that was actually very likely the case.

A few takeaways here..
1- as you mentioned, always try to get on the floor.
2- They can upgrade even general floor tickets to the VIP area.
3- Wait until you get in and situated before "indulging" smoking smiley

All good though.. not kicking myself too much as it turned out really quite well.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: September 29, 2021 02:33

Upgrading GA tickets..does this come at an added expense, or just from the kindness of the person issuing the tickets?

Posted by: jon12345 ()
Date: September 29, 2021 03:44

snorton
Upgrading GA tickets..does this come at an added expense, or just from the kindness of the person issuing the tickets?

Sometimes it's to fill the pit so it doesn't look sparse. Sometimes it's because tickets didn't sell well. Sometimes it's to pack the pits with attractive women. In Chicago 2019, heard about a work friend's wife getting approached by a crew member asking if she'd like to be moved to the front section. When she asked if her other friend and husband could come too, the crew guy remarked "Is she hot like you too?"

Posted by: Sodacityflyguy ()
Date: September 29, 2021 04:44

If anyone has an xtra LD ticket reach out or a set if you can't go. My close friend who missed Bruce on Broadway got the OK from the boss his wife he can go to Minneapolis with me.

Jason

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: September 29, 2021 06:43

I need to share my LD experience. First, I want to say it was nice meeting up at the Barbecue place and at the Marriott with so many IORR.ORG members. It was really great putting faces to all the names. What a great bunch.

My friend Mike and myself got to the will call window about 6:00 pm. We chatted with a couple in front of us. In front of them were two sets of couples. The first couple opened their envelope & they screamed out they scored Pit tickets. The couple behind them got their envelope and again Pit tickets. The couple in front of us got lower concourse. Now it was our turn. It wasn't meant to be. We ended up in lower concourse, section 140. They were excellent seats, but we were so close to getting Pit tickets!!

On the way over I dropped my mask & went back to get it. My friend has an N95 mask, but those are too bulky. I went back to get it. Who knows. Maybe we would have ended up with pit tickets if I didn't waste time going back!! I regret, but on the other hand the section we were in was awesome.

Date: September 29, 2021 07:24

MisterDDDD
Topi

Just heard from a friend with evidence that that was actually very likely the case.

Was reading similar comments on Facebook as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-29 07:24 by Topi.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 29, 2021 08:45

When searching for LD are they labeled a certain way to be recognized as such?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334Next
Current Page: 29 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home