Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 34
Re: Lucky Dip Tickets 2020/2021
Posted by: Sodacityflyguy ()
Date: August 1, 2021 09:47

rustytrinket86
Sodacityflyguy
Got Charlotte,Tampa, Nashville, Atlanta, LA and Austin LD's. I may have to refund my Charlotte and Atlanta because I just got told a few minutes ago I will be driving the Stones to/from their shows in Charlotte and Atlanta. Also gonna be good to catch up with the tour manager who I've known a few years from working with him on numerous other artist's tours.. It's Only Rock and Roll But I Like It

Amazing! What a blast. But geez can’t he put you in Pit or something? You’re driving them for gods sake! Lol.

I never take comps. I always pay to get in. Now once inside if I'm offered some extra goodies I'll gladly take them. But i don't expect nor ask for anything. Just a Respect thing for me.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 1, 2021 10:08

Topi

Do we want to get to the story where Paris #1 security wouldn't let No Filter Pit ticket/wristband holders into the pit because their tickets/wristbands said "NO" Filter Pit? winking smiley

I have heard that story a couple of times but it always sounded like a urban myth to me

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 1, 2021 10:35

No, it was real. Happened to people I know. Also, see the Paris #1 live reports thread for other examples of the "Paris Pit Palaver":

[iorr.org]

[iorr.org]

Sounded like a total mess. I only went to Paris #2 which apparently was organized a bit better.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-01 10:51 by Topi.

Date: August 1, 2021 14:24

I have just applied for refunds on my Lucky Dip tickets for Tampa and Atlanta as not able to make the new dates. No idea how long it will take for them to drop back into the TM inventory, assuming they do! Good luck!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 1, 2021 17:04

Topi
No, it was real. Happened to people I know. Also, see the Paris #1 live reports thread for other examples of the "Paris Pit Palaver":

[iorr.org]

[iorr.org]

Sounded like a total mess. I only went to Paris #2 which apparently was organized a bit better.

Not much better Topi! I went to all 3 and lucky dipped 1 & 2 and both were both a complete shambles in my experience. The venue was brand new and only just completed in a rush at the last minute. I had a full price GC for show 3 and didn't turn up until much later because I expected the same aggro at 1 & 2. But seemingly 3 was much better. Still scored a good spot.

I believe the venue's already been renamed twice since it opened and later gigs were much better organised.

Date: August 2, 2021 10:36

Manofwealthandtaste
I have just applied for refunds on my Lucky Dip tickets for Tampa and Atlanta as not able to make the new dates. No idea how long it will take for them to drop back into the TM inventory, assuming they do! Good luck!

It will probably take at least a few weeks.

I applied for a refund for my Minnesota dip on July 22 and it's still pending. Monitoring the status every day.

Posted by: Iguanamom ()
Date: August 4, 2021 00:21

I just requested Lucky dip refund for Atlanta. I still have LA & Detroit dips & tics. Hope someone here can get them. Rock on!

Posted by: blakeo82 ()
Date: August 4, 2021 02:33

I have a set of lucky dips for Minneapolis that I’m looking to trade for 1 or 2 to Nashville.

PM me at gateway_coty_signatures@yahoo.com if interested in a trade only. I will not be selling, please don’t ask.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: August 4, 2021 05:09

Question for Topi: When I click on www.ticketmaster.com and click on Vegas for example, it says no tickets available. I assume that means no Lucky Dips have been put up for sale from people refunding them. However, if I click on Detroit, it lists tickets for other shows. Why the difference between Vegas and Detroit?

Date: July 25, 2021 11:15

Sockers56 actually came up with a great idea.

We now have ALL Lucky Dip links in one place here:

[www.ticketmaster.com]

I hadn't realized it before, but it seems that if you add the extension "?did=lucky" to the artist's tour itinerary/show list address, and then click on a particular show, the TM website seems to keep the extension, thus taking you to the Lucky Dip link.

(And no, no LD's currently available. This is why it takes you to regular tickets at the moment.

Watch those links though, because as people start getting refunds on theirs, TM puts the dips back on sale. This may take from a couple of weeks to a month.)

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 4, 2021 05:18

" Why the difference between Vegas and Detroit?"

Vegas and LA are the only two shows that have offered LD's recently.
The links to them are still "live" so to speak.

The other shows have been re-directing to all tix available to that show for quite some time.
(not sure about redirecting to "other shows", doesn't do that for me)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-04 17:32 by MisterDDDD.

Date: August 5, 2021 11:37

Sockers56: first of all, you have to remember that Vegas isn't a refundable show since it was a new show. Therefore, there will likely not be any more Vegas Lucky Dips. The same goes for LA.

Refunds are only available for the previously postponed and now rescheduled shows. And it may still take a couple of weeks before we see any Lucky Dips reappear for them.

As to why the links work the way they do, I cannot answer that. It seems that Austin is another show that just says "sold out" if you click the Lucky Dip link. Tampa used to be the same way, too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-05 11:42 by Topi.

Date: August 5, 2021 13:57

Topi
Sockers56: first of all, you have to remember that Vegas isn't a refundable show since it was a new show. Therefore, there will likely not be any more Vegas Lucky Dips. The same goes for LA.

Refunds are only available for the previously postponed and now rescheduled shows. And it may still take a couple of weeks before we see any Lucky Dips reappear for them.

As to why the links work the way they do, I cannot answer that. It seems that Austin is another show that just says "sold out" if you click the Lucky Dip link. Tampa used to be the same way, too.

Thanks, Topi!

Date: August 6, 2021 06:03

MisterDDDD
" Why the difference between Vegas and Detroit?"

Vegas and LA are the only two shows that have offered LD's recently.
The links to them are still "live" so to speak.

The other shows have been re-directing to all tix available to that show for quite some time.
(not sure about redirecting to "other shows", doesn't do that for me)

Thank you, MisterDDDD

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 10, 2021 21:28

Have a friend with dips for STL..his credit card company sent him a new card. What does he need to show to pick up dips? He does not have the old card anymore but this is just a new one with new number.

Date: August 10, 2021 21:32

Order confirmation and ID can't hurt. They don't always bother checking credit cards.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: August 10, 2021 22:42

slewan
Topi

Do we want to get to the story where Paris #1 security wouldn't let No Filter Pit ticket/wristband holders into the pit because their tickets/wristbands said "NO" Filter Pit? winking smiley

I have heard that story a couple of times but it always sounded like a urban myth to me

No not a Urban Myth. I observed it first hand. It happened to at least one person in front of me. He had arrived early in the afternoon to get a prime spot in the pit. Fortunately his wife made it through and secured the spot.
As I remember this was the opening night for the venue and security was not
well trained. It was a confused mess.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 11, 2021 21:40

That's right, it only happened at the first of the 3 gigs. Security and ticket takers got it cleaned up after the first night.

plexi

Date: August 12, 2021 09:09

I now got an email from Ticketmaster saying that they have now received the funds for my refund. Be interesting to see when they put the Minnesota Lucky Dips back up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-12 09:10 by Topi.

Posted by: FloridaStoner ()
Date: August 13, 2021 05:05

I returned my Nashvillr LD today. So keep eye open maybe all these alD returns someone will get lucky and get them if they go back on sale. See ya all in TPA.

Posted by: MysteryTour84 ()
Date: August 14, 2021 15:52

As a Canadian travelling down to the States for these shows (LDs. Minni, Dallas, Atlanta, Nashville, and Austin)… I will be waiting until the very last day to request a refund for these shows that I can’t attend (currently) which are Dallas and Nashville
- Minni I will be driving to as I live in Manitoba (5 to 6 hour drive), this of course is only possible if the Canadian Border is opened (travel to) on August 21 which is coincidentally the same day for the last day to request a refund.
- I wish to wait to the above last day (CDN border) as IF and I mean a big IF the borders don’t open by then as I can still request a refund for the current tour schedule dates after the 21st.
- As said, Nashville and Dallas doesn’t really work for me anymore so I’ll be dropping those back on the last day to request returns likely.

Hopefully the tour is still a go by later this year and no more cancellations happen from the venues!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 14, 2021 21:16

MysteryTour84
As a Canadian travelling down to the States for these shows (LDs. Minni, Dallas, Atlanta, Nashville, and Austin)… I will be waiting until the very last day to request a refund for these shows that I can’t attend (currently) which are Dallas and Nashville
- Minni I will be driving to as I live in Manitoba (5 to 6 hour drive), this of course is only possible if the Canadian Border is opened (travel to) on August 21 which is coincidentally the same day for the last day to request a refund.
- I wish to wait to the above last day (CDN border) as IF and I mean a big IF the borders don’t open by then as I can still request a refund for the current tour schedule dates after the 21st.
- As said, Nashville and Dallas doesn’t really work for me anymore so I’ll be dropping those back on the last day to request returns likely.

Hopefully the tour is still a go by later this year and no more cancellations happen from the venues!

let me know when you return the Minn pair. I need them. My email is not hidden.

plexi

Transfer LD's?
Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: August 16, 2021 16:39

My plan was to visit 4 shows using LD's with a friend from New Jersey. Since the tickets are on my name and I cannot attend the shows because of travel resitrections, i can not pick up the tickets...

Does anyone know how i can transfer to my friend in New Jersey so he can attend the shows?

Thank you,

Menno

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-16 16:40 by MononoM.

Re: Transfer LD's?
Date: August 16, 2021 16:49

MononoM
My plan was to visit 4 shows using LD's with a friend from New Jersey. Since the tickets are on my name and I cannot attend the shows because of travel resitrections, i can not pick up the tickets...

Does anyone know how i can transfer to my friend in New Jersey so he can attend the shows?

Thank you,

Menno

Call TM and have your friends name added to the order(s) for pick up.

Additionally, give your friend a copy (digital is fine) of the c card used to purchase (you can block out the numbers, but leave the last four showing, as that's all they need).

To be extra safe, you can also send along a notarized statement stating that your friend will be picking up your tickets, not really necessary but that covers all the bases.

This has worked for me several times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-16 16:52 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: MLH ()
Date: August 16, 2021 21:54

I have Lucky Dip tickets to the Detroit show, which I cannot attend. For some reason, refunds are not being allowed for this show. I don't want these tickets to go to waste, so free to a good home I guess. I know you're supposed to have id and original cc to pick up the tickets, but I've seem them pretty lax about this in years past. If someone wants these, please let me know.

Posted by: Powerage5 ()
Date: August 17, 2021 01:47

MLH
I have Lucky Dip tickets to the Detroit show, which I cannot attend. For some reason, refunds are not being allowed for this show. I don't want these tickets to go to waste, so free to a good home I guess. I know you're supposed to have id and original cc to pick up the tickets, but I've seem them pretty lax about this in years past. If someone wants these, please let me know.

I would very much be interested if there's a way to transfer them. In 2019 weren't you allowed to transfer LD's through TM if you couldn't attend the new date?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-17 01:49 by Powerage5.

Date: August 17, 2021 02:44

MLH

Hi MLH, I live near Detroit & am interested in the tickets. My only concern is last time I had LD tickets, I had to give my name, so not sure how the transfer will work. Topi, MisterDDDD? Any thoughts?

Date: August 17, 2021 03:05

Sockers56
MLH

Hi MLH, I live near Detroit & am interested in the tickets. My only concern is last time I had LD tickets, I had to give my name, so not sure how the transfer will work. Topi, MisterDDDD? Any thoughts?

Some places or definitely more lax than others.
I would have MLH add your name to the order.

Decent chance just adding your name to the order for pick up will do it, but you'd have to be prepared to be denied. In that case, it's very likely there will be last minute deals on tix for these shows, so still a potential win.

Date: August 17, 2021 13:35

MLH, I would contact Ticketmaster via their online chat and ask about the possibility of a transfer/name change.

Date: August 17, 2021 14:11

Thanks, Topi & MisterDDDD for the info.

Posted by: Powerage5 ()
Date: August 17, 2021 17:57

I hate to be “that guy”, but can I point out I was the first to respond about MLH’s tickets up for sale both in here and in the Detroit thread?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1980
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home