Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 34
Re: Lucky Dip Tickets 2020/2021
Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: July 31, 2021 06:53

Topi
Donnebr
Topi
Donnebr
I must be thick because I am lost with this whole LD thing.

What is it that you're asking exactly?

Looking for LD for Pittsburg but when I search for tickets I don’t see the link.

Look, Pittsburgh Lucky Dips went on sale last year. They first announced the tour in February 2020 and tickets went on sale then.

Thanks Topi. I appreciate the information. I get it now. Cheers

Pittsburgh Lucky Dips, as well as the Lucky Dips for any of the rescheduled shows, are long gone now.

Today was the onsale for Lucky Dips to the newly announced shows: LA and Vegas.

Your only shot at Pittsburgh Lucky Dips are if anybody still decides they cannot make the rescheduled date and get a refund.

Tried explaining this before. See the Lucky Dip thread.

Any Pittsburgh Lucky Dip tickets will be available in this link: [www.ticketmaster.com]

But I'd give it a few more weeks before the refunds start coming in and Ticketmaster puts those LDs back in play.

And remember they will be guaranteed scarce.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 31, 2021 09:51

Sockers56
For Topi & others: What can we learn from the LD experience? I had 2 browsers open: One to the Rolling Stones web site & the other at Ticketmaster with the LD extension. It's true I got SoFi LD & I am grateful for that. I also had my phone on as well. Repeatedly, kept getting LD for Vegas only to get an error message to adjust quantity or someone else got the tickets. Should I have paid more attention to the RS LD links. I don't recall seeing them before 1:00 PM (my time). But, then again, things were happening so fast. I don't mean to keep beating this dead horse even more but would like to know how I could have improved my chances. Thank you for all your time.

The links I posted (the ones with the extension) and the links on the Stones site were the exact same ones. (Of course they were). So it wouldn't have mattered which way you accessed the sale. Same link.

I think the "adjust quantity"/"someone else got the tickets" error messages are just error messages related to the availability or the system just not being able to secure a certain pair of tickets into your cart.

Some people were getting the "unable to process request on this device" which I believe is a browser/cookie issue.

Just a queation, Sockers56: were you logged in on the same Ticketmaster account on separate devices, or did you use separate Ticketmaster accounts?

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-31 15:42 by Topi.

Date: July 31, 2021 10:00

MisterDDDD

I did similar, and only went through the Stones LD link (was unaware TM even had a link, first time- I believe).

No,TM did not really have a LD link,but you could kind of get them to have one, see my post above on page 22.

Topi
Sockers56 actually came up with a great idea.

We now have ALL Lucky Dip links in one place here:

[www.ticketmaster.com]

I hadn't realized it before, but it seems that if you add the extension "?did=lucky" to the artist's tour itinerary/show list address, and then click on a particular show, the TM website seems to keep the extension, thus taking you to the Lucky Dip link.

Just the old "extension trick" applied in a new way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-31 10:05 by Topi.

Date: July 31, 2021 10:20

You might want to keep in mind that this is really pretty much it for LA and Vegas Lucky Dips.

These shows were newly scheduled shows, never postponed or rescheduled, so refunds won't be available.

(Now there's still a possibility that some credit cards don't clear/people bought over their limit and TM cancels those orders, but really, the chances of any LA/Vegas dips reappearing are quite slim.)

What you may want to watch for other shows is when the refunds start coming in a couple of weeks from now. Then get on the link I posted on page 22 and above. That's all the Lucky Dip links in one place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-31 10:28 by Topi.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 31, 2021 10:25

Topi
You might want to keep in mind that is is really pretty much it for LA and Vegas Lucky Dips.

These shows were newly scheduled shows, never postponed or rescheduled, so refunds won't be available.

(Now there's still a possibility that some credit cards don't clear/people bought over their limit and TM cancels those orders, but really, the chances of any LA/Vegas dips reappearing are quite slim.)

What you may want to watch for other shows is when the refunds start coming in a couple of weeks from now. Then get on the link I posted on page 22 and above. That's all the Lucky Dip links in one place.

in case tickets aren't selling very well, more LD tickets might be pop up. (At least that's what happened for the shows in London in 2018)

Date: July 31, 2021 10:28

I am aware that some of the UK shows dropped Lucky Dips closer to show day back in 2018. Coventry and Southampton too? (I didn't even remember London did).

EDIT: I went back to the old threads, and it seems that in Paris 2017, LDs were dropped just days before the first show, and even so, that you could actually buy pit tickets for the price of a Lucky Dip:

[iorr.org]

Dublin 2018 dropped some LDs a few weeks before the show.

[iorr.org]

As well as the UK shows, apparently all 8 of them, not just London:

[iorr.org]

The rule of thumb, however, is that LDs are sold out on day 1 of the general onsale and no more will appear.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-31 15:40 by Topi.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 31, 2021 16:38

Topi
I am aware that some of the UK shows dropped Lucky Dips closer to show day back in 2018. Coventry and Southampton too? (I didn't even remember London did).

EDIT: I went back to the old threads, and it seems that in Paris 2017, LDs were dropped just days before the first show, and even so, that you could actually buy pit tickets for the price of a Lucky Dip:

[iorr.org]

[iorr.org]

[iorr.org]

The rule of thumb, however, is that LDs are sold out on day 1 of the general onsale and no more will appear.

True.. I remember Cardiff had a couple drops along with Groupons etc.

A bit of special circumstances on that UK leg though with so many shows relatively close together.
This leg, also a bit unusual obviously, it wouldn't surprise me if we see another round for some venues to fill the seats.
Austin comes to mind, as well as potentially a couple more.

Date: July 31, 2021 16:51

Topi

[iorr.org]

[iorr.org]

[iorr.org]

the LD tickets for London had numbers on them – something like 123/1000, which means they sold 1000 LD tickets. In 2017 it was usually just 400.
In Berlin (2018) nearly all LD tickets were pit tickets!

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: July 31, 2021 19:35

Topi
Sockers56
For Topi & others: What can we learn from the LD experience? I had 2 browsers open: One to the Rolling Stones web site & the other at Ticketmaster with the LD extension. It's true I got SoFi LD & I am grateful for that. I also had my phone on as well. Repeatedly, kept getting LD for Vegas only to get an error message to adjust quantity or someone else got the tickets. Should I have paid more attention to the RS LD links. I don't recall seeing them before 1:00 PM (my time). But, then again, things were happening so fast. I don't mean to keep beating this dead horse even more but would like to know how I could have improved my chances. Thank you for all your time.

The links I posted (the ones with the extension) and the links on the Stones site were the exact same ones. (Of course they were). So it wouldn't have mattered which way you accessed the sale. Same link.

I think the "adjust quantity"/"someone else got the tickets" error messages are just error messages related to the availability or the system just not being able to secure a certain pair of tickets into your cart.

Some people were getting the "unable to process request on this device" which I believe is a browser/cookie issue.

Just a queation, Sockers56: were you logged in on the same Ticketmaster account on separate devices, or did you use separate Ticketmaster accounts?

On my wife's phone, I was signed in to a different Ticket Master account under her name. I was getting the same error message on her phone. I also had my laptop open to two different browsers: One For RS.COM & the other was a TM account with the extension. The strange is when SoFI appeared I was able to snag those tickets.

Date: July 31, 2021 20:00

Sockers56

On my wife's phone, I was signed in to a different Ticket Master account under her name. I was getting the same error message on her phone. I also had my laptop open to two different browsers: One For RS.COM & the other was a TM account with the extension. The strange is when SoFI appeared I was able to snag those tickets.

Is it possible you had the ticket quantity box for the pair set incorrectly on the smaller phone screen?
If it was set on "1" or anything other than "2", (which was pre-populated so unlikely ) on the smaller screen? That is where the "adjust quantity" message would come up. The "someone else got the tickets" message is common.

In '18, they had a glitch at the beginning of the sale where the quantity box could be adjusted to "1" and they processed the orders (for a bit before fixing) selling an individual Lucky Dip ticket. They honored them, and mine then turned into a Pit ticket for my first night in Manchester. cool smiley

Date: July 31, 2021 21:06

You really couldn't adjust the quantity of tickets yesterday. It was preset to a pair.

Date: July 31, 2021 21:12

Topi
You really couldn't adjust the quantity of tickets yesterday. It was preset to a pair.

As I mentioned about the pre-populated box, but not certain it couldn't be adjusted manually.
Not to be contrary , but almost certain it could.
Especially on the mobile app, a lot of people have gotten confused and adjusted it to "1" (at least in the past) thinking that is for "1" pair.
That's how the '18 glitch was discovered.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-31 21:20 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 31, 2021 21:20

Damn you Mister D for getting both LA and Vegas!! I was only able to get LA. I am going to look at buying lowers close to the edge of the stage on Keith's side, but I know it's going to be very expensive.

Alternately, a friend here in Montana got a pair for Vegas and he is going to offer it to family members first, but if not, then he will sell them to me.

plexi

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: July 31, 2021 22:01

I have dips for all three shows I am attending. (STL, LA, Vegas). Hoping I get pit in at least one. We shall see.

Date: July 31, 2021 22:02

I still say there was no way to adjust the number of tickets, but then again I don't have the TM App and I don't know how that works.

The 2018 UK glitch actually allowed people to choose anywhere between 1 to 6 Lucky Dips at first!

But mind you, the 2018 UK ticketing was not handled by Ticketmaster, it was AXS. So there's no way people could have discovered the "1 to 6 Lucky Dips" glitch on their TM mobile App.

Sockers56 hasn't said he adjusted the number of tickets at all. From what I gather he just saw the dips on the search results, theb clicked further to "add to cart" and then encountered the "adjust your search" message.

To me it sounds like a case of when, at the moment you submit a request for tickets, the ticketing computer can't find the tickets you requested.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-31 22:05 by Topi.

Date: July 31, 2021 22:03

timbernardis
Damn you Mister D for getting both LA and Vegas!! I was only able to get LA. I am going to look at buying lowers close to the edge of the stage on Keith's side, but I know it's going to be very expensive.

Alternately, a friend here in Montana got a pair for Vegas and he is going to offer it to family members first, but if not, then he will sell them to me.

plexi

Hope that works out plexi.
And thanks for the sincere congrats winking smiley

Date: July 31, 2021 22:11

Topi
I still say there was no way to adjust the number of tickets, but then again I don't have the TM App and I don't know how that works.

The 2018 UK glitch actually allowed people to choose anywhere between 1 to 6 Lucky Dips at first!

But mind you, the 2018 UK ticketing was not handled by Ticketmaster, it was AXS. So there's no way people could have discovered the "1 to 6 Lucky Dips" glitch on their TM App.

Sockers56 hasn't said he adjusted the number of tickets at all. From what I gather he just clicked further and then encountered the "adjust your search" message.

To me it sounds a case of when, at the moment you submit a request for tickets, the ticketing computer can't find the tickets you requested.

Yeah.. the app is different.
In remembering back to when I got the single LD via the app, when you click on pre-populated box, a quantity wheel pops up and you can set it to anything. Also remember trying with other shows etc immediately after that for that tour, and after they fixed the glitch (which was pretty quickly) that exact quantity error came up when I tried for "1" Only time I've ever run across it.

*hmm.. well if it was Axs, they had a similar deal and tickets were adjustable in their app or on the screen.

Listen...
Weeds been legal here for a long time smoking smiley

*Took a walk down memory lane in that thread (great tour for me), and man there was a lot of confusion during that LD sale.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-31 22:28 by MisterDDDD.

Date: July 31, 2021 22:27

It was AXS, not AEG. And the # of LD tix was adjustable on their website too smiling smiley

Smoke'em if you got'em bud!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-31 22:28 by Topi.

Date: July 31, 2021 22:30

Topi
It was AXS, not AEG. And the # of LD tix was adjustable on their website too smiling smiley

Smoke'em if you got'em bud!

Yeah, again smoking smiley
AXS was bought out by AEG and is now one and the same.. wasn't at the time tho winking smiley

Also.. I always have 'em spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-31 22:32 by MisterDDDD.

Date: July 31, 2021 22:33

The best LD glitch ever has to be Paris 2017 though. Buying a pit ticket for the price of LD. Wow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-31 22:33 by Topi.

Date: July 31, 2021 22:39

Topi
The best LD glitch ever has to be Paris 2017. Buying a pit ticket for the price of LD. Wow.

Right??

Lucky Dips were on fire for me last tour (except Chicago) and I got kind of spoiled near the end.
That aside, I was thinking they might reward the LD fans who set on their tix for so long by making them all pits. Not that a lot didn't sit on other tix, but it would be a nice gesture as they realize it's almost exclusively hard core fans that get in on these.

Date: July 31, 2021 23:42

Topi
The best LD glitch ever has to be Paris 2017 though. Buying a pit ticket for the price of LD. Wow.

yeah, I remember – that I missed that. Thus I bought golden circle tickets from BV

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: August 1, 2021 01:36

Topi

But mind you, the 2018 UK ticketing was not handled by Ticketmaster, it was AXS. So there's no way people could have discovered the "1 to 6 Lucky Dips" glitch on their TM mobile App.

Sockers56 hasn't said he adjusted the number of tickets at all. From what I gather he just saw the dips on the search results, theb clicked further to "add to cart" and then encountered the "adjust your search" message.

To me it sounds like a case of when, at the moment you submit a request for tickets, the ticketing computer can't find the tickets you requested.

No, the quantity was set on 2 & was greyed out. I even tried to click on it, but nothing happened. This, by the way, happened with the laptop & phone.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 1, 2021 02:13

Yes I remember for Paris 2017 people were able to buy lucky dips and choose the section they wanted at the time of purchase so people were buying pit tickets for around €50 which was good as I remember many people bought pit for face value during the initial sale only to have them outrageously rescinded by the ticket agent.

Nate

Date: August 1, 2021 03:42

Nate
Yes I remember for Paris 2017 people were able to buy lucky dips and choose the section they wanted at the time of purchase so people were buying pit tickets for around €50 which was good as I remember many people bought pit for face value during the initial sale only to have them outrageously rescinded by the ticket agent.

Nate

Oh NO!
They were rescinded??.. Damn.. then the single ticket glitch moves back into best glitch contention.

Date: August 1, 2021 09:09

No, MisterDDDD, the Lucky Dip-priced pits were not rescinded, they were fine to use. This happened in October 2017 IIRC, just weeks before the shows.

What was rescinded was face value pit tickets sold months earlier, in the spring of 2017, because the venue wanted to simply sell more VIP packs at first. So they said they "mistakenly" had put the face value pits on sale at one point. Some people bought them, but their orders were then cancelled with some bogus explanation. It's all in the Paris 2017 thread.

Do we want to get to the story where Paris #1 security wouldn't let No Filter Pit ticket/wristband holders into the pit because their tickets/wristbands said "NO" Filter Pit? winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-01 09:13 by Topi.

Posted by: Sodacityflyguy ()
Date: August 1, 2021 09:34

Unless something has changed in the last 2 weeks he still is. Great Guy

Date: August 1, 2021 09:36

Hopefully LD's pop up closer to the shows that are lagging in ticket sales

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-01 09:40 by Sodacityflyguy.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 1, 2021 09:42

Sodacityflyguy
Unless something has changed in the last 2 weeks he still is. Great Guy

I agree!

Date: August 1, 2021 09:45

kv2915
Sodacityflyguy
Got Charlotte,Tampa, Nashville, Atlanta, LA and Austin LD's. I may have to refund my Charlotte and Atlanta because I just got told a few minutes ago I will be driving the Stones to/from their shows in Charlotte and Atlanta. Also gonna be good to catch up with the tour manager who I've known a few years from working with him on numerous other artist's tours.. It's Only Rock and Roll But I Like It

Is Marty Hon still doing it?

Yes.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1906
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home