Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 34
Re: Lucky Dip Tickets 2020/2021
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 22, 2021 22:02

kv2915
So when LD tix are thrown back, how do they appear on TM? I assume they don’t have a button for just one or a pair?

Again, read back on this thread. No, the button won't reappear. You have to know how to construct the direct Lucky Dip link...(the one that the button would have taken you when the tickets first went on sale)

See page 16 on this thread for example.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-22 22:04 by Topi.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: July 22, 2021 22:10

Wouldn’t they need to state protocols or vax requirements before the on sale?

Date: July 22, 2021 22:13

That's an entirely another matter. No idea what any of those requirements may be, and they may well vary by state.

Date: July 22, 2021 22:30

Just put in my Minneapolis LD refund request. Let's see what happens. Turns out I didn't have a Nashville dip after all, probably because I previously had a face value pit (for which I already got a refund)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-22 22:32 by Topi.

Date: July 22, 2021 23:32

And hey, congratulations to everyone who held on to their Lucky Dips, keeping the faith! As well as to those who bought Dips other people had returned!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 23, 2021 00:02

First time lucky dip ticket buyer here. I bought a pair and my friend bought a pair. If one of us gets a pair of pit tickets, can we both use those tickets and give our nose bleeds to two friends? Or does he have to keep one of his pair and I have to keep one of my pair?

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: July 23, 2021 00:31

Anyone have a spare Lucky Dip for St. Louis?

Posted by: Chitown23 ()
Date: July 23, 2021 01:11

I held my Lucky Dips for STL and MN.
I may have an extra for STL. I'll know closer to the date.
I would be interested in trading 1 STL for 1 to DET.
Game on!

Posted by: Chitown23 ()
Date: July 23, 2021 01:17

NashvilleBlues
First time lucky dip ticket buyer here. I bought a pair and my friend bought a pair. If one of us gets a pair of pit tickets, can we both use those tickets and give our nose bleeds to two friends? Or does he have to keep one of his pair and I have to keep one of my pair?

You can do whatever you want with the tickets once you have them, like giving away a set to friends.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 23, 2021 01:19

NashvilleBlues
Short answer is that it depends on the particular box office staff. They were pretty lax about it in 2019 and would put the lucky dip wristbands on whoever wanted them regardless of who showed their ID to pick them up.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 23, 2021 01:26

Hopefully the Lucky Dips I refunded for Dallas last year went in to the hands of a fellow IORR member!
Bought them on a whim during original sale, and felt lucky for a couple of days until I realized not a chance I could make it to Dallas due to prior commitments.
I was basically stuck with them as I don't think I was able to transfer them, but then the postponement came to the rescue for a refund - the only bright spot of the postponement.
Made it to the Pit twice in '19 with the two pair I bought (Santa Clara and Glendale), and am kind of hoping for the possibility of L.A. Lucky Dips, though chances of getting Pit in L.A. might be slim.

Posted by: rustytrinket86 ()
Date: July 23, 2021 01:44

mnewman505
NashvilleBlues
Short answer is that it depends on the particular box office staff. They were pretty lax about it in 2019 and would put the lucky dip wristbands on whoever wanted them regardless of who showed their ID to pick them up.

Not in Pasadena. They slapped your wrist with a wristband and led you to a little barricaded area so you couldn’t leave. Then they checked you into the stadium.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-23 01:46 by rustytrinket86.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: July 23, 2021 04:30

Topi
And hey, congratulations to everyone who held on to their Lucky Dips, keeping the faith! As well as to those who bought Dips other people had returned!

It is also worth noting that LD tickets for the new shows only appear on www.rollingstones.com web site. If you wait patiently, the LD button will appear.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: July 23, 2021 05:27

I have a pair of Dips for STL. Held them from initial on-sale so pretty stoked that is the tour opener.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 23, 2021 05:45

Sockers56
Topi

It is also worth noting that LD tickets for the new shows only appear on www.rollingstones.com web site. If you wait patiently, the LD button will appear.

Getting curious as to whether the "Jazz-Fest" show will have them.

If I'm not mistaken, last time they were scheduled for JF (postponed and venue changed after Mick's heart issue) Lucky Dips were not offered for the original gig.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 23, 2021 06:27

No, they weren't.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: July 23, 2021 07:04

Topi

smileys with beer

Accidentally clicked on the first page of this thread, quite the trip.
All of us excited and scoring all kinds of tix... right before the world changed.

Date: July 23, 2021 07:47

Sockers56
Topi

Yes, but if you know how the link works, you can get ahead of the game that way. When San Diego was put on sale, I was in the Lucky Dip waiting room before the button on RS.com appeared...

So the links themselves go live on the dot, even though RS.com may show the buttons on their tour/tickets page a few minutes later. That may be useful re: LA and Vegas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-23 09:11 by Topi.

Date: July 23, 2021 08:13

Would imagine a few returned for various venues after the announcement today, dates not working, travel concerns etc.

Potentially could see some pop up I'm thinking..

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 23, 2021 08:42

Ya know I went into my Ticketmaster account today and I forgot how cheap the dips were this go round —- like $90 for the pair including all service charges. I think I might have missed the fine print that says “Buyer might be relocated to the parking lot” LOL, I’m kidding I know how it works, it’s a crapshoot.

God bless the lucky dips —- allowing the less affluent fans (me) to attend more Stones shows since 2013!

Date: July 23, 2021 09:18

MisterDDDD
Would imagine a few returned for various venues after the announcement today, dates not working, travel concerns etc.

Potentially could see some pop up I'm thinking..

Sure, there may be some, but probably very slim pickings.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 23, 2021 12:12

mnewman505
Ya know I went into my Ticketmaster account today and I forgot how cheap the dips were this go round —- like $90 for the pair including all service charges. I think I might have missed the fine print that says “Buyer might be relocated to the parking lot” LOL, I’m kidding I know how it works, it’s a crapshoot.

God bless the lucky dips —- allowing the less affluent fans (me) to attend more Stones shows since 2013!

I dipped all 8 UK shows of the 2018 Summer Tour. 3 Pits, 1 GC, 3 front of GAs and 2 okayish seats under cover at rainy shows. This included 3 upgrades from distant nosebleeds. Once you’re in the house, anything can happen winking smiley. Hope to repeat the feat when they come back here next year. The only show where I’ve ever got a really bad LD outcome was Prague in the extreme heat and dust.

Date: July 23, 2021 12:28

Prague was a mess. They didn't actually have a random draw of dips. I swear they were giving each LD holders GA just straight up.

That's why me and my buddy started complaining - well, I guess you can also call it closing winking smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 23, 2021 12:41

Topi
Prague was a mess. They didn't actually have a random draw of dips. I swear they were giving each LD holders GA just straight up.

That's why me and my buddy started complaining - well, I guess you can also call it closing winking smiley

Yes I know you did. I was 3 or 4 places behind you in the queue and saw those “intense negotiations” grinning smiley You were still there when I left the desk, crappy GAs in hand.

You are spot on about them routinely dishing out GAs to every lucky dipper. And it was horrible in there - hot, dusty and sweaty and miles from the stage.

Posted by: mcgeez8 ()
Date: July 24, 2021 06:04

Can anyone post the link for Minneapolis LD? I have STL from the previous on sale and looking for minny. Hoping to refresh and snag some.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: July 24, 2021 06:43

Topi
Sockers56
Topi

Yes, but if you know how the link works, you can get ahead of the game that way. When San Diego was put on sale, I was in the Lucky Dip waiting room before the button on RS.com appeared...

So the links themselves go live on the dot, even though RS.com may show the buttons on their tour/tickets page a few minutes later. That may be useful re: LA and Vegas.

Hi Topi,

Okay, are you saying instead of going to www.rollingstones.com to look for lucky dip tickets, you would go to ticketmaster.com for the show you want LD for & in the URL field, add this extension: ?did=lucky at the end?

Example: www.ticketmaster.com/the rollingstones-tickets/artist/806216?did=lucky

Just trying to understand the process as you do seem to have a lot of knowledge about LD tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-24 06:48 by Sockers56.

Posted by: rustytrinket86 ()
Date: July 24, 2021 07:04

Sockers56
Topi
Sockers56
Topi

Hi Topi,

Okay, are you saying instead of going to www.rollingstones.com to look for lucky dip tickets, you would go to ticketmaster.com for the show you want LD for & in the URL field, add this extension: ?did=lucky at the end?

Example: www.ticketmaster.com/the rollingstones-tickets/artist/806216?did=lucky

Just trying to understand the process as you do seem to have a lot of knowledge about LD tickets.

I don’t think that’s the case and I don’t think he would put it all out there for everyone to see and risk it being patched, if so. Lol. Oyy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-24 07:07 by rustytrinket86.

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: July 24, 2021 13:41

Someone to help me please :

I have 2 LD for Detroit.
How to get a refund ?

I have also one tix general admission (Detroit)
Same question

Date: July 24, 2021 14:08

Answered this in the other thread. The refunds can be requested online on your Ticketmaster account.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-24 14:09 by Topi.

Posted by: kidquick185 ()
Date: July 24, 2021 16:50

Thrilled to get Dips for the Cleveland show.... pissed they canceled Cleveland on the 2021 reschedule

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1955
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home