Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 34
Re: Lucky Dip Tickets 2020
Posted by: michaj ()
Date: February 14, 2020 21:27

I`m interreted to. please let me know if they are still availlable. tnxs from Germany

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 14, 2020 22:04

Iguanamom
Topi
Vancouver was NOT sold out, we got our 2nd pair of LDs at 10:55

Have 4 LDs and 4 GAs to Vancouver between two people, lol.

DONE buying...starting drinking!

Do you wanna share a San Diego link with a friend? I’m still Tryan. Much tougher this year

SD [www.ticketmaster.com]

...as with all shows...same string at end

Sold out atm tho

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-14 22:06 by Topi.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 14, 2020 22:24

Not a bad mornings work..cool smiley
Got Vancouver, Nashville, Austin.

Tried additionally for one more Van, and San Diego.
What a system.. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: MartinStone87 ()
Date: February 14, 2020 22:35

Happy with my LD for tampa and atlanta, what suffering when I tried to buy and directed you to Detroit, so on for 15-20 minutes, then Atlanta that you reached the end and could not buy, however, the planets were aligned and the purchase was made ! Very happy we will travel from Montevideo Uruguay, See you soon !!

Posted by: Iguanamom ()
Date: February 14, 2020 22:38

Topi
Iguanamom
Topi
Vancouver was NOT sold out, we got our 2nd pair of LDs at 10:55

Have 4 LDs and 4 GAs to Vancouver between two people, lol.

DONE buying...starting drinking!

Do you wanna share a San Diego link with a friend? I’m still Tryan. Much tougher this year

SD [www.ticketmaster.com]
Thanks Topi. I’ll try again. We know this thing is fickle. You are my angel last year. I hope I have a chance to buy a drink in San Diego. Cheers and rock on
...as with all shows...same string at end

Sold out atm tho

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: February 14, 2020 22:56

MingSubu
Tried calling Ticketmaster, to find out what is going on with the Detroit Lucky Dips mix up. Hung up. I was on hold for 15 mins waiting.

Anyone else call?

I was in the same boat with mistaken Detroit LD (intended for Cleveland, which I got later).

I was able to get a TM refund on my Detroit tix + fees by starting in online support chat. After the original rep gave unsatisfactory boilerplate, I asked for his supervisor, who called me within a few minutes. He checked on my order, listened to the background story on the across-the-board bad LD links to Detroit this morning, and quickly agreed to refund me the full price. Satisfaction guaranteed, it seems.

Posted by: MLH ()
Date: February 14, 2020 22:58

Someone posted about transferring LDs but I can't find it. Reason I'm interested is I have LDs for Tampa but might not be able to go, and I would like to be able to transfer them to my niece and her husband who live near there. Anyone know the best way to accomplish this?

Posted by: fanch ()
Date: February 14, 2020 23:13

I don't think it's possible, last year got Seattle LD and wasn't able to go there but I look and didn't find any way to buy or transfer them.
LD are really special tix.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: February 14, 2020 23:19

virgil
mnewman505
TornAndFried
Anyone get LDs for Buffalo?
Lucky Dips didn't exist for Buffalo

I swear , I saw Buffalo LDs pop up at about 7 minutes after 10am EST.I was in the middle of another transaction that took about 3 minutes then I hit refresh and it was gone and it never came back. I did notice some LDs came up for some other cities then a few minutes later They were gone then a few more minutes they would be back up. At first I thought it was the browser on my old PC but I also saw it on the Other two IPads I was working with.

Did anyone else see this, Or was I just frazzeled?

/

Date: February 14, 2020 23:25

MLH
Someone posted about transferring LDs but I can't find it. Reason I'm interested is I have LDs for Tampa but might not be able to go, and I would like to be able to transfer them to my niece and her husband who live near there. Anyone know the best way to accomplish this?

It's a bit complicated, but can be done.

If you contact TM, you can have their name added to the order.
They will need a copy of the c card used to purchase, (or a pic showing the last four digits) With family, this shouldn't be an issue.

They have been much stricter in the past, but last years postponement which made all tix refundable, they were willing to transfer even these. They have in years past, but the C card copy was a non starter for many.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 14, 2020 23:48

From my experience of having numerous LDs on the past three tours, they really don’t care who picks up the tickets as long as you just show the purchase confirmation. I was never asked for any ID at all. Of course, this doesn’t mean things will be the same on this tour, but...

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: February 14, 2020 23:59

3 sets of lucky dips last leg. Each time was just showing an id. They found you on a list and there you went.

Date: February 15, 2020 00:10

MingSubu
3 sets of lucky dips last leg. Each time was just showing an id. They found you on a list and there you went.

Yup... if they're in your name.

UK was more forgiving in my experience, and last leg here in US as well, but more to do with postponement. Prior to that, in the US they were requiring c card etc if not in your name, which makes sense as they don't want them scalped.
Easy to do, but most people won't give c card info to stranger.

Posted by: rustytrinket86 ()
Date: February 15, 2020 00:55

Beast
From my experience of having numerous LDs on the past three tours, they really don’t care who picks up the tickets as long as you just show the purchase confirmation. I was never asked for any ID at all. Of course, this doesn’t mean things will be the same on this tour, but...

I still wouldn’t trust that they’ll be lenient. For the Rose Bowl last time, they corralled you once you picked up the tickets so you wouldn’t leave (to possibly transfer tickets/wristbands) and you had to go straight in after showing ID and the card used to buy them.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: February 15, 2020 01:22

rustytrinket86
Beast

I still wouldn’t trust that they’ll be lenient. For the Rose Bowl last time, they corralled you once you picked up the tickets so you wouldn’t leave (to possibly transfer tickets/wristbands) and you had to go straight in after showing ID and the card used to buy them.

On the other hand, in Seattle folks were free to pick up their LD's, wander off, and come back later for entry (like I did).

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 15, 2020 01:31

mosthigh
rustytrinket86
Beast

On the other hand, in Seattle folks were free to pick up their LD's, wander off, and come back later for entry (like I did).

Samething in Jacksonville, Philly and Met Life last year. Just gave my name, no ID required, no corral.

Posted by: rustytrinket86 ()
Date: February 15, 2020 01:32

mosthigh
rustytrinket86
Beast

I guess it varies but the most important part is pickup, where strict measures were in place for us at the Rose Bowl. Just a warning for people to consider as well. Enjoy the show everyone!

Posted by: doster ()
Date: February 15, 2020 02:03

Thank you so much for posting this code, it allowed me to get Lucky Dip for Cleveland. Very nice of you to do! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 15, 2020 02:20

rustytrinket86
mosthigh
rustytrinket86
Beast

I guess it varies but the most important part is pickup, where strict measures were in place for us at the Rose Bowl. Just a warning for people to consider as well. Enjoy the show everyone!

yeah, Seattle was lenient but I wouldn't trust it will be the same everywhere either.

Date: February 15, 2020 06:05

Detroit LDs here

[www1.ticketmaster.com]

People are refunding them!

Date: February 15, 2020 07:17

So I thought I would post this here after the dust has settled

I immediately noticed the early Lucky Dip links were all pointing to Detroit so I just figured: what if I use the end of the link (the infamous "?did=lucky", cut and paste that into some other show date addresses on the Tour page...and voilà, it worked...

You did not have to be a hacker to deduce the correct links. After the fact, Stones page corrected the links themselves. But by 10 AM Pacific, no buttons were needed anymore - every single Lucky Dip link was known...

I was in the waiting room for San Diego and Vancouver dips by using this "trick" long before Stones posted the "buttons"...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-15 08:52 by Topi.

Posted by: rara ()
Date: February 15, 2020 08:53

I think most people have realized by now that it's always the '?did=lucky' extension. Has been the same for the last few tours.

Date: February 15, 2020 08:57

Oh you would be surprised how hard it is for some people to understand!

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: February 15, 2020 10:22

Funny story: I was doing a movie extra shoot this morning when the LD's for Vancouver went on sale. We were told no phones allowed on set beforehand, under penalty of immediate dismissal, so I was pretty resigned to not scoring any.

When we got to set, however, the scene called for us (background performers) to be on our phones talking or texting. So I was actually buying tickets on my phone while being shot on camera (next to Sandra Bullock no less). Lol! grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-15 10:24 by mosthigh.

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: February 15, 2020 10:52

dimtim
Got LD's for SD on first try at 10:10am so keep trying everyone. Seemed too easy. A question I have though does anyone who has experience with the lucky dips doe the section and seat matter that they assign you when you chose your LD's mean anything or is it all a random ticket assignment? I think it is random but just seeing if anyone knows from prior experiences.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks and good luck to all!

The section/seat is for accounting purposes - it has nothing to do with where the ticket will be located or any of the Lucky Dips.

Date: February 15, 2020 10:58

MLH

It requires calling and getting a really nice TM rep. Last year it was pretty easy since the tour had been postponed - whether it will be easy this year - I don't know. But don't ask to have the tickets 'transferred.' That's a naughty word. Ask to have the name for pick up changed. Then give your niece a photocopy or screenshot of the credit card, your id and the receipt in your TM account where her name has been added as the pick up person.

Date: February 15, 2020 11:04

rara
I think most people have realized by now that it's always the '?did=lucky' extension. Has been the same for the last few tours.

Actually it hasn't been, Only 4 or 5 shows used it last summer. 2013 and 2015 used a different one. I didn't keep track of the them for the European, South American and Downunder tours.

Date: February 15, 2020 11:07

buffalo7478
Just got 2 for Pittsburgh, but holding out for a lower price in Buffalo.

Oddly, my two $21 lucky dips in Pittsburgh were $94 after service charges from Ticketmaster. Still happy, Have been trying Cleveland, but no luck yet

San Diego's were $29.50 - with fees the total was $72ish. I think Pittsburgh had the most in fees - at least from the ones I bought.

Date: February 15, 2020 11:38

GlimmerGirl24
rara

Actually it hasn't been, Only 4 or 5 shows used it last summer. 2013 and 2015 used a different one. I didn't keep track of the them for the European, South American and Downunder tours.

Correct that there was variation in the extensions last year...this year, since it seemed to be the same in other time zones, I guessed it would stick in West coast too.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: February 15, 2020 14:14

GlimmerGirl24
MLH

It requires calling and getting a really nice TM rep. Last year it was pretty easy since the tour had been postponed - whether it will be easy this year - I don't know. But don't ask to have the tickets 'transferred.' That's a naughty word. Ask to have the name for pick up changed. Then give your niece a photocopy or screenshot of the credit card, your id and the receipt in your TM account where her name has been added as the pick up person.

Thank you for this post.

I'm wondering whether I need to do this myself. When my TM account would not let me get Lucky Dip for Atlanta because it said I was "already in line", I remembered that my Mom has a barely used account so I started over and got them that way. It is the same last name but I used my credit card. However, the tickets are technically not in my first name.

It pisses me off I even have to worry about this since TM were causing all the problems in the first place.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-15 14:16 by tonyc.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1941
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home