Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 34
Re: Lucky Dip Tickets 2020
Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: February 10, 2020 19:10

Dumb question...

The price range for the Tampa show is listed as $47-$497, plus fees.

Does that mean they raised the Lucky Dips to $47+fees?

Or is the $47 price just the lowest of the "regular" tickets, and doesn't include the Dips as part of the range.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-10 19:10 by rlj1010.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: February 10, 2020 20:30

MisterDDDD
virgil
Starting with the original Lucky Dip sales for the 2013 tour this will be eight years in a row that they have toured some place. Each year they have had the Lucky dips and each year we have had this thread and each and every single question has been asked and answered in each one of the previous threads multiple times.

I have always considered most of the posters in this forum pretty intelligent. So call me me what you like I just find it funny that we are going on eight years in row with the exact same thread. Call it a pet peeve it’s annoying.

True.
Bv also has a Lucky Dip thread linked at "Forum Links of Interest".
From 2018, but all relevant questions are answered. Several times winking smiley
[iorr.org]

Of course. But that’s not the reason why I started this thread. I am just wondering if they sell lucky dip tickets again for this tour. That’s all.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 10, 2020 20:57

RG
Of course. But that’s not the reason why I started this thread. I am just wondering if they sell lucky dip tickets again for this tour. That’s all.

And glad you did.. was agreeing that some of the questions get repetitive.
Already we found out that it looks like there will be an increase in ticket prices ($29 to $47 looks like) so current info is still valuable cool smiley

Date: February 10, 2020 21:19

MisterDDDD
RG

And glad you did.. was agreeing that some of the questions get repetitive.
Already we found out that it looks like there will be an increase in ticket prices ($29 to $47 looks like) so current info is still valuable cool smiley

And I am happy to know that now!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 10, 2020 21:42

virgil
Starting with the original Lucky Dip sales for the 2013 tour this will be eight years in a row that they have toured some place. Each year they have had the Lucky dips and each year we have had this thread and each and every single question has been asked and answered in each one of the previous threads multiple times.

I have always considered most of the posters in this forum pretty intelligent. So call me me what you like I just find it funny that we are going on eight years in row with the exact same thread. Call it a pet peeve it’s annoying.

So what if it is repetitive? There are new people and people who are new to Lucky Dips.or maybe there might be new twists from year to year. Isn't that, in part, why IORR exists, a big "fan to fan" forum where fans help other fans? If u don't like it, don't read this thread. I find it helpful as a refresher.

plexi

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 10, 2020 23:50

timbernardis
virgil

So what if it is repetitive? There are new people and people who are new to Lucky Dips.or maybe there might be new twists from year to year. Isn't that, in part, why IORR exists, a big "fan to fan" forum where fans help other fans? If u don't like it, don't read this thread. I find it helpful as a refresher.

plexi

thumbs up

There have been new twists for year to year, and it can be different from one venue to the next.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 11, 2020 01:20

Hairball
timbernardis
virgil

plexi

thumbs up

There have been new twists for year to year, and it can be different from one venue to the next.

What I'd like to complain about, is people that complain about everything.

I'm not exactly sure where that leaves us.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: February 11, 2020 01:22

Thanks for posting the link for LD 2018. There is a lot of information there. I have a simple question. LD have been available every year since the 50 & Counting Tour if I am correct. As far as I know, LD only go on sale after the general sale starts. Were there any times when LD were sold in the pre-sales?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 11, 2020 01:25

Sockers56
Thanks for posting the link for LD 2018. There is a lot of information there. I have a simple question. LD have been available every year since the 50 & Counting Tour if I am correct. As far as I know, LD only go on sale after the general sale starts. Were there any times when LD were sold in the pre-sales?

You're welcome. Not as far as I know.
Have purchased for every US tour as well as a UK one since they started, and don't believe they ever have.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: February 11, 2020 01:47

Thank you, kindly.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 11, 2020 01:50

treaclefingers
Hairball
timbernardis
virgil

plexi

thumbs up

In the same boat, Treacles. smileys with beer

Date: February 11, 2020 07:03

latebloomer
treaclefingers
Hairball
timbernardis
virgil

plexi

thumbs up

In the same boat, Treacles. smileys with beer

I think the boat is taking on water!

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 11, 2020 11:42

rlj1010
Dumb question...

Or is the $47 price just the lowest of the "regular" tickets, and doesn't include the Dips as part of the range.

I would think so.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 11, 2020 13:30

rlj1010
Dumb question...

the price for LD tickets is usually between 40-70% of the price of the cheapest regular ticket

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: February 11, 2020 17:46

Hairball
timbernardis
virgil

plexi

thumbs up

Like I said its a pet peeve everyone has them this is one of mine that’s all. I’ve gotten LDs at least ten times and the buying process has never changed. Go to RS.com day of public sale and give it your best. Night of show go to LD line pick up tickets and walk away. The only twist I have ever seen ,prices have varied. Since Timbernardis doesn’t mind repetitive, every single twist or issue that is in this thread has been asked and answered in the previous eight threads.

Anyway I hope every single person in this forum who tries for LDs gets them and ends up in a great seat like I have 60% of the time I’ve gotten them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-11 18:02 by virgil.

Date: February 12, 2020 17:25

Looking at the lay-out of the rolling stones website now.. i am wondering if there will be a Lucky Dip button?

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: February 12, 2020 17:38

RG
Looking at the lay-out of the rolling stones website now.. i am wondering if there will be a Lucky Dip button?
I think it just pops up at 10 on day of sale

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 12, 2020 17:41

its lucky dip or nothing...wasted 40 min to see some crazy prices...

Date: February 12, 2020 18:11

Keefy
RG

It’s usually a little bit slow , my experience , the LD button pops up 4 to 5 minutes after the sale starts just to the right of each venue. Just keep hitting the refresh button starting at 1 minute before public sale starts.
I have gotten them every time I have tried.

Good luck.

Date: February 12, 2020 18:13

virgil
Keefy
RG

It’s usually a little bit slow , my experience , the LD button pops up 4 to 5 minutes after the sale starts just to the right of each venue. Just keep hitting the refresh button starting at 1 minute before public sale starts.
I have gotten them every time I have tried.

Good luck.

Thanks Virgil, i will give it a try on friday! I only had LD in New Jersey last year and in Dusseldorf 2017. Can't remember anymore how I got them.. so thanks!

Posted by: frtylicks ()
Date: February 12, 2020 19:44

Lucky Dips question, if I get 3 are the tickets together or are they spread out. Asking because I'm taking my 11 year old. Thanks, Frtylicks

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 12, 2020 20:03

Lucky Dips in the past were limited to pairs. seats were together

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-12 20:03 by drbryant.

Posted by: horns2181 ()
Date: February 12, 2020 20:03

I believe you can only buy lucky dip tickets in pairs so you would not be able to get 3 and if you bought two sets no guarantee together as each order placed in individual envelope

Date: February 12, 2020 20:13

Thanks guys. Is today American Express Credit Cards only? It wouldn't take my Chase Visa.

Date: February 12, 2020 20:24

horns2181
I believe you can only buy lucky dip tickets in pairs so you would not be able to get 3 and if you bought two sets no guarantee together as each order placed in individual envelope

I have gotten multiple LDips at the same show only each individual pairs are together. I got 4 pairs 1st Boston show 2013 and 3 pairs the second night they were not ever even close each pair was all over the venue.

Date: February 12, 2020 20:24

frtylicks
Thanks guys. Is today American Express Credit Cards only? It wouldn't take my Chase Visa.

Yes, but you can sign on with the fan club presale code. Widely published on IORR already, RAINBOW or SHATTER

Date: February 12, 2020 20:44

thanks treaclefingers but I did that last year and it worked but those pre codes let me pick tickets today but Chase declined my credit card and my card is in good standing.

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: February 12, 2020 22:18

virgil

Far worse is the hysterics over presale seat selection. Tough scene over on f'book at the other group.

Date: February 12, 2020 22:25

frtylicks
thanks treaclefingers but I did that last year and it worked but those pre codes let me pick tickets today but Chase declined my credit card and my card is in good standing.

That sucks.

Date: February 12, 2020 22:30

treaclefingers
frtylicks

That sucks.

Hey, just noticed something that may explain it. When you are in the 'stadium image', you can select seats...it shows AMEX presale tickets, mixed with the Rolling Stones fanclub ones. I'm wondering if you may have selected AMEX presale tickets, instead of Fanclub tickets?

It seems likely that if you've selected ones reserved for AMEX, you would be rejected. It's confusing and I only stumbled upon it when I moused over various seats in that stadium diagram.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1140
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home