Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 34
Re: Lucky Dip Tickets 2020
Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: February 8, 2020 18:07

So are they available at Ticketmaster website or Rolling Stones website?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 8, 2020 19:31

slewan
treaclefingers
slewan
ChrisMahavishnu
kv2915
To be clear, LDs are NOT available pre-sales, correct?

That's correct, only during the general public sales.

a few times they went on sale after the general public sale (Berlin 2014)

a couple of times LD tickets were made available again some weeks before the shows (UK 2018)

But I wouldn't bet on this happening again

I benefitted from this for Toronto 2013...LDs after general sales started. I credit IORR and my frequent patronage as the reason I scooped up a pair for $80 Canadian each.

By contrast, LDs were available for Seattle last year at same moment General Sales started so I was on top of that.

Great seats beside the stage each time. Only question is whether I'll be 3x "Lucky".

why not? Out of 9 shows with LD tickets in 2017/18 I ended up in the pit 7x times (well, 4 times I got pit tickets and three times I just drew Gold Circle tickets but sneaked into the pit), the other two times I ended up in normal GA section

you are an inspiration slewan! My modest hope is that I'll even actually score Lucky Dips this time around.

Date: February 8, 2020 19:32

Undercover1

I don't recall where I got them last time. I think the RS website, but can anyone verify?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 8, 2020 19:46

treaclefingers
Undercover1

I don't recall where I got them last time. I think the RS website, but can anyone verify?

Initially there is a link on RS website which takes you to a specific TM page that only has Lucky Dips (sold in pairs) as an option.
Beyond that, there's been links posted here from people who saved original url as sometimes they add more LD's and sometimes they don't.

Date: February 8, 2020 19:48

Hairball
treaclefingers
Undercover1

Initially there is a link on RS website which takes you to a specific TM page that only has Lucky Dips (sold in pairs) as an option.
Beyond that, there's been links posted here from people who saved original url as sometimes they add more LD's and sometimes they don't.

Thanks! It was only a year ago and yet my memory is murky!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 8, 2020 20:18

treaclefingers
Hairball
treaclefingers
Undercover1

Thanks! It was only a year ago and yet my memory is murky!

Same here, it's all a bit murky, and I should have added "if memory serves".
Pretty sure that's how it went though...about 95.7% sure. winking smiley

Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: February 8, 2020 21:20

Thanks HB !

Posted by: sangfreud ()
Date: February 8, 2020 21:25

Gazza
DGA35
If you want a tip, get the person youre going with to buy a pair as well. It doubles your chances of getting something good. Worked perfectly for me on the two Euro shows I went to in 2018. I got decent seats for Dublin - the guy I was with got pit. At Twickenham I got nosebleeds - my friend got Golden Circle.

We were able to offload our extras to help out others who were just happy to get in.

If you don't mind my asking, how does this work, exactly? Let's say you and your friend pick up the first set of tickets, and you get wristbands. Do you then get back in line, hide your wristbands, and pick up a second set, hoping they don't remember you? Or do you each find a stranger to go up with, and then do the ticket exchanges later? How would that work if one set of tickets were for the pit?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 8, 2020 21:26

Screw me once is your fault.

Second Time is my fault.

Lucky Dip is simply a scam.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 8, 2020 21:48

Best way in that scenario is to find another couple who need/want Lucky Dips(easy), and have one pair in your name, one pair in your buddies name, and have one of the other two accompany each of you with the understanding that they will ultimately get the lesser of the pair of seats.
Different venues do it a bit differently, but typically they put a wristband on you on the spot, but most times you get a generic LD wristband and then go to a table set-up etc and get banded up for Pit etc. Pretty easy to switch up in either scenario.. but a little trickier when they do on the spot, but they will generally be fine with switching up if you all go at the same time, ie next to or behind each other.

Got eight sets of Lucky Dips last leg for six shows and drew Pit four times(!!), and switched up to give to my son like that once and have also done that numerous times in the past as well. Good luck!!

sangfreud
Gazza
DGA35
If you want a tip, get the person youre going with to buy a pair as well. It doubles your chances of getting something good. Worked perfectly for me on the two Euro shows I went to in 2018. I got decent seats for Dublin - the guy I was with got pit. At Twickenham I got nosebleeds - my friend got Golden Circle.

We were able to offload our extras to help out others who were just happy to get in.

If you don't mind my asking, how does this work, exactly? Let's say you and your friend pick up the first set of tickets, and you get wristbands. Do you then get back in line, hide your wristbands, and pick up a second set, hoping they don't remember you? Or do you each find a stranger to go up with, and then do the ticket exchanges later? How would that work if one set of tickets were for the pit?

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: February 9, 2020 00:52

Has anyone ever gotten two pairs of LD tickets for the same show? If so, how? Someone once said to leave out your middle initial for one pair & leave it in for the 2nd. Or, does it have to be a completely different ticket master account with a different home address?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 9, 2020 01:13

Different TM accounts and credit cards

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: February 9, 2020 05:32

Once you purchase LDs, you cannot transfer nor return for a refund, correct?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 9, 2020 11:05

treaclefingers
slewan
treaclefingers
slewan
ChrisMahavishnu
kv2915
To be clear, LDs are NOT available pre-sales, correct?

That's correct, only during the general public sales.

a few times they went on sale after the general public sale (Berlin 2014)

a couple of times LD tickets were made available again some weeks before the shows (UK 2018)

But I wouldn't bet on this happening again

I benefitted from this for Toronto 2013...LDs after general sales started. I credit IORR and my frequent patronage as the reason I scooped up a pair for $80 Canadian each.

By contrast, LDs were available for Seattle last year at same moment General Sales started so I was on top of that.

Great seats beside the stage each time. Only question is whether I'll be 3x "Lucky".

why not? Out of 9 shows with LD tickets in 2017/18 I ended up in the pit 7x times (well, 4 times I got pit tickets and three times I just drew Gold Circle tickets but sneaked into the pit), the other two times I ended up in normal GA section

you are an inspiration slewan! My modest hope is that I'll even actually score Lucky Dips this time around.

just don't give up - sometimes LD tickets seem to be sold out just a minute after tickets go on sale but they might return after five or ten minutes and/or some go on sale five to 30 minutes after normal tickets went on sale. As far as I remember once LD ticket went on sale a couple of minutes before the normal ticket sales began (but the link was deactivated after just a minute and returns later…)

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: February 9, 2020 11:56

I haven't done LDs, but from the reviews I read, people's luck in the US wasn't quite as good as the previous European tours. Also, in NJ, I saw a kid (I think from Argentina) try to sneak into the pit and get dragged away by security and detained by the cops. I don't know what happened to him---probably kicked out? His treatment seemed egregiously unfair. Abysmal treatment from the NJPD. I hope the poor dude managed to enjoy the show wherever he wound up.

At any rate, security for the pits I attended last year was tight. There were cops. Security was examining wristbands. I'm sure others have different experiences, but that's my fair warning.

I suppose it depends on the inconvenience you want to experience. Paying $400 more than a LD for a regular price pit ticket? Might be worth it if you don't want to gamble. Paying an additional $400-$1000 for a flex price pit ticket and not have to check Ticketmaster hourly for the price drop? Might be worth it.

I'm relatively young and couldn't afford to be up close for a long time. Finally got a job where I can justify $500 to be in the pit. But I envy those who get there through LDs---that's faith!

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 9, 2020 19:28

Make sure to update your Ticketmaster-Account. They have new security measure in place now and with my credit card from Germany it didnt work. I had to register a new account. (I bought LD in NJ with my old account)

Last year I transferred my lucky dips - no problem!

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: February 9, 2020 21:03

schwonek
Make sure to update your Ticketmaster-Account. They have new security measure in place now and with my credit card from Germany it didnt work. I had to register a new account. (I bought LD in NJ with my old account)

Last year I transferred my lucky dips - no problem!

I think that was due to the tour postponement though...with the date changes people could get refunds on tix or transfer.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: February 9, 2020 21:10

Chris Fountain

Second Time is my fault.

[www.youtube.com]

a classic for the ages.

....oh and I don't think LDs are a scam if your goal is just to get in the stadium.

"obstructed view" seats are lame, though....I'll give you that.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 9, 2020 21:43

schwonek

Update or create a new account?

Can u explain this in a little more detail? What exactly happened?

plexi

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: February 9, 2020 23:06

Hi,

Okay, say I am able to purchase two pairs of LD tickets. How would that work when me & my buddy pick them up? Would they give us two writsbanda each? It just seems odd to me. Thanks.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: February 10, 2020 01:42

>Lucky Dip is simply a scam.

I do not understand how anyone can claim them to be a scam. Seems to me at the very least they are a cheap way to get into the venue, and then any bribery/seat kiting/upgrading is up to your own perseverance and/or guile. I had never heard of them before but I would be willing to take a chance on them to get in at the last moment which is when I expect they would be available to get rid of unclaimed seats. Maybe you get extremely lucky but if not maybe you can get better seats one way or another...more than you can say if you are out standing in the parking lot.

jb

Date: February 10, 2020 02:12

Sockers56
Hi,

Okay, say I am able to purchase two pairs of LD tickets. How would that work when me & my buddy pick them up? Would they give us two writsbanda each? It just seems odd to me. Thanks.

Usually you get two tickets and go straight into the arena. Inside the arena you get the wristbands - if you have pulled a certain area. If not, you just go to your seats.

Date: February 10, 2020 02:20

There will be a Lucky Dip button next to the regular tickets on rollingstones.com - that is if there a lucky dip tickets. You never know if they just drop them.

Date: February 10, 2020 02:58

Chris Fountain

Second Time is my fault.

Indeed, scamming us out of our hard earned $25 to get tickets stage right 10th row.

I could see the individual beads of moisture on Mick's brow.

Never again will I be tempted to pay $25 for that.

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: February 10, 2020 05:04

Sockers56
Hi,

One wristband put on at that time per person. I bought 2 sets a couple years ago, TM cancelled one a couple days later. At least they didn't cancel both. Even if you do get 2 sets when you try to pick them up you might get only 1 set.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-10 05:10 by 1badgator.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: February 10, 2020 05:41

I got lucky dips for Seattle was on the floor but we just walked into the pit when none was looking easy...but this time I'm not taking any chances getting pits.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 10, 2020 08:25

This goes back to 2013. Got LDs. (First concert with Lucky Dip) Crossed my fingers, rubbed my rabbit's foot, ended up in another county with obstructed view. Did not know, but found out later that people simply went to customer relations and got better seats.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: February 10, 2020 14:48

keefriff99
Do you have a chance to toss the seats back if you're unhappy with the location, or is it an "all or nothing" proposition?
Keep your eyes open and walk to the front at the right moment... or find nice people of the security.

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: February 10, 2020 18:35

Starting with the original Lucky Dip sales for the 2013 tour this will be eight years in a row that they have toured some place. Each year they have had the Lucky dips and each year we have had this thread and each and every single question has been asked and answered in each one of the previous threads multiple times.

I have always considered most of the posters in this forum pretty intelligent. So call me me what you like I just find it funny that we are going on eight years in row with the exact same thread. Call it a pet peeve it’s annoying.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 10, 2020 19:03

virgil
Starting with the original Lucky Dip sales for the 2013 tour this will be eight years in a row that they have toured some place. Each year they have had the Lucky dips and each year we have had this thread and each and every single question has been asked and answered in each one of the previous threads multiple times.

I have always considered most of the posters in this forum pretty intelligent. So call me me what you like I just find it funny that we are going on eight years in row with the exact same thread. Call it a pet peeve it’s annoying.

True.
Bv also has a Lucky Dip thread linked at "Forum Links of Interest".
From 2018, but all relevant questions are answered. Several times winking smiley
[iorr.org]

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1095
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home