Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 34
Lucky Dip Tickets 2020/2021
Posted by: RG ()
Date: February 6, 2020 17:50

Is there any news about Lucky Dip tickets for the upcoming US 2020 Tour?
Can't find any information yet..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-22 21:25 by bv.

Re: Lucky Dip Tickets 2020
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 6, 2020 17:54

Would someone kindly explain this process to me? I've never participated but might like to.

Date: February 6, 2020 17:59

Elmo Lewis
Would someone kindly explain this process to me? I've never participated but might like to.

It's a much cheaper ticket then a regular one. You can buy them normally at the regular sale. With a Lucky Dip you don't have any idea where you will be seated. It could be the pit or in the backfield..

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 18:00

RG

There usually isn't any information until the morning of the general sale.

I expect the lucky dips to be better overall this year because these are secondary markets... although that opinion could be complete BS.

I had lucky dips for NJ 1 last year, didn't turn out great. I had nose bleeds and the sound was the worst I've experienced at a concert.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-06 18:13 by WelshEdge1.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 6, 2020 19:43

WelshEdge1
RG

There usually isn't any information until the morning of the general sale.

I expect the lucky dips to be better overall this year because these are secondary markets... although that opinion could be complete BS.

I had lucky dips for NJ 1 last year, didn't turn out great. I had nose bleeds and the sound was the worst I've experienced at a concert.

San Diego - being the only show in the southwest part of the country - will very sell well just as it did for Zip Code. Not sure if Lucky Dips will bode well, but you never know. Similar scenario for Vancouver maybe. Last summer I was very lucky with the two pairs of Lucky Dips I bought for Santa Clara and Glendale landing in Pit on Keith's side both times. The other two shows (Chicago 2 and Pasadena) I bought regular mid-range price seats - needed regular loge guaranteed for my wife at Chi 2,
and Pasadena never had a chance when they went on sale, but I might have been just as lucky had I went the Lucky Dip route.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 19:48

Do you have a chance to toss the seats back if you're unhappy with the location, or is it an "all or nothing" proposition?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 6, 2020 20:00

RG
Elmo Lewis

It's a much cheaper ticket then a regular one. You can buy them normally at the regular sale. With a Lucky Dip you don't have any idea where you will be seated. It could be the pit or in the backfield..

And LD-Tickets are only sold as a pair.

See also: "Lucky Dip tickets US 2019" -- [iorr.org] .

Date: February 6, 2020 20:10

keefriff99
Do you have a chance to toss the seats back if you're unhappy with the location, or is it an "all or nothing" proposition?

They hand you an envelope at a will call window, and that's it - good, bad, lucky, unlucky - but at the cheap price hard to complain if given the bad/unlucky, and reason to rejoice if given good/lucky.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: February 6, 2020 20:17

Hairball
keefriff99

They hand you an envelope at a will call window, and that's it - good, bad, lucky, unlucky - but at the cheap price hard to complain if given the bad/unlucky, and reason to rejoice if given good/lucky.

Yep - what Hairball said. Lots of folks do get Pits down in front. Many wind up in the rafters (I've wound up with both). They are only available on the rollingstones Tickets web page, as others have said, usually day of the sale, a little after they go on sale, and they go QUICK.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 20:36

I've lucky dipped 12 out of my last 15 shows. I'm very pleased with my results and on 3 occasions out of those 12 I got a lucky upgrade to Pit (from a far end nosebleed), Golden Circle (from a far seat) and 2nd front row of GA when GA was quite close to the stage (from a side on nosebleed).

Even if you pull a bad LD, you're still in the house and if the show's not sold out then don't despair - upgrades are always possible once inside.

I've yet to decide whether to head over (from the UK) for this tour as though it's always fun to see them, I can't see there being anything much different from last year. It will be LDs only if I do. I made it to Chicago 1 last year.

Date: February 6, 2020 20:37

DEmerson
Hairball
keefriff99

Yep - what Hairball said. Lots of folks do get Pits down in front. Many wind up in the rafters (I've wound up with both). They are only available on the rollingstones Tickets web page, as others have said, usually day of the sale, a little after they go on sale, and they go QUICK.

When they were first introduced during 50 and Counting, I got stuck in the nosebleeds/rafters several times, but those were arenas and I was able to manuever/self upgrade to better seats by sheer willpower lol.
NoFilter my luck had changed for the better in a big way, though there was always that fear that I'd be "unlucky" again. It all comes down to the luck of the draw.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 20:45

Hairball
DEmerson
Hairball
keefriff99

When they were first introduced during 50 and Counting, I got stuck in the nosebleeds/rafters several times, but those were arenas and I was able to manuever/self upgrade to better seats by sheer willpower lol.
NoFilter my luck had changed for the better in a big way, though there was always that fear that I'd be "unlucky" again. It all comes down to the luck of the draw.
That's an interesting idea. I prefer to have a little more certainty when it comes to picking out my seats though...I'd honestly rather just not go to a show than be stuck in the nosebleeds.

Posted by: HotStuff92 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 22:04

How do you upgrade your Lucky Dips? Who do you talk to and what do you say?

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: February 6, 2020 22:26

Here we go again. Time to start saying the prayers to score LD's.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 7, 2020 00:45

Lucky Dip tix seat locations can be favorable. However, exercise caution:

1. Read the ticket closely and make sure it doesn't say "Obstructed View"
2. Resolve any ticket disputes just as you receive them before entering the stadium
3. It is difficult to complain once inside venue as everyone is in long lines buying drinks and other merchandise.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: February 7, 2020 02:19

HotStuff92
How do you upgrade your Lucky Dips? Who do you talk to and what do you say?

You “Can’t upgrade” Lucky Dip. But you can ofcourse buy another ticket. Lucky
Dip is what it is. Just a bit of gamble what you get at the end.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 7, 2020 02:45

I was able to upgrade once inside at one of the 2013 Philly shows, so it is possible. I talked to an usher and he brought me to a resolution desk where they gave me a pair of tickets on the ground floor.
All of my other LD tickets were basically nosebleeds, except the DC show last summer where I scored Pit with 2 sets of LD tickets. Best show ever!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 7, 2020 02:56

So how much, on average, do lucky dip tickets cost? Does every show have them? In a 50000 seat stadium, any idea how many lucky dips would be available?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 7, 2020 03:07

DGA35
So how much, on average, do lucky dip tickets cost? Does every show have them? In a 50000 seat stadium, any idea how many lucky dips would be available?

Yes. Every show will have them. No one knows how many, but get on the official site (NOT ticketmaster) when the public sale starts and you should be ok.

I think they were around $60 for a pair last time. They were more expensive in Europe but still a bargain.

If you want a tip, get the person youre going with to buy a pair as well. It doubles your chances of getting something good. Worked perfectly for me on the two Euro shows I went to in 2018. I got decent seats for Dublin - the guy I was with got pit. At Twickenham I got nosebleeds - my friend got Golden Circle.

We were able to offload our extras to help out others who were just happy to get in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-07 03:09 by Gazza.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: February 7, 2020 03:12

Last year, the 2 I scored for Seattle were $25 each, a total of $40 for each with tax. I ended up pretty close, to the side of the stage.

Date: February 7, 2020 03:26

keefriff99
Hairball
DEmerson
Hairball
keefriff99

That's an interesting idea. I prefer to have a little more certainty when it comes to picking out my seats though...I'd honestly rather just not go to a show than be stuck in the nosebleeds.

Going to only one show this tour (that I currently know of), not gonna gamble with Lucky Dips. Tempting and as inexpensive as they are, want/need to be guaranteed where I intend to be - the Pit.
Figured the money I saved last time on Lucky Dips for two shows will be going towards this goal - at least thats the way I'm justifying it in my mind. winking smiley
One show - could be the last time - gotta go big.thumbs up

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 7, 2020 05:54

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: February 6, 2020 18:12

Last year, the 2 I scored for Seattle were $25 each, a total of $40 for each with tax. I ended up pretty close, to the side of the stage.

You say $80 for the pair and Gazza $60 for the pair. Last year, at Chicago I, Chicago II and Denver, I paid 91 including all fees, tax, etc for each pair at all three of those shows. They do seem to vary from city to city based on what I've heard and read.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-07 05:55 by timbernardis.

Date: February 7, 2020 14:34

So fingers crossed for next friday, hope they will sell LD's again!

Posted by: mcgeez8 ()
Date: February 7, 2020 23:18

Did anyone have experience being selected for an upgrade to the pit on the No Filter tour? Reason I ask is that they give you a "lucky Dip" wristband when you pick up the tickets and tell you to keep it on. My thought was that staff would recognize this and give you an upgrade. Any truth to this?

FWIW got nosebleeds one night and pit the other night both with lucky dips for the chicago shows.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 8, 2020 00:04

mcgeez8
Did anyone have experience being selected for an upgrade to the pit on the No Filter tour? Reason I ask is that they give you a "lucky Dip" wristband when you pick up the tickets and tell you to keep it on. My thought was that staff would recognize this and give you an upgrade. Any truth to this?

FWIW got nosebleeds one night and pit the other night both with lucky dips for the chicago shows.

Lucky Dip tix seat locations can be favorable. However, exercise caution:

1. Read the ticket closely and make sure it doesn't say "Obstructed View"
2. Resolve any ticket disputes just as you receive them before entering the stadium
3. It is difficult to complain once inside venue as everyone is in long lines buying drinks and other merchandise.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: February 8, 2020 07:39

To be clear, LDs are NOT available pre-sales, correct?

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: February 8, 2020 08:05

kv2915

That's correct, only during the general public sales.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 8, 2020 09:39

ChrisMahavishnu
kv2915

a few times they went on sale after the general public sale (Berlin 2014)

a couple of times LD tickets were made available again some weeks before the shows (UK 2018)

But I wouldn't bet on this happening again

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-08 09:39 by slewan.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 8, 2020 16:00

slewan
ChrisMahavishnu
kv2915

a couple of times LD tickets were made available again some weeks before the shows (UK 2018)

I benefitted from this for Toronto 2013...LDs after general sales started. I credit IORR and my frequent patronage as the reason I scooped up a pair for $80 Canadian each.

By contrast, LDs were available for Seattle last year at same moment General Sales started so I was on top of that.

Great seats beside the stage each time. Only question is whether I'll be 3x "Lucky".

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 8, 2020 17:56

treaclefingers
slewan
ChrisMahavishnu
kv2915

I benefitted from this for Toronto 2013...LDs after general sales started. I credit IORR and my frequent patronage as the reason I scooped up a pair for $80 Canadian each.

By contrast, LDs were available for Seattle last year at same moment General Sales started so I was on top of that.

Great seats beside the stage each time. Only question is whether I'll be 3x "Lucky".

why not? Out of 9 shows with LD tickets in 2017/18 I ended up in the pit 7x times (well, 4 times I got pit tickets and three times I just drew Gold Circle tickets but sneaked into the pit), the other two times I ended up in normal GA section

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1913
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home