Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 101
Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue - September 4
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 9, 2020 20:23

folon
MisterDDDD
Hairball
trm15
UDiscoverMusic USA has a 25% sale until July 31st, plus you can stack a 20% coupon code (SURVEY20) for vinyl purchases. So the 4LP set comes to $75USD. And, free US Shipping!

You can't use the extra 20% off for the 3CD/Blu-Ray set but still 25% off brings the price to $112.49 USD.

shop.udiscovermusic.com

Thanks, this might be the best deal yet for what I was looking for, and the 20% discount applied to all three.

Deluxe 2 CD: $12.00
Deluxe 2 LP: $21.60
Cassette: $7.80

And free shipping within the USA.

*Edit: I tried adding the additional 10% discount code posted by MisterDDD, but it canceled out the 20% code SURVEY20, so I changed it back.

The 10% code worked for me. (have to connect with them on FB messenger)
For first time purchasers, I had not ordered from them before.

The check-out page already had the 25% mark-down applied and then a space to add a code.. Great deal!!

Goats Head Soup Super Deluxe 3CD + Blu-ray Box Set
1 $112.49

Cost summary
Description Price
Subtotal $112.49
Discount UDMESSENGER - $11.24 $11.24 off total order price
Shipping & Handling Free
Taxes $8.81
Total USD $110.06

try UD20OFF (20%) instead of UDMESSENGER ("only" 10% off)

Tried that first as well.. didn't work with SD 3 CD Box Set.
I'll take the 25% and an additional 10% and be very happy with it.
The free shipping is nice as well.

Date: July 9, 2020 20:24

The (very) short excerpt of Scarlet sounded promising thumbs up

Date: July 9, 2020 20:43

DandelionPowderman
Agree! Sounds like a hit single

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 9, 2020 20:53

DandelionPowderman

...and the piano demo of 100 Years Ago too!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 9, 2020 20:55

How does it work with reissues? I know the songwriters get their royalties (or shared revenue). But what about the rest of the band and producers, technicians and other musicians? Do they get paid once again?

Date: July 9, 2020 20:56

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman

Indeed!

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: July 9, 2020 21:03

I think someone may have pointed this out already, but All the Rage is the new title for You Should Have Seen Her Ass. I went back and listened to the bootleg and the phrase - all the rage - appears several times in the murky vocals.

HBK

Date: July 9, 2020 21:11

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman

Can't wait to hear Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Instrumental version

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: July 9, 2020 21:54

HouseBoyKnows
I think someone may have pointed this out already, but All the Rage is the new title for You Should Have Seen Her Ass. I went back and listened to the bootleg and the phrase - all the rage - appears several times in the murky vocals.

HBK

I hope that's true because the piano and Mick Taylor are on hot smiley !!!

As I mentioned in the Criss Cross thread, maybe that song should have accompanied the new video!

Posted by: Snab ()
Date: July 9, 2020 22:18

hockenheim95
Justin
So we're all feeling confident that "Featuring an all-new stereo mix of the original 1973 album,.." simply means a new remaster?

If so, very misleading to use the word remix that way. Incorrect usage.

No, I am completely in the thinking that it is a new mix, not a remaster

This is from RS.com:
Another prized jewel in The Rolling Stones' unmatched catalog is restored to its full glory. This limited-edition Deluxe vinyl box set features the new stereo album mix, sourced from the original session files + Rarities & Alternative mixes including three previously unreleased tracks, Scarlet, All The Rage & Criss Cross. Mastered at half speed by Miles Showell at Abbey Road Studios, London. Also included is The Brussels Affair, recorded live at the Forest National Arena in October 1973 and pressed on 180g vinyl.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 9, 2020 22:26

Snab
hockenheim95
Justin
So we're all feeling confident that "Featuring an all-new stereo mix of the original 1973 album,.." simply means a new remaster?

If so, very misleading to use the word remix that way. Incorrect usage.

No, I am completely in the thinking that it is a new mix, not a remaster

This is from RS.com:
Another prized jewel in The Rolling Stones' unmatched catalog is restored to its full glory. This limited-edition Deluxe vinyl box set features the new stereo album mix, sourced from the original session files + Rarities & Alternative mixes including three previously unreleased tracks, Scarlet, All The Rage & Criss Cross. Mastered at half speed by Miles Showell at Abbey Road Studios, London. Also included is The Brussels Affair, recorded live at the Forest National Arena in October 1973 and pressed on 180g vinyl.

Yes, it mentions who mastered the set but that is a very different process from mixing. It's possible Showell also remixed it but it isn't clear from that description if he did.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 9, 2020 22:35

HiRes 96kHz/24bit - [www.Qobuz.com]

All Track-names have a '2020' addition - could indeed be a new Mix (incl. Remaster).

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 9, 2020 23:19

I'm cautiously optimistic about the remix. I fear it will not match the work that Giles Martin did to his own Beatles remixes like The White Album or Abbey Road.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: July 9, 2020 23:21

Where can you get the demo of 100 years ago?And if its only Japan why do they not release it in America, since they are not releasing much in America anyway

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: July 9, 2020 23:25

Taylor1
Where can you get the demo of 100 years ago?And if its only Japan why do they not release it in America, since they are not releasing much in America anyway

Demo is on the second disk. The Glyn Johns mix from 1973 is Japan-only, along with another mix of Hid Your Love.

Hide Your Love will have a 2020 mix, an "alternative" mix, and a Japan-only Glyn Johns 1973 mix.

That's a lot of love!

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: July 9, 2020 23:31

Dancing With Mr D 2020, yeah we're all dancing with Mr D in 2020

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 9, 2020 23:45

So I have to ask again, when did Glyn Johns do his mixing, fairly recently? Andy Johns is credited as Chief Engineer and mixer in '73

Thanks in advance thumbs up

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 10, 2020 00:09

Maindefender
So I have to ask again, when did Glyn Johns do his mixing, fairly recently? Andy Johns is credited as Chief Engineer and mixer in '73

Thanks in advance thumbs up

It says Glyn Johns 1973 mix

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: July 10, 2020 00:19

So the iTunes version of the release is showing two extra tracks listed as Track 11 and Track 12. Wonder if these are other alternate mixes:

Scarlet
All The Rage
Criss Cross
100 Years Ago (Piano Demo)
Dancing With Mr D (Instrumental)
Heartbreaker (Instrumental)
Hide Your Love (Alternate Mix)
Dancing With Mr D (Glyn Johns 1973 Mix)
Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker) (Glyn Johns 1973 Mix)
Silver Train (Glyn Johns 1973 Mix)
Track 11
Track 12

Posted by: TIRED ()
Date: July 10, 2020 00:34

any details on the promo videos on disc 4 (BR)?

both Angie versions?

All four GSH videos are great, with Mick singing live

Date: July 10, 2020 00:35

JordyLicks96

So the iTunes version of the release is showing two extra tracks listed as Track 11 and Track 12. Wonder if these are other alternate mixes

Maybe: 100 Years Ago (Glyn Johns 1973 Mix) and Hide Your Love (Glyn Johns 1973 Mix) - maybe also digitally available, but physically only in the Japanese Box (similar to the ADTL Alternate Take in 2010).

Date: July 10, 2020 00:45

TIRED

any details on the promo videos on disc 4 (BR)?

"Original Videos: Dancing With Mr D, Silver Train & Angie" - [Store.uDiscoverMusic.com] , [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

Posted by: sbryant89 ()
Date: July 10, 2020 00:52

jbwelda
I picked up the 4 LP set just now from UDiscoverMusic, thanks for the tip and the extra 25% off (though you cannot combine it with the 10% off offer that i could figure out). Still, 80 including tax and free shipping isnt bad. Will wait to see if i can score the cd/blueray/otherjunk set later on for cheap.

Am bugged though: f'in "store exclusive" clear vinyl 2 LP set is already SOLD OUT!!! man that happened fast, i was hoping to grab one of those even if i had to pay retail.

jb

looks like it's back on! I saw the "sold out" earlier as well (for a few of the GHS bundles/items) but now none show as sold out

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 10, 2020 00:55

All the promo stuff is boasting '3 unheard tracks', and they call Criss Cross / Save Me 'unheard'...

But all of us have heard it for years (albeit not in this exact version)

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: July 10, 2020 01:22

I'm very happy with this future release and I will buy the super deluxe box. Maybe. LOL
And I'm also very happy that Mick Taylor finally receives some official credit for a Stones song (criss-cross).

But I really really really miss this song. One of the most beautiful dreamy mysterious instrumentals during GHS. Nicky Hopkins and Mick Taylor are amazing here; Separatly

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: July 10, 2020 03:03

DiamondDog7
I'm very happy with this future release and I will buy the super deluxe box. Maybe. LOL
And I'm also very happy that Mick Taylor finally receives some official credit for a Stones song (criss-cross).

But I really really really miss this song. One of the most beautiful dreamy mysterious instrumentals during GHS. Nicky Hopkins and Mick Taylor are amazing here; Separatly

video: [www.youtube.com]
I think because it’s credited as a Taylor -Richards composition I don’t think it would have been on the album unless Jagger had added lyrics.But Taylor already did that.It is a beautiful song

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 10, 2020 03:30

MisterDDDD
Hairball
trm15
UDiscoverMusic USA has a 25% sale until July 31st, plus you can stack a 20% coupon code (SURVEY20) for vinyl purchases. So the 4LP set comes to $75USD. And, free US Shipping!

You can't use the extra 20% off for the 3CD/Blu-Ray set but still 25% off brings the price to $112.49 USD.

shop.udiscovermusic.com

Thanks, this might be the best deal yet for what I was looking for, and the 20% discount applied to all three.

Deluxe 2 CD: $12.00
Deluxe 2 LP: $21.60
Cassette: $7.80

And free shipping within the USA.

*Edit: I tried adding the additional 10% discount code posted by MisterDDD, but it canceled out the 20% code SURVEY20, so I changed it back.

The 10% code worked for me. (have to connect with them on FB messenger)
For first time purchasers, I had not ordered from them before.

The check-out page already had the 25% mark-down applied and then a space to add a code.. Great deal!!

Goats Head Soup Super Deluxe 3CD + Blu-ray Box Set
1 $112.49

Cost summary
Description Price
Subtotal $112.49
Discount UDMESSENGER - $11.24 $11.24 off total order price
Shipping & Handling Free
Taxes $8.81
Total USD $110.06

Yes the 25% off is already there for all products, and also space to add a code, but it would only allow one code or the other - either the UDMESSENGER 10% off or the SURVEY20 20% off - could not use both,
Obviously went for the SURVEY20 20% which was in addition the 25% off already given, so for example, 2 cd already on sale 25% off at $14.99 (regular $19.98), then take an additional 20% off to take it down to $12.00.
Had I opted for the 3CD + Blu-ray Box like you did, I would have ordered separately and applied the 10% off since the 20% wasn't valid for it as trm15 mentioned above.

Anyhow, went back to double check by adding two cd set to cart and applying SURVEY20, but now says "The SURVEY20 discount code has already been used", so guess that's all she wrote for that code.
That said, if I get a wild hair and decide for the 3 cd/blu ray, I can still use the 10% off in addition to the 25% off, but don't think that's happening...I do like those four posters included, but am in no hurry,
already have Brussels, and still think it's a bit expensive...will just wait and hope for some massive blowout sales which no doubt will happen eventually.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: July 10, 2020 03:34

JordyLicks96
So the iTunes version of the release is showing two extra tracks listed as Track 11 and Track 12. Wonder if these are other alternate mixes:

Scarlet
All The Rage
Criss Cross
100 Years Ago (Piano Demo)
Dancing With Mr D (Instrumental)
Heartbreaker (Instrumental)
Hide Your Love (Alternate Mix)
Dancing With Mr D (Glyn Johns 1973 Mix)
Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker) (Glyn Johns 1973 Mix)
Silver Train (Glyn Johns 1973 Mix)
Track 11
Track 12

My guess is that they are the Japanese bonus tracks.

- 100 Years Ago (Glyn Johns 1973 Mix) *Bonus-Track only for Japanese Edition
- Hide Your Love (Glyn Johns 1973 Mix) *Bonus-Track only for Japanese Edition

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 10, 2020 03:39

I'm glad to get this release. Would you rather have nothing? If so, then don't buy it.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 10, 2020 03:44

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1900
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home