Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...919293949596979899100101Next
Current Page: 98 of 101
“Dancing With Mr. D” different from original on Expanded ‘Goats Head Soup’
Posted by: CrosseyedHeart ()
Date: December 5, 2020 06:42

I don’t know if this has already been addressed-if so I apologize-I couldn’t find it anywhere. Does anyone know why the album version of “Dancing With Mr. D” is slightly different from the version that has always been on ‘Goats Head Soup’? I don’t mean the alternate version on the “expanded” disc-I mean the one on the album itself. There was a scream from Mick during Mick Taylor’s guitar solo that is now gone plus Mick’s ad libs during the outro are slightly different. There’s also a “whoo” from someone that was never there before, plus some other very minor differences. Why would Mick alter the track? Very strange.
Believe me-I’ve listened to that song probably a couple of thousand times since ‘73. I can detect even the slightest of differences at this point! They jump out at me!

Re: “Dancing With Mr. D” different from original on Expanded ‘Goats Head Soup’
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 5, 2020 06:47

It's a new mix.

Date: December 5, 2020 06:49

Giles Martin remixed the album.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: December 5, 2020 06:53

Yup the whole album was remixed by Giles Martin. Mick's ad libs during the outro are exactly the same as the original album, except this remix brought the vocals more upfront. The same with "Coming Down Again" as in there are more background vocals throughout the song which was edited out on the original album mix.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: December 5, 2020 13:12

On sept 7th i did ask on facebook: Question, no one is missing the scream just after 2:11 in Dancing With Mr. D. 2020 mix?

That was not a scream from Mick Jagger but from a female(s), acccording The Complete Works Website: THE ROLLING STONES DATABASE by Nico Zentgraf ( [www.nzentgraf.de] , see 1973) they are screams form some movies.
The very dark sound with the scream is completely mixed away.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: December 5, 2020 13:53

You can now here Mick say get out of here, or he’ll kill you at the intro of the song

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: December 6, 2020 04:33

It's the nefarious workings of Dr. Death.

Date: December 6, 2020 05:14

Taylor1
You can now here Mick say get out of here, or he’ll kill you at the intro of the song

What exactly does Mick say. I've listened to it a lot, that's not what he says.

Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue - out September 4
Date: December 6, 2020 17:00

Oh yes he does.I can’t make out the first few words but I was listening to just the vocals and I can clearly hear him sayGet out of here, or he’ll kill you

Date: December 6, 2020 17:23

Taylor1
Oh yes he does.I can’t make out the first few words but I was listening to just the vocals and I can clearly hear him sayGet out of here, or he’ll kill you

That's not what he says.

Date: December 6, 2020 17:32

GasLightStreet
Taylor1

That's not what he says.
Ge clearly says or he’ll kill you.I think he says get out of here or he’ll kill you.Get yourself some software where you can hear it , or just tell me what he says since you are hiding it . As this is really so trivial and stupid wasting time on it, I will defer to you, likeI would to Moses

Date: December 6, 2020 17:55

Taylor1
GasLightStreet
Taylor1

That's not what he says.
Ge clearly says or he’ll kill you.I think he says get out of here or he’ll kill you.Get yourself some software where you can hear it , or just tell me what he says since you are hiding it . As this is really so trivial and stupid wasting time on it, I will defer to you, likeI would to Moses

LOL

I don't know what he says! But he doesn't say "Get out of here or I'll kill you" anywhere. The first bit sounds like "You did it". The second bit is too slurred, it sounds like some kind of jabber on the corner, "Orrrr hittehhh" is next, which could be 'you're guilty' maybe no telling but it sure as hell ain't "I'll kill you".

Posted by: CrosseyedHeart ()
Date: December 7, 2020 21:31

The scream is definitely gone. I miss it. I'll stick with the original version I know and love.
My nickname in high school-my first name is Doug-was "Mr. D" because of that song. A couple of people still call me that to this day.

Date: December 7, 2020 21:46

Taylor1
GasLightStreet
Taylor1

That's not what he says.

I hear 'I'll tell you'. Why would he say 'I'll kill you'? He'll kill death?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: December 7, 2020 21:46

Taylor1
GasLightStreet
Taylor1

That's not what he says.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: December 7, 2020 21:47

Taylor1
GasLightStreet
Taylor1

That's not what he says.

To me the second part sounds like "I can tell ya"

Date: December 8, 2020 03:51

Taylor1
GasLightStreet
Taylor1

That's not what he says.

Quite the perspective, "just tell me what he says since you are hiding it . As this is really so trivial and stupid wasting time on it, I will defer to you, likeI would to Moses".

The Moses thing makes zero sense. You say it's "so trivial and stupid wasting time on it" but you don't even know what he's saying to begin with yet you clearly insist you know because you have software and you're spending time on it!?

Very entertaining! What other lyrical messes are there!?

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: December 8, 2020 04:29

>Why would he say 'I'll kill you'? He'll kill death?

Why? Because he is taking on "Mr D"'s role when he is saying that? You know, Mr D presumably kills people; he is warning you, he will kill you.

Seems pretty simple to me and I don't even know or care what he is saying, but it is logical to be saying that in that context.

jb

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 21, 2020 22:12

Decent sale on the GHS SUPER DELUXE 4LP (and others) on now at Universal Music.
$87.49 plus free US shipping,

This version on sale for $20.99
30% off most albums etc.
Some great deals particularly on the more xpensive items..
[shop.udiscovermusic.com]

Date: December 21, 2020 23:05

jbwelda
>Why would he say 'I'll kill you'? He'll kill death?

Why? Because he is taking on "Mr D"'s role when he is saying that? You know, Mr D presumably kills people; he is warning you, he will kill you.

Seems pretty simple to me and I don't even know or care what he is saying, but it is logical to be saying that in that context.

jb

Why go to these lengths instead of merely saying 'he'll kill you'?

I still hear 'tell' (as in I'll tell you a story), not 'kill'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-21 23:05 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: December 21, 2020 23:25

Well, according to the Apple Music lyrics, he's saying:

"You're dirty
Oh, you're dirty"

I always thought he was saying:

"Get Down
Oh, get down"

I always find it fascinating when Mick slurs the actual lyric, making it sound like it could be a million different things.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 22, 2020 02:08

JordyLicks96
Well, according to the Apple Music lyrics, he's saying:

"You're dirty
Oh, you're dirty"

I always thought he was saying:

"Get Down
Oh, get down"

I always find it fascinating when Mick slurs the actual lyric, making it sound like it could be a million different things.

A few other sites have this as the lyric.. I guess not definitive as others could be getting from same source, but I believe this must be correct.
"You're dirty
Oh, you're dirty

Yeah, down in the graveyard where we have our tryst
The air smells sweet, the air smells sick
He never smiles, his mouth merely twists
The breath in my lungs feels clinging and thick
The palms of my hands is clammy and wet

[www.musixmatch.com]
[www.shazam.com]
[www.google.com]

Date: December 22, 2020 02:11

Thanks for the tip on the sale, I grabbed one of those GHS with the single. Also preordered the upcoming 6 LP Bob Marley Songs of Freedom set in color vinyl. Great price on that as well, got the original cd set but not on vinyl.

As for the lyrics, I would have to go back and listen again but as we know ole mush mouth Jagger there can make it pretty difficult sometimes.

jb

Date: December 22, 2020 09:48

<ole mush mouth Jagger there can make it pretty difficult sometimes>

Indeed! smiling smiley

Posted by: plusplusjames ()
Date: December 25, 2020 00:53

Yeah, I complained about this in September...

Date: September 11, 2020 03:47

Alright, who's the ARSEHOLE who stole the scream from Dancin' With Mr. D on the 2020 rerelease?

Every time I listen to this track, I enjoy the scream at 2:15-2:17, the one that got left over from Ventilator Blues. Now, I listen to the new version and Goddamn it, the scream isn't there! Who took it? I'm serious, I want it back NOW, damn it! This is not funny!

I'm gonna go face the corner, cover my ears, and who ever teefed it, just put it back. Please.

Don't make come out there and straighten you out. Stealing screams from the band's work is a major offense. Especially with a major rerelease that is GHS.

My re-rerelease review that specifically mentions the scream: [iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-25 01:03 by plusplusjames.

Date: December 25, 2020 02:06

plusplusjames

Alright, who's the ARSEHOLE who stole the scream from Dancin' With Mr. D on the 2020 rerelease?

Every time I listen to this track, I enjoy the scream at 2:15-2:17, the one that got left over from Ventilator Blues. Now, I listen to the new version and Goddamn it, the scream isn't there! Who took it? I'm serious, I want it back NOW, damn it! This is not funny!

I'm gonna go face the corner, cover my ears, and who ever teefed it, just put it back. Please.

Don't make come out there and straighten you out. Stealing screams from the band's work is a major offense. Especially with a major rerelease that is GHS.

It's still there... on the original album mix. So, you know, no big.

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: December 25, 2020 12:12

plusplusjames

You can still hear the screams at centre 42...
They're loud enough to bust your brains out.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-25 12:19 by deeeskannnie.

Date: December 26, 2020 03:04

Yes, yes, original all good. It’s the new mix where someone teefed it. Also who sings ultra bass on CYHTM? The goat?

Date: December 26, 2020 05:41

Well if there weren't differences, what good would a remix be anyway? I agree that the original is still there on the original, and now this is a second version. Pretty good version too, I like it more than the original but maybe its the novelty.

jb

Date: December 26, 2020 11:31

plusplusjames
Yes, yes, original all good. It’s the new mix where someone teefed it. Also who sings ultra bass on CYHTM? The goat?

Mick, most likely they had fun with the tape in the process smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...919293949596979899100101Next
Current Page: 98 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1776
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home