Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8485868788899091929394...LastNext
Current Page: 89 of 101
Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue - out September 4
Posted by: exil ()
Date: September 13, 2020 08:56

Starting To Digest The Japan Deluxe.Listened To The New Stereo Mix.And Loved It.I Think They Have Done A Good Job On This.Will Listen To The Alternative Mixes Disk Next And I Cant Wait.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 13, 2020 09:32

exil
Starting To Digest The Japan Deluxe.Listened To The New Stereo Mix.And Loved It.I Think They Have Done A Good Job On This.Will Listen To The Alternative Mixes Disk Next And I Cant Wait.

But You Don't Have To Wait, Just Listen.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 13, 2020 11:08

Erik_Snow
exil

But You Don't Have To Wait, Just Listen.

And you don’t have to Captitalize every word

Rod

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 13, 2020 12:20

stonesstein
Since I first bought it in 77-ish, GHS was, is, and always will be a GREAT Stones' LP!!

After all, they still play 1/2 the LP in concert in their last 5-6 years of set lists.

So, Lester Bangs, Dave Marsh, and all those "hipper-than-thous" out there,

GO DRINK SOME BELLADONNA ON A TOUSSAINT NIGHT!!!

1/2 of the LP being played in concert in recent years???
well, they played Mr D. five times in 2017, 3x Heartbreaker and 20x Angie between 2013 and 2019 and Silver Train 3 times in 2014) – that's hardly half of the album and not song from GHS is regularly performed.
I'm not even sure that that they did ever do two GHS songs in one show (after 2006)…

The Rolling Stones break Official Chart record number 1 with Goats Head Soup
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 12, 2020 02:30

An other record....................still number one after six decades..............

[www.officialcharts.com]

Re: The Rolling Stones break Official Chart record number 1 with Goats Head Soup
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 12, 2020 02:44

CHEERS .... it deserves it ....

Stay Safe

ROCKMAN

Re: The Rolling Stones break Official Chart record number 1 with Goats Head Soup
Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: September 12, 2020 03:05

Never heard of official charts. Im sure they went around in 1973. Just Billboard and Cashbox.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 12, 2020 04:00

Cooltoplady

Never heard of official charts.

It's: "The Official UK Charts Company". More about them: [www.OfficialCharts.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-12 04:05 by Irix.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: September 12, 2020 05:35

That’s great to see. Six decades of number one albums is simply amazing

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 12, 2020 06:09

Also posted on the GHS thread:

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: September 12, 2020 07:34

Bowie had 2 in the top ten in 73 as well.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: September 12, 2020 07:43

snorton
Bowie had 2 in the top ten in 73 as well.

I count 3.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 12, 2020 10:02

NICOS
An other record....................still number one after six decades..............

[www.officialcharts.com]

A great underrated album. It deserves #1
hot smiley

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: September 12, 2020 13:04

Impressive! With Seven decades from 60’s to 20’s - which decade did they NOT top any chart?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-12 13:04 by Thommie.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: September 12, 2020 13:22

No telling how a new album with fresh product will do ? Come on, guys, get one out.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: September 12, 2020 18:30

Thommie
Impressive! With Seven decades from 60’s to 20’s - which decade did they NOT top any chart?

Depends on how you count. If a decade starts in the year ending on 1, it’s the 1980s. If a decade starts in year 0 it’s the 2000s.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-12 18:57 by BowieStone.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 13, 2020 13:55

Those 1973 charts...

Sweet
The Stones
David Essex
Rod Stewart
and
Al Martino
Perry Como

Wow, variety!!!

Rod

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 13, 2020 14:11

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-14 08:43 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: September 13, 2020 15:47

Okay, shoot me down in flames but I am loving the new Hide Your Love. hot smiley

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: September 13, 2020 17:27

slewan
stonesstein
Since I first bought it in 77-ish, GHS was, is, and always will be a GREAT Stones' LP!!

After all, they still play 1/2 the LP in concert in their last 5-6 years of set lists.

well, they played Mr D. five times in 2017, 3x Heartbreaker and 20x Angie between 2013 and 2019 and Silver Train 3 times in 2014) – that's hardly half of the album and not song from GHS is regularly performed.
I'm not even sure that that they did ever do two GHS songs in one show (after 2006)…

First, I thought they'd done Star Star since 2003. Oh, well.

Still, the Stones have performed a higher % of songs off of GHS than is the case with so many other LPs. They've returned to Mr. D and Silver Train in recent years, whereas LPs like IORR, ER, B&B, Buttons, Undercover, and Dirty Work have fewer songs in the last decade's canon.

My point is that it seems to me that the band thinks more of this LP than many others.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 13, 2020 17:39

stonesstein
slewan
stonesstein

Still, the Stones have performed a higher % of songs off of GHS than is the case with so many other LPs. They've returned to Mr. D and Silver Train in recent years, whereas LPs like IORR, ER, B&B, Buttons, Undercover, and Dirty Work have fewer songs in the last decade's canon.

My point is that it seems to me that the band thinks more of this LP than many others.

they have been torturing as with IORR on a (almost) nightly basis. Out of ER Emotional Rescue and She's So Cold have been performed a couple of times.
And Undercover, Dirty Work, B&B, eh, well, forget these albums…

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: September 13, 2020 17:51

slewan
stonesstein
slewan
stonesstein

they have been torturing as with IORR on a (almost) nightly basis. Out of ER Emotional Rescue and She's So Cold have been performed a couple of times.
And Undercover, Dirty Work, B&B, eh, well, forget these albums…

IORR and Black & Blue are really good records as well with some benchmark Stones on both. Sure, there are a couple tracks on each which are forgettable and even bad, but there's 16 songs I still listen to and regularly. (Not If You Really Want to Be My Friend or Fool to Cry, though!)

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: September 13, 2020 18:20

The double LP's sound really good. The vinyl is quiet and my copies are flat. Overall, this project is a success for me at least from a listening standpoint. I always thought the mix on the initial release was kind of muddy. The new offering has the vocals and instruments in what seems to be greater detail than we are accustomed to on this album. I am hearing nuances that I don't get from initial US vinyl copy I have somehow kept in very good condition. I can turn up the volume and it plays clean. While I don't say this about some remixed albums Goats Head Soup has been given a nice treatment. I have not heard the cd's, but the vinyl is worth owning of this album.

Date: September 13, 2020 19:55

Thommie

The 00s.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 13, 2020 23:25

DandelionPowderman
Thommie

The 00s.

A Bigger Bang - 10x Number 1 - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Forty Licks - 6x Number 1 - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Date: September 13, 2020 23:31

Irix
DandelionPowderman
Thommie

The 00s.

A Bigger Bang - 10x Number 1 - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Forty Licks - 6x Number 1 - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

In the UK was the question. ABB and 40 Licks made it to #2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-13 23:32 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: plusplusjames ()
Date: September 14, 2020 02:52

A question for the cognoscenti here:

Who is the basso profondo singing backup on Can You Hear the Music? He’s really, really deep and low in the mix singing “hear the music” when Jagger sings “can you hear the music” especially near the end of the track. His prominence in the vocals is pretty much the same from the original version to the new remixed one. Is it Billy? A Jamaican studio extra? Is it the goat? And should we have some sympathy and courtesy?

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: September 14, 2020 03:32

Yeah its the goat, bleating that he don't want to be in the pot. Unsuccessfully as it turned out but at least his bleats live on. They were too stingy, again, to give due credit in the linear notes.

jb

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: September 14, 2020 04:51

plusplusjames
A question for the cognoscenti here:

Who is the basso profondo singing backup on Can You Hear the Music? He’s really, really deep and low in the mix singing “hear the music” when Jagger sings “can you hear the music” especially near the end of the track. His prominence in the vocals is pretty much the same from the original version to the new remixed one. Is it Billy? A Jamaican studio extra? Is it the goat? And should we have some sympathy and courtesy?

I think it’s Jagger and the tape was manipulated for a pitch effect. I noticed there is a higher pitched one as well.

Date: September 14, 2020 09:11

Yeah, sounds like Mick, both as bass and chipmunk smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8485868788899091929394...LastNext
Current Page: 89 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1392
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home