Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8182838485868788899091...LastNext
Current Page: 86 of 101
Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue - out September 4
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 9, 2020 22:46

FoolToCry
No. 1 in Germany Mid- Week Charts!!!
[www.mtv.de]

smileys with beer

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 9, 2020 23:22

The Stones are going for that #1 in the UK, so few sales to not try:

Single CD Version of GHS at £4.99 on the official store:
[therollingstonesshop.co.uk]

Date: September 9, 2020 23:55

georgelicks
The Stones are going for that #1 in the UK, so few sales to not try:

Single CD Version of GHS at £4.99 on the official store:
[therollingstonesshop.co.uk]

C'mon...it's time for #1 hot smiley

Date: September 9, 2020 23:58

Only Mick could do this...and still be cool as hell!
[youtu.be]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 10, 2020 04:07

KRiffhard
Only Mick could do this...and still be cool as hell!
[youtu.be]

Listen to all the vocals - there are more backing vox than the LP version!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 10, 2020 12:25

UK ONLY - win an exclusive Goats Head Soup Vinyl Test Pressing and 3x Limited Edition A2 artwork prints:

[Twitter.com] · [Shop.AbbeyRoad.com]

Date: September 10, 2020 14:28

I swore not to, but I caved in and got the album with the alternate cover + single as well.

I never learn smiling smiley

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 10, 2020 14:49

DandelionPowderman
I swore not to, but I caved in and got the album with the alternate cover + single as well.

There were reports (Nico on Fcool smiley that single actually contains album but not single edit. Tell us if this is true for the whole world or something regional.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: September 10, 2020 15:02

DandelionPowderman

Yeah, so did I.

Date: September 10, 2020 16:19

The Rolling Stones pull ahead of Declan McKenna in this week's Official Albums Chart race

The Rolling Stones have pulled ahead of Declan McKenna in the nail-bitingly close race for this week’s Number 1 album.

After holding at Number 2 throughout the week, The Rolling Stones’ reissue of their 1973 album Goats Head Soup has steadily been gaining ground and the Official Charts Company can confirm that it’s all change overnight – The Stones have now nudged ahead of Declan McKenna’s second album Zeros in the battle for Number 1. As things stand there are just 282 chart sales between the two acts.

It’s all to play for on tomorrow’s final chart, as The Rolling Stones have the edge on sales following the grand opening of their new permanent shop on Carnaby Street, but Declan is charging ahead of the band on streams.

[www.officialcharts.com]

Date: September 10, 2020 16:22

The album is on sale on UK's iTunes, Amazon and the oficial store, they want that #1 tomorrow.

Date: September 10, 2020 16:23

georgelicks
The album is on sale on UK's iTunes, Amazon and the oficial store, they want that #1 tomorrow.

'cause the time is right for...#1 hot smiley
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-10 16:26 by KRiffhard.

Date: September 10, 2020 16:35

georgelicks

37-Track Deluxe-Edition, £19.99 - [Music.Apple.com] , 10-Track Album, £4.99 - [Music.Apple.com] .

By The Rolling Stones: "UK fans… Goats Head Soup 2020 CD is £5.99 on Amazon for the next 12 hours" - [Twitter.com] , "Goats Head Soup 2020 standard album is just £4.99 on iTunes" - [Twitter.com] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-10 16:55 by Irix.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 10, 2020 17:19

LeonidP
VoodooLounge13
Irix
VoodooLounge13

Does the Japanese release contain any bonus tracks or things?

The difference of the Japanese 3CD+BR are the 2 Bonus-Tracks on CD2 - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] :

- 100 Years Ago (Glyn Johns 1973 Mix)
- Can You Hear The Music (Glyn Johns 1973 Mix)

The CDs are SHM-versions (Super High Material).

Thanks Irix. That's going to be pricey for 2 bonus tracks, but need to have the complete collection!!

If you already purchased it, you should not have to shell out hundreds for 2 tracks. There are cheaper options:
iorr

I haven't purchased it yet. Generally I wait to see where the bonus tracks are. Have learned the hard way, unfortunately, with EOMS outtakes and Stripped.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: September 10, 2020 20:28

I think the promovideos on the bluray are marvelous - the restoration is as good as one had hoped. So nice now to have especially the Angie promo (version 2) in high quality.

Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: September 10, 2020 21:13

Posted by: plusplusjames ()
Date: September 11, 2020 03:47

Alright, who's the ARSEHOLE who stole the scream from Dancin' With Mr. D on the 2020 rerelease?

Every time I listen to this track, I enjoy the scream at 2:15-2:17, the one that got left over from Ventilator Blues. Now, I listen to the new version and Goddamn it, the scream isn't there! Who took it? I'm serious, I want it back NOW, damn it! This is not funny!

I'm gonna go face the corner, cover my ears, and who ever teefed it, just put it back. Please.

Don't make come out there and straighten you out. Stealing screams from the band's work is a major offense. Especially with a major rerelease that is GHS.

My re-rerelease review that specifically mentions the scream: [iorr.org]

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: September 11, 2020 04:07

Just took the plunge & bought the records (super deluxe). Just playing it on amazon now as the records have not arrived. Enjoying disc b. Very good

Date: September 11, 2020 09:17

plusplusjames
Alright, who's the ARSEHOLE who stole the scream from Dancin' With Mr. D on the 2020 rerelease?

Every time I listen to this track, I enjoy the scream at 2:15-2:17, the one that got left over from Ventilator Blues. Now, I listen to the new version and Goddamn it, the scream isn't there! Who took it? I'm serious, I want it back NOW, damn it! This is not funny!

I'm gonna go face the corner, cover my ears, and who ever teefed it, just put it back. Please.

Don't make come out there and straighten you out. Stealing screams from the band's work is a major offense. Especially with a major rerelease that is GHS.

...it's the same who stole the whistle from Starfu$#@ at 1:20!

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: September 11, 2020 09:45

KRiffhard
plusplusjames

...it's the same who stole the whistle from Starfu$#@ at 1:20!

Talking about missing screams ... the original single version of You Can't Always Get What You Want had a great background (behind the final Choir chorus) scream (actually a a short and longer one) by Mick. It disappeared on other versions.
Shame, shame, shame.

Date: September 11, 2020 09:51

..but in return we have some nice punk stuff!!!
[youtu.be]

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 11, 2020 17:57

kovach
Listening to the surround-sound mix, watching the goat head soup simmer on my 65" screen is both a bit freaky and mesmerizing at the same time. smoking smiley

Core Stones front and center with very clear supporting peripherals (horns, keyboards, strings) coming at you from all angles.

I must say, having the Beatles surround-sound remixes of Sgt. Pepper, the White Album, and Abbey Road, they sound a bit better imo, more separation of instruments. Maybe the original studio tapes were just better or more tracks to work with or something (GHS largely being recorded in Jamaica may explain some of that). I think the Beatles put together music more piece-meal, where the Stones did more as a group effort back then which might allow for more options with the original tapes.

Not saying sound quality is the be-all/end-call, that has little to do with the overall quality of the musicianship and songs. Just an observance.

Date: September 11, 2020 18:25

FoolToCry

No. 1 in Germany Mid- Week Charts!!! [www.mtv.de]

On Friday, 11-Sep-2020, GHS 2020 is #2 in Germany - [www.OffizielleCharts.de] - [www.OffizielleCharts.de] .

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 11, 2020 18:28

Can someone say which guitars Keith plays on Silver Train and Can You Hear the Music.And isn’t that Keith playing the slide on the Dancing With Mr D instrumental? it doesn’t sound like Taylor

Posted by: perosand ()
Date: September 11, 2020 18:29

Sweden nr.8

Date: September 11, 2020 18:35

Taylor1

Can someone say which guitars Keith plays on Silver Train and Can You Hear the Music.

Maybe these Credits help - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 11, 2020 18:37

plusplusjames

Well... it's a small detail that helps to make the new mix different. I don't mind it missing - I can always listen to the other one.

Date: September 11, 2020 19:02

#1 confirmed in the UK, amazing achievement.

Date: September 11, 2020 19:30

georgelicks

#1 confirmed in the UK, amazing achievement.

[www.OfficialCharts.com] - smileys with beer

Date: September 11, 2020 19:46

Rolling Stones Break Records As ‘Goats Head Soup’ Returns To UK No.1

The new success is the Stones’ 13th UK No.1 album, and they become the first band to have UK bestsellers in six different decades.

Published on September 11, 2020
By Paul Sexton

At the end of a close-fought chart battle, the Rolling Stones’ expanded, multi-format reissue of Goats Head Soup has taken the 1973 album back to No.1 in the UK.

The album narrowly saw off the challenge of 21-year-old English singer-songwriter Declan McKenna’s second album Zeros, which had led in earlier midweek data from the Official Charts Company. The Stones pulled ahead in sales to the end of Wednesday (9) and maintained their lead to the close of the chart week at midnight last night. They won the race by the tiny margin of just over 800 combined units.

The new success gives the band their 13th UK No.1 album, drawing them level with the totals achieved by Elvis Presley and Robbie Williams. Only The Beatles now have more, with 15. Goats Head Soup was also this week’s bestseller in physical sales alone.

No.1s across six decades
The OCC has confirmed that the No.1 achievement means that the Rolling Stones are the first band in UK chart history to achieve chart-topping UK albums in six different decades. The sequence extends to more than 56 years, since their self-titled debut album spent the first of 12 consecutive weeks at No.1 in May 1964. The new feat also repeats the success of the 2010 deluxe reissue of 1972’s Exile On Main St., which returned to the summit after 48 years.

Goats Head Soup was first released on August 31, 1973, and debuted at the top of the UK chart for the week of September 22 that year. It spent two consecutive weeks at the summit, and six in the top ten. This week’s survey has the band leading a top five that also features, in order, McKenna, Pop Smoke, Nines and Taylor Swift.

Forty-seven years ago, their Top 5 rivals in the album’s debut week were Rod Stewart, who’d been on top the week before with the compilation Sing It Again Rod; easy listening acts Peters & Lee and the Carpenters; and David Bowie with Aladdin Sane.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8182838485868788899091...LastNext
Current Page: 86 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2147
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home