Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586...LastNext
Current Page: 81 of 101
Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue - out September 4
Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: September 6, 2020 17:18

May have been mentioned, but Four and In was the working title for Dancing With Mr. D

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: September 6, 2020 18:04

I got the GOATS HEAD SOUP 2020 SUPER DELUXE VINYL BOX SET, but I regret it a little bit. There's no book or posters or other fun stuff. Stupid of me. I should've bought the other box! sad smiley

BUT I really love the sound quality and I love the instrumental version of Heartbreaker. Filled with mystery and coolness!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 6, 2020 18:12

slewan
I just bought the GHS 2CD edition at amazon Germany and – guess what? – Brussels is included in the audio rip (plus the war on drugs as well as the Killers remix of Scarlett) – all for 17.99 Euros…

and I canceled my order of the deluxe box, of course. An extra 70 Euros for some gimmicks is just too much

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 6, 2020 18:17

Ok ...I want it all how much is the going price in US Dollars ?

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: September 6, 2020 18:38

TravelinMan
May have been mentioned, but Four and In was the working title for Dancing With Mr. D

Very interesting!! Where exactly does it say it? First Thing (Sans Keith) was the working title for Winter. Says it in the video for Star Star where it shows the session log.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: September 6, 2020 19:12

17.99 euro = 21.30 US$

Just put 17.99 euro into google and it will offer the conversion for you

jb

Date: September 6, 2020 19:30

jbwelda
17.99 euro = 21.30 US$

Just put 17.99 euro into google and it will offer the conversion for you

jb

Does it have the masterpiece piano version of 100 Years Ago?

Posted by: bam ()
Date: September 6, 2020 19:36

Chris Fountain
"100 Years Ago": oh what a beauty, a true gem! Interesting to hear how finished the demo version of the song is here, all the words, chords and musical phases are there. Wonderfully crafted song."

The piano version is outstanding and length is correct. In other words, the more simplistic the more superior this song rings. May be the Gem of the collection.
Agree 100%.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 6, 2020 19:39

First thing as an aka for Winter would make sense since Taylor said in an interview that was the first song they worked on.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 6, 2020 19:45

Chris Fountain
Ok ...I want it all how much is the going price in US Dollars ?

you can buy the tracks you want individually – just pick them here: [www.amazon.de]ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=PXQSPOHA1C76&sprefix=rolling+stones+goast%2Cdigital-music%2C144&ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_1_20

might be a little more expansive but you save the shipping costs (unless you want the physical item (2CDs))

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 6, 2020 19:50

slewan
I just bought the GHS 2CD edition at amazon Germany and – guess what? – Brussels is included in the audio rip (plus the war on drugs as well as the Killers remix of Scarlett) – all for 17.99 Euros…

Amazon didn't auto-rip with my order. I didn't realize you have to find the one that has the tag. That explains some of the other Amazon orders I've done that haven't appeared on the music player.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 6, 2020 19:58

OpenG
Wyman only played bass on 3 songs on GHS and he had limited work on Exile due to him not being around when songs were done.Yes Mick Taylor and Keith are capable replacements.Taylor probably did his most work on GHS with the stones playing bass on 3 songs in addition to his guitar work.

And yet, he's the bass player for the most important song on the album, Angie. Maybe some of the other songs would have sounded better if Bill had been on them. He's much better on the live Brussels version of Dancing With Mr. D than Mick Taylor is on the studio version. Maybe that's what's missing from GHS is the distinctive Stones sound Bill brings. Some people would argue that their overall best album is Sticky Fingers. Bill is on every cut.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 6, 2020 20:01

Irix
mick64

The website of the stones is sold out

GHS 2020 2LP - Clear-Vinyl (Alternate Cover): [Platenzaak.nl] .

I thought that was supposed to be an "exclusive" that was only available on Rollingstones.com?
Both sites describe it as "Store Exclusive Format"....

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 6, 2020 20:05

Hairball

I thought that was supposed to be an "exclusive" that was only available on Rollingstones.com?

Looks like it has something to do with the Unzipped-Exhibition in the Groninger Museum that the Clear-2LP is also available at Platenzaak.nl.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 6, 2020 20:26

Irix
Hairball

Looks like it has something to do with the Unzipped-Exhibition in the Groninger Museum that the Clear-2LP is also available at Platenzaak.nl.

If I'm reading the thread right, this is also currently available at Merchbar.
They've done a good job of updating what they have in stock and what's back-ordered on this release I've noticed.. seems to be up to date.
Have always had great service from them.
[www.merchbar.com]

Date: September 6, 2020 20:30

bam
Chris Fountain
"100 Years Ago": oh what a beauty, a true gem! Interesting to hear how finished the demo version of the song is here, all the words, chords and musical phases are there. Wonderfully crafted song."

The piano version is outstanding and length is correct. In other words, the more simplistic the more superior this song rings. May be the Gem of the collection.
Agree 100%.

Just for Clarification - I responded to an excerpt of Doxa's post, which is bolded.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: September 6, 2020 20:34

I finally listened to the remix... and I'm so happy.

Mr D is more funky
100 years ago is more lyrical
Coming Down Again is even more emotive
Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo rocks harder...

and so on and forth.

A great album just got greater - terrific job Mr Martin- easily the best of the expanded reissues so far.

Now, what I want next is a proper release of 'I Don't Know the Reason Why a.k.a. Hill side Blues' . That's the great lost 70's track IMHO and why we didn't get out with Sticky Fingers is beyond me.

Could we one day get a box set with Come on Sugar, Hillside Blues, Fiji Gin, Misty Roads etc? I can only dream.....

Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue
Date: September 6, 2020 20:43

Rockman

So where is the 100 Yrs Ago piano cut Also Heartbreaker accoustic?

Date: September 6, 2020 21:20

[Forums.SteveHoffman.tv]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-06 21:24 by Irix.

Date: September 6, 2020 21:30

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-07 20:00 by Irix.

Date: September 6, 2020 21:36

Taylor1
First thing as an aka for Winter would make sense since Taylor said in an interview that was the first song they worked on.

Surely you mean the first thing they worked on after Silver Train and Hide Your Love?

Date: September 6, 2020 21:40

Thanks Irix!!! That is exactly What i will purchase as either a download or CD Set or even both.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 6, 2020 22:02

DandelionPowderman
Taylor1

Surely you mean the first thing they worked on after Silver Train and Hide Your Love?
On the Time is on Our Side website,Taylor is quoted as saying in 1973 GHS started with Winter,With Mick strumming the chords and everything else falling in.So yes Silver Train was worked on earlier .But according to Taylor ,Winter was the first songthey worked on when they got to Jamaica

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: September 6, 2020 22:28

I drove an hour each way from south of Boston up to Salem NH to get the a super Deluxe CD box at Bull Moose - $119, so I saved about $40.
Very happy with it so far - only disappointing thing is I wish there was a CD sleeve for Brussels - it’s just in a cut out in the box.

Date: September 6, 2020 22:35

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-07 20:00 by Irix.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 6, 2020 23:31

I haven't bought any version of this reissue, nor do I intend to, I can listen on Spotify and that suits me.

But, I sure as hell would like to be wearing a GHS Tshirt around now.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: September 6, 2020 23:35

JordyLicks96
TravelinMan

Very interesting!! Where exactly does it say it? First Thing (Sans Keith) was the working title for Winter. Says it in the video for Star Star where it shows the session log.

If you look at the track notes for Four and In, one of the tracks is even labeled “Mr. Dee”. Probably as the background vocal track. The other songs like Give Us a Break were most likely working titles as well. Probably for songs like Heartbreaker and Star Star etc. Maybe even Tops.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 6, 2020 23:39

That Heartbreaker instrumental is so jazzy, so fly.

Right now it's my favourite thing on this lovely re-issue.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: September 7, 2020 00:13

they gave song credit to MT on Criss Cross?

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: September 7, 2020 00:29

Bought GHS today (the 2 CD version-don't want to pay extra cash to have Brussels again for the hundredth time LOL) and listened to the whole thing, in particular the 2nd disc. As a whole, I think they did a nice job with this reissue. So far, this one and the Some Girls re-issue are my favs.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586...LastNext
Current Page: 81 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1932
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home