Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 101
Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue - out September 4
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 3, 2020 19:56

quietbeatle
Guys n Gals...it's ''out there'' if you know where to look...I dislike the Giles remix immensely...as I thought I would. Vocals way up everything too clean ugh. That said, the outtakes and alt versions are amazing. 100 Years Ago piano just made my life, more guitars on Hide Your Love. Won't say more don't wanna ruin your surprise! All in all the extras are worth every penny.

Now if I would only know out of which window I should look smiling smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 3, 2020 19:56

quietbeatle
Guys n Gals...it's ''out there'' if you know where to look...I dislike the Giles remix immensely...as I thought I would. Vocals way up everything too clean ugh. That said, the outtakes and alt versions are amazing. 100 Years Ago piano just made my life, more guitars on Hide Your Love. Won't say more don't wanna ruin your surprise! All in all the extras are worth every penny.

Don't really care as I'm perfectly content waiting..
But- Why the "I'm smarter than y'all" post.. if you know "where to find it"
why not just post a link with your I told you so critique?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 3, 2020 20:00

hockenheim95

It's the illegal window mentioned by quietbeatle - but yes, it's already there.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: September 3, 2020 20:09

MisterDDDD
quietbeatle

Arrrgh, Matey!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 3, 2020 20:28

Irix
hockenheim95

It's the illegal window mentioned by quietbeatle - but yes, it's already there.

i thought illegal but I have really no idea where to look....I think I'll have to wait until tomorrow smiling smiley

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: September 3, 2020 20:35

Google play GHS 2020 only has the original 10 tracks! Anyone know why it would seem apple is the only online provider getting the full thing?

Date: September 3, 2020 20:45

CJFP

Google play GHS 2020 only has the original 10 tracks! Anyone know why it would seem apple is the only online provider getting the full thing?

[www.Amazon.com] has the full thing too. Google is at the moment busy with transforming the (Music) Play-Store into YouTube-Music. On [www.Qobuz.com] you can also download a MP3-Version.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 3, 2020 20:48

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards on ‘Goats Head Soup,’ Life in Lockdown, and Why They’ll Never Quit

The Rolling Stones revisit one of their most misunderstood LPs for an epic reissue – and tell us what it would take for them to get onstage again

By Patrick Doyle
September 3, 2020

Aubrey Powell

[www.rollingstone.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-03 20:49 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: September 3, 2020 21:06

Happy to wait until midnight tonight. I have Apple Music, so it'll be all ready to listen to once the clock strikes 12. smiling smiley

Posted by: quietbeatle ()
Date: September 3, 2020 21:32

MisterDDDD
quietbeatle

Wow. Wasn't trying to be ''smarter than y all" was trying to let people know. I did not think it was allowed to post links or I would have. And why do you have to be a dick?

Date: September 3, 2020 21:32

The liner notes / credits are a disgrace. Poor, poor work.

Date: September 3, 2020 21:38

Must say, after now listening on my home system, the remix sounds much better to me upon second listening. The vocals are way up but can hear things I've never heard before. The whole album is much cleaner, a different listen for sure. The strings on Angie are lush.It won't be my go to that will still be the original but this is fun and sounds good. So I take back what I said about Giles, he did a good job on this. Star Effer is kick ass, guitars way up!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 3, 2020 21:40

quietbeatle

Sorry to hear on your end. Looking forward to contrasting, comparing and of course everyone's take....smileys with beer

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: September 3, 2020 21:41

GivenToFly15
Very beautiful acoustic and instrumental Doo Doo Doo. Everything is crystal clear soundwise.

SPOILER

Here's a 30-sec extract from the beginning. For those who can't wait winking smiley

[we.tl]

Another little Spoiler
[we.tl]

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: September 3, 2020 21:44

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 3, 2020 21:52

GivenToFly15
Both color and B&W, both live and studio in the book. Some photos were already known but not all (especially the studio ones). A lot of text that I haven't been able to read yet, of course.

Great sound on the CDs. Very balanced. Great guitars (especially on 'All The Rage' i must say). The bass is here but not prominent in my opinion.

Any good pictures of them out and about in Jamaica?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 3, 2020 22:05

Very nice release! The album sounds much, much better now, with stuff I never heard before. Like the outtakes too, and the different mixes are fun.

Great they took the time and money to remix this album. Now we also need a remix
of IORR!

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: September 3, 2020 22:06

bobo
Hide Your Love (altenate mix). This took the song to a new level. So much better, I think.

Agreed thumbs up

HMN

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 3, 2020 22:06

U2Stonesfan
GivenToFly15
Very beautiful acoustic and instrumental Doo Doo Doo. Everything is crystal clear soundwise.

SPOILER

Here's a 30-sec extract from the beginning. For those who can't wait winking smiley

[we.tl]

Another little Spoiler
[we.tl]

Amazing...

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 3, 2020 22:09

U2Stonesfan
[we.tl]

Well done Mick!! 2020 vocals...but really goode!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-03 22:19 by KRiffhard.

Date: September 3, 2020 22:39

Maindefender
quietbeatle

Sorry to hear on your end. Looking forward to contrasting, comparing and of course everyone's take....smileys with beer

See my other post..I changed my mind haha...I'm really liking it all now...what a difference a sound system makes huh? I look forward to people's takes too..have fun!

Date: September 3, 2020 22:45

quietbeatle
Maindefender
quietbeatle

See my other post..I changed my mind haha...I'm really liking it all now...what a difference a sound system makes huh? I look forward to people's takes too..have fun!

So glad to hear.....>grinning smiley<

Date: September 3, 2020 23:14

DandelionPowderman
The liner notes / credits are a disgrace. Poor, poor work.

Musicians overlooked, uncredited? Several years ago there was a discussion regarding Keith's(lack of) involvement and you provided more songs he played on.

Posted by: dubclub ()
Date: September 3, 2020 23:17

Just finished listening to the a-side.

Well.....
was irritated by Mr D, but i like it.
100, Coming, Doo and Angie are superb....mindblowing....i really love the new mix.
Ok, ok....these songs are for 47 years superb and mindblowingsmiling bouncing smiley

Giles Martin did a wonderful job.
I really appreciate his remixes of „abbey road“ and „the beatles“ too.

The pressing and the sound of this new ghs version is pretty close to the quality that mfsl are delivering with their one-step records.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 3, 2020 23:22

Heartbreaker acoustic is stunning...100 Years Ago vocal even more beautiful...wow..thanks for the snippets...

Date: September 3, 2020 23:31

quietbeatle
Maindefender
quietbeatle

Never underestimate how a good hifi can improve your lifedrinking smiley

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 3, 2020 23:31

Where are you guys all listening to this?

Date: September 3, 2020 23:35

peoplewitheyes

My record dealer is a good friend of mine.
So í´m sitting in my living room and listening to the records.grinning smiley

Date: September 3, 2020 23:35

peoplewitheyes

Here're Previews of all Tracks: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 3, 2020 23:43

Nice! Thank yousmileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2076
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home