Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6364656667686970717273...LastNext
Current Page: 68 of 101
Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue - out September 4
Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: August 30, 2020 20:04

I thought he lived in Weston, CT.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 30, 2020 20:25

Taylor1
I always found interesting Keith’s main home for 30 years is in Greenwich CT.

Keith doesn't live in Greenwich.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: August 30, 2020 21:01

GHS was the first Stones vinyl I purchased; second hand with LYL, 5x5 vinyl EP and Still Life. That was 1994 I think, just a year or so after beginning to really get into the band. Had no idea whether it was critically lauded or not, just knew I wished to hear it and early 70s Stones I loved (Sticky Fingers and Exile being the two previous purchases).

Loved the artwork, very eye catching and it still is. Inside and back cover artwork very compelling also. A great package. The music was wonderful - particularly 100 Years Ago, Coming Down Again, Heartbreaker, Starbucker, Angie and one of my favourite Stones songs of all, the evocative and atmospheric Winter.

Hide You Love and Can you hear the Music I've come to love almost as much. Hide Your Love with Micks bluesy tones and Taylor making the track shine with his guitar lines.

The deluxe is what I hope to get; 3 CDs, BluRay, posters, so it really is the 120 page book we're paying 60-70 Euro for (of the 110 or 120 price tag). I love the image and photos of the band at that time, so have high hopes the book will be a beauty. Ideally lots of full colour live snaps of that 73 European tour.

Roll on next Friday smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-30 21:04 by IrelandCalling4.

Date: August 30, 2020 23:07

[twitter.com]

Anybody tune in? Record? ; )

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: August 30, 2020 23:32

I always heard that the Stones initally planned to record with Lee 'Scratch' Perry in Jamacia. What every happened to that? Did they even get together? Was it just talk?

I would love to hear some recently discovered deep dub Stones!
smoking smiley

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 30, 2020 23:43

Doubtful. They recorded in uptown Kingston for a reason.

jb

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 31, 2020 00:08

I always heard that the Stones initally planned to record with Lee 'Scratch' Perry in Jamacia

Never heard that one before but hey it could be true ....

Keith has worked with 'Scratch' once or twice over the last decade or so

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 31, 2020 00:35

Like the video with this promo..cool smiley
(but I swear it sounds like a different version of Scarlet to me.. WOD version??)

The Rolling Stones
@RollingStones

Goats Head Soup 2020 available on a variety of formats and special bundles - something for everyone! Out September 4th: [the-rolling-stones.lnk.to]
[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-31 00:37 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 31, 2020 01:02

jbwelda
I think he is looking incredibly good, considering.

So he lives in some suburbs? I always figured his place in Connecticut was out in the hills surrounded by woods. Guess not.

At least this year he will be around to harvest his cannabis plants. I read he complained about never being able to do that because he was always out on tour when they matured. It will occupy some of his time doing the trimming.

Hey Keef, fly me out and I will help, got lots of experience.

jb
Where he lives is bland NewYork City type suburbia.There is nomajor city.Downtown Greenwich has nice shops and restaurants,but there is nothing spectacular about any of it.It is not countryside living .If you have a large mansion with a lot of property like Keith,you do have privacy.But it’s not like living in the mountains or on the ocean.Its great for families, really wholesome ,no nightlife other some restaurants.Starbucks, Brooks Brothers Apple stores.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-31 01:03 by Taylor1.

Date: August 31, 2020 01:20

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 31, 2020 01:30

ThePaleRider
timbernardis
That was a great article, thanks Slane. A nice contrast to all the negativity about the new tracks on these boards.

plexi

Nice article...But it kinda bothered me that Mick Taylor isn't mentioned in the article but that just about everybody else is...

Good point, agree. They seem to want to leave out Mrs. Taylor and Wyman in recent years.

plexi

Date: August 31, 2020 01:45

bye bye johnny
You are right,he lives in an adjacent town to Greenwichcalled Weston which is also bland suburbia.Located about an hours drive north of NYC. it’s even more boring than Greenwich.Its not on the Long Island Sound ,and it has nothing special in terms of topography.Nice upscale suburban community with no nightlifeNice little town,expensive.Pretty woods and foliage, but not like living on the Isle of Capri or the South of France

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-31 01:56 by Taylor1.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 31, 2020 02:42

He must like it though and I figure if he gets bored there he just flies off to Point of View or one of several other properties. Probably nice to be bored there in suburbia sometimes.

jb

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: August 31, 2020 03:10

I ordered the 2 cd version, cant wait to hear All the Rage for the first time cool smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 31, 2020 03:18

NilsHolgersson
I ordered the 2 cd version, cant wait to hear All the Rage for the first time cool smiley

Yes, ready for Friday!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 31, 2020 20:18

Taylor1
bye bye johnny
You are right,he lives in an adjacent town to Greenwichcalled Weston which is also bland suburbia.Located about an hours drive north of NYC. it’s even more boring than Greenwich.Its not on the Long Island Sound ,and it has nothing special in terms of topography.Nice upscale suburban community with no nightlifeNice little town,expensive.Pretty woods and foliage, but not like living on the Isle of Capri or the South of France

Bland suburbia...

Let's see. It's not far from Long Island Sound. Keith's home is surrounded by forests. It's quiet and beautiful and not far from New Yokr.

It's similar to where I live: across the lake from New Orleans, surrounded by trees and bayous and it's generally quiet.

Explain what's boring and bland and in comparison to what doesn't qualify as boring and bland for you.

Date: August 31, 2020 20:26

happy bday goat's head

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 31, 2020 21:35

Well, I'm not from the US, but I think I know what Taylor1 means.

You could imagine other placeso for Keith Richards to live.
Probably it had to do with Patti and her big family ?

Date: August 31, 2020 22:22

GasLightStreet
Taylor1
bye bye johnny

Bland suburbia...

Let's see. It's not far from Long Island Sound. Keith's home is surrounded by forests.
It's similar to where I live: across the lake from New Orleans, surrounded by trees and bayous and it's generally quiet.

Explain what's boring and bland and in comparison to what doesn't qualify as boring and bland for you.
Ive lived within 20 miles of Weston most of my life.It is not surrounded by forests.It has wooded areas but they are not forests.There is nothing that beautiful about the topography.No mountains,large lakes or ocean.It is not country living either as there is quite a lot of suburban development.Mostly upscale white people.No museums, nightclubs, or sports teams.The closest city is Stamford, about 10 miles away.And Stamford is a small city.Weston is great to raise kids or if you want a real upscale suburban existence, but it is boring.Its great like I said to raise your kids and wiz over to the local Starbucks, but not a wild place.Thinking of the guy throwing the tv out of the hotel room in CS Blues, I can’t picture him living there

Posted by: quietbeatle ()
Date: August 31, 2020 22:25

did anyone record that Planet Rock special?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 31, 2020 23:06

CousinC
Well, I'm not from the US, but I think I know what Taylor1 means.

You could imagine other placeso for Keith Richards to live.
Probably it had to do with Patti and her big family ?

You people talk as if Keith and his family never ever travel or have other properties

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-31 23:06 by Maindefender.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: August 31, 2020 23:40

A real mature man needs some peace and quiet. You can´t be 29 all your life. Or pretend to be. And Redlands - by the way - is a very quiet place too. If your neighbour don´t shoot water rats.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 31, 2020 23:46

"Giles Martin 2020 mix"
[mobile.twitter.com]

[www.amazon.it]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-31 23:47 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 31, 2020 23:50

KRiffhard

Giles Martin 2020 mix??

Yes: [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: August 31, 2020 23:51

Bjorn
A real mature man needs some peace and quiet. You can´t be 29 all your life.

Until a 29 years young wild girl grabs him by the balls ...
smileys with beer

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 31, 2020 23:54

Irix
KRiffhard

Giles Martin 2020 mix??

Many thanks thumbs up

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 1, 2020 01:27

Irix
KRiffhard

Giles Martin 2020 mix??

Did Martin mix Scarlet and a Criss Cross on the bonus disc?

Date: September 1, 2020 05:22

MisterDDDD
Like the video with this promo..cool smiley
(but I swear it sounds like a different version of Scarlet to me.. WOD version??)

The Rolling Stones
@RollingStones

Goats Head Soup 2020 available on a variety of formats and special bundles - something for everyone! Out September 4th: [the-rolling-stones.lnk.to]
[twitter.com]

They couldn't use the actual cassette. How lame.

Date: September 1, 2020 05:26

Taylor1
GasLightStreet
Taylor1
bye bye johnny

Bland suburbia...

Let's see. It's not far from Long Island Sound. Keith's home is surrounded by forests.

Ive lived within 20 miles of Weston most of my life.It is not surrounded by forests.It has wooded areas but they are not forests.There is nothing that beautiful about the topography.No mountains,large lakes or ocean.It is not country living either as there is quite a lot of suburban development.Mostly upscale white people.No museums, nightclubs, or sports teams.The closest city is Stamford, about 10 miles away.And Stamford is a small city.Weston is great to raise kids or if you want a real upscale suburban existence, but it is boring.Its great like I said to raise your kids and wiz over to the local Starbucks, but not a wild place.Thinking of the guy throwing the tv out of the hotel room in CS Blues, I can’t picture him living there

So you're uptight and disappointed that Keith lives in the middle of nowhere.

I looked at it on Google Maps - tons of trees around. That's forest.

You have a skewed vision of what life is it seems. You describe what it doesn't have as if it's not the city.

How enlightening.

Gee, it's not a city.

Goddamn. Stop whining.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 1, 2020 05:44

EddieByword
ThePaleRider
Hairball

*Photo from Times article.

This picture....it may be the most shocking thing in 2020 so far.....smiling smiley

Nah, that's the TV remote...........grinning smiley

... and with no batteries!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6364656667686970717273...LastNext
Current Page: 68 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1757
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home