Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 101
Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue - out September 4
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 11, 2020 17:16

LeonidP
jbwelda
d) "remixes" done by the latest and greatest "stars" are almost always headache inducing bs sessions
e) lame, totally lame
jb

all remixes are pointless and lame. Some turn out ok but doesn't change the fact they are pointless and never worth the effort or time. Release your song and move on.

These became popular in the 80s/90s as a cheap alternative to having bands come back together to record legit b-sides, and for some reason so many seem to look forward to them.

True remixes are awesome. And sometimes you get parts in them that were edited out of the single/LP version.

Date: August 11, 2020 17:31

LeonidP
jbwelda
that was by far their weakest album and they had pretty much lost it by then. Try Wha'ppen or Just Can't Stop It or any of the many 12" released during that period. But Special Beat Service...eh, not so much.

My point, again, is that their remixes were often better (to my ears) than the LP or 7" versions.

Of course, maybe you just had to be there.

jb

Yeah, not denying remixes 'can' be better, but again, I really have no interest in them. I can't stand when bands do them. I was a huge U2 fan at one point, but then they became all about the remixes, which I found incredibly annoying (their Pop album didn't help things either).

I 'tolerate' remixes w/ the Stones, but hey, they are the Stones and I love them - but I would far prefer they don't allow them!

How come Led Zeppelin and Jimi Henrix never needed remixes? Well it's possible they would have if they were there in the 90s too but somehow I don't think so.

There are remixes and there are "remixes".

The druggy club noise filled cocained out beats per minute crap are not remixes.

U2 has some good remixes - there's one of Numb with the horns, New Year's Day, The Fly, several of Mysterious Ways, especially the Solar Plexus remixes, the 2 Elevation Tombraider remixes were good (both had different elements in the bridge).

The better of the 2 Elevation remixes:

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 11, 2020 18:36

LeonidP
Hairball
I wasn't trying to change your mind nor was I even replying to you LeonidP - I was replying to and adding on to what jbwelda had posted regarding their first two albums.
Sorry for the confusion.

Not sure where this came from. I didn't imply you were trying to change my mind. No confusion. I was just reiterating my point by replying to you.

** edit ... back on point, I can't wait to hear the new GHS reissue!

Your reply to my post was "To each their own", and then went on to trash the album going against everything I said - "I do recall is giving it one listen and deciding I couldn't stand it"! which sounded argumentative and confrontational. And to be honest, not sure where that came from as again I wasn't replying to you in the first place. I suppose I should have quoted jbwelda as that's who I was replying to directly.
But feel free overreact to any post you feel like- nobodies stopping you.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 11, 2020 21:08

Hairball
LeonidP
Hairball
I wasn't trying to change your mind nor was I even replying to you LeonidP - I was replying to and adding on to what jbwelda had posted regarding their first two albums.
Sorry for the confusion.

Not sure where this came from. I didn't imply you were trying to change my mind. No confusion. I was just reiterating my point by replying to you.

** edit ... back on point, I can't wait to hear the new GHS reissue!

Your reply to my post was "To each their own", and then went on to trash the album going against everything I said - "I do recall is giving it one listen and deciding I couldn't stand it"! which sounded argumentative and confrontational. And to be honest, not sure where that came from as again I wasn't replying to you in the first place. I suppose I should have quoted jbwelda as that's who I was replying to directly.
But feel free overreact to any post you feel like- nobodies stopping you.

Right, because I am amazed that someone could like it ... but again, to each their own. Not sure why that comes off as confrontational.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 11, 2020 21:17

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 11, 2020 23:04

I wonder what the rest of the band thought when Mick was the only member of the band to be on the cover of GHS and Tattoo you? My guess is that they didn't care.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: August 11, 2020 23:21

For years I didn't see that it was Jagger on the frontcover of TY, I thought it was a woman.eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 11, 2020 23:29

Heck GJV you shoulda gone ta SpecSavers ....

ROCKMAN

Date: August 12, 2020 00:17

Am I realy the only one who didn't see this? I realy thought it was some kind of fashion model, like those models in the Robert Palmer Addicted to love video. For about ten or fifteen years the penny dropped and I realized it was Jagger himself. I'm feeling very stupid right now!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-12 00:19 by GJV.

Date: August 12, 2020 00:49

.....its fine GJV ....

I swear I wont tell a soul .....

ROCKMAN

Date: August 12, 2020 00:55

Pffff....what a relief!cool smiley

Date: August 12, 2020 01:17

Dont panic GJV ...
Old friend use to think the line from 100 Years Ago

... Call me lazy bones was Call me lizard balls .......

ROCKMAN

Date: August 12, 2020 01:40

Hahahaha! Great!grinning smiley

Posted by: exil ()
Date: August 12, 2020 11:21

Excuse Me WHILE I Kiss This Guy.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: August 12, 2020 12:41

More Hot Rocks
I wonder what the rest of the band thought when Mick was the only member of the band to be on the cover of GHS and Tattoo you? My guess is that they didn't care.

You mean like Charlie was the only Stone on the Get Yer Ya Yas Out-cover?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 12, 2020 14:10

GJV
Am I realy the only one who didn't see this? I realy thought it was some kind of fashion model, like those models in the Robert Palmer Addicted to love video. For about ten or fifteen years the penny dropped and I realized it was Jagger himself. I'm feeling very stupid right now!

I didn't see it.

plexi

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 13, 2020 05:04

GetYerAngie
More Hot Rocks

Good point

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 13, 2020 19:48

Pretty good article in Uncut, although nothing new, and they're rubbing in the fact that we're only getting three unreleased songs and only one real new track...Why not "Give Us a Break" and "Four and In" ?!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 13, 2020 19:53

GJV
For years I didn't see that it was Jagger on the frontcover of TY, I thought it was a woman.eye rolling smiley

timbernardis
I didn't see it.

I saw it.

Date: August 13, 2020 21:05

GetYerAngie
More Hot Rocks

Or that Keith was the only member on the back of GHS and TATTOO YOU?

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 13, 2020 21:10

Who was the woman on the Undercover album?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 13, 2020 21:26

And in the cover of BLACK AND BLUE there was Keith and Ronnie and only a half of Mick...

- Doxa

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 13, 2020 21:31

Taylor1

[iorr.org]
"The photo used for the cover is an old vintage photograph that was in the possession of Kretzschmar, so there is little chance the model’s identity will ever be known."

Date: August 13, 2020 21:35

Taylor1

There is ZERO information about her, although I have seen the original photo.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 13, 2020 23:40

Hairball

The War on Drugs remix is the version that's played in the lame new Paul Mescal video.

No, it's a different (faster) version - The War On Drugs Remix:

[www.YouTube.com] · [www.Amazon.com] · [Music.Apple.com] · [www.Qobuz.com] · [Open.Spotify.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-14 01:15 by Irix.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 13, 2020 23:44

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-13 23:49 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 13, 2020 23:58

Irix
Hairball

The War on Drugs remix is the version that's played in the lame new Paul Mescal video.

No, it's a different (faster) version - [iorr.org] .

I wrote that post four days ago, and it was based on mis-info from this site [stonesnews.com] which has since been corrected, but thanks for clarifying....
Anyhow, none of the links you posted seem to be available on my end....

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: August 14, 2020 01:11

AUGUST 12 A COLLABORATION BETWEEN THE ROLLING STONES AND THE WAR ON DRUGS COMING SOON?

The Rolling Stones x The War on Drugs? The surprising collaboration will arrive next Friday!

The Rolling Stones unveiled a few days ago an unreleased track that dated back to 1974. Scarlet , recorded with Jimmy Paige and Ric Grech (just that!) During a studio session has since been sleeping in the group's archives. It will appear on the re-release of the Goats Head Soup album , to be (re) -discovered on September 4, with two other unreleased tracks, lives and alternative versions of other well-known songs.

Precisely, it seems that a collaboration with The War on Drugs will soon be unveiled, for an alternative version of Scarlet . The photo above was posted to the Rolling Stones social media two days ago.

[soundofbrit.fr]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-14 01:14 by exilestones.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 14, 2020 01:21

exilestones

Precisely, it seems that a collaboration with The War on Drugs will soon be unveiled, for an alternative version of Scarlet .

Already released - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: August 14, 2020 08:15

Hello everyone. I have a different question. Is the reissue of Brussels affair included in the package only available on Blu-ray, or will it be available on dvd?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1879
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home