Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 101
Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue - September 4
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 25, 2020 04:55

>And you should have seen her ass?

Yes, you are right, I should have.

But isn't that song included on this release under a different title?

I hear ya but it is kind of funny to use the bootlegs you have acquired without any payment to the band as some kind of rationale for complaining about what they do put out.

No offense, just sayin'.

jb

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: July 25, 2020 08:32

Simple question.

Is there going to be a CD version that includes Brussels Affair. One that isn't something like Japanese import that costs the earth.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 25, 2020 08:35

jbwelda

I hear ya but it is kind of funny to use the bootlegs you have acquired without any payment to the band as some kind of rationale for complaining about what they do put out.

No offense, just sayin'.

jb

If I'm not mistaken, All The Rage is not You Should Have Seen Her Ass. That song remains in the can... from what is understood.

Date: July 25, 2020 09:47

Oh, ok, I had that mixed up then.

And yeah you can buy Brussels on cd without buying the expensive Japanese one, but you still have to buy the semi-expensive super deluxe cd set to get it. If you just want Brussels, probably be better off buying the Japanese Marquee show that includes it.

jb

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 25, 2020 12:07

jbwelda

And yeah you can buy Brussels on cd without buying the expensive Japanese one, but you still have to buy the semi-expensive super deluxe cd set to get it. If you just want Brussels, probably be better off buying the Japanese Marquee show that includes it.

jb

The sad thing is I have the Japanese Marquee / Brussels deluxe, but still want a single CD of it.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 25, 2020 12:15

strat72

Is there going to be a CD version that includes Brussels Affair.

Yes: 3CD+BR - [www.Amazon.de] , [www.jpc.de] - €99.99 (lowest regular price so far). If someone from the Netherlands can send it to you, then that's the best offer so far - [www.Amazon.nl] - (currently €30.22, was €18.99).

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 25, 2020 12:34

GasLightStreet
jbwelda

No offense, just sayin'.

jb

If I'm not mistaken, All The Rage is not You Should Have Seen Her Ass. That song remains in the can... from what is understood.

Seen her Ass has the lyric All the Rage In the song and it’s been mentioned they are one in the same. My question is will Jagger alter the lyrics?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 25, 2020 12:45

whitem8
I’m sorry but this was such a wasted opportunity. And lazy. The bonus tracks on this are laughable. Only three real genuine interesting ones, the rest instrumentals!? Really? I want to hear Mick sing? And then the rest are just different mixes of songs that are already on the album? I’m sorry this is lame and whoever is the curator should be fired. And I blame Mick too because he’s lazy and does not like to look at the past and research this shit. Scarlet? That goes on it’s only rock ‘n’ roll which deserves a release of its own. Brussels I already have on vinyl and a digital copy and a box set. They could’ve at least picked a different show from the tour! Again this is just lazy and a cash grab.

Agree a different live venue should have been selected, or ‘73 venues ala Love You Live with just great live cuts. Scarlet is not a Stones song IMO, interesting it got included because of recorded date but glad it’s included. I guess if anything it should be included in a 70’s “sessions” box set that we most likely will never see. Hire me to curate the vault...lol

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 25, 2020 12:53

GOATS HEAD SOUP 2020 – HALF SPEED MASTER 180G VINYL + BONUS ETCHED 7”

1LP + 7” SINGLE

Spec: 1x 180g Black LP, ½ Speed Master, 1x 7” 40g Black Vinyl, 1x 12” printed inner, 12” 3mm spined single LP sleeve, 1x 7” non spined sleeve

Another prized jewel in the Rolling Stones' unmatched catalogue is restored to its full glory. Features the new stereo album mix, sourced from the original session files. Mastered at half speed by Miles Showell at Abbey Road Studios, London. Store Exclusive Format with alternative cover + bonus etched 7” pressing of Scarlet.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 25, 2020 13:23

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 25, 2020 14:02

Really hoped for some other 73 live gigs this time finally.
They did those 3 Essen recordings with the mobile and some other shows.
I really wonder what happened to them.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 25, 2020 15:36

Maindefender
GasLightStreet
jbwelda

No offense, just sayin'.

jb

Seen her Ass has the lyric All the Rage In the song and it’s been mentioned they are one in the same. My question is will Jagger alter the lyrics?

'Should Have Seen Her Cash' ?

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: July 25, 2020 16:09

GOATS HEAD SOUP double vinyl box set edition is different from double vinyl that is sold separately or is identical to the vinyl box

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: July 25, 2020 17:34

You make no sense.

Date: July 25, 2020 19:05

mick64

GOATS HEAD SOUP double vinyl box set edition is different from double vinyl that is sold separately or is identical to the vinyl box

1973 Original and 2018 Vinyl-Box was 1 LP only (Gatefold-Sleeve) - [www.Discogs.com] , [www.uDiscoverMusic.com] .

1 LP sold separately now is the new 2020 Stereo-Mix (Gatefold-Sleeve) - [Store.uDiscoverMusic.com] .

Double-Vinyl that is sold now is the 2020 Stereo-Mix + 10 Bonus-Tracks - [Store.uDiscoverMusic.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-25 19:20 by Irix.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 25, 2020 19:13

CousinC

I'd bet my left gonad they're safely stored in the Vault (and probably already transfered to digital) but Mick's keen on giving us as little old material as he can. Hence the re-appearance of Brussels...

(which is kinda logical as no other 73 gig can compare to this one so all in all this reissue is a solid package. If Mick had wanted to play a joke on us he could have included a "best of" of the Sept. 73 rehearsals).

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: July 25, 2020 19:35

Do Taylor and Page get any money for sales of Criss Criss andScarlet respectively?I’d think Taylor would since it appears he got a writer’s credit.Do Taylor and Wyman get any money from the Goats Head Soup album reissue

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 25, 2020 19:49

dcba
CousinC

I'd bet my left gonad they're safely stored in the Vault (and probably already transfered to digital) but Mick's keen on giving us as little old material as he can. Hence the re-appearance of Brussels...

(which is kinda logical as no other 73 gig can compare to this one so all in all this reissue is a solid package. If Mick had wanted to play a joke on us he could have included a "best of" of the Sept. 73 rehearsals).

And that is a myth as even the official Brussels is a compilation of tracks from both shows (and not always the best choices at that), and the KBFH broadcast(s) are compilations too that even featured tracks from Wembley for a good reason. IMO there is no complete 1973 show that beats all other shows from start to finish.

Date: July 25, 2020 19:50

Taylor1

Do Taylor and Page get any money for sales of Criss Criss and Scarlet respectively?

Both are credited: [www.Qobuz.com] , [www.Qobuz.com] -(i)-Button. Maybe there's a (small) difference between the royalties as Composer/Lyricist or Performer only.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: July 25, 2020 22:38

dcba
exilestones

Great pic!
Btw... have you noticed the marks (more like craters) on Keef's arm? confused smiley

Those marks are probably from "skin popping" heroin (or cocaine), which is a way of injecting the drug into the outer tissues of the arm as opposed to intravenous use. Gives a slower high, and from what I've read can cause scars like that. Supposedly, Keith used to do it that way and still has similar scars. I'm surprised he/they let that be so visible in the photo.

Also funny how Keith's hair is so much spikier than the others'.

Posted by: snarf2014 ()
Date: July 25, 2020 22:47

Irix
Taylor1

Do Taylor and Page get any money for sales of Criss Criss and Scarlet respectively?

Both are credited: [www.Qobuz.com] , [www.Qobuz.com] -(i)-Button. Maybe there's a (small) difference between the royalties as Composer/Lyricist or Performer only.

Taylor: yes (composer royalties), Page: no

Date: July 25, 2020 23:05

snarf2014
Irix
Taylor1

Taylor: yes (composer royalties), Page: no

Why Jimmy Page not? Certainly no Composer/Lyricist royalties, but the question was about 'any money for sales'. When a song gets e.g. streamed, both the Composers and the Artists get (differently) money - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 25, 2020 23:38

Also funny how Keith's hair is so much spikier than the others'.

The wonders of lemon juice ......

ROCKMAN

Date: July 25, 2020 23:52

I am sure the reason they didnt use the photo (did they?) is because of those tracks. I was going to suggest skin popping too, as I understand it, you do that when you have no veins left to use, not to modify how the drug affects you.

jb

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 26, 2020 01:50

jbwelda

jb

No, the Marquee/Brussels is expensive, even at this late date. A "good " price on Ebay is a little less than 100USD whilst the new deluxe GHS which includes Brussels was 18,99, or now 31 euros. That is, if u can have it shipped to Holland or Belgium.

plexi

Date: July 26, 2020 04:00

Yes, I thought about that later. By the way, thanks for the hook up on the NL thing. I ended up bailing after they wanted info I didn't have handy, but I appreciate it all the same. Hope to hear it all worked out and you got a major bargain!

jb

Date: July 26, 2020 09:21

jbwelda
I am sure the reason they didnt use the photo (did they?) is because of those tracks. I was going to suggest skin popping too, as I understand it, you do that when you have no veins left to use, not to modify how the drug affects you.

jb

You should read 'Life' for Keith's explanation of why he was skin-popping.

Date: July 26, 2020 10:28

Already read it, twice. I found it to be a highly nuanced account.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-26 10:29 by jbwelda.

Date: July 26, 2020 10:30

jbwelda
Already read it, twice. I found it to be a highly nuanced account.

jb

Then you know it was about how the drug affected him.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 26, 2020 10:37

I read it also back when it was released about 10 years ago, but didn't memorize every detail as if I were to be tested on it.
Might have to go back to it, and read up on Keith's skin-popping....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1219
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home