Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 101
Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue - September 4
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 18, 2020 17:06

Would be surprised if this doesn't get cancelled/never shipped ;-) Even the Sticky Fingers Deluxe Amazon.de deal was more expensive and not an obvious "pricing error" that they can use as an excuse.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-18 17:06 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: July 18, 2020 18:38

gotdablouse
Would be surprised if this doesn't get cancelled/never shipped ;-) Even the Sticky Fingers Deluxe Amazon.de deal was more expensive and not an obvious "pricing error" that they can use as an excuse.
In 2015 it was amazon uk pricing error with Sticky Fingers Superdeluxe. They figured out the error within a couple of hours. I do not think too many orders were placed but they fulfill those.

This time amazon nl keep this offer for more than a day and the information is spread worldwide. So the situation is a bit different. Somebody already mentioned on Hoffman's forum that the same happened to recent Macca's Superdeluxe. They canceled orders.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 18, 2020 19:12

HTD
You don't need a region free Blu Ray player to play Japanese Blu Rays. They are the same region code as U.S. Blu Rays, Region code A

Region A: North America, South America, U.S. Territories, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and other areas of Southeast Asia.

DVDs are another story. Although Japanese DVDs have the same video format as U.S, NTSC, they ARE a different region code. U.S. is region 1, Japan is region 2.

I have a number of Blu Rays from CD Japan and all play on my U.S. player fine.

Duck

Thanks

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 18, 2020 19:13

ironbelly
gotdablouse
In 2015 it was amazon uk pricing error with Sticky Fingers Superdeluxe. They figured out the error within a couple of hours. I do not think too many orders were placed but they fulfill those.

This time amazon nl keep this offer for more than a day and the information is spread worldwide. So the situation is a bit different. Somebody already mentioned on Hoffman's forum that the same happened to recent Macca's Superdeluxe. They canceled orders.

There is a law in the Netherlands on these issues. If it is very obvious that there is a mistake, they can cancel. But here one could say it's an eye catching offer. Also since delivery in as late as January 2021.
There was a recent case when a store "sold" (and shipped) 2000€ worth iMacs for ... 2€. Lots were bought. One kid bought three and received three! But here the error excuse is very valid, so they can reclaim them very likely. We'll see.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 18, 2020 20:26

Koen
It’s easy to hack your DVD player to play all regions.

Where do I find the instructions?

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: July 18, 2020 23:33

exilestones
Koen
It’s easy to hack your DVD player to play all regions.

Where do I find the instructions?

First thing that came up on Google

[www.wisebread.com]

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: July 18, 2020 23:44

exilestones
ironbelly
exilestones
Can the Blu-ray audio be played on a Blu-ray video player or is there a machine needed that plays Blu-ray audio?

If I read everything correctly, the Blu-ray Goats Heads Soup Blu-ray is in 5.1 surround sound?
Not only audio but also 3 videos.

But this is not that important.

The question is if blueray is region free or region 2.
Usually Eagle Rock editions were region free. But Japanese 'Totally Stripped' was region 2.

This is the main problem. You will not be able to play Region 2 disc in the USA unless you have region free player.

Thanks. I am under the impression from what a friend had told me that Blu-ray is region free. I guess I'll find out if it play in September.

The Blu-ray is supposed to be 5.1 surround sound. I love GHS and think it would be very cool to hear it in 5.1.

Thanks

I sure hope that the japanese blu-ray will be region free and playable in Europe. Does anybody know?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 19, 2020 00:37

Hairball
jbwelda
Yeah I held off on the Brussels box some time ago sure that I would see it on sale for a reasonable price some day.

That's why I am excited it will be included in this release. That day never came.

timbernardis
It did for Hairball. He got a fancy, souped up true "box" set as it had lots of components, bells and whistle and it came in an actual wooden box. He got it at rs.com at their annual post-Christmas sale for a very reasonable price. I'll let him describe it.

Yes, quite a few of us were lucky to purchase the massive box for a fantastic low price of $150 (+ shipping and handling) thanks to drbryant for posting the link here. Original price was around $500+.
Just found the original thread from 2015 w/ all the details: Brussels Box (unsigned) $150!!

And then was the more recent Keith/Talk is Cheap Deluxe box sale on Amazon which I purchased just last month for a bargain bin price of $41, but has now jumped back up to $115.
Not sure if $115 is what the original price was when it was first released, but I assume it was in the same ballpark.

So based on those clearance sales (among others), and the fact that I don't see this box set being in high demand outside of diehard Stones fans, I'm pretty confident there will eventually be a clearance sale of some sort.

*Pretty sure the Brussles box's were limited in numbers and weren't "mass produced" such as the Keith box and this GHS box, so the deals themselves were very limited,
Some of us just so happened to be in the right place at the right time right here on IORR, and thanks again to drbryant for giving the heads up.

Hairball, can you briefly discuss the box itself and its contents -- what all did it contain?

plexi

Date: July 19, 2020 00:46

Well, all this is quite a downer with several of you describing how it may well be cancelled. I was so happy yesterday. I hope you are all wrong.

If you are right, how soon can we expect to hear and how soon will the refunds be made?

In any event, if we wait for a while, we may get heavily discounted sets as Hairball says.

plexi

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 19, 2020 00:52

..... Da Brussell's box is so good
I grabbed two of 'em for me greedy self .....

You'd love the watch Tim .... can just see
you wearing it ... Hey guys anybody wanna know da time??? ... ...tiktok

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 19, 2020 02:10

So I believe it was discussed earlier, that B box has the show spread out over three vinyl disks, but the new issues is, I believe, only two. Assuming its the same program length, that means the grooves were spread wider on at least some of the original box, versus what we got coming up. That means better sound, at least if the source remains the same, on the original release vs this one.

I am not entirely ok with that, not at all.

Comments?

Rockman, want to trade away one of those sets? Not for Stones material, but maybe I have something else that might tempt you. Probably not though, I totally unders if you're not interested.

jb

Date: July 19, 2020 02:24

..but correct me if I'm wrong but from
what I gather the Goat's Head Deluxe
will only have the Brussells show as a bonus CD

ROCKMAN

Date: July 19, 2020 02:28

Oh and sorry jb but nah I dont wanna
part with either Brussel's box ....

There was one for sale in a well known Melbourne
record store and it was there last time I was in there
some time back .... but dunno if its still there

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 19, 2020 02:35

georgelicks

Their next single will be Scarlet, the song has potential to be a great marketing tool for the re-issue, we can expect a video, physical single too.

Looks like - and Runtime is 3m:44s - [Music.Apple.com] .

Date: July 19, 2020 02:42

Thanks, Rockman. The new SD vinyl set has the whole mess on vinyl: two platters of GHS (one original LP and one the extras) and two of Brussels. I forget off hand how many CDs they translated that into.

I have been watching one on ebay, one of the 1500(?) that were signed by Mick Jagger. Guy wants 1750 and I threw him an offer of $750US and he kind of sneered at me and rejected it. Figured he would, but I think that is what they sold for originally, 750 with autograph and 500 without?

If you happen by the store and see the set is still there, how bout popping in and checking some details? I realize now isn't the best time but if you're in the hood with nothing better to do but stare at pretty gals. Wait, on second thought, I would be looking at the girls instead too.

jb

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 19, 2020 02:50

Currently there're two offers for the 2012 Brussels Affair Box on [www.Discogs.com] .

Date: July 19, 2020 02:51

*The contents of this release will be identical to the worldwide release, except for a description with Japanese translation. 4LP super deluxe box set of "Goats Head Soup" from the Rolling Stones consists of four 180g black vinyl discs, each coming with an inner sleeve. Features half-speed mastering by Miles Showell at Abbey Road studios. Disc 1 includes the original tracks featuring 2020 stereo mix. Disc 2 contains 10 rarities/alternative mix tracks, including three unreleased ones. Disc 3 & 4 includes live tracks from "Brussels Affair" concert in October 1973.

Hey Yeah Yeah .... correct jb ...
I was thinking of the 3CD Deeeeeluxe set

ROCKMAN

Date: July 19, 2020 02:54

If you happen by the store and see the set is still there, how bout popping in and checking some details?

Melboune in lockdown so Doubt I'll get there for some time jb
They wanted around $800 Australian for it at the time ...

HEAVY set ... then you have to get it to the US .... more $$$$$$

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 19, 2020 03:20

timbernardis

Hairball, can you briefly discuss the box itself and its contents -- what all did it contain?

plexi

If you click on this link to the original sales thread which I posted in previous post, plenty of details, pics, etc. Here it is again. Brussels Box (unsigned) $150!!
There's also a pic of the contents in my previous post.

*And I see now that Rockman posted a larger pic above.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-19 03:22 by Hairball.

Date: July 19, 2020 03:45

Plexi I would advise you to just let your bet ride, in the end, its not much money and if you do actually get a SD set for that, you scored big time. If you do not, you will probably get your money refunded that that likely will be next year since the offer did state it would not be delivered until next year. Maybe that was a mistake though; maybe it will show up earlier.

If you really are having buyers remorse, email me and I will pick up your bet, depending on what total final price you arrived at with the guy in NL. I would just paypal you the $ and take on the risk myself.

If not, kool still, like I said I would just consider it a bet and let it ride.

jb

Date: July 19, 2020 03:59

Yeah Rockman I understand all that so its no problem.

The two on discogs are kind of interesting, 2kUSD for a signed one (the one on ebay is only 1799 i think) and then the other for somewhere around 1200 euros, but this is unsigned, and he says is missing the 7" (but I didn't think there was a 7" included so not sure what that means or what it is missing exactly). Both prices are plus shipping which would not be cheap. The one on ebay wants 85 shipping within the USA

So...not really serious about dropping that kind of coin, at all, but I am constantly looking for a good deal I cannot refuse.

In other matters, looks like while Brussels is indeed spread over 3 LPs, there are only 5 sides, not 6, but still that is better in my mind than spread over 4 sides like the GHS version will be.

But hey, it ain't gonna cost a grand, either.

jb

Date: July 19, 2020 11:10

jbwelda
Plexi I would advise you to just let your bet ride, in the end, its not much money and if you do actually get a SD set for that, you scored big time. If you do not, you will probably get your money refunded that that likely will be next year since the offer did state it would not be delivered until next year. Maybe that was a mistake though; maybe it will show up earlier.

If you really are having buyers remorse, email me and I will pick up your bet, depending on what total final price you arrived at with the guy in NL. I would just paypal you the $ and take on the risk myself.

If not, kool still, like I said I would just consider it a bet and let it ride.

jb

I'm fine with it.

plexi

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 19, 2020 23:35

As for a 7" single in the Brussels Deluxe Box, according to the Discogs link posted above by Irix:

"In October 2013 a single signed by Mick Taylor was included - Dancing with Mr. D/Heartbreaker. The single was limited to 100 copies".

Now that would have been something to behold, and needless to say that is not the version of the box I have.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: July 20, 2020 11:37

ironbelly
gotdablouse

The offer is still on... I ordered one for 18,99. Let's see what happens.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 20, 2020 14:52

Delivery 4 months post release, seems a fair price for the patient fans.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 20, 2020 17:48

One of the few who never purchased the Brussels box or any version of it really.
Makes the GHS Blu-ray Super Deluxe Box Set look like more and more of a bargain at $110 to me though. Really looking forward to this!!

Date: July 20, 2020 19:08

>I'm fine with it.

I'm fine with it too, just thought I would offer since it appears you were freaking out already about having all of twenty euros wrapped up in something that may not work out for months or ever.

jb

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 20, 2020 19:13

I ordered the 2 disc set. That's as much as I'll do with these reissues, the only exception being EOMS because it was offered as a stand alone so that's what I got (I wish they'd do that for all of them because I didn't need a ruined version of EOMS or SG or SF when the ones I have are just fine).

So now we're stuck getting this "new mix" of GHS and it's gonna sound terrible because of brickwalling... but I do look forward to the second disc, even if it's brickwalled, because there's nothing except shitty bootlegs to compare it to.

Of the FTV series I have a hard copy of HAMPTON. I have the rest except LIGHT THE FUSE through the initial Google download thing when they were $5 or whatever and I recently got 2 of the TOTALLY STRIPPED since I had one already.

Date: July 20, 2020 19:27

I don't think the vinyl versions are "brickwalled" as you describe it, at least they do not sound so to me. I believe I read they mastered the vinyl versions from the original tapes, not the CD master. Don't know if thats true or not but the vinyl editions have sounded as good or better than my original UK vinyl versions, but then again those have 30 or 40 years wear on them. I only buy CDs if they are cheap; I prefer to drop money on vinyl. Thats why 20$ sound good for the SD CD set. I really only want them for ease of play and ease of ripping to mp3 for listening in the car.

jb

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 20, 2020 19:31

jbwelda
I don't think the vinyl versions are "brickwalled" as you describe it, at least they do not sound so to me. I believe I read they mastered the vinyl versions from the original tapes, not the CD master. Don't know if thats true or not but the vinyl editions have sounded as good or better than my original UK vinyl versions, but then again those have 30 or 40 years wear on them. I only buy CDs if they are cheap; I prefer to drop money on vinyl. Thats why 20$ sound good for the SD CD set. I really only want them for ease of play and ease of ripping to mp3 for listening in the car.

jb

Same here, which is why I'm not shelling out 150 dollars for that deluxe 3 CD box. As for the vinyl....allready having 5 different GHS vinyl pressings, most of them mint, I'll give it a rest and go for the 2CD.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1743
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home