Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 101
Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue - September 4
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 15, 2020 19:58

Irix
timbernardis

1) what are my options?

Wait until 4-Sep-2020 and look if the Deluxe-Edition for Download - [iorr.org] - is also available as lossless Flac on Qobuz ....

Or...wait until Sept. 2021 (apprx.) for the *massive clearance sale when the physical Super Deluxe will be discounted by at least 50%.

*Pure speculation to be sure, but bound to happen at one point or another just as it has with various other box sets.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 15, 2020 20:51

The Japanese releases of GHS 2020 from jpc:

1CD - [www.jpc.de]

2CD - [www.jpc.de]

3CD+BR - [www.jpc.de]

1LP - [www.jpc.de]

2LP - [www.jpc.de]

4LP - [www.jpc.de]

Worldwide shipping: [www.jpc.de] .

From Amazon Japan:

1CD - [www.Amazon.co.jp]

2CD - [www.Amazon.co.jp]

3CD+BR - [www.Amazon.co.jp] -- also available on: [www.Amazon.co.uk] - (£228)

1LP - [www.Amazon.co.jp]

2LP - [www.Amazon.co.jp]

4LP - [www.Amazon.co.jp]

From CDJapan - [iorr.org] . Others: [Tower.jp] , [www.HMV.co.jp] .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-16 12:45 by Irix.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 15, 2020 20:56

JordyLicks96
georgie48
Hairball
Good old georgie must have heard the fake one posted by sdstonesguy which is clearly phony in every possible way.

Is that the one named "mark s" on YouTube?
I truly hope and believe you that I was mislead by a fake version, with a sneaky Mick like voice shouting "oh yeah" all the time, because , after all those years, it really hurt to use the word crap in connection with my all time favorite band.
Anyway, thanks Hairball, you have given me back the excitement to look forward to September 4 thumbs up
By the way, young JordyLicks96, after almost 6 decades, we, very oldies, can say whatever we feel about our band even (in)directly to Mick or Keith for that matter. Just ask yourself why suddenly "Parachute Woman" was added to the 2002 Orpheum Theatre set list, never played live before and after (not counting RnR Circus off course) cool smiley

My apologies Georgie! I didn't know you were speaking of that fake version on YouTube!! smileys with beer

No offense, Jordy. I should have listened better (like when I was younger, haha).
But laziness kreeps in at an older age, and I really enjoy young, enthousiastic blood in our IORR community. They keep me awake cool smiley
Thanks Hairball and GasLightStreet for the additional info! My curiosity on how the real Scarlet sounds is now mountain high grinning smiley
smileys with beer

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 15, 2020 23:35

The snippet of 100 Years Ago (Piano Demo) is really sweet.....

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 16, 2020 09:32

Hairball
Irix
timbernardis

1) what are my options?

Wait until 4-Sep-2020 and look if the Deluxe-Edition for Download - [iorr.org] - is also available as lossless Flac on Qobuz ....

Or...wait until Sept. 2021 (apprx.) for the *massive clearance sale when the physical Super Deluxe will be discounted by at least 50%.

*Pure speculation to be sure, but bound to happen at one point or another just as it has with various other box sets.

Yes Hairball, that is an option, just don't know if I can wait that long to get my hands on the official Brussels. Tell u what, I will buy the Japanese super deluxe with the SHM discs, etc. and trade u for your wooden box edition of Brussels. Deal?

plexi

Date: July 16, 2020 10:02

timbernardis
Hairball
Irix
timbernardis

1) what are my options?

Yes Hairball, that is an option, just don't know if I can wait that long to get my hands on the official Brussels. Tell u what, I will buy the Japanese super deluxe with the SHM discs, etc. and trade u for your wooden box edition of Brussels. Deal?

plexi

No thanks plexi not a chance, but in case your interested, someone is selling "JUST THE BOX" of the Brussels Affair Limited Edition Box Set for just $99.99 on ebay. EMPTY BOX lol........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-16 10:04 by Hairball.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 16, 2020 12:49

ironbelly
exilestones
Can the Blu-ray audio be played on a Blu-ray video player or is there a machine needed that plays Blu-ray audio?

If I read everything correctly, the Blu-ray Goats Heads Soup Blu-ray is in 5.1 surround sound?
Not only audio but also 3 videos.

But this is not that important.

The question is if blueray is region free or region 2.
Usually Eagle Rock editions were region free. But Japanese 'Totally Stripped' was region 2.

This is the main problem. You will not be able to play Region 2 disc in the USA unless you have region free player.

Thanks. I am under the impression from what a friend had told me that Blu-ray is region free. I guess I'll find out if it play in September.

The Blu-ray is supposed to be 5.1 surround sound. I love GHS and think it would be very cool to hear it in 5.1.

Thanks

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: July 17, 2020 03:22

What I'm looking forward to is rediscovering Ian's value in this reissue.

@Dynamic sounds studio

Nicky Hopkins joined the Stones in Jamaica for the first two weeks of recording and then returned to London to complete his first solo album.
Billy Preston flew in from Los Angeles for the final week.
The only other outside musicians involved were a Jamaican conga and timbales player and Ian Stewart, long-time friend and road manager, on piano.

"We finished our new Studio B just in time for the Stones," the island’s best-known bandleader and producer Byron Lee said.
"And we also got specific equipment they requested: a grand piano and Hammond B3 organ, as well as special microphones
and headphones (which Jamaican musicians never use in the studio)–an investment of nearly $100,000."

"This album will be less freaky, more melodic than the last one," said Mick Jagger.
"We’ve recorded a lot of fast numbers already, maybe too many."
Among the working titles are: "You Should Have Seen Her Ass," "Star-**cker,"
"Separately," "Four and In," "Give Us a Break," "Comin’ Down, Again," "Waiting for a Friend," "Angie" and "First Thing."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-17 03:24 by Toru A.

Date: July 17, 2020 05:30

Hairball
timbernardis
Hairball
Irix
timbernardis

1) what are my options?

plexi

No thanks plexi not a chance, but in case your interested, someone is selling "JUST THE BOX" of the Brussels Affair Limited Edition Box Set for just $99.99 on ebay. EMPTY BOX lol........

Yeah I've seen that. Ridiculous.

plexi

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: July 17, 2020 06:30

exilestones
ironbelly
exilestones
Can the Blu-ray audio be played on a Blu-ray video player or is there a machine needed that plays Blu-ray audio?

If I read everything correctly, the Blu-ray Goats Heads Soup Blu-ray is in 5.1 surround sound?

Usually Eagle Rock editions were region free. But Japanese 'Totally Stripped' was region 2.

This is the main problem. You will not be able to play Region 2 disc in the USA unless you have region free player.

Thanks. I am under the impression from what a friend had told me that Blu-ray is region free. I guess I'll find out if it play in September.

The Blu-ray is supposed to be 5.1 surround sound. I love GHS and think it would be very cool to hear it in 5.1.

Thanks

Blu-Ray issues (Film, music, etc) are almost always region coded. So if you're buying one over the internet make sure that you know what region you are getting (or that you have a region free player.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: July 17, 2020 12:56

CaptainCorella

Blu-Ray issues (Film, music, etc) are almost always region coded. So if you're buying one over the internet make sure that you know what region you are getting (or that you have a region free player.

I'm buying one from Japan. IS Japan and USA the same region? Thanks

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: July 17, 2020 13:07

Super Deluxe for €18.99!

[www.amazon.nl]

Date: July 17, 2020 13:20

bonddm

Super Deluxe for €18.99!

Clearance price after Xmas: "This item will be released on 31 December 2020." - [www.Amazon.nl] .... grinning smiley

Date: July 17, 2020 13:40

exilestones

I'm buying one from Japan. IS Japan and USA the same region?

For BluRay, yes: Region A - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: July 17, 2020 16:12

Toru A
What I'm looking forward to is rediscovering Ian's value in this reissue.

@Dynamic sounds studio

Nicky Hopkins joined the Stones in Jamaica for the first two weeks of recording and then returned to London to complete his first solo album.
Billy Preston flew in from Los Angeles for the final week.
The only other outside musicians involved were a Jamaican conga and timbales player and Ian Stewart, long-time friend and road manager, on piano.

"We finished our new Studio B just in time for the Stones," the island’s best-known bandleader and producer Byron Lee said.
"And we also got specific equipment they requested: a grand piano and Hammond B3 organ, as well as special microphones
and headphones (which Jamaican musicians never use in the studio)–an investment of nearly $100,000."

"This album will be less freaky, more melodic than the last one," said Mick Jagger.
"We’ve recorded a lot of fast numbers already, maybe too many."
Among the working titles are: "You Should Have Seen Her Ass," "Star-**cker,"
"Separately," "Four and In," "Give Us a Break," "Comin’ Down, Again," "Waiting for a Friend," "Angie" and "First Thing."

I don’t even think they used the Hammond! They definitely made good use of the Leslie though.

Some of those working titles could be songs we know, and not totally different songs.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 17, 2020 16:19

bonddm
Super Deluxe for €18.99!

[www.amazon.nl]

Does it work for anyone? Can't order it here in Germany. They don't accept a German adress. Would anyone be so Kind and order one for me? Would be amazing!!!

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: July 17, 2020 18:14

When it's too good to be true. It won't ship to North America.

Date: July 17, 2020 20:31

Yes, can anyone from the Netherlands here order it and ship it to me in the States? Reimbursement via PayPal or another can be immediate, like today.

I can give a little extra for your time and trouble. tim_bernardis@hotmail.com.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-17 20:35 by timbernardis.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 17, 2020 21:02

The blu ray will be region B (Europe) not A (USA).

Date: July 18, 2020 02:00

GJV

From Japan?

Date: July 18, 2020 02:01

Irix
exilestones

I'm buying one from Japan. IS Japan and USA the same region?

For BluRay, yes: Region A - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Thank you

CaptainCorella
exilestones
ironbelly
exilestones

Thanks

Thank you

Date: July 18, 2020 03:56

bonddm
Super Deluxe for €18.99!

[www.amazon.nl]

While it can't be ordered from the US and other countries, seems to be a good sign it will eventually be on sale everywhere.
And while the link above says: Oorspronkelijke publicatiedatum (Original publication date) of Sept. 4 2020, for some reason above that it says Audio-cd 31 december 2020:
Also, next to the preorder button (translated) - "This item will be released on December 31, 2020"
Could be a massaive post- Christmas clearance sale?

Whatever the case, I call that a bargain, and would be more than willing to wait until December at that very low price.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-18 03:57 by Hairball.

Posted by: HTD ()
Date: July 18, 2020 04:42

You don't need a region free Blu Ray player to play Japanese Blu Rays. They are the same region code as U.S. Blu Rays, Region code A

Region A: North America, South America, U.S. Territories, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and other areas of Southeast Asia.

DVDs are another story. Although Japanese DVDs have the same video format as U.S, NTSC, they ARE a different region code. U.S. is region 1, Japan is region 2.

I have a number of Blu Rays from CD Japan and all play on my U.S. player fine.

Duck

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 18, 2020 05:38

It’s easy to hack your DVD player to play all regions.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 18, 2020 06:16

Yeah I held off on the Brussels box some time ago sure that I would see it on sale for a reasonable price some day.

That's why I am excited it will be included in this release. That day never came.

In this case, I already went for the vinyl SD, and my thinking is if I can pick up a cd set fairly cheap I will go for that too. This one from the Netherlands seemed just the ticket.

I wonder now...do you suppose people from the Netherlands can actually order it for that price? And that availability date seems kind of suspect too...like whoever it is might keep your money until next year before refunding it when, surprise, your set didn't come in! Seems kind of strange someone would be selling futures in post-Christmas clearance sales.

jb

Date: July 18, 2020 09:08

jbwelda
Yeah I held off on the Brussels box some time ago sure that I would see it on sale for a reasonable price some day.

That's why I am excited it will be included in this release. That day never came.

It did for Hairball. He got a fancy, souped up true "box" set as it had lots of components, bells and whistle and it came in an actual wooden box. He got it at rs.com at their annual post-Christmas sale for a very reasonable price. I'll let him describe it.

plexi

Date: July 18, 2020 09:47

I was able to purchase the Netherlands set today for 18,90 euros by having it sent to someone from Amsterdam who will then ship it to me. On the FB Hot Stuff group page, he volunteered to do this for anyone who wanted to, so a number of us took him up on his kind offer.

PS anyone who hasn't seen rcfoxy's Hot Stuff page might consider joining. Folks in the group ,when browsing Stones stuff on Ebay, Amazon and other sites, will post a notice of good deals whenever they find them. And foxy just started this group/page on Facebook a few months ago and there have been some amazing deals and items posted. That's how we found out about this deal -- someone in the group from the Netherlands came across it on Amazon Netherlands and alerted the group with a post.

Mr.foxy has done us all a great favour in establishing this group. It goes right along with his obsession with collecting Stones stuff. I visited him when I was in NZ last year and he showed me, Kahoosier and Midimannz his "Voodoo Lounge" which is a converted two car garage and just filled to the brim with Stones stuff -- it's on walls, floor,ceiling, on clothes racks, in file boxes, shelves,glass cases, even in the bathroom including his SHOWER. Not kidding. He's quite amazing. Really.

plexi

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-18 10:08 by timbernardis.

Date: July 18, 2020 11:05

jbwelda

timbernardis
It did for Hairball. He got a fancy, souped up true "box" set as it had lots of components, bells and whistle and it came in an actual wooden box. He got it at rs.com at their annual post-Christmas sale for a very reasonable price. I'll let him describe it.

Yes, quite a few of us were lucky to purchase the massive box for a fantastic low price of $150 (+ shipping and handling) thanks to drbryant for posting the link here. Original price was around $500+.
Just found the original thread from 2015 w/ all the details: Brussels Box (unsigned) $150!!

And then was the more recent Keith/Talk is Cheap Deluxe box sale on Amazon which I purchased just last month for a bargain bin price of $41, but has now jumped back up to $115.
Not sure if $115 is what the original price was when it was first released, but I assume it was in the same ballpark.

So based on those clearance sales (among others), and the fact that I don't see this box set being in high demand outside of diehard Stones fans, I'm pretty confident there will eventually be a clearance sale of some sort.

*Pretty sure the Brussles box's were limited in numbers and weren't "mass produced" such as the Keith box and this GHS box, so the deals themselves were very limited,
Some of us just so happened to be in the right place at the right time right here on IORR, and thanks again to drbryant for giving the heads up.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: July 18, 2020 11:18

timbernardis
I was able to purchase the Netherlands set today for 18,90 euros by having it sent to someone from Amsterdam who will then ship it to me. On the FB Hot Stuff group page, he volunteered to do this for anyone who wanted to, so a number of us took him up on his kind offer.

PS anyone who hasn't seen rcfoxy's Hot Stuff page might consider joining. Folks in the group ,when browsing Stones stuff on Ebay, Amazon and other sites, will post a notice of good deals whenever they find them. And foxy just started this group/page on Facebook a few months ago and there have been some amazing deals and items posted. That's how we found out about this deal -- someone in the group from the Netherlands came across it on Amazon Netherlands and alerted the group with a post.

Mr.foxy has done us all a great favour in establishing this group. It goes right along with his obsession with collecting Stones stuff. I visited him when I was in NZ last year and he showed me, Kahoosier and Midimannz his "Voodoo Lounge" which is a converted two car garage and just filled to the brim with Stones stuff -- it's on walls, floor,ceiling, on clothes racks, in file boxes, shelves,glass cases, even in the bathroom including his SHOWER. Not kidding. He's quite amazing. Really.

plexi

I found this deal on thursday evening.After double checking the ASIN code and the description I posted on a few Stones Facebook groups so other fans could get this deal. Hope it all turns out good and it the orders doesn't get canceled.

Greetings from the Netherlands,
Joeri a.k.a. Spunky

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-18 18:08 by spunky.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 18, 2020 12:19

exilestones
GJV

From Japan?

No, the one from the Dutch Amazon.nl from 18,99 euro.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-18 12:34 by GJV.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home