Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 101
Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 14, 2020 10:43

exilestones
Irix
donvis
Irix

Japanese Editions: [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

Are there any links to order this in English, please?

1CD (SHM): [www.CDJapan.co.jp]

2CD (Deluxe): [www.CDJapan.co.jp]

3CD+BR: [www.CDJapan.co.jp] - [www.Amazon.co.jp]

1LP: [www.CDJapan.co.jp]

2LP (Deluxe): [www.CDJapan.co.jp]

4LP (Vinyl-Box): [www.CDJapan.co.jp]

The Japanese Editions are usually also available at [www.jpc.de] - (but currently not listed yet). Worldwide shipping: [www.jpc.de] .

I tried to order from CD Japan and I wasn't able to order. I tried to order several times through PayPay. I tried to set-up an account five times. I tried to send them a message. No luck!

There are places in Japan that will buy it and ship it for you, but there is a fee of course. Rcfoxy can give u the details.

plexi

Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue - September 4
Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: July 14, 2020 10:56

dcba
Swayed1967
voila – it becomes a classic album opener (Mr. D could’ve been dumped in the bog where he belonged).

I think Mr.D works fine as an opener because he heralds perfectly the 'Goats Head Soup' album : a slow, atmospheric, misty, non-flamboyant album.
Putting CC at the beginning of Ghs would be quite misleading.

You make an interesting point although I’m skeptical the Glimmer Twins applied that reasoning when making Mr. D the opener. But now that I think about it Criss Cross would probably feel more at home on IORR. Regardless, Mr. D should never have been allowed to make it out of the swamp – worst Stones song of the seventies.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: July 14, 2020 11:05

NilsHolgersson
Stoneage
Someone said the kids must have some music to go along with their T-shirts...

Well the amount of kids i see wearing Stones t-shirts is amazing.. more than any other band.. now they just need to get to know the music

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 14, 2020 11:45

exilestones

I tried to order from CD Japan and I wasn't able to order.

Here's the Japanese SHM 3CD+BR from: [www.jpc.de] - (€ 183.99). Worldwide shipping: [www.jpc.de] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-14 12:00 by Irix.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: July 14, 2020 11:53

Irix
exilestones

I tried to order from CD Japan and I wasn't able to order.

Here's the Japanese 3CD+BR from: [www.jpc.de] - (€ 183.99). The same from [www.Amazon.co.jp] - (approx. € 121, $ 137).
The one from amazon Japan is regular edition w/o bonus tracks!!!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 14, 2020 12:00

ironbelly

Uups, you're right - it's the Import-version.

The Japanese SHM-Edition (3CD+BR) - UICY-79170: [Tower.jp] , [www.HMV.co.jp] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-14 12:15 by Irix.

Date: July 14, 2020 13:13

Irix
ironbelly

Actually, jpc.de option looks like the best choice right now. At least for European customers. Because any option from Japan will cost more if you will add all those proxy charges and VAT/import payments that will pop up in EU.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 14, 2020 13:16

DandelionPowderman
We should have gotten the original vocal-version of Keep Up Blues as a bonus track. It's hilarious (and good). The SG deluxe-album is excellent.

Amen Dandy!!!smileys with beer

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: July 14, 2020 15:12

Swayed1967
dcba
Swayed1967
voila – it becomes a classic album opener (Mr. D could’ve been dumped in the bog where he belonged).

I think Mr.D works fine as an opener because he heralds perfectly the 'Goats Head Soup' album : a slow, atmospheric, misty, non-flamboyant album.

You make an interesting point although I’m skeptical the Glimmer Twins applied that reasoning when making Mr. D the opener. But now that I think about it Criss Cross would probably feel more at home on IORR. Regardless, Mr. D should never have been allowed to make it out of the swamp – worst Stones song of the seventies.

Interesting. Dancing... is probably one of my favorite songs on the album. Killer riff/groove, colorful lyrics, and the live version is hot smiley

I find it much more enjoyable than almost everything on the following 70’s albums.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 14, 2020 17:18

One shall not forget the Ghs sessions were the 1st ones in ages (or the 1st time ever?) where they were alone in the control room since Jimmy Miller was AWOL because of drugs. He was "carving swastikas into the wooden console at the studio", to quote Keith.

So they had to make decisions without an external opinion to rely on.

Date: July 14, 2020 17:29

dcba
One shall not forget the Ghs sessions were the 1st ones in ages (or the 1st time ever?) where they were alone in the control room since Jimmy Miller was AWOL because of drugs. He was "carving swastikas into the wooden console at the studio", to quote Keith.

So they had to make decisions without an external opinion to rely on.

Yeah, I've read this, but he can clearly be seen in studio pictures. Probably a bit overblown, and more of a combination of things.

IMO, Jagger took more control of this album and put less weight into anyone's advice. I think it was Andy Johns who said regarding Miller, "they learned all of his tricks".

Johns was another that might not have been "all there", and he was recording and mixing the damn thing.

Posted by: plusplusjames ()
Date: July 14, 2020 17:29

TravelinMan
Swayed1967
dcba
Swayed1967

Interesting. Dancing... is probably one of my favorite songs on the album. Killer riff/groove, colorful lyrics, and the live version is hot smiley

I find it much more enjoyable than almost everything on the following 70’s albums.

I argue that Mr. D is the perfect bridge from Exile. It even uses a left-over scream from Ventilator Blues. Some killer (and timeless) lyrics, too. Belladonna, anyone?

Date: July 14, 2020 17:52

plusplusjames
TravelinMan
Swayed1967
dcba
Swayed1967

I argue that Mr. D is the perfect bridge from Exile. It even uses a left-over scream from Ventilator Blues. Some killer (and timeless) lyrics, too. Belladonna, anyone?

Good point!

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: July 14, 2020 18:32

Dancing with Mr. D spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I think I will skip the four disc editions

Disk 1 I have
Disk 3 & 4 I have
Disk 2 ? do I need it? Unsure - I like Save me ...

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: July 14, 2020 19:58

TravelinMan
plusplusjames
TravelinMan
Swayed1967
dcba
Swayed1967

Good point!

Funny, I never even knew about Mr. D. until I discovered the Brussells Affair/The Stars in the Sky, They Never Lie '73 bootlegs around 2000 via Napster. The nasty and intense live version was a revelation to me, even if it is a tad cartoonish in its subject matter, I love it.

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: July 14, 2020 19:58

Just skimmed thru this thread rather quickly and...did I read that the Brussels '73 is gonna be the live part of this release??!!...the one that everyone has on 1,498 bootlegs plus the official version released some time ago? The SAME gig is gonna be attached to the GHS set?...is that correct? Because if it is..WTF?. When they give Tattoo You the 'deluxe' (LOL) treatment are they gonna include Hampton '81 with it?. 'geez talk about shoddy...1973 Tour...How about Berlin..Antwerp..London...Cologne..Vienna..etc. They don't have to be in perfect quality and they will jack up the mix anyhow so why not. Pass on this one as well if true.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 14, 2020 20:04

iraq0708
Just skimmed thru this thread rather quickly and...did I read that the Brussels '73 is gonna be the live part of this release??!!...the one that everyone has on 1,498 bootlegs plus the official version released some time ago? The SAME gig is gonna be attached to the GHS set?...is that correct? Because if it is..WTF?. When they give Tattoo You the 'deluxe' (LOL) treatment are they gonna include Hampton '81 with it?. 'geez talk about shoddy...1973 Tour...How about Berlin..Antwerp..London...Cologne..Vienna..etc. They don't have to be in perfect quality and they will jack up the mix anyhow so why not. Pass on this one as well if true.

Brussels was the concert I wanted the least, as well. And only "big fans" will shell out for that box anyway, and 90% of them allready have that one, either as download, pirate-copy or on that Japanese release

I don't care for "collectors items" like that book or "posters", I only want new music, so I'll purchase the 2CD. No need paying 90 euro more for....nothing.

Posted by: django ()
Date: July 14, 2020 20:07

iraq0708

They should learn from Robert Fripp how to create a decent deluxe edition.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: July 14, 2020 20:38

Is it worth springing for the Japanese release? It would be minimum an extra $100 on top of the already expensive price for super deluxe edition for two extra songs.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 14, 2020 20:46

PalaisRoyale
Is it worth springing for the Japanese release? It would be minimum an extra $100 on top of the already expensive price for super deluxe edition for two extra songs.

I'd like to think you've just answered your own question.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 14, 2020 21:21

cbtaco19
TravelinMan
plusplusjames
TravelinMan
Swayed1967
dcba
Swayed1967

Good point!

Funny, I never even knew about Mr. D. until I discovered the Brussells Affair/The Stars in the Sky, They Never Lie '73 bootlegs around 2000 via Napster. The nasty and intense live version was a revelation to me, even if it is a tad cartoonish in its subject matter, I love it.

Always thought that song had a CCR vibe to it.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 14, 2020 21:42

Hairball
Rolling Stone cites a press release which I assume is from the Stones and/or Universal...

“The layered guitar textures of ‘Scarlet’ make for a track that’s as infectious and raunchy as anything the band cut in this hallowed era,” reads a press release.
“As well as Jimmy Page guesting alongside Mick and Keith on the track it also features on bass Rick Grech of Blind Faith fame…"

GHS - Scarlet

I never expected, after almost 57 years, to use that word ever in relation to a Rolling Stones related song, but if the version of Scarlet that I know will be on a bonus CD coming with GHS, I think it is total crap.
This to me is not Rolling Stones worthy.angry smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 14, 2020 22:43

Georgie48: so you know/have a complete version of "Scarlet", instead of the short snippet featured in the "unboxing" video the Stones released last week?

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: July 15, 2020 01:12

Why doesn`t Criss Cross have it`s own thread? Criss Cross I want to hear again and again. Ghost Town - not, although I think it`s an ok tune.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: July 15, 2020 01:23

Gazza
PalaisRoyale

I'd like to think you've just answered your own question.

Cheers. Just testing the waters

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: July 15, 2020 01:39

Seems 1 disc to consider (disc 2) for almost everyone...collecting is a different animal.

Scarlet really is not that enjoyable to listen to.

I think I am a pass on this...sure wish had been more...impressive.

Date: July 15, 2020 02:08

iraq0708

The Brussels bootleg(s) is a different show. The show they are 'releasing' has been released three times before.

Date: July 15, 2020 02:12

georgie48
Hairball
Rolling Stone cites a press release which I assume is from the Stones and/or Universal...

“The layered guitar textures of ‘Scarlet’ make for a track that’s as infectious and raunchy as anything the band cut in this hallowed era,” reads a press release.
“As well as Jimmy Page guesting alongside Mick and Keith on the track it also features on bass Rick Grech of Blind Faith fame…"

GHS - Scarlet

I never expected, after almost 57 years, to use that word ever in relation to a Rolling Stones related song, but if the version of Scarlet that I know will be on a bonus CD coming with GHS, I think it is total crap.
This to me is not Rolling Stones worthy.angry smiley

I doubt there are more than one version available? If you don't mind me asking, how did you get to hear it / get hold of it? And why is it 'crap'? The snippet sounds excellent, imo.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 15, 2020 02:48

ironbelly
Irix
ironbelly

Actually, jpc.de option looks like the best choice right now. At least for European customers. Because any option from Japan will cost more if you will add all those proxy charges and VAT/import payments that will pop up in EU.

Tower.jp says I can reserve the item and pick-up at 76 locations. Apparently no shipping.

CDJapan let's me buy it until the very end and then has an error message (after paying with PayPal) "not found."

Date: July 15, 2020 03:43

exilestones
ironbelly
Irix
ironbelly

Tower.jp says I can reserve the item and pick-up at 76 locations. Apparently no shipping.

CDJapan let's me buy it until the very end and then has an error message (after paying with PayPal) "not found."
Tower.jp and HMV.co.jp do not ship abroad. They work in Japan only. You will need to go through proxy service like buyee.jp to order from them. But prepare to pay extra to proxy.

I do not know what is going on with cdjapan in your case. I was using it a couple of times in the past but I was paying with credit card, notpaypal. No problems whatsoever. Maybe you need to chose different shipping option like DHL or FEDEX express. Japanese post still enforce some restrictions due to COVID
[www.post.japanpost.jp]

Here is a link to amazon Japan for 3SHM-CD/Bluray with bonus tracks
[www.amazon.co.jp]
Unfortunately, they do not offer shipment to my woods for some reason.

If you do not mind to shell off 183 Euros + S&H I would strongly recommend to go for jpc.de option. At the moment they offer the best price for EU customers. I mean, order from Japan with all S&H, VAT and import duties will overshoot 200 Euros margin for any EU country.

PS. I think that extra 84 Euros is a bit too much for 2 outtakes and SHM-CD media. This Japanese toy is too fancy winking smiley.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1815
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home