Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 101
Re: Criss Cross - out July 9, 2020
Date: July 10, 2020 20:41

Stoneage
Luckily, rock videos is a thing of the past. I wonder which rating this one would have got though. It's quite sexually explicit. Maybe even sexist.
A young woman running around very lightly dressed posing in sexual positions. Who wrote the script? What's it about?

Who wrote the script? Did you listen to Mick's lyrics? smiling smiley

Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue - September 4
Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 10, 2020 21:12

Man, those who are complaining about the video here. Have you ever listend to the lyrics of you favourite band's music? Starfckr, Under My Thumb, Some Girls, Brown Sugar and now Criss Cross? I mean the Stones are not really role models of political correctness. They are what they are and that's what you have to accept with that band. With a new song that video might have been a bit strange in my opinion but as the song is from 1972 when almost every song was either about sex or drugs this video is quite fitting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-10 21:13 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 10, 2020 21:15

timbernardis

One question tho -- what is the relationship between regions and the NTSC/PAL formats (if they are formats). Someone please help clarify all this for me.

Region Code & NTSC/PAL for DVD - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Region Code for BluRay - [en.Wikipedia.org] . There's normally no NTSC/PAL at BluRay since they're all HD 1920x1080 standard, but they could have different frame rates (PAL 25fps, NTSC 29.97fps) - [www.Lifewire.com] .

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 10, 2020 21:15

Sex? It´s The Rolling Stones doing this. Not some church located somewhere in Los Angeles California... cool smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 10, 2020 21:23

DandelionPowderman
Stoneage
Luckily, rock videos is a thing of the past. I wonder which rating this one would have got though. It's quite sexually explicit. Maybe even sexist.
A young woman running around very lightly dressed posing in sexual positions. Who wrote the script? What's it about?

Actually, I didn't. Sir Michael is not exactly phrasing it like Mr Sinatra or Mr Rotten.
Where you can hear every syllable. Here it is though, the lyrics. And the script?

Baby. Ooh!
Baby
Save me. Ooh!
Save me. Ah!
Yeah, here come a woman
Givin' me a criss cross mind
Save me
Save me. Ooh!
Yeah, here come a woman
Giving me a criss cross mind
Oh I got a lotta knots in my hair
I can't seem to straighten out
Ah, I think I need a blood transfusion
Yeah, here come a lady
Giving'me a criss cross mind

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 10, 2020 21:33

Stoneage
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

Actually, I didn't. Sir Michael is not exactly phrasing it like Mr Sinatra or Mr Rotten.
Where you can hear every syllable. Here it is though, the lyrics. And the script?

Baby. Ooh!
Baby
Save me. Ooh!
Save me. Ah!
Yeah, here come a woman
Save me
Save me. Ooh!
Yeah, here come a woman
Yeah, here come a lady
You left out the best part grinning smiley

Darling
Darling
Ooh!
Touch me
Ooh, yeah!
Kiss me
Ooh, yeah! Ooh, yeah!
Lip to lip
Fingertip
Skin to skin
Ring to ring
Tongue to tongue
Thigh to thigh
Oh baby
Yeah
All the time

Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 10, 2020 21:45

bye bye johnny
timbernardis
Another question -- will the Brussels 73 tracks/concert(s) be exactly the same and include everything that was on the official release of a few years ago or will it be different in any form or fashion? I spose no one knows for sure until September 4th, but what would be your supposition or assumption be?

Super Deluxe Box Set includes the previously released "The Brussels Affair".

[therollingstonesshop.com]

I assume you are talking about the regular Super Deluxe edition, not the Japanese Super Deluxe edition which has two more tracks?

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-10 21:50 by timbernardis.

Date: July 10, 2020 22:15

timbernardis

I assume you are talking about the regular Super Deluxe edition, not the Japanese Super Deluxe edition which has two more tracks?

But the two more Tracks do not belong to Brussels Affair - [iorr.org] . Tracklist BA (CD3): [www.uDiscoverMusic.com] - it's the same in Japan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-10 22:20 by Irix.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 10, 2020 22:18

TravelinMan
NICOS
I don't know about the song although it's a a exile out take I don't feel the real mood of exile but I understand why they skipped it to release it on the record back then......and for the video in black and white would have suite the song better (or the green color they used on the inner sleeve of exile)

Which song?

Made some correction in my original post....

I don't know about this song Criss Cross although it's seems a GHS out take it looks more like an failed exile out take, I understand why they skipped it to release it back then......and for the video black and white would have suite the song better.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 10, 2020 22:21

timbernardis
bye bye johnny
timbernardis
Another question -- will the Brussels 73 tracks/concert(s) be exactly the same and include everything that was on the official release of a few years ago or will it be different in any form or fashion? I spose no one knows for sure until September 4th, but what would be your supposition or assumption be?

Super Deluxe Box Set includes the previously released "The Brussels Affair".

[therollingstonesshop.com]

Just click the link for all the details.

Date: July 10, 2020 22:35

Stoneage
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

Baby. Ooh!
Baby
Save me. Ooh!
Save me. Ah!
Yeah, here come a woman
Save me
Save me. Ooh!
Yeah, here come a woman
Yeah, here come a lady

I noticed that you omitted the juicy part of the lyrics ('cheek to cheek, tongue to tongue, tooth to tooth..' etc.) smiling smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 10, 2020 22:36

What does criss cross mean in the context?

Date: July 10, 2020 22:36

StonedRambler
Stoneage
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

Baby. Ooh!
Baby
Save me. Ooh!
Save me. Ah!
Yeah, here come a woman
Save me
Save me. Ooh!
Yeah, here come a woman
Yeah, here come a lady
You left out the best part grinning smiley

Darling
Darling
Ooh!
Touch me
Ooh, yeah!
Kiss me
Ooh, yeah! Ooh, yeah!
Lip to lip
Fingertip
Skin to skin
Ring to ring
Tongue to tongue
Thigh to thigh
Oh baby
Yeah
All the time

Ha! You beat me to it! grinning smiley

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 10, 2020 22:42

No one is ever going to accuse anyone of writing "Jigsaw Puzzle" level lyrics here.

A decent producer makes sure the good stuff makes the cut and the crap is left on the cutting room floor. It was obvious what the decision was with this song. Thought it lacked anything of interest on bootleg and now I just have to wonder if this is the best they got. This hype of an obviously sub-standard effort really makes me wonder what they got left in the "vault".

jb

Date: July 10, 2020 22:43

jbwelda
No one is ever going to accuse anyone of writing "Jigsaw Puzzle" level lyrics here.

A decent producer makes sure the good stuff makes the cut and the crap is left on the cutting room floor. It was obvious what the decision was with this song. Thought it lacked anything of interest on bootleg and now I just have to wonder if this is the best they got. This hype of an obviously sub-standard effort really makes me wonder what they got left in the "vault".

jb

Scarlet sounds promising, though.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: July 10, 2020 22:45

NICOS
TravelinMan
NICOS
I don't know about the song although it's a a exile out take I don't feel the real mood of exile but I understand why they skipped it to release it on the record back then......and for the video in black and white would have suite the song better (or the green color they used on the inner sleeve of exile)

Which song?

Made some correction in my original post....

I don't know about this song Criss Cross although it's seems a GHS out take it looks more like an failed exile out take, I understand why they skipped it to release it back then......and for the video black and white would have suite the song better.

Billy Preston is really a driving force here, which makes me lean towards Goat's Head Soup. Plus, it was featured on the original track list.

As I mentioned previously, I think Separately is actually an Exile outtake and not from GHS sessions.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 10, 2020 22:49

Irix
timbernardis

But the two more Tracks do not belong to Brussels Affair - [iorr.org] . Tracklist BA (CD3): [www.uDiscoverMusic.com] - it's the same in Japan.

Oh yeah, I didn't mean as part of the live stuff, but prolly studio outtakes and/or remixes.

plexi

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 10, 2020 22:55

best rolling stones video in ages, great director, explicit, really in tune with the stones that chose the tongue logo, fit perfectly the song. really enjoy the whole thing. bravo mick

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 10, 2020 23:01

Forgive me, but where is the little clip of Scarlet?

Date: July 10, 2020 23:15

peoplewitheyes
Forgive me, but where is the little clip of Scarlet?

At 0:32

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 10, 2020 23:32

DandelionPowderman
jbwelda

jb

Dandy you liked Criss Cross several pages back, have you jumped ship??

Also Criss Cross by Thelonious Monk 1963: [www.youtube.com]

Date: July 10, 2020 23:51

Maindefender
DandelionPowderman
jbwelda

jb

Dandy you liked Criss Cross several pages back, have you jumped ship??

Also Criss Cross by Thelonious Monk 1963: [www.youtube.com]

I liked the mix. Never been a big fan of the song (after the first minute or so).

But it's nice to have it professionally mixed.

Monk is great, though thumbs up

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: July 11, 2020 00:44

Captain Teague
Could they throw in a major surprise and release the bulk or all of the first Brussels show as the Brussels Affair element of this GHS release?

No, I don't think so either, too much like hard work!

Would be nice if the include the 1st show and maybe the London 1973 tracks. I'm not interested to buy the second show once again. I always loved the bootleg version of brussels.

Date: July 11, 2020 01:00

glimmertwin1

Would be nice if the include the 1st show and maybe the London 1973 tracks.

Brussels Affair in GHS 2020 Deluxe is from 17-Oct-1973 - [Music.Apple.com] - [www.Amazon.com] , but it's not clear which of the two Shows on that day - Wikipedia.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-11 01:10 by Irix.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 11, 2020 01:21

It is of course exactly what was previously mastered and released. I don't know why that would even be in question. Stranger things have happened, I suppose, but come on now. Like said, too much hard work, for no apparent benefit.

jb

Date: July 11, 2020 01:28

Irix
glimmertwin1

Brussels Affair in GHS 2020 Deluxe is from 17-Oct-1973 - [Music.Apple.com] - [www.Amazon.com] , but it's not clear which of the two Shows on that day - Wikipedia.

The Heartbreaker clip is from the show that was released before.

Date: July 11, 2020 01:41

Irix
glimmertwin1

Brussels Affair will be available on Spotify?

Date: July 11, 2020 01:45

DiegoGlimmerStones

Looks like - if it's streamed on Apple Music and Amazon Music then certainly also on Spotify.

Date: July 11, 2020 02:21

Irix
DiegoGlimmerStones

Looks like - if it's streamed on Apple Music and Amazon Music then certainly also on Spotify.
Thx Irix thumbs up

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: July 11, 2020 02:49

I wonder why people are still b@#$hing about Brussels 1973. I just checked my HD and found that I downloaded that concert from Stones Archives at the release date. The files are tagged as November 17, 2011 between 4.13 and 4.18 PM BST.
Guess in 9 years one can get that concert one way or another.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1778
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home