Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 101
Re: Criss Cross - out July 9, 2020
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: July 10, 2020 05:15

I've been looking at the Amazon listings for the CD/Blu Ray Boxset and the vinyl Boxset.

Great to able to get a Vinyl copy of The Brussels Affair for less than a $1000, but i'd have liked to have the Blu Ray disc available on both sets.

So it's going to be $600 NZD or so for me to get both, i'm ok with that considering the Brussels Boxset cost

Well I just noticed that the CD/Blu Ray Boxset with it's poster reproductions has one for the Auckland, New Zealand 1973 Concert, definitely getting that for sure

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-10 05:23 by SKILLS.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: July 10, 2020 05:27

The song itself is overly sexualized (nothing wrong with that because as creatures this is our literal goal in life: continuation of the species). I'm not sure how people are stopping at the message and objecting to the video.

You should have seen her ass? Yeah, I did, over and over again! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-10 05:28 by TravelinMan.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: July 10, 2020 05:40

charlie @#$%& watts.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 10, 2020 05:49

SKILLS
I've been looking at the Amazon listings for the CD/Blu Ray Boxset and the vinyl Boxset.

Great to able to get a Vinyl copy of The Brussels Affair for less than a $1000, but i'd have liked to have the Blu Ray disc available on both sets.

So it's going to be $600 NZD or so for me to get both, i'm ok with that considering the Brussels Boxset cost

Well I just noticed that the CD/Blu Ray Boxset with it's poster reproductions has one for the Auckland, New Zealand 1973 Concert, definitely getting that for sure

I initially wanted to go with the vinyl boxset, but the blu-ray and the repro posters made the decision between the two much easier. I'm a sucker for the posters and these were the clincher for me.
Says they roll them up in the box to avoid creasing, hoping they make the trip in good condition cool smiley
Good for you for getting both!!

"Deluxe 4LP & 4CD boxsets pay full homage to the original release – including the much sort after Brussels Affair, recorded live at the Forest National Arena in October 1973, plus a full disc of Rarities & Alternatives (including three unheard tracks). The 4CD boxset also includes a 120 page book of rare photos & essays, plus four re-produced 1973 tour posters (rolled up inside the package to avoid creasing)."
[rollingstones.com]

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: July 10, 2020 06:17

treaclefingers
powerage78
Great song.
Gold Stones era.
Viva Mick Taylor and Bill.

Thank you. A bit too much grumpiness from some around here.
Too much grumpiness?? Nah that never happens here-yeah right!

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: July 10, 2020 07:28

Well there's plenty of versions available in the Stones store, even a cassette, which is fantastic.

[store.digitalstores.co.uk]

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 10, 2020 07:51

I don't get the cassette, either. Unless it is meant as a pure novelty for the collection, I really doubt many people actually play cassettes anymore. I know, personally, that I wish I had a functioning cassette player still, I have a lot of tapes I would like to digitize. Not enough to make it worth my while to go buy a new deck though.

jb

Posted by: mckalk ()
Date: July 10, 2020 08:32

I've always liked it since it began showing up on YouTube. It does sound cleaner to my ears. I would think unlikely, but I wonder if Mick and Mick "added" to this one as they did with "Plundered My Soul", which I also really like no matter the later additions to the song.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 10, 2020 10:01

Bungo
Is the girl in the video one of The Stones' daughters or granddaughters? That video goes on forever. For as much time as someone put into that video I would have expected a little more.

name of the girl is Guindilla Marina Ontanaya spanish model

Diane Kunst, the director, is of philippine origin, based in Spain. she is author of videos for Rosalia, Madonna, James Blake.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 10, 2020 10:51

powerage78
Great song.
Gold Stones era.

thumbs up
Finally...some real Stones sound!!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 10, 2020 10:56

YES

KRiffhard
powerage78
Great song.
Gold Stones era.

thumbs up
Finally...some real Stones sound!!

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: July 10, 2020 11:01

Directors cut is coming...

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 10, 2020 12:55

Bungo

Is the girl in the video one of The Stones' daughters or granddaughters?

No, she's the best friend and muse of Video-Director Diana Kunst - [www.Instagram.com] .

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: July 10, 2020 13:19

One of mey all time favourites

Two questions:

1. About 30 years ago I owned a version of "save me" which included a stormy ocean in the end of the song, Jagger screamed "Save me!" and got drowned.In my memories, that was the best version of this song. Anybody knows it?

2. Is this really different / better than the known boot?
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 10, 2020 13:26

Diana Kunst .......

[www.instagram.com]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 10, 2020 13:55

SKILLS
Well there's plenty of versions available in the Stones store, even a cassette, which is fantastic.

[store.digitalstores.co.uk]

And what about a version on minidisc? grinning smiley

Date: July 10, 2020 14:00

MAF

Yeah - and Reel-to-Reel Tape too .... winking smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 10, 2020 14:17

Irix
MAF

Yeah - and Reel-to-Reel Tape too .... winking smiley

8 track??

Rod

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 10, 2020 14:22

And a cartridge smiling smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: phelge ()
Date: July 10, 2020 15:23

So last year I was lucky enough to hear Sgt Pepper in Dolby ATMOS at Abbey Road. I then got to interview Giles Martin, son of George, who'd mixed it. They then set up a room in Liverpool over Christmas for the public to hear it.
Giles said then he was working on a GHS Dolby ATMOS mix with Mick. The Pepper mix was the coolest thing ever. But you need a room with around 50 speakers to hear it properly ie a cinema (they had a special listening room set up at Abbey Road).
So I'm wondering where we can hear the Dolby ATMOS version of GHS? It would be spectacular!

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: July 10, 2020 15:34

I really like it. It works well with Living in a Ghost Town, I find. I also like the video by Director Diana Kunst. We should keep in mind that it is for a song that the stones wrote when they were not in their 80ies. So I think the video is totally ok. Plus - in 2018 when I watched the Stones at a show a young woman on the shoulders of her friend took off her shirt when Mick Jagger came to sing the chorus of Brown Sugar. He was quite surprised. So I think the Stones are still sexy enough to release such a video (that has some great shots I think).

Date: July 10, 2020 15:35

phelge

But you need a room with around 50 speakers to hear it properly ie a cinema (they had a special listening room set up at Abbey Road).

Speaker-Setup for Dolby-Atmos - see here: [iorr.org] .

phelge

The Pepper mix was the coolest thing ever.

Some said it was the Atmos-Mix of 'Revolution 9' from the White Album.

phelge

So I'm wondering where we can hear the Dolby ATMOS version of GHS? It would be spectacular!

At home from the BluRay - but you need the appropriate Dolby-Atmos equipment ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-10 15:55 by Irix.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: July 10, 2020 16:34

I can see hear why this was an outtake. I like several songs on Goats Head Soup, nevertheless think it was a bit of a lowpoint, but understandable after such high standard set with the trilogy of Let it bleed, Sticky Fingers and Exile.

Hope something will be made available from Black and Blue shortly!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 10, 2020 17:01

phelge
So last year I was lucky enough to hear Sgt Pepper in Dolby ATMOS at Abbey Road. I then got to interview Giles Martin, son of George, who'd mixed it. They then set up a room in Liverpool over Christmas for the public to hear it.
Giles said then he was working on a GHS Dolby ATMOS mix with Mick. The Pepper mix was the coolest thing ever. But you need a room with around 50 speakers to hear it properly ie a cinema (they had a special listening room set up at Abbey Road).

Wow that's interesting, don't believe it's ever been mentioned elsewhere before ! I must say I was a bit surprised when I saw the announcement for a 5.1 mix for GHS yesterday as there's only ONE Stones track available in 5.1 so far and that's "Sympathy for the Devil" that came out on an SACD at the time of the 2020 SACD rereleases as a "taster" I suppose although that mostly lead people to think that there 5.1 mixes on the actual SACD releases ;-)

Even without an Atmos system you can enjoy the immersive 5.1 audio with any "standard" 5.1 setup using a BD Player or PS4 or a PC Home Theater System.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 10, 2020 17:15

calipachangero
I can see hear why this was an outtake. I like several songs on Goats Head Soup, nevertheless think it was a bit of a lowpoint, but understandable after such high standard set with the trilogy of Let it bleed, Sticky Fingers and Exile.

Agreed -nothing special with Criss Cross and some outtakes from B & B might prove favorable.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: July 10, 2020 17:22

Chris Fountain
calipachangero

Agreed -nothing special with Criss Cross and some outtakes from B & B might prove favorable.
Criss Cross has a great groove and the guitars are fantastic.Its better than anything on Black n Blue except for Mem Motel, Hand of Fate and Crazy Mama.And GHS is better than Black n Blue.Cherry oh Baby, Hey Negrita and Melody are crap

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: July 10, 2020 17:38

it's a fine song.

a bit too much "All Down the Line" meets "Brown Sugar"....but, it's OK w/ me.

Date: July 10, 2020 18:30

Dolby Atmos .... also at the 2019 'Rock and Roll Circus' - [www.abkco.com] .

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 10, 2020 19:05

Luckily, rock videos is a thing of the past. I wonder which rating this one would have got though. It's quite sexually explicit. Maybe even sexist.
A young woman running around very lightly dressed posing in sexual positions. Who wrote the script? What's it about?

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: July 10, 2020 19:19

Stoneage
Luckily, rock videos is a thing of the past. I wonder which rating this one would have got though. It's quite sexually explicit. Maybe even sexist.
A young woman running around very lightly dressed posing in sexual positions. Who wrote the script? What's it about?

It's too close for comfort to Spinal Tap.
Sexist? Yeah, baby.Sexy.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1142
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home