Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 101
Re: Criss Cross - out July 9, 2020
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 9, 2020 22:11

georgie48
What to do with the old bootlegs titled "Criss Cross Man" and "Save Me"? On Vinyl (cracky and dusty) or that old mid eighties CD? No need to ever listen to those again. I can hear Mick say ... "bootlegs? They're from another world. We ... make the real ones, haha."
I like the freshness of Criss Cross ... and I'm still not over Living In A Ghost Town ... aagghh.
grinning smiley

Have bootleg titled How Do you Hide Your Love, which contains 4 versions, nice to still have the variety.....seems like minimal sax on the new release

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 9, 2020 22:15

Maindefender
JordyLicks96

I really hope there's a physical release for a "Criss Cross" single!!

It's here: HiRes 96kHz/24bit - [www.Qobuz.com]

That's for Download - to make it physical you have to burn it by yourself on CD and print your own Cover .... winking smiley

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 9, 2020 22:42

Maindefender
georgie48
What to do with the old bootlegs titled "Criss Cross Man" and "Save Me"? On Vinyl (cracky and dusty) or that old mid eighties CD? No need to ever listen to those again. I can hear Mick say ... "bootlegs? They're from another world. We ... make the real ones, haha."
I like the freshness of Criss Cross ... and I'm still not over Living In A Ghost Town ... aagghh.
grinning smiley

Have bootleg titled How Do you Hide Your Love, which contains 4 versions, nice to still have the variety.....seems like minimal sax on the new release

It's always nice to see (hear) how the Stones go over songs. Like you say, 4 versions means they took their time, but in the end (talking 1973) they didn't put it on an album. In those days they had better songs to choose from. With no tour on site Universal aparently managed to convince them to polish it and create some income for the record company. I'd rather see them finish the new album winking smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 9, 2020 22:44

the video can be liked or not but sure for the first time in years they're cutting edge here with diane kunst, the director. great choice, i like it. and sure I have seen her ass now though the outtake is missing spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 9, 2020 22:55

georgie48

With no tour on site Universal aparently managed to convince them to polish it and create some income for the record company.

The GHS-reissue was already announced on 6-Feb-2020 in conjunction with the US-Tour - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 9, 2020 23:02

Irix
georgie48

With no tour on site Universal aparently managed to convince them to polish it and create some income for the record company.

The GHS-reissue was already announced on 6-Feb-2020 in conjunction with the US-Tour - [iorr.org] .

Ah, okay, missed that. With two different quality GHS CDs, it was not really on my retina ...
The still to release new album has been triggering my imagination for a while and LIAGT has given me a lot of hope there. Still, a GHS bonus CD is always welcome.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: July 9, 2020 23:07

I bought it. It's funky.

Re: Criss Cross - out tomorrow
Posted by: matxil ()
Date: July 9, 2020 23:10

MisterDDDD
Sounds Great!
Smokin' hot video as well spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Cool!
I wish they'd do something similar with "Keep It Cool".

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: July 9, 2020 23:16

Shouldn't this be called Save Me?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 9, 2020 23:23

I don't know about this song although it's seems a GHS out take it looks more like an failed exile out take, I understand why they skipped it to release it back then......and for the video black and white would have suite the song better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-10 21:43 by NICOS.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: July 9, 2020 23:26

NICOS
I don't know about the song although it's a a exile out take I don't feel the real mood of exile but I understand why they skipped it to release it on the record back then......and for the video in black and white would have suite the song better (or the green color they used on the inner sleeve of exile)

Which song?

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 9, 2020 23:30

Great song.
Gold Stones era.
Viva Mick Taylor and Bill.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: July 9, 2020 23:38

Save Me smileys with beer smiling bouncing smiley I like !

Sounds more or less like the bootleg version with much more bass?

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: July 9, 2020 23:44

Is the girl in the video one of The Stones' daughters or granddaughters? That video goes on forever. For as much time as someone put into that video I would have expected a little more.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: July 9, 2020 23:47

Bungo
Is the girl in the video one of The Stones' daughters or granddaughters? That video goes on forever. For as much time as someone put into that video I would have expected a little more.

Probably some 18-year-old model that Mick has been keeping his eye on for a few years.
Just kidding. Sort of.

Date: July 10, 2020 00:25

powerage78
Great song.
Gold Stones era.

Taylor on bass. Keith on both guitars. Don't think Bill is on it at all. And they forgot to credit the horns!

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: July 10, 2020 00:33

DandelionPowderman
powerage78
Great song.
Gold Stones era.

Taylor on bass. Keith on both guitars. Don't think Bill is on it at all. And they forgot to credit the horns!

That was my impression as well.

Maybe those are the generic credits used for the whole album, rather than a particular song. Although, I'm still interested in the Taylor composer credit. The Metamorphosis credits could have been a jab by the old producer, whereas this is clearly done under the Stones supervision.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 10, 2020 00:39

All the promo stuff is boasting '3 unheard songs', and they call this 'unheard'...
But all of us have heard it for years (albeit not in this exact version)

Date: July 10, 2020 00:41

TravelinMan
DandelionPowderman
powerage78
Great song.
Gold Stones era.

That was my impression as well.

Maybe those are the generic credits used for the whole album, rather than a particular song. Although, I'm still interested in the Taylor composer credit. The Metamorphosis credits could have been a jab by the old producer, whereas this is clearly done under the Stones supervision.

Yeah, probably the generic credits. I'm not so sure the credits were done under the Stones's supervision, though. There have been too many errors on these releases. I doubt that Mick has proofread this.

The songwriting credits are surprising. But it's a hell of a bassline smiling smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 10, 2020 00:42

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-10 00:52 by Stoneage.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: July 10, 2020 01:17

Don’t care the video.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 10, 2020 01:35

powerage78
Great song.
Gold Stones era.

Thank you. A bit too much grumpiness from some around here.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 10, 2020 02:35

I'm glad to have a much better offering of Criss Cross!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 10, 2020 03:32

NilsHolgersson

No more than the opening song on Beggars Banquet should be called 'Pleased to meet you'....

Re: Criss Cross - out tomorrow
Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: July 10, 2020 03:38

MisterDDDD
bitusa2012
I like it. But the video? Now, I’m a red blooded male. But that’s crass from a band pushing into their 80s. Do they really think in 2020, that’s appropriate?

I remember many of us squirmed with Keith’s “Bare your breasts And let me feel at home” line, at his age, from This Place is Empty in 2005. 15 years later we get this tawdry video...

After the refreshing Living in a ghost Town video, this one is dreadful.

But I like the song.

The Rolling Stones... pissing prudes off since 1962 (and counting cool smiley)

Jeezus.. not like they even appear in it.
Love it.

exactly!!!

this is the wrong band to be into if one is easily offended -"I really like Goat's Head Soup but i really wish they would change the lyrics on Star Star - blah - " - I never want to meet the fan who would say that hahah -

they have been sticking provocative chicks in videos since "She Was Hot" - and let's not forget that great Black and Blue ad they caught so much heat over -

i do wonder where some of the songs are we were expecting - maybe they will be on IORR if they do that one -

cheers friends!!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 10, 2020 03:44

Gazza
NilsHolgersson

No more than the opening song on Beggars Banquet should be called 'Pleased to meet you'....

Hmmm...I had a girlfriend once who thought that was the title.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 10, 2020 03:46

JordyLicks96

I really hope there's a physical release for a "Criss Cross" single!! smileys with beer

I hope so too. thumbs up

Posted by: gastonl74 ()
Date: July 10, 2020 04:26

peoplewitheyes
All the promo stuff is boasting '3 unheard songs', and they call this 'unheard'...
But all of us have heard it for years (albeit not in this exact version)

It's like this !! fans have already heard this to the point!
and we are the only ones who will buy this "New" material

But it is always good to celebrate that these pearls officially see the light!
For now and thanks to the Pandemic and the quarantines,
I am going to wait for the "Download" edition, since until now I don't have a mango ($$)!
jaja!! Greetings!

Posted by: okenny ()
Date: July 10, 2020 04:55

Maindefender
georgie48
grinning smiley

I took this opportunity to listen again and Captain Acid did a great job. Track207"Criss Cross la" has almost official sound quality.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: July 10, 2020 04:57

I loved the video. Do you really want to see some 70-year-old woman romping around in a bikini and such ???

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1907
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home