Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 101
Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue - September 4
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 10, 2020 03:45

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 10, 2020 03:45

exilestones

I'm glad to get this release. Would you rather have nothing? If so, then don't buy it.

This release looks interesting, especially the 4 vinyl set. Too bad it's so overpriced!

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 10, 2020 03:46

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 10, 2020 03:48

sbryant, I noticed they were no longer out of stock about the same time you did, so I jumped on it and got the two clear vinyl LPs. But thanks for the notice, I would have really appreciated it had I not already seen it.

jb

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: July 10, 2020 05:21

Irix

HiRes 96kHz/24bit - [www.Qobuz.com]

All Track-names have a '2020' addition - could indeed be a new Mix (incl. Remaster).
From the official website.

“Goats Head Soup 2020 features an all-new stereo mix of the original 1973 album“

“Included are the new stereo album mix, sourced from the original session files“

Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue
Posted by: donvis ()
Date: July 10, 2020 05:27

Irix
Japanese Editions: [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

2 Bonus-Tracks are included only in the Japanese Edition of the 3CD+BluRay Super Deluxe Box:

- 100 Years Ago (Glyn Johns 1973 Mix) *Bonus-Track only for Japanese Edition

- Hide Your Love (Glyn Johns 1973 Mix) *Bonus-Track only for Japanese Edition
Are there any links to order this in English, please?

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: July 10, 2020 05:30

Taylor1
DiamondDog7
I'm very happy with this future release and I will buy the super deluxe box. Maybe. LOL
And I'm also very happy that Mick Taylor finally receives some official credit for a Stones song (criss-cross).

But I really really really miss this song. One of the most beautiful dreamy mysterious instrumentals during GHS. Nicky Hopkins and Mick Taylor are amazing here; Separatly

video: [www.youtube.com]
I think because it’s credited as a Taylor -Richards composition I don’t think it would have been on the album unless Jagger had added lyrics.But Taylor already did that.It is a beautiful song

Taylor said it was done in the basement in France. So it should have been on Exile, but definitely didn't fit that vibe. I think the "experts" have it wrong in that it was recorded in Jamaica. Miller didn't play any drums in Jamaica.

Date: July 10, 2020 05:31

there is a pop up that offers to translate it to English when I go there. Haven't done so yet

jb

Date: July 10, 2020 05:34

As sometimes happens, one can get a sense of what is being said:

In addition to the first multi-format demo and
outtake released in 1973, three unreleased songs including Jimmy Page's "Scarlet" were recorded.

Two bonus tracks included
in the Japanese Super Deluxe Box

Featuring "Angie of Sorrow" which marked the 5th place in the UK and the first place in the United States, the Rolling Stones' "Goat's Head Soup" which won first place in both the UK and the United States is newly released in multi-format!

Based on the latest (2020) mix of standard CDs and 1LP, a 2CD Deluxe Edition with discs with valuable demos and alternate mixes, including fully unreleased songs such as "Scarlet with Jimmy Page", "All the Rage" and "Chris Cross", appeared.

In addition, the 73-year live "Brussels Affair" CD, which was only available in bundles with two CDs consisting of the main story and the rare track collection and the ultra-luxurious limited box or video, the high-resolution 5.1 surround sound source and "Dancing with Mr. D", "Silver Train" and "Ansea of Sorrow" Promotion Video Blu-ray compiled the video, Ian McCann known as the editor of "NME" and "Q", Nick Kent, Darryl Easley et al. manuscripts and valuable materials (including articles when a Japanese reporter visited during recording in Jamaica) is a gorgeous book that spans 120 pages, The 3CD+Blu-ray Super Deluxe Box and 4LP Super Deluxe Box, which includes replicas of the 1973 tour posters, are also on sale.
Only the Japanese edition of the 3CD+Blu-ray Super Deluxe Box includes two bonus tracks!

Furthermore, they link to a video of "Criss Cross Man", and there is always "Angie of Sorrow".

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-10 05:36 by jbwelda.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: July 10, 2020 05:40

jbwelda
there is a pop up that offers to translate it to English when I go there. Haven't done so yet

jb
not on my iPad

Date: July 10, 2020 05:45

Well it does confirm the extra two tracks on the super deluxe version of the cds, although most of the other text is about as literally believable as the above quote. A lot of repetition or I would cut and paste it here. Appears they want approx 188 USD for the super cd/bluray set with the two extra tracks.

I don't get why they do this sort of crap. Hopefully they will release the two tracks on a single or something for the rest of the world market. But they should have put it in the vinyl SD version if nothing else.

jb

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 10, 2020 09:50

bonddm

“Goats Head Soup 2020 features an all-new stereo mix of the original 1973 album“

“Included are the new stereo album mix, sourced from the original session files“

Yes, but some assumed that the terms 'Remix' and 'Remaster' had been confused .... [iorr.org] .

Date: July 10, 2020 10:00

donvis
Irix

Japanese Editions: [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

Are there any links to order this in English, please?

1CD (SHM): [www.CDJapan.co.jp]

2CD (Deluxe): [www.CDJapan.co.jp]

3CD+BR: [www.CDJapan.co.jp]

1LP: [www.CDJapan.co.jp]

2LP (Deluxe): [www.CDJapan.co.jp]

4LP (Vinyl-Box): [www.CDJapan.co.jp]

The Japanese Editions are usually also available at [www.jpc.de] . Worldwide shipping: [www.jpc.de] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-14 12:05 by Irix.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 10, 2020 10:51

Irix
bonddm

Yes, but some assumed that the terms 'Remix' and 'Remaster' had been confused .... [iorr.org] .

Yes it seems like a remix would have been a pretty big project with Mick and Keith having to be heavily involved, not just a random engineer messing with the tapes, and there's no good reason to remix it like there was for Pepper or The White Album that were mixed with limited resources at the time and as a result the balance was not "natural" (voice in the left channel, drums on the right, etc...). The remix of Abbey Road was a lot less "useful". Now in the case of GHS there is a 5.1 mix (apparently) so that would of course have required a "real" remix.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: July 10, 2020 11:24

Have to admit I'm gutted they are including Brussels Affair. Surely they have something else in the vault they could use?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 10, 2020 11:55

gotdablouse
Irix
bonddm

Yes it seems like a remix would have been a pretty big project with Mick and Keith having to be heavily involved, not just a random engineer messing with the tapes, and there's no good reason to remix it like there was for Pepper or The White Album that were mixed with limited resources at the time and as a result the balance was not "natural" (voice in the left channel, drums on the right, etc...). The remix of Abbey Road was a lot less "useful". Now in the case of GHS there is a 5.1 mix (apparently) so that would of course have required a "real" remix.

But a remaster can't be done from the original session files but from the master, Right? So I think it is going to be a completely new mix.

Just listen to Silver Train here:
[www.youtube.com]

The tracks are more spearated and Mick is more upfront. But this could also be the Glyn Johny Remix from CD 2....

Date: July 10, 2020 12:20

hockenheim95

But a remaster can't be done from the original session files but from the master, Right?

No, it's better to use the original recordings for the (Re-) Mastering process and then apply Equalization, Compression, Limiting and so on - [en.Wikipedia.org] - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Miles Showell at Abbey Road Studios used the digital flat-transfers (DSD, PCM) of the original Tapes for his HalfSpeed-Vinyl-Mastering - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 10, 2020 14:42

Paul Kersey
Have to admit I'm gutted they are including Brussels Affair. Surely they have something else in the vault they could use?

I agree. they could've thrown in another autumn 1973 show, like London or Birmingham. We already got these two Bruxelles shows in numerous versions. Missed opportunity perhaps. At least I hope it's the evening show which I only have one earlier version of grinning smiley

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: July 10, 2020 14:55

MadMax
Paul Kersey

I agree. they could've thrown in another autumn 1973 show, like London or Birmingham. We already got these two Bruxelles shows in numerous versions. Missed opportunity perhaps. At least I hope it's the evening show which I only have one earlier version of grinning smiley

Yeah that would be nice. I would love perfect sounding versions of Silver Train and 100 Years ago eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: July 10, 2020 15:40

This article says “Through The Lonely Nights” is included. Did I miss that? I hope so. Even though it’s been released on CD now, it would be nice to have it in this context and, perhaps, remixed.

[www.nme.com]

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 10, 2020 15:41

Will Japanese blurays play in all countries?

I believe I have a few old foreign DVDs that won't play in my old made for U.S. DVD player, didn't know if any technological limitations apply to these.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 10, 2020 15:42

Don't see anyone mention this - Super Deluxe CD Japan set already showing as Sold Out:
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 10, 2020 16:43

HouseBoyKnows
I think someone may have pointed this out already, but All the Rage is the new title for You Should Have Seen Her Ass. I went back and listened to the bootleg and the phrase - all the rage - appears several times in the murky vocals.

HBK

Looking forward to this one...

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 10, 2020 16:44

kovach

I believe I have a few old foreign DVDs that won't play in my old made for U.S. DVD player, didn't know if any technological limitations apply to these.

BluRays seems to be pretty generic - I've bought Japanese BluRays (Havana Moon I think?) and no issues. DVDs are more where they can have different regions. You should be fine.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 10, 2020 19:12

DEmerson
kovach

BluRays seems to be pretty generic - I've bought Japanese BluRays (Havana Moon I think?) and no issues. DVDs are more where they can have different regions. You should be fine.

I would imagine a region free DVD player would take care of any problems. One question tho -- what is the relationship between regions and the NTSC/PAL formats (if they are formats). Someone please help clarify all this for me.

plexi

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 10, 2020 19:20

Another question -- will the Brussels 73 tracks/concert(s) be exactly the same and include everything that was on the official release of a few years ago or will it be different in any form or fashion? I spose no one knows for sure until September 4th, but what would be your supposition or assumption be?

plexi

Posted by: gustavobala ()
Date: July 10, 2020 19:46

i hate so much theses 'mix' 'mixes'

from more outtakes, only 3???? god!!!!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 10, 2020 19:52

timbernardis
Another question -- will the Brussels 73 tracks/concert(s) be exactly the same and include everything that was on the official release of a few years ago or will it be different in any form or fashion? I spose no one knows for sure until September 4th, but what would be your supposition or assumption be?

plexi

They would have advertised it if it would be any different to the previous releases

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 10, 2020 20:11

[www.amazon.de]

The super deluxe edition, listed with 99,99 €...

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: July 10, 2020 20:36

gustavobala
i hate so much theses 'mix' 'mixes'

from more outtakes, only 3???? god!!!!

I'm with you and would like to hear more outtakes, but I must say that these mixes seem to be fantastic. I felt directly in love with the piano version of '100 Years Ago'. So let's enjoy the tracks that are coming.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1375
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home