Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 101
Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue - September 4
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 9, 2020 18:01

trm15
UDiscoverMusic USA has a 25% sale until July 31st, plus you can stack a 20% coupon code (SURVEY20) for vinyl purchases. So the 4LP set comes to $75USD. And, free US Shipping!

You can't use the extra 20% off for the 3CD/Blu-Ray set but still 25% off brings the price to $112.49 USD.

shop.udiscovermusic.com

thumbs up Thanks!

*also a 10% first time order code (UDMESSENGER) that can be used on any order

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-09 18:17 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: amg077 ()
Date: July 9, 2020 18:10

Hairball
I didn't realize how much crap they're pushing with this release until I looked at the official store, and it's hard to get excited when you feel like it's a scam.
Would make sense if it was some brand new music or a brand new tour, but throwing together bundles, and even selling a lithograph for an album that's 50 years old?
Greedy old bastards...milking it to death while taking advantage of the fans...I'll settle for the 2cd set and purchase from Amazon which will eventually drop down to the cheapest price.

Well, we have the adavantage of not buying the things.

In my case I will only but the two cd set. 3 new songs is not that much, compared with 7 new ones of Exile or 12 from Some Girls. At least there is new material comparing it with Sticky Fingers re-edition

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 9, 2020 18:17

Pretty good deal on the Deluxe 3CD+BD at JPC.de for European fans, "only" 99.99€...[www.jpc.de]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 9, 2020 18:20

3CD+BR: [www.Amazon.co.uk]

4LP Vinyl-Box: [www.Amazon.co.uk]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 9, 2020 18:25

trm15
UDiscoverMusic USA has a 25% sale until July 31st, plus you can stack a 20% coupon code (SURVEY20) for vinyl purchases. So the 4LP set comes to $75USD. And, free US Shipping!

You can't use the extra 20% off for the 3CD/Blu-Ray set but still 25% off brings the price to $112.49 USD.

shop.udiscovermusic.com

Thanks, this might be the best deal yet for what I was looking for, and the 20% discount applied to all three.

Deluxe 2 CD: $12.00
Deluxe 2 LP: $21.60
Cassette: $7.80

And free shipping within the USA.

*Edit: I tried adding the additional 10% discount code posted by MisterDDD, but it canceled out the 20% code SURVEY20, so I changed it back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-09 18:32 by Hairball.

Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 9, 2020 18:34

Gazza
Sighunt
Gazza
All this hype for 3 outtakes plus 4 different mixes, 2 instrumental versions and a piano demo of songs that were on the album. Plus a show (albeit a great one) that has now been officially available for nine years.

Christ, and I thought the 'Sticky Fingers' deluxe was underwhelming.

I know there was a lot of songs listed for these sessions and its understandable they dont want to put out stuff that might be nothing more than a rough demo, but surely they have reasonably listenable versions of 'Waiting On A Friend' and other tracks

On the plus side. 'All The Rage' is a new title on me.
"Underwhelming" regarding the Sticky Fingers deluxe package is putting it mildly. From my perspective, with the exception of Some Girls and the Totally Stripped deluxe box set, these guys just can't get it right when it comes to delivering these re-issues. I felt teased with only including half of the London Roundhouse tracks on the Sticky Fingers re-issue (which was arguably one of their best 1971 performances).

Yes. Those performances were off the scale. Always loved the Leeds show but the Roundhouse performances were even better. What did we get - five songs taken from the two shows? Such a tease!

Gazza, surely we got more from Leeds and the Roundhouse? Can't be arsed to check it out now but I bought the Super Deluxe back in 2015 and remember it including about 10-11 live tunes?

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: July 9, 2020 18:38

Check out what Yoko did the Imagine album .Likr a hundred alternate takes.Would have liked something more like that here.Plus they picked songs for the alternate mixes where Bill is not on them

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-09 18:41 by Taylor1.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 9, 2020 18:39

$12.75 for the 2 CD set out the door! Great deal, thanks for sharing the info everyone!

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 9, 2020 18:41

ALL RAGE sounds new to me too.

do you want a cassette ? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
[store.udiscovermusic.com]

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 9, 2020 18:44

I picked up the 4 LP set just now from UDiscoverMusic, thanks for the tip and the extra 25% off (though you cannot combine it with the 10% off offer that i could figure out). Still, 80 including tax and free shipping isnt bad. Will wait to see if i can score the cd/blueray/otherjunk set later on for cheap.

Am bugged though: f'in "store exclusive" clear vinyl 2 LP set is already SOLD OUT!!! man that happened fast, i was hoping to grab one of those even if i had to pay retail.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-09 18:56 by jbwelda.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 9, 2020 18:45

Lien
Bjorn
All that noise...I can´t hear the music...

Without the noise of the video [youtu.be]

And from there surprise surprise :

"Producer: Jimmy Miller
Associated Performer, Keyboards: Billy Preston
Associated Performer, Timbales: Jim Keltner
Associated Performer, Bass (vocal): Bill Wyman
Associated Performer, Drums: Charlie Watts
Associated Performer, Guitar: Keith Richards
Associated Performer, Vocals: Mick Jagger
Associated Performer, Guitar: Mick Taylor
Studio Personnel, Engineer: Andy Johns
Composer Lyricist: Keith Richards
Composer Lyricist: Mick Jager
Composer Lyricist: Mick Taylor"

The first Jagger/Richards/Taylor (or was "I'm Going Down" one too ? Ah yes, but changed to J/R in 2002 on the SACD version) co-write ? Was that part of the "2012 Deal" ? ;-)

@toomuchforme - according to some "in the know" it is in fact "You Should Have Seen Her Ass"

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-09 18:51 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: gastonl74 ()
Date: July 9, 2020 18:47

The surprising thing is that they included Mick Taylor as Co-Author of Criss Cross Man
Amazing!!!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 9, 2020 18:49

Press release from Polydor/Interscope/UMe:

Jul 09, 2020, 09:01 ET

The Rolling Stones' 1973 Classic 'Goats Head Soup' To Be Released Via Polydor/Interscope/UMe In Multi-Format And Deluxe Editions On September 4

FORMATS WILL FEATURE DEMOS, OUTTAKES AND THREE PREVIOUSLY UNHEARD TRACKS INCLUDING "SCARLET" WITH JIMMY PAGE

[www.rollingstones.com]

LOS ANGELES, July 9, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Another prized jewel in the Rolling Stones' unmatched catalog is to be restored to its full glory and more, with the September 4 multi-format release of their 1973 classic Goats Head Soup. The album will be available in multiple configurations, including four-disc CD and vinyl box set editions, with a treasure trove of unreleased studio and live material. Pre-order Goats Head Soup here.

The reissue follows the huge success and acclaim for the Stones' "Living In A Ghost Town" single and their universally-admired lockdown performance of "You Can't Always Get What You Want" in Global Citizen's April special One World: Together at Home.

The box set and deluxe CD and vinyl editions of Goats Head Soup will all feature ten bonus tracks, which include alternate versions, outtakes and no fewer than three previously unheard tracks. The first of these to be unveiled, "Criss Cross," is available as an instant grat track today with pre-orders of the album, and on all streaming and download services. The official "Criss Cross" video is out now, watch here.

Stones devotees worldwide will be thrilled by the inclusion, on the box set and deluxe editions, of the previously unheard "Scarlet," featuring guitar by Jimmy Page, and a third newly unveiled song, "All The Rage."

The layered guitar textures of "Scarlet" make for a track that's as infectious and raunchy as anything the band cut in this hallowed era. As well as Jimmy Page guesting alongside Mick & Keith on the track it also features on bass Rick Grech of Blind Faith fame.

"All The Rage" has a wild, post - "Brown Sugar" strut and the percussive "Criss Cross" rocks and swaggers as only the Stones can. The bonus disc of unreleased material also sheds new light on tracks such as "100 Years Ago" and "Hide Your Love," with further unissued mixes by Stones insider and acclaimed producer Glyn Johns.

Full Press Release > [www.prnewswire.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-09 18:50 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 9, 2020 18:56

Hairball
trm15

shop.udiscovermusic.com

Thanks, this might be the best deal yet for what I was looking for, and the 20% discount applied to all three.

*Edit: I tried adding the additional 10% discount code posted by MisterDDD, but it canceled out the 20% code SURVEY20, so I changed it back.

The 10% code worked for me. (have to connect with them on FB messenger)
For first time purchasers, I had not ordered from them before.

The check-out page already had the 25% mark-down applied and then a space to add a code.. Great deal!!

Goats Head Soup Super Deluxe 3CD + Blu-ray Box Set
1 $112.49

Cost summary
Description Price
Subtotal $112.49
Discount UDMESSENGER - $11.24 $11.24 off total order price
Shipping & Handling Free
Taxes $8.81
Total USD $110.06

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-09 18:59 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 9, 2020 18:58

Taylor1
Why two versions of Hide Your Love? It’s one of the weakest tracks on the album.Just to showcase Mick’s prowess on the piano? Would have preferred an alternate take of Angie or Star Star and and definitely an instrumental Can You Hear the Music.And why no Winter demo or alternate? Too much Taylor?Hopefully a bootlegger will get a hold of the session tapes and put out the alternate takes like the Satanic Majesties one.And this release is underwhelming compared to what Yoko put out for Imagine album with dozens of outtakes and alternate versions of songs.And why Brussels again and not London 1973?

Maybe it will turn out to be the best find.....

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 9, 2020 19:01

Unboxing GHS deluxe............... [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 9, 2020 19:12

Is the book included in the vinyl bundles?

Date: July 9, 2020 19:15

maumau

Is the book included in the vinyl bundles?

Doesn't look like ....

[Store.uDiscoverMusic.com] · [www.Universal-Music.co.jp]

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: July 9, 2020 19:17

hockenheim95
I stick with the 2 CD Version.120€ for Brussels is too much. And you don't even get the 2 japanese tracks

I go for the 2LP version. 60£ extra for BA, without book, posters or anything extra in the LP box?
Sticky Fingers 2CDs were overcompressed and brickwalled, but the LPs were not.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 9, 2020 19:18

Rocky Dijon

From about five years ago, there was (as always, unconfirmed) a list of six previously unreleased tracks earmarked for GOATS HEAD SOUP Deluxe and "Scarlet" was one of them so who knows.

Rocky Dijon

put it down to speculation only unless mpj200 or Soldatti confirm.

The list was: All the Rage, Save Me, Scarlet, Fragile, Tropical Disease, Separate Ways.

If this is credible, there are either more outtakes or some alternate versions because there will be at least ten tracks on the Rarities disc.

I would imagine THE BRUSSELS AFFAIR with its otherwise difficult to market cover art will be one of two additional discs in the deluxe version.

Tip of the hat to you, sir! You posted that in February based on info from years ago and nobody seems to have noticed the inclusion of a song called 'All The Rage'.

Now what happened those other 3 songs that had been previously shortlisted?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-09 19:19 by Gazza.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 9, 2020 19:21

Thank Irix, in fact it seemed so to me but I could not find any help in the descriptions

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 9, 2020 19:22

So we're all feeling confident that "Featuring an all-new stereo mix of the original 1973 album,.." simply means a new remaster?

If so, very misleading to use the word remix that way. Incorrect usage.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 9, 2020 19:27

Justin
So we're all feeling confident that "Featuring an all-new stereo mix of the original 1973 album,.." simply means a new remaster?

No, I am completely in the thinking that it is a new mix, not a remaster

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 9, 2020 19:29

hockenheim95
Justin

No, I am completely in the thinking that it is a new mix, not a remaster

That's where I am leaning as well. Strange that they haven't listed who remixed it. Either way, this is possibly big news that I'm surprised no one is biting on?

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: July 9, 2020 19:40

The Brussels Affair will be available to stream on all the usual sites (Spotify, Apple Music)for free on release day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-09 20:01 by flairville.

Date: July 9, 2020 19:45

GHS 2020 Deluxe - 37 Tracks incl. Brussels Affair:

[Music.Apple.com] - US$ 24.99 on iTunes, also available on [www.Amazon.com] - US$ 28.49 and [www.Qobuz.com] - US$ 28.49 .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-28 17:40 by Irix.

Date: July 9, 2020 19:50

HiRes 96kHz/24bit - [www.Qobuz.com]

Posted by: folon ()
Date: July 9, 2020 20:01

MisterDDDD
Hairball
trm15

shop.udiscovermusic.com

The 10% code worked for me. (have to connect with them on FB messenger)
For first time purchasers, I had not ordered from them before.

The check-out page already had the 25% mark-down applied and then a space to add a code.. Great deal!!

Goats Head Soup Super Deluxe 3CD + Blu-ray Box Set
1 $112.49

Cost summary
Description Price
Subtotal $112.49
Discount UDMESSENGER - $11.24 $11.24 off total order price
Shipping & Handling Free
Taxes $8.81
Total USD $110.06

try UD20OFF (20%) instead of UDMESSENGER ("only" 10% off)

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 9, 2020 20:04

Irix
gastonl74

Another lie of the 40x5_ bar tribute falls! these guys do anything stupid with a little promotion They said the album was released on August 28. and it's actually announced on September 4th

It was no lie since Amazon.de listed the same date - [iorr.org] . I guess it was just postponed by 1 week, maybe due to production bottlenecks (similar to the LIAGT-CD from May 29 to Jun 26). Maybe 4th September is another big release day (like Jun 26) with Atlantic City '89, Tokyo '90 - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] - as well as GHS-Deluxe.

Correct, Irix. thumbs up When the release date was delayed that was mentioned here as well: [iorr.org]

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 9, 2020 20:14

gastonl74
Another lie of the 40x5_ bar tribute falls!
these guys do anything stupid with a little promotion
They said the album was released on August 28.
and it's actually announced on September 4th

A week. And thats a 'lie' is it?

You dont think its quite feasible that the schedule was pushed back?

They were pretty spot on with their info from what I can see.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1812
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home