Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 101
Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: July 9, 2020 14:58

glimmertwin1
slewan
CD box – 137 Euros at amazon France

sad smiley what a bargain!
It is cheaper on amazon US. Just $149.98

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-09 14:59 by ironbelly.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 9, 2020 15:02

ironbelly
glimmertwin1
slewan

well, I guess it's gonna be some 100 Euros in the end. Way to expansive for three 'new' songs, some alternate mixes and instrumentals, plus some merch stuff and gimmicks of course

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 9, 2020 15:08

That would mean Brussels Affair is available for the third time and still not available for an affordable price (less than 90€)

Date: July 9, 2020 15:15

hockenheim95
That would mean Brussels Affair is available for the third time and still not available for an affordable price (less than 90€)

The fourth time smiling smiley

Download
Deluxe version
Ward Records

And now, with GHS...

Date: July 9, 2020 15:19

slewan
ironbelly
glimmertwin1
slewan
CD box – 137 Euros at amazon France

well, I guess it's gonna be some 100 Euros in the end. Way to expansive for three 'new' songs, some alternate mixes and instrumentals, plus some merch stuff and gimmicks of course
Guess so too. platomania.nl has it listed at 115 Euros already. So, eventually the prices will go down a bit before X-mas.

hockenheim95
That is why I closed my eyes and hit a button at cdjapan five years ago for Marquee/Brussels combo winking smiley. The total (including S&H + EU import tax) was like 130 Euros but I do not care about official Brussels 1973 anymore.

Date: July 9, 2020 15:33

Taylor1
Why two versions of Hide Your Love? It’s one of the weakest tracks on the album.Just to showcase Mick’s prowess on the piano? Would have preferred an alternate take of Angie or Star Star and and definitely an instrumental Can You Hear the Music.And why no Winter demo or alternate? Too much Taylor?Hopefully a bootlegger will get a hold of the session tapes and put out the alternate takes like the Satanic Majesties one.And this release is underwhelming compared to what Yoko put out for Imagine album with dozens of outtakes and alternate versions of songs.And why Brussels again and not London 1973?

Hide Your Love has a horrendous mix, so a different attempt is fine by me. Too much Taylor on Winter? Have you even heard Hide Your Love? He's all over it.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: July 9, 2020 15:44

ironbelly
glimmertwin1
slewan

$110.99 from importCDs.

[www.importcds.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-09 15:46 by bonddm.

Date: July 9, 2020 15:48

bonddm
ironbelly
glimmertwin1
slewan

$110.99 from import CD’s.

[www.importcds.com]
Importcds is not an option for Europeans. You will have the price almost double because of DHL services, VAT and import taxes. It is easier to wait for sale from some EU vendor like jpc.de or bol.com

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 9, 2020 16:02

Goats Head Soup 2020 - Official announcement: [RollingStones.com] · [Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-09 16:30 by Irix.

Date: July 9, 2020 16:06

GHS 2020 - 1CD: [www.jpc.de]

GHS 2020 - 1LP: [www.jpc.de]

GHS 2020 - 4LP (Vinyl Box): [www.jpc.de]

GHS 2020 - 2CD (Deluxe): [www.jpc.de]

GHS 2020 - 2LP (Deluxe): [www.jpc.de]

GHS 2020 - 3CD+BR (Super Deluxe): [www.jpc.de]

Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue - September 4
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 9, 2020 16:15

The Rolling Stones - Criss Cross (Official Video)

[www.youtube.com]

The Rolling Stones | Goats Head Soup 2020 | Deluxe Unboxing Video

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-09 16:37 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 9, 2020 16:20

All that noise...I can´t hear the music...

Date: July 9, 2020 16:36

Japanese Editions: [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

2 Bonus-Tracks are included only in the Japanese Edition of the 3CD+BluRay Super Deluxe Box:

- 100 Years Ago (Glyn Johns 1973 Mix) *Bonus-Track only for Japanese Edition

- Hide Your Love Can You Hear The Music (Glyn Johns 1973 Mix) *Bonus-Track only for Japanese Edition - [iorr.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-06 23:10 by Irix.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 9, 2020 16:48

I stick with the 2 CD Version.120€ for Brussels is too much. And you don't even get the 2 japanese tracks

Posted by: gotdablouse ()

Bjorn

Was going to comment on that, appalling to mess up the music like that...

Do I hear some new voice overdubs at 2:18 ? Vocals don't sound familiar around 2:40 either...

It sounds a lot more boring in that video than what I remembered from the boot, maybe because a boot is more "exciting" than an official release ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()

Irix
Japanese Editions: [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

2 Bonus-Tracks are included only in the Japanese version of the 3CD+Blu-ray Super Deluxe Box:

- 100 years ago (Glyn Johns 1973 mix) *Bonus track only for Japanese version

- Hiding your love (Glyn Johns 1973 mix) * Bonus track only for Japanese edition

Hiding your Love???

Rod

Date: July 9, 2020 16:51

bitusa2012

Hiding your Love???

Google Translate ....

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 9, 2020 16:54

Unheard ‘Criss Cross’ Tees Up Rolling Stones’ ‘Goats Head Soup’ Reissue

The box set and deluxe CD and vinyl editions will all feature ten bonus tracks including ‘Scarlet,’ with Jimmy Page.

Published on July 9, 2020
By Paul Sexton

The Rolling Stones’ storied 1973 album Goats Head Soup will be the subject of a lavish multi-format release on September 4. It will be available in multiple configurations, including four-disc CD and vinyl box set editions, and the band’s millions of devotees will be thrilled by its extensive selection of unreleased studio and live material.

Goats Head Soup was the Stones’ 11th UK studio album and was recorded in Jamaica, Los Angeles and London with producer Jimmy Miller. This major new presentation of another landmark in the Stones’ unparalleled history is introduced today (9) with the release of the first previously unreleased track, ‘Criss Cross.’ It’s available now as an instant grat track with pre-orders of the album, and on all streaming and download services. The percussive, swaggering number is accompanied by an official video, which you can see here: [youtu.be]

The announcement of the new Goats Head Soup editions comes in the wake of the band’s achievements with their single “Living In A Ghost Town.” After chart success and acclaim around the world, the song, completed during lockdown, climbs to No. 1 on the German singles chart this week.

The Stones and Jimmy Page

The forthcoming box set and deluxe CD and vinyl editions of Goats Head Soup will all feature ten bonus tracks. These include alternate versions, outtakes and three previously unheard tracks. Alongside “Criss Cross,” a huge attraction will be the inclusion of “Scarlet,” featuring guitar by the Stones’ friend and fellow superstar Jimmy Page, as well as Blind Faith member Rick [also known as Ric] Grech on bass.

“Scarlet” is described as being “as infectious and raunchy as anything the band cut in this hallowed era,” while “All The Rage” “has a wild, post-“Brown Sugar” strut.” The bonus disc of unreleased material also presents staples of Goats Head Soup such as “100 Years Ago” and “Hide Your Love” in a new light, with further unissued mixes by revered producer and Stones insider Glyn Johns.

The box set editions will also include the 15-track live album Brussels Affair. This was captured at a show in Belgium during the autumn 1973 tour that came in the wake of the album’s late August appearance. This set, mixed by Bob Clearmountain, was previously only part of the Stones’ “official bootleg” series of live recordings in 2012.

Highlights of Brussels Affair include memorable live versions of “Tumbling Dice”, “Midnight Rambler”, “Jumping Jack Flash” and songs from the then-new album such as “Star Star,” “Dancing With Mr. D,” “Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)” and the LP’s major hit single, the unforgettable “Angie.”

Multiple mixes

The CD and vinyl editions also contain the original ten-track Goats Head Soup in 5.1 Surround Sound, Dolby Atmos and Hi-Res mixes. The videos for “Dancing With Mr. D.,” “Silver Train” and “Angie” feature alongside an exclusive 100-page book with photographs, essays by writers Ian McCann, Nick Kent and Daryl Easlea and reproductions of three 1973 tour posters.

Goats Head Soup was released with plenty of fanfare,” writes McCann. “Despite what you may read today, the kids weren’t entirely absorbed by glam rock, metal, prog and Philly soul back in 1973, and they bought the album in their thousands, sending it to No. 1 in the USA and in the UK, their fifth consecutive British chart-topper.”

Goats Head Soup is reissued on September 4, and can be pre-ordered here.

[www.udiscovermusic.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 9, 2020 16:56

bye bye johnny
The Rolling Stones - Criss Cross (Official Video)

[www.youtube.com]

The Rolling Stones | Goats Head Soup 2020 | Deluxe Unboxing Video

[youtu.be]

Fixed that second link for you and at 0:31 we have the world premiere of SCARLET !!! Sounds good with some prominent Keith backing vocals

...and you can hear part of Glimmerman's signature..."why you're wearin' my heart" nice ! So it means Scarlet DID circulate previously, not that much of a surprise TBH.

It probably confirms that he's right about "All the Rage" being "You Should Have Seen Her Ass" ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-09 16:59 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 9, 2020 16:56

That's B.S. you can only get the Blu Ray in the super expensive deluxe edition. That and the 'bonus' tracks are the only thing worth it. GHS is not a great album. They should have kept the price lower.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: July 9, 2020 17:04

Bjorn

Without the noise of the video [youtu.be]

Date: July 9, 2020 17:15

GHS-2020 Bundles, Cassette, T-Shirts & more: [Store.DigitalStores.co.uk] , [TheRollingStonesShop.com] .

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 9, 2020 17:15

Lien
Bjorn

Without the noise of the video [youtu.be]

Sounds good. Better than most of the tracks on the original album. I always felt the off kilter production of GHS was due to crashing from all the excesses of the years leading up to it.

Posted by: amg077 ()
Date: July 9, 2020 17:23

Two new songs in 2020 so far.

An oldie and a new composition

Despite the pandemic, it is a good time to be a Rolling Stones fan.

Regarding the reissue, well, 3 new songs are not a lot, but something is something.

Sure i will be buying the 2 disc edition in september.

I will be 30 by then.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 9, 2020 17:23

Thank you Lien!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 9, 2020 17:24

Irix
GHS-2020 Bundles, Cassette, T-Shirts & more: [Store.DigitalStores.co.uk] , [TheRollingStonesShop.com] .

So many choices.
The Super Deluxe 3 cd w Blu-ray is where I'm leaning, but vinyl for this would also be great.. and the t-shirt bundles are nice.. cool smiley
Plenty of time to decide and look for "deals" I suppose.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 9, 2020 17:29

I don’t even own a copy of the regular GHS release smoking smiley

Posted by: MrsEdithGrove ()
Date: July 9, 2020 17:32

Annoying, as this is a missed opportunity. This is the fourth time Brussels Affair has been released: the download, then the beast of the box, then in Japan as a bonus CD with Marquee, and now this.

For those who didn't have it, or couldn't afford it previously, then release Brussels separately whey don't you?

For those that have Brussels, there's many other 1973 live shows out there that they'd love to have. The new release could've matched the original Brussels bootleg or Bedspring Symphony, which includes a fair chunk from Wembley.

Posted by: trm15 ()
Date: July 9, 2020 17:44

UDiscoverMusic USA has a 25% sale until July 31st, plus you can stack a 20% coupon code (SURVEY20) for vinyl purchases. So the 4LP set comes to $75USD. And, free US Shipping!

You can't use the extra 20% off for the 3CD/Blu-Ray set but still 25% off brings the price to $112.49 USD.

shop.udiscovermusic.com

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 9, 2020 17:56

I didn't realize how much crap they're pushing with this release until I looked at the official store, and it's hard to get excited when you feel like it's a scam.
Would make sense if it was some brand new music or a brand new tour, but throwing together bundles, and even selling a lithograph for an album that's 50 years old?
Greedy old bastards...milking it to death while taking advantage of the fans...I'll settle for the 2cd set and purchase from Amazon which will eventually drop down to the cheapest price.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1844
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home