Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 101
Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue
Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: July 8, 2020 21:32

GasLightStreet
Gazza
All this hype for 3 outtakes plus 4 different mixes, 2 instrumental versions and a piano demo of songs that were on the album. Plus a show (albeit a great one) that has now been officially available for nine years.

Christ, and I thought the 'Sticky Fingers' deluxe was underwhelming.

I know there was a lot of songs listed for these sessions and its understandable they dont want to put out stuff that might be nothing more than a rough demo, but surely they have reasonably listenable versions of 'Waiting On A Friend' and other tracks

On the plus side. 'All The Rage' is a new title on me.

This is Mick not being bothered.

No, this is the consequence of moaning fans who complained and complained that they fixed outtakes with modern overdubs for earlier releases. Now we get what was finished up at the time, together with some rough things. And now that’s of course also wrong. Fans will complain no matter what...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 8, 2020 21:36

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 8, 2020 21:48

Gazza
surely they have reasonably listenable versions of 'Waiting On A Friend' and other tracks

Logically any alt. version of 'Waiting On A Friend' or 'Tops' will be included on a TY re-issue.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 8, 2020 21:53

GasLightStreet
The Stones don't care. That is the problem.

Or they (imo) rightfully think any expanded reissue of their albums (I mean multiple cd's in a nifty box à la Miles Davis) should be a posthumous affair.

Therefore as long as they're alive we'll get "minimal" reissues. Hey 5 new tracks (I'm not counting 'Criss Cross' a song I've been sick of since 1995) so in my book that's not too bad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-08 21:54 by dcba.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 8, 2020 22:03

Blueranger
GasLightStreet
Gazza
All this hype for 3 outtakes plus 4 different mixes, 2 instrumental versions and a piano demo of songs that were on the album. Plus a show (albeit a great one) that has now been officially available for nine years.

I know there was a lot of songs listed for these sessions and its understandable they dont want to put out stuff that might be nothing more than a rough demo, but surely they have reasonably listenable versions of 'Waiting On A Friend' and other tracks

No, this is the consequence of moaning fans who complained and complained that they fixed outtakes with modern overdubs for earlier releases. Now we get what was finished up at the time, together with some rough things. And now that’s of course also wrong. Fans will complain no matter what...

That's beyond assumptive and ridiculous.

The "complain no matter what" is, for me, anyway, strictly based on the AMOUNT of material they have that they ignore. I don't give a shit if it's a "demo" or unfinished - The @#$%& Beatles didn't care.

The mentality that they're an ongoing creative band and it would take away from whatever and it will all come out after they died and blah blah blah is all BULLSHIT!

Mick is heard during the VOODOO sessions laughing about "box sets worth" of tracks.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 8, 2020 22:06

Trailer: [youtu.be]

Date: July 8, 2020 22:08

Blueranger
GasLightStreet
Gazza

Mick said he worked on a couple of these songs, so there will be new vocals.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 8, 2020 22:09

F'n hot video

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 8, 2020 22:31

Underwhelming.
Is Brussels on it, or are they shafting us by putting it on a super deluxe version only?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 8, 2020 22:37

Wouldn’t be surprised if All The Rage is an early Star Star. :-D

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: July 8, 2020 22:40

I think they should include some kind of modern day remix of Angie and try to make it a summer hit. Like I Love You Baby by Surf Mesa that's basically Can't Take My Eyes Off You. A lot of kids are wearing Rolling Stones t-shirts and then they got some music to go along with it and make some tiktoks of.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-08 22:41 by NilsHolgersson.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 8, 2020 22:57

Why not include Separately...that’s gotta be some Taylor hate

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: July 8, 2020 23:02

JumpingKentFlash
Wouldn’t be surprised if All The Rage is an early Star Star. :-D
Or maybe,You Should Have Seen Her Ass?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 8, 2020 23:03

Munichhilton
Why not include Separately...that’s gotta be some Taylor hate

That will be the extra bonus material on 2021's TATTOO YOU super deluxe reissue.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 9, 2020 00:03

NilsHolgersson
I think they should include some kind of modern day remix of Angie and try to make it a summer hit. Like I Love You Baby by Surf Mesa that's basically Can't Take My Eyes Off You. A lot of kids are wearing Rolling Stones t-shirts and then they got some music to go along with it and make some tiktoks of.

You're right, Nils. The kids needs some music to go along with their T-shirts. And...they need a hit, or a hit remix rather, to reinvent themselves.

Posted by: usetobesampeg ()
Date: July 9, 2020 00:19

I hope one of those Mr, D cuts has the extra MT Guitar licks,,

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: July 9, 2020 00:32

Personally I hope they didnt re-work Criss Cross vocals as it's already perfect imo. So here's something that has crossed my mind (and everyone hold your horses, I'm not trying to get a sh*t storm going ), as many of you know "MickBoy" used to do alot of remasters and I was always a big fan (the studio material, I never cared for the live remasters). Many on here(most I dare say?) had a much different opinion to the point of downright insults! BUT, that being said, one remaster that seemed to to get rave reviews was "Dancing So Free. Goat's Head Soup Reheated" T&F 011. Even some on here admitted the sound was the best they had heard. So I will be very interested to compare.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 9, 2020 00:38

The Criss Cross snippet doesn't seem to have a redone vocal ? I

That leaves "Scarlet" and "All the Rage" that Mick could have toyed with...Scarlet, AT LAST ! Now we'll finally know if it was "English Rose"...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: July 9, 2020 00:46

Gazza

"Underwhelming" regarding the Sticky Fingers deluxe package is putting it mildly. From my perspective, with the exception of Some Girls and the Totally Stripped deluxe box set, these guys just can't get it right when it comes to delivering these re-issues. I felt teased with only including half of the London Roundhouse tracks on the Sticky Fingers re-issue (which was arguably one of their best 1971 performances).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-09 00:52 by Sighunt.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: July 9, 2020 00:46

Jimmy Page on ‘Scarlet’ according to the mailing I just received from RSR UMG

Date: July 9, 2020 01:13

1963luca0
Jimmy Page on ‘Scarlet’ according to the mailing I just received from RSR UMG
Here more Info about Scarlet [iorr.org]

Date: July 9, 2020 01:39

How is Scarlet a Stones song with no Stones playing on it except Keith,- Page , Grech , etc..Isn’t it a Keith solo song

Date: July 9, 2020 01:45

Taylor1
How is Scarlet a Stones song with no Stones playing on it except Keith,- Page , Grech , etc..Isn’t it a Keith solo song

Pretty sure Mick will be on it.

Posted by: glimmerman ()
Date: July 9, 2020 02:04

Cool news.

My first concern was for "You Should Have Seen Her Ass" to see the light of day. It (thankfully) is actually named "All The Rage". An Ian Stewart super performance.

Stay safe everyone.

Scarlet, why you wearin' my heart on your sleeve, where it ain't supposed to be?

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: July 9, 2020 02:18

glimmerman
Cool news.

My first concern was for "You Should Have Seen Her Ass" to see the light of day. It (thankfully) is actually named "All The Rage". An Ian Stewart super performance.

Stay safe everyone.

Scarlet, why you wearin' my heart on your sleeve, where it ain't supposed to be?

I hope that’s true!

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: July 9, 2020 02:22

Taylor1

This version will obviously be the Stones recorded version. I highly doubt Mick would work on a version of the song that didn't include him at all.

I also recall Don Was saying something about "Scarlet" being a track they dug up when they were going through tapes for the EXILE reissue, if anyone could find the quote that'd be great.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 9, 2020 02:33

I'm glad to have this Goats Head Soup release!

more:
[garyrocks.wordpress.com]

Date: July 9, 2020 02:45

I’d be very happy if Goats Head Soup sounds better,like Tops on TY

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 9, 2020 03:00

dcba
Gazza
surely they have reasonably listenable versions of 'Waiting On A Friend' and other tracks

Logically any alt. version of 'Waiting On A Friend' or 'Tops' will be included on a TY re-issue.

That would be a release that considering how the original record came about would make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

No doubt if they went down that path, they could conceivably cobble together any outtake from 1972-80 and pretend that they were 'under consideration' for Tattoo You.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 9, 2020 03:04

JordyLicks96
Taylor1

This version will obviously be the Stones recorded version. I highly doubt Mick would work on a version of the song that didn't include him at all.

I also recall Don Was saying something about "Scarlet" being a track they dug up when they were going through tapes for the EXILE reissue, if anyone could find the quote that'd be great.

well, most of these albums have to get a Keith solo vocal in somewhere - hence you got a 'Soul Survivor' on the Exile reissue with Keith singing nonsense lyrics over the original track that should never have seen the light of day and a version of 'We Had it all' on the Some Girls reissue that was actually recorded a year after the album came out.

'Scarlet' seems to date from no earlier than Oct '74 according to Nico's site.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1517
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home