Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 101
Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 3, 2020 11:46

Ya wonder why they'd do Brussels again...
I know ... can almost hear jb sigh ....

But maybe some of those Australian shows ... Perth .Melb .... mmmmmmmmmmmm

ROCKMAN

Date: June 3, 2020 11:51

Rockman

Would have been awesome. But weren't they more of an extended part of the Exile-tour?

At least they were, setlist-wise.

Perth in excellent quality would be a dream thumbs up

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 3, 2020 12:06

disc 1: Goats Head Soup original
disc 2: Goats Head Soup Don Was remix
disc 3: Angie 7"
disc 4: 3 promo videos (DVD)

Date: June 3, 2020 12:10

No seriously, I think hockenheim95 could be correct with his guess.
I'd rather have any other 1973 show than Brussels, since I allready have it in countless versions, and I'm not interested in any photo-book or repressing of Angie 7", so that leaves me with the "GHS outtake" disc that could be of interest. So I'll just stick with the "cheap 2cd" version if this will be the scenario.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-03 12:10 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: mike567 ()
Date: June 3, 2020 12:18

I'm really curious if this will be more like Exile and SG with a lot of new overdubs or more in the vein of SF with only half an LP of studio outtakes

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 3, 2020 12:32

DandelionPowderman

Pretty sure Brussels had 3 LPs?
Absolutely.
[www.discogs.com]

Erik_Snow
So I'll just stick with the "cheap 2cd" version if this will be the scenario.
Especially, if Deluxe with Brussels would cost of about the same amount as cheap WARD version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-03 12:35 by ironbelly.

Date: June 3, 2020 12:33

Butt hope they include the lyrics
to ... You Should Have Seen Her Ass .,......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: June 3, 2020 12:42

mike567
I'm really curious if this will be more like Exile and SG with a lot of new overdubs or more in the vein of SF with only half an LP of studio outtakes

Could very well be like Sticky Fingers:

1- Goats Head Soup
2- Outtakes/alternates and select songs from London show
3- Brussels 1
4- Brussels 2

“Acoustic” version of Angie without strings and piano. “Extended” Star Star. “Alternate” Dancing with Mr. D. Don’t forget, Bill Wyman’s birthday party version of Heartbreaker featuring Eric Clapton on kazoo.

Date: June 3, 2020 12:45

Rockman
Butt hope they include the lyrics
to ... You Should Have Seen Her Ass .,......

It will be on a separate sheet together with the lyrics for "Jiving Sister Fanny" and "I Need You". And of all things...."It Don't Come Easy" from Concert For Bangladesh" will be on the backside of the print.

Date: June 3, 2020 12:50

WOW ERIC..!!! .... good ta see the saucy side of ya .... HHHaaahuhhaa

ROCKMAN

Date: June 3, 2020 13:55

@Rockman, I meant lyrics that are just mumbles at times and impossible to put on paper, but now I realize that it was somewhat pervert too

But that's OK, I'm a pervert sicko, so it makes sense

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-03 13:59 by Erik_Snow.

Date: June 3, 2020 14:11

pervert sicko .... metoo ....
and they reckon guys cant do two things at once .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: June 3, 2020 15:37

Discs 4

I think it's only the album plus bonustracks in each format, 1+1 cd + 1+1 Vinyl...

Date: June 3, 2020 15:58

rogerriffin
Discs 4

I think it's only the album plus bonustracks in each format, 1+1 cd + 1+1 Vinyl...

Why?

“Amazon Germany now has a release date of August 28th for an expanded reissue of Goats Head Soup! 4CD. No price or details.”

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 3, 2020 16:10

DandelionPowderman

“Amazon Germany now has a release date of August 28th for an expanded reissue of Goats Head Soup! 4CD. No price or details.”

[www.Amazon.de] says only: "Anzahl Disks/Tonträger: 4" -> Number of Discs/Sound carriers: 4 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-03 16:15 by Irix.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: June 3, 2020 16:29

I'm expecting a disc of outtakes just like other deluxe version of Stones albums. A source tells me there will be outtakes.

Date: June 3, 2020 16:45

exilestones

I'm expecting a disc of outtakes just like other deluxe version of Stones albums.

But there's currently no 2CD of GHS on [www.Amazon.de] .

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: June 3, 2020 17:58

maybe

album + outtakes + BS SF A from new castle + GS MrD Doo MR SFM from london

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 3, 2020 18:14

A lot of times on Amazon when they talk about 4 discs or 4cd's etc they don't make a difference between cd's, dvd's, LP's etc..

So probably what 4 discs means is 2 cd's: the album and a bonus disc and the other two could be a vinyl single and a promo dvd, like we got with the SG box.

Or what somebodyelse said: 2cd's and 2LP's.

After all those expensive boxsets we all should know we never realy get what we want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-03 18:15 by GJV.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 3, 2020 18:24

If and since Brussels is a proven, already mastered and released in certain areas and for a lot of $, I think its a no brainer to think it is going to get wider release, which makes it pretty certain we will see it here.

That would make me happy, otherwise I will finally buy the Ward issue which I have been hold off of in anticipation it will be included in GHS. Because of course if I were to buy the Ward version right now, it will certainly be included in the GHS version.

I wish now I had bought the Deluxe (or super deluxe or whatever the heck its called) version of SF instead of the 2 cd version. I hate rebuying the rebought and rebought again stuff. There is so much redundancy it is ridiculous.

PS: I loved the SF, SG and EOMS releases, the bonus tracks are good enuff for me.

jb

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 3, 2020 18:30

Rockman

Perth. First date with my (still) wife!

Rod

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: June 3, 2020 18:33

The super deluxe box in the USA will be around $142.00.
Also will be 1cd, 2cd, and 2lp versions.

Date: June 3, 2020 19:10

[www.Amazon.de] has btw currently the new GHS-entries removed from the offer-list.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 3, 2020 19:41

It is a shame there is no audio product that captures a good 1972 tour in great quality. Ladies and Gentlemen sounds awful , particularly the guitars, and the Philadelphia shows are pretty bad too. They should give the tapes to Bob Clearmountain. It would great if Clearmountain could get Ladies and Gentleman to sound like Flashpoint or Still Life, rather than the muffled garbage it is now. Clearmountain did a great job with the sound on Tops. And a dream would be Madison Square Garden, July 25, 1972, second show sounding like Flashpoint or Tokyo 1990

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-03 19:42 by Taylor1.

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: June 3, 2020 20:00

Taylor1
It is a shame there is no audio product that captures a good 1972 tour in great quality. Ladies and Gentlemen sounds awful , particularly the guitars, and the Philadelphia shows are pretty bad too. They should give the tapes to Bob Clearmountain. It would great if Clearmountain could get Ladies and Gentleman to sound like Flashpoint or Still Life, rather than the muffled garbage it is now. Clearmountain did a great job with the sound on Tops. And a dream would be Madison Square Garden, July 25, 1972, second show sounding like Flashpoint or Tokyo 1990

Even though i don't follow the relation to GHS, i totally agree.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 3, 2020 20:15

Berlin 1973 was a pretty good show. But the sound on the bootleg is pretty bad.Iwonder if the Stones themselves have better quality tapes of shows like that

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 3, 2020 20:28

Taylor1
Berlin 1973 was a pretty good show. But the sound on the bootleg is pretty bad.Iwonder if the Stones themselves have better quality tapes of shows like that

The case for some of the recordings of the Rotterdam shows made on the Rolling Stones Mobile Unit by Andy Johns.

[www.stonesarchive.com]

Date: June 3, 2020 20:46

Taylor1

Berlin 1973 is not only a "good show" , it's the end of an era, and a incredible one at that. As somebody noted here before, and as I have said before, during "Star Star" something happens - it turned into the very finest concert of the 70s.

But the sound on the bootleg is pretty bad. I wonder if the Stones themselves have better quality tapes of shows like that

Date: June 3, 2020 20:50

or maybe it was me who talked about Berlin 1973? Yes I think it was!

Date: June 3, 2020 20:51

jbwelda
If and since Brussels is a proven, already mastered and released in certain areas and for a lot of $, I think its a no brainer to think it is going to get wider release, which makes it pretty certain we will see it here.

That would make me happy, otherwise I will finally buy the Ward issue which I have been hold off of in anticipation it will be included in GHS. Because of course if I were to buy the Ward version right now, it will certainly be included in the GHS version.

I wish now I had bought the Deluxe (or super deluxe or whatever the heck its called) version of SF instead of the 2 cd version. I hate rebuying the rebought and rebought again stuff. There is so much redundancy it is ridiculous.

PS: I loved the SF, SG and EOMS releases, the bonus tracks are good enuff for me.

jb

Brussels was released worldwide as a download.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1518
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home