Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 101
Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue
Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: April 3, 2020 18:19

I wish they’d just release the details of this already. Tell us when it’ll be released. What we can expect on it.

Sheesh!

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 3, 2020 19:39

Agreed, you'd think the whole world had stopped over a pandemic or something.

Posted by: fyp933 ()
Date: April 3, 2020 20:29

rattler2004
I wish they’d just release the details of this already. Tell us when it’ll be released. What we can expect on it.

Sheesh!

With record stores/retail outlets closed because of COVID-19 I don’t think many major label/artists releases will be forthcoming.
Certainly the Rolling Stones (and others) could sell via Amazon, label or artist website but for maximum sales they need/want bricks & mortar retail outlets.
Until things open up again I don’t think there will be anything information or news.
At this point I have my doubts that Record Store Day that was postponed from April 21 to June 20 will go ahead. Everything seems to be day to day at the moment .

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: April 3, 2020 21:21

There's no way they will release this now, the Stones audience is old and they want physical albums, with stores closed and a pandemic hitting hard worldwide, nothing will happen during months.

The 4 Stones members are on 3 different continents right now and they will remain there for a long while.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 4, 2020 07:57

Stones fans are usually aware of what's happening. They're savvy enough to order a new DVD/BluRay online without having a physical product to buy at a record store.

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: April 4, 2020 09:45

They CAN but would they all WANT to? We’re all savvy enough not to bite the hand that feeds us and rather going en masse to the web store, a lot of us would still prefer to support that brick and mortar store.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: May 20, 2020 02:34

Release Date: Friday August 28
2CD's with extra tracks

Source: 40x5 Tribute Bar
[m.facebook.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 20, 2020 02:40

Good news, but am also hoping for another new original single release some time this summer as unrealistic as that might seem.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()

At last. Something to look forward to. By looking back!

Rod

Posted by: TravelinMan ()

smileys with beer

Posted by: gastonl74 ()
Date: May 20, 2020 04:00

georgelicks
2CD's with extra tracks

[m.facebook.com]
I doubt this source! they always smoke ...
they do it to appear, we must wait for the official confirmation! but what trouble is there !? we will not have it in our hands until it is edited and is for sale in stores

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 20, 2020 04:49

If it's true, things will be open by then, and people have probably gotten more reliant on Amazon etc so who knows. I think the 'max on sales/brick and mortar/Stones fans are mostly old' has become a moot point.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: May 20, 2020 07:56

georgelicks
2CD's with extra tracks

[m.facebook.com]

I’m hoping there’s a 4 or 5CD super deluxe version with both Brussels shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-20 08:03 by bonddm.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: May 20, 2020 13:11

bonddm
georgelicks
2CD's with extra tracks

[m.facebook.com]

Yes - or other shows from the European Tour too. And tourfootage - and the promovideos (incl. both Angie-versions)

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: May 20, 2020 13:19

GetYerAngie
bonddm
georgelicks
2CD's with extra tracks

[m.facebook.com]

Yes - or other shows from the European Tour too. And tourfootage - and the promovideos (incl. both Angie-versions)

+ The Vienna version in pristine quality of 100 Years Ago, now that would be Lovely! The Odeon show would be nice too.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 20, 2020 13:41

bonddm
georgelicks
2CD's with extra tracks

[m.facebook.com]

Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 20, 2020 14:03

bonddm
georgelicks
2CD's with extra tracks

[m.facebook.com]

Why? We have 90% of both Brussels shows in perfect quality allready. I'd take ANY other 1973 shows before Brussels. I'm certainly not buying any more Brussels releases.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 20, 2020 16:40

as far as I am concerned the real news here is that there's no reliable information about it yet.

Date: May 20, 2020 16:44

Two bonus cds sound promising, though. A live show on one cd, bonus cuts on the other - in addition to the album most likely.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: May 20, 2020 17:14

I read it as two CDs total. I’m guessing it will be like Exile.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 20, 2020 17:33

Is this reissue a thing?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 20, 2020 17:38

I hope we get some new unknown songs as opposed to "cleaned up" versions of Tops or Waiting on a Friend. It sounds like Mick was recording new vocals for some of them so that's encouraging.

Some mysterious titles have yet to emerge, going from memory, After Muddy and Charlie or Four and In.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-22 00:05 by gotdablouse.

Date: May 20, 2020 17:44

TravelinMan
I read it as two CDs total. I’m guessing it will be like Exile.

"2 CDs with extra tracks".

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: May 20, 2020 18:31

Reading comprehension is a must. How someone gets 2 extra cds beside one containing the LP is beyond me.

And we have too many Brussels? "We" have 90% of both shows in "perfect quality already"? Who is "we" because I certainly do not, particularly official releases. I do not count the muy expensive exclusive bit nor the pretty expensive and largely redundant Japan release bundled with the Marquee show (the redundant part).

And I have no idea who this source is quoted here from fazebook in Spanish, are they some credible source somehow? Sounds like clutching at straws to me.

jb

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 20, 2020 18:43

maumau
as far as I am concerned the real news here is that there's no reliable information about it yet.

The info about the release date comes from a very reliable source. I'm yet to read any info that came from them which wasn't proved true in the end.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 20, 2020 18:43

jbwelda
And we have too many Brussels? "We" have 90% of both shows in "perfect quality already"? Who is "we" because I certainly do not, particularly official releases. I do not count the muy expensive exclusive bit nor the pretty expensive and largely redundant Japan release bundled with the Marquee show (the redundant part).

"we" are most of us with an interest in the band beyond what's ordinary

And no, you don't have to purchase the japanese one. It was easily available for official download, and probably still is.

when it comes to the 1st show, it's probably the most bootleged RS show ever. You can find downloads of it all over the net if you've never been purchasing bootlegs

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: May 20, 2020 19:32

most of the Brussels shows have been pulled off You Tube. Maybe a sign they will be on the new cds

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 20, 2020 19:58

Father Ted
bonddm
georgelicks
2CD's with extra tracks

[m.facebook.com]

Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed

I shall hope for GHS plus Criss Cross man and a live version of Angie as bonus tracks.............spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-20 20:02 by EddieByword.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: May 20, 2020 20:02

Goats head soup reissue on August 28...And Atlantic City '89 one week later?!?eye rolling smileydrinking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 20, 2020 20:03

jbwelda
Reading comprehension is a must. How someone gets 2 extra cds beside one containing the LP is beyond me.

And I have no idea who this source is quoted here from fazebook in Spanish, are they some credible source somehow? Sounds like clutching at straws to me.

jb

I did not read it as 2 CDs of extra tracks, it's 2 CDs with extra tracks ala EXILE and SOME GIRLS.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1843
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home