Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 101
Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 12, 2020 11:19

doitywoik
jlowe
So....18 pages and counting, based on one remark.
I canna believe it!

You ain't seen nothin' yet. Go check out the New Album thread ... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Certainly not!
Life is too short.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 12, 2020 11:45

If they decide to include a live CD/LP, which they'd be fools not to, as they were at their peak in 1973, wonder what it'll be, since Brussels 2nd show is allready released, allthough that Japanese box is quite expensive.
Combination of London 09/09 and Brussels 1st seems the obvious choice, tho' it won't be useful for anybody with even a slight interest in RS live recordings.
People who only have, let's say, 3 live bootlegs of Rolling Stones......I reckon there's a 90% chance that one of them being Brussels Affair/Nasty Songs/Europe 73

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 12, 2020 12:37

Erik_Snow
If they decide to include a live CD/LP, which they'd be fools not to, as they were at their peak in 1973, wonder what it'll be, since Brussels 2nd show is allready released, allthough that Japanese box is quite expensive.
Combination of London 09/09 and Brussels 1st seems the obvious choice, tho' it won't be useful for anybody with even a slight interest in RS live recordings.
People who only have, let's say, 3 live bootlegs of Rolling Stones......I reckon there's a 90% chance that one of them being Brussels Affair/Nasty Songs/Europe 73

I can lease them my Wembley Empire Pool Sept 8 early show if they want!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 12, 2020 14:33

Erik_Snow

Let me guess, 2 discs, a picture-book, new pressing of the Angie 7", and some kind of toy . stickers or a little goat. 180 dollars as peoplewitheyes wrote; sounds about right.

You're right Erik! Ah the good old days when a boset would contain CDs and a booklet (think the "Layla" reissue from 1990).

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 13, 2020 06:39

Popped it in the car player on a trip yesterday. Meh. Some of the songs are badly produced. There's a lack of separation on the instruments. They would have to remix it if a reissue is supposed to be special. This was the Virgin version. Anyone heard the Japanese SHM-CD take on it? Any better?

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 13, 2020 11:51

24FPS
Popped it in the car player on a trip yesterday. Meh. Some of the songs are badly produced. There's a lack of separation on the instruments. They would have to remix it if a reissue is supposed to be special. This was the Virgin version. Anyone heard the Japanese SHM-CD take on it? Any better?
The best sounding one is old CBS disc pressed by Disctronics in Australia. Pure magic winking smiley

Date: March 13, 2020 12:11

24FPS
Anyone heard the Japanese SHM-CD take on it? Any better?

It sounds really good to me.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 13, 2020 19:28

ironbelly
24FPS
The best sounding one is old CBS disc pressed by Disctronics in Australia. Pure magic winking smiley

Yeah, I encountered that with the first Stones album on a CD pressed in West Germany.

Posted by: achilles77 ()
Date: March 28, 2020 19:29

I caught this little tidbit a couple of days ago as I'm subscribed to the official YouTube channel. Note the Heartbreaker post...

[www.youtube.com]

Not much, but I'm wondering if it's a small early bit of promotion for the upcoming reissue. With the lack of any GHS reissue news lately, it's worth noting.

drinking smiley

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 28, 2020 20:58

achilles77
I caught this little tidbit a couple of days ago as I'm subscribed to the official YouTube channel. Note the Heartbreaker post...

[www.youtube.com]

Not much, but I'm wondering if it's a small early bit of promotion for the upcoming reissue. With the lack of any GHS reissue news lately, it's worth noting.

drinking smiley

Good observation!

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: March 28, 2020 21:24

retired_dog
achilles77

[www.youtube.com]

drinking smiley

Good observation!

What?! All I saw was a video for Honk

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: elwoodpdowd ()
Date: March 28, 2020 21:36

The Rolling Stones will reissue ten of their albums as standalone half-speed mastered pressings in May. Missing from the reissues are "Sticky Fingers", "Exile on Main Street" and "Goats Head Soup". The first two titles have already received deluxe and super deluxe releases. Could a be a sign that "Goats Head Soup" is being prepared for a special reissue.

Rolling Stones reissue half-speed mastered vinyl editions of ten albums

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 29, 2020 00:15

elwoodpdowd

Missing from the reissues are "Sticky Fingers", "Exile on Main Street" and "Goats Head Soup".

'Some Girls' too .... [iorr.org] .

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: March 29, 2020 00:20

elwoodpdowd
The Rolling Stones will reissue ten of their albums as standalone half-speed mastered pressings in May. Missing from the reissues are "Sticky Fingers", "Exile on Main Street" and "Goats Head Soup". The first two titles have already received deluxe and super deluxe releases. Could a be a sign that "Goats Head Soup" is being prepared for a special reissue.

Rolling Stones reissue half-speed mastered vinyl editions of ten albums

That is 100% a giveaway that GHS is getting a reissue with bonus material.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 29, 2020 05:40

And, as mentioned, the fact that Some Girls has been released in Deluxe and super deluxe form and is not included in the half speed masters follows suit. So I think you are on to something,

Its a shame though...those four releases are exactly the ones I would want to buy half speed masters of. Figures.

jb

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: March 29, 2020 08:19

I hope this comes out sooner than later! Need something to entertain myself if this quarantine goes on for much longer!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 29, 2020 10:25

At the very least... Through The Lonely Nights and Criss Cross on as the last 2 tracks of the album...

Posted by: jiggysawdust ()
Date: March 29, 2020 20:26

Before the virus, I'd heard that the "Goats Head Soup" deluxe reissue was being worked on at a studio in Los Angeles for an Autumn release, not sure if the virus will cause it to be delayed.

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: March 30, 2020 08:33

Monsoon Ragoon
Criss Cross almost made the album if I remember correctly. Together with Waiting On A Friend, Through The Lonely Nights and Tops this track is probably the only releaseable (former) GHS outtake out of the ones we know. Fast Talking Slow Walking is pretty good, but had to be "finished". The rest is probably not releaseable. But the question is if Hide Your Love was releaseable then.
And maybe there are more reasonable recordings in the archives (who knew about Sophia Loren or All Down The Line - electric demo in 2008, for instance?).

I somehow remember reading somewhere that Criss Cross was on the album still on the acetate, but was replaced in the last minute by Hide Your Love. Anyone else remember hearing this or was I dreaming?

Date: March 30, 2020 09:06

I definitely expect Criss Cross to be included in the reissue plus some other early versions of GHS songs not in circulation. I'd love to hear early versions of Heartbreaker, Winter and Star Star.

Date: March 30, 2020 09:08

padre69
Monsoon Ragoon
Criss Cross almost made the album if I remember correctly. Together with Waiting On A Friend, Through The Lonely Nights and Tops this track is probably the only releaseable (former) GHS outtake out of the ones we know. Fast Talking Slow Walking is pretty good, but had to be "finished". The rest is probably not releaseable. But the question is if Hide Your Love was releaseable then.
And maybe there are more reasonable recordings in the archives (who knew about Sophia Loren or All Down The Line - electric demo in 2008, for instance?).

I somehow remember reading somewhere that Criss Cross was on the album still on the acetate, but was replaced in the last minute by Hide Your Love. Anyone else remember hearing this or was I dreaming?

Interestingly, RollingStone magazine put out an article before the album's release that included a tracklisting containing both Criss Cross & Hide Your Love, also including Through the Lonely Nights.

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: March 30, 2020 14:17

The edition will include the Brussels Affair (Live 1973) on vinyl and cd or when it is known.

Date: March 30, 2020 14:58

mick64
The edition will include the Brussels Affair (Live 1973) on vinyl and cd or when it is known.

Why that show again? I really hope they include an unreleased show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-30 15:52 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: March 30, 2020 15:34

mick64

Please not Brussels. Either London or something we don't already have in good quality.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-30 17:08 by S.T.P.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: March 30, 2020 17:13

JordyLicks96
padre69
Monsoon Ragoon

Interestingly, RollingStone magazine put out an article before the album's release that included a tracklisting containing both Criss Cross & Hide Your Love, also including Through the Lonely Nights.

I remember that, but wasn't Coming Down Again missing?

Date: March 30, 2020 17:18

S.T.P
Please not Brussels. Either London or something we don't already have in good quality.

Newcastle? We know for a fact they recorded the 1st show so logically they also have the 2nd one (which is totally unavailable in any form) in the vaults.

Mick please look for the "1973-09-13 Newcastle evening show" entry in the computarized database! winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-01 16:28 by dcba.

Date: March 30, 2020 19:03

TravelinMan
JordyLicks96
padre69
Monsoon Ragoon

I remember that, but wasn't Coming Down Again missing?

Coming Down Again and Winter were missing strangely. These were the tracks mentioned in the article as written:

Silver Train
Starf*cker
Hundred Years
Can You Hear the Music?
Through the Lonely Hours
Angie
Hide Your Love
Crisscross
Do Do Do Do
Dancing with Mr. D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-30 19:09 by JordyLicks96.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 30, 2020 19:21

DandelionPowderman
mick64

I believe that was bad google translate. It was not a statement but a question:
Will the Brussels Affair (Live 1973) be on vinyl or cd and when we will know?
Or something like that.

Regarding - why this show again? The answer is - it is ready. They just need to re-assign catalog numbers and correct those on the labels. For CDs everything else can be just a simple copy-paste from Japanese bonus discs.

Date: March 30, 2020 19:32

ironbelly
DandelionPowderman
mick64

I believe that was bad google translate. It was not a statement but a question:
Will the Brussels Affair (Live 1973) be on vinyl or cd and when we will know?
Or something like that.

Regarding - why this show again? The answer is - it is ready. They just need to re-assign catalog numbers and correct those on the labels. For CDs everything else can be just a simple copy-paste from Japanese bonus discs.

Yeah, maybe you're right smiling smiley

Brussels was released on RS Records. Might switch the licensing as well for a possible new release?

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 30, 2020 21:09

ironbelly
24FPS

I'd love to hear the old CBS disc pressed by Disctronics in Australia!

Thanks for the info.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1715
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home